This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (36398 posts) 5 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Batman vs. X-23 (397 votes)

Batman 41%
X-23 53%
Too close to call 6%

Does Bruce Wayne have what it takes to best Laura Kinney? Will his skill, gadgets and tactical mind be enough to compensate for her lethal mindset, healing factor and adamantium claws? Well, that's for you to decide. Yes, you. As these two duke it out, you'll have until Friday morning to think about how it would all go down. Can Batman earn a majority of wins or will X-23 outlast him in combat? Before voting, please be sure to read all of the following rules.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
  • Standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • A Viner Argument for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future "Batman: Battle of the Month" suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

#201 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19957 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my only "to close to call" vote

#202 Posted by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_maj: Batman is supposed to be "the limit of what mortals can aspire to" from the intro to JLA volume one by Grant Morrison. Which would be a little beneath the pinnacle of physical human perfection which is the usual description of Captain America. And no one thinks that what he does is not superhuman either, if they look at his feats. Yet he is classified in his own comic book as the very limit of a NON superhuman.

This is the issue with Batman feat attacks. He represents the least upper bound of humans in his universe that do not have superhuman powers. That is what makes this a contentious fight. If a human in the real world can do it, by his definition as a fictional character Bruce should be able to do it better. It is why his stats have gone from 1000 pound bench presses, to some ridiculous 1900 pound stuff from some panels on his respect threads. And a couple were so proud as to cite where they got it.

Briefly, Batman uber-peak human against X-23 is much closer than people want to make it. His style of fighting a suspected metahuman is to keep distance, especially in a weird setting or situation. And this op definitely qualifies. Nobody with sense placed in that situation will rush at whoever they are facing, esp. In a universe with teleporters and telekinetics and every manner of superhuman running around, no one can afford to judge a book by the cover.

P.S. Laura is only starting for a kill if Batman is the aggressor. And Batman is not initiating a fight against a 16 year old in an unfamiliar and abandoned city because he has to. If you want that, say morals off standard gear. In which case Batman dies. And X-23 gets frozen for a few minutes. Getting Batman the win.

#203 Edited by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Bruce does not need to be absolutely as fast as Cassandra Cain to fight her effectively. He just needs to be fast enough to react to her attacks, which he is. The fact is that her speed is at most 4.2 times faster than a peak human. Assuming that is baseline.Which would make her 120 miles an hour in terms of striking speed. Fast enough for most people to not see an attack, let alone respond. But, Batman has been able to catch arrows going at least twice that speed. And the blink stunt, which makes him able to move in .15 seconds almost 30mph. And that is not the most crazy stuff he has done in regard to speed and reflexes. The sniper shot dodge from behind takes everything else.

P.S. Bruce and Cass are fast enough to blitz people during the fraction of a second that their eyes are closed while blinking. This is why Batman and Cassandra Cain can disappear from people that are looking directly at them. It is a decent explanation of Cass catching Bruce during a sparring session.

P.P.S. Lazarus regeneration gives a rush of strength, speed, and stamina that outlasts the temporary madness iirc. Even if not, a fight with Cassandra would drain someone who is on paper not in her physical class.

Not knocking Cassandra Cain in the least, she was able to survive an encounter with the Fearsome Five solo by speed and skill; but Mach speed is not something she has shown outside of some suspect drawing.

#204 Posted by Owie (3619 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to me that Bruce's only real chance is to incapacitate through some locks or holds, but that won't be easy given her claws, esp. her foot claws. He's got the skill to do it, and his various gadgets, esp. cryo pellets, can help. But how many times out of 10 will that work? One of my biggest issues is that I'm not yet persuaded that most of his gear will really have a major effect on her; it seems like most of it will just be distracting. My gut says X-23 for the majority at the moment.

#205 Posted by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: cryogenic weapons and fast acting bindings are the only things that will incapacitate her for a while. And the only way for them to connect is if he is very close. IMHO, people forget that cryogenic attacks would not hurt or seriously damage people with crazy healing factors. It slows them down until they stop. It is the only viable way to drain their energy. No major tissue damage means no regen. It would be similar result if Logan found himself at the bottom of the ocean. His crazy HF would preserve his cells, but he would not be able to move because he ran out of oxygen. Ice is not a thrilling win, but there it is.

How long would someone need to be incapacitated for a win. If it is ten seconds, Batman has enough options to tie her up that long. Not easy, but viable. Went with Bats, feel it is too close.

#206 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been full of really informative discussions and most reasonable discourse. Quite surprising given that this is Batman being used here against Laura yet she's kicking his ass in the polls and in the discussions.

#207 Posted by Wolverine08 (38563 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see who gets Viner argument of the week :D

#208 Edited by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is much more popular than DC. So that should surprise no one.

BTW. Bruce Wayne was classified as metahuman by Brother Eye in Countdown to Infinite Crisis.

His power was: Genius. So that is how smart Batman is in this fight.

He takes a random encounter, barely. I have already made my case. You do not need to agree, but there it is.

#209 Edited by ClawFist (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord:

I believe @lvenger says that because Batman is in fact much more popular than X-23. So it can be suprising, but it's really just a credit to our community being able to mostly debate without getting out of hand with immature babble and or insults. Of course, exceptions exist all over the world. I think adding that stipulation as the last match rule to the actual battle forum might of helped. Awesome job @k4tzm4n

#210 Posted by Supersam96 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with @reaverlation. Personally, I think Batman would take the victory. Batman has mastered over 127 different martial arts and has trained to fight opponents with knives. It would be a more difficult match because Batman could not technically disarm x-23 and he won't kill her but he likely was trained to fight enemies with Pantera claws (e.g. Bronze Tiger). Batman would likely be able to evade any critical strikes X-23 would attempt due to his vast training and experience (assuming this is a two or three plus year experienced Batman). Batman has also faced nemesis with the regenerative factor such as Deathstroke and the Talons (not the greatest examples but you get the idea). With experience, intelligence, and stealth I believe Batman would win. Besides if he brings his electrified brass knuckles from Justice League the Animated Series, a foe with adamantium (metal/great electrical conductor) claws than one good strike incapacitates X-23 until he can figure out how to contain her (Like a quick call to Superman). I'm not saying it would be an easy fight, I honestly don't know a whole lot about X-23 (Just basics), but that's my input.

#211 Posted by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersam96: I could see Laura winning, but not by a lot. The only reason I voted Batman was that it seemed likely most would vote for the claws and pedigree. And they are pretty compelling on paper. But, in any case with two strategic fighters in an unknown situation with wildly different but strong edges, go with intelligence and experience. The two ways Batman loses the fight from posts seems to be easing off until he gets slashed up, and being the aggressor. I thought of three likely losses in order of severity. Going on offensive would lose because he would give away his tech edge. Relying on his armor when the claws snict would also fail a lengthy exchange. And the worst thing Batman can do in this fight is use the fear toxin. X-23 would not lose her senses, but she would likely be edged into fight or flight levels that are too close to berserk. And given Batman's tendency of going berserk in some cases of fear and other hallucinogenic poisoning, Laura may do the same for a while. And that would be the worst case scenario for Bruce.

Eh, this was my first BBOTM, and I lost. I did find out some cool stuff. DC considers Batman level smarts a legitimate power as far as Checkmate and O.M.A.C. We're concerned.

#212 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11785 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's going to say otherwise if all the pros are at a consensus? Even I agree, due to the fact that Batman probably will not whip out serious gadgets in a random encounter Laura will win.

#213 Edited by patrat18 (8773 posts) - - Show Bio

If X-23 wins nothing.

If Batman wins, "Batman won of course he's Batman"

#214 Edited by MonsterStomp (15814 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

This has been full of really informative discussions and most reasonable discourse. Quite surprising given that this is Batman being used here against Laura yet she's kicking his ass in the polls and in the discussions.

I guess popularity doesn't always take a toll in the polls.

#215 Posted by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it the same reasoning that have Batman losing because he would not go all out not applied to why he would initiate a fight with a girl that he knows nothing about? If this is a random fight that has to happen, there is an obvious catch. He is going to keep distance to figure out who he is fighting.

But when the claws pop he will go straight to heavy gear. And if that includes cryogenic at zero distance he will win. As it is now standard, he has the tools. And it would be the only defense in an extended exchange. But, if arguments can be given for him using something else against a "metahuman" with obviously high healing ability instead of that, it would be informative.

And the one shot theory is not valid.

P.S. If Dick Grayson could survive being frozen solid for several minutes and make a full recovery, why would Batman assume a person with extreme regenerative ability would not? The nature of Laura and Logan's claws are a dead giveaway of an extreme healing factor. Without it, they would slowly bleed to death.

#216 Posted by Mr. Messy Face (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always said that Wolverine would beat Batman easily but I really think Batman would beat X-23 in a fight. Batman and Wolverine are both extremely well experienced in fighting. X-23 may have Wolverine's powers but she's not nearly as experienced as Batman.

#217 Posted by k4tzm4n (36398 posts) - - Show Bio

One more day to vote. If you see compelling and highlight-worthy arguments, please bring them to my attention. It'll make tomorrow easier when I need to read through the entire debate.

Staff
#218 Posted by Juiceboks (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have any scans of Batman using freeze capsules on a person he knows nothing about?

#219 Edited by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: He would not. But, once he knows his opponent has a powerful healing factor, he would unload with heavy gear. And the claws are a dead giveaway of a really strong healing factor. The fact that they come out without blood means that the wounds closed almost instantly. It would take months for a normal human recovery process to repair the damage of cuts that deep. And the person would have almost no chance of full functionality. All Bat,an needs to do is observe her speed and strength to know she is metahuman in those areas. And if he escapes the first swipes of her claws, he would know what he has to do. She is faster, but not Oglivy intro fast. I am sorry to mention a featless into discussion.

P.S. Batman did "fight" Cassandra Cain in batgirl 47 or 50. He was able to evade her with her body reading. And they were both under the effects of the Soul drug, which made people homocidal.

#220 Edited by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Now to write a good argument for my position that will garner votes.

#221 Posted by Juiceboks (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord

But, once he knows his opponent has a powerful healing factor, he would unload with heavy gear. And the claws are a dead giveaway of a really strong healing factor.

Not necessarily. That could mean that X-23 is a cyborg, alien, or a multitude of other things. I don't think he'd figure out she has an abnormal healing factor just from seeing her pop the claws..too many variables to make a definitive decision. Batman would need to actually fight her more to get a good idea of her powers.

P.S. Batman did "fight" Cassandra Cain in batgirl 47 or 50. He was able to evade her with her body reading. And they were both under the effects of the Soul drug, which made people homocidal.

You forgot to mention that Cassie was emotionally conflicted throughout the whole thing..which was evident at the end with their heartwarming moment. Batman also says the drug wasn't as effective as Dr. Death made it seem. Suffice it to say..Cassie was not 100% during the fight. So it's not a great example to bring up. Their sparring session however..is since they were both in their right minds.

#222 Edited by ClawFist (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say, I don't agree with the consistent opinion that claws give away that Laura has a healing factor. There are countless individuals with natural claws of various kinds that come out of their bodies. There's really no way to tell if the claws harm her anatomy since blood doesn't generally spill from her hands once they slide out. As mentioned from @juiceboks she can be just about anything, and Batman's not going to simply assume she has a healing factor. Batman didn't come to conclusion that that the Talon's had a Healing Factor until Batman #7 - The Talons Strike!, when he had a Talon in suspended animation to physically examine in the bat-cave. That's five issues of him fighting Talon's without finding out they actually had healing factors. The only way for Batman to find out X-23 has a healing factor is if he heavily assaults her or deeply lacerates her, and in character he has enough compunction doing this against adults, he's not about to do this to a 16 year old girl he doesn't know anything about.

#223 Posted by jackbensley777 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: ik its a harder metal that can cut anything but you cant slash kevlar, she definately doesnt have the strength to power through kelar cloth even with adamantium

#224 Posted by jashro44 (19584 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: ik its a harder metal that can cut anything but you cant slash kevlar, she definately doesnt have the strength to power through kelar cloth even with adamantium

There is no reason to assume she couldn't slash kevlar.

#225 Edited by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my opinion on why Batman would "win" a majority of random encounters with full standard gear and condition at the start of any random encounter. To do this I will briefly run down the vital elements of each.

First, I am going to provide a rundown on the similarities and differences between X-23 and talons in regen. Then X-23 and Wolverine in terms of regen. Lastly, I will compare fighting skill between Laura, Logan, and Talons.

Talons do not have a limit to their regen, but most can be stopped by decapitation or extreme cold. X-23 due to her youth does have a limit to how much she can heal in a short period of time. Until recently, Wolverine's healing factor, while slower than Laura's, does not have a max amount. All of which are vulnerable to decapitation, only Wolverine is immune to skull damage.

Batman could afford to go against multiple Talons because they all had an outdated fighting style that made them predictable in spite of their metahuman speed and strength, which on panel seem more than X-23. Her strength and speed seem to be near Poison Ivy level (3x peak female strength and speed, unlimited stamina). Naturally, while Isley is smarter in her field, Laura has her stomped in fighting style and experience.

Wolverine has over a century of fighting experience on everyone on this thread, all of it spent killing other fighters. His adamantium greatly increases his durability, and his more developed HF make him able to outlast Laura in any serious morals off encounter between the two. Add to that, wolverine has demonstrated sustained berserker strength(2-3 tons) and speed (60-100mph) for indefinite periods of time while the rare times that Batman has reached near this limit (1.5-2 tons) he has been greatly depleted in strength and fighting ability for an entire arc. Bruce has never run near Wolverine's top speed. He has defeated opponents that could. Laura has metahuman strength for her size, but that only puts her max strength slightly below Batman himself (.6-.8 tons). And her experience in fighting is limited to her time with weapon X and training with Wolverine and a few others. She has neither the genius of Bruce Wayne to learn every known martial art in less than ten years, nor the time to develop an understanding of the martial arts that people would actually use to get stuff done like Logan. Making her fighting skills a significant liability against a man whose intellect has been classified as a metahuman power by O.M.A.C. And Checkmate in his universe.

And it by his deductive intelligence that he would take a majority of any single random encounters.

Being put into a situation where he must subdue what looks like a teenage girl would cause anyone to think about what they are getting into. And Laura facing off against a 6'7" tall Batman from boots to ear tips would bring some pause to come up with tactics. And it would be Batman not being aggressive that would force Laura to close. And this is where most contention will reside.

All acknowledge that Laura can only win this fight with her claws. Few Batman fans seem toaccept that she can do this by simply cutting deep and disengaging to let nature take its course. To our credit it is because his stamina from deep cuts is enough to prompt Laura to go back to finish, leaving her open to a cryogenic Parthian shot.

And Batman will go for the cryogenic tools when her claws pop. Batman is an expert on anatomy, when her hand claws pop without blood, Bruce will know he is dealing with a superhuman opponent that can heal grievous wounds in a fraction of a second. And his martial arts skill will keep him from getting gored in the first strikes. And it is when Laura gets her first partial hit in that she would be most vulnerable. As it would have to be a slash going from outstretched arm to in, leaving her core exposed to weapon attack. And Batman is fast enough to freeze her with his pellets in that split second. It may be possible for Batman to do this before he gets hit, but if Laura evades, she will disengage and only attack with stealth.

And for those who claim that he would not use cryogenic weapons on a regenerating stranger trying to gore him with metal claws-- no, just no.

The long term results of the battle would IMHO be Batman bleeding out despite his incredibly advanced medical tools for injury in the field. And this is in most cases in which he wins. Laura could only possibly blitz him if she were driven berserk. And a talking Batman would prevent the build up of the desperation and rage that it requires.

In short, while both opponents have the means to score a swift victory over the other ( Batman with his cryogenic weapons and X-23 with her berserker speed) it is likely Batman that would deduce the need for such tactics and tools.

P.S. If Robin could survive being frozen solid for minutes by Mr. Freeze, Batman should have little fear of killing someone with Talon(+) level healing. And Batman's suit is able to resist freezing attacks standard.

#226 Edited by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: @clawfist: the Talon argument is flawed in that he did not seriously injure one until he was in the maze. Until then all he knew was that they had metahuman durability, strength, and speed. The talons are completely covered. As long as X-23 has a human heartbeat(sonar detection) as well as human heat signature(thermal detection) he could conclude either a healing factor, or an incredibly skilled shape shifter. Or even a humanoid robot. All of which would lead to more heavy tools being used. Especially a robot or zombie or something else.

P.S. Good point on Cassie being conflicted. It prevents a squeeze argument from working. But, by that same reasonig, Tim Drake is a better fighter than Nightwing and Damian by some of his sparring results on Bruce. I always said that Cass was faster due to her body reading, but that she would not have the speed to just blitz. That is enough to make a fight between Batman and X-23 competitive even with her hand claws. The foot claws would on lumpy be effective on a down stroke against slash resistant armor. Making her use more to sever tendons and/or arteries in his knee and ankle in a grapple. Which he would be unlikely to risk, given his opponent is in all stated cases superhumanly durable. If her arms were robotic the thermals would indicate as much.

#227 Edited by Wolverine08 (38563 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord said:

This is my opinion on why Batman would "win" a majority of random encounters with full standard gear and condition at the start of any random encounter. To do this I will briefly run down the vital elements of each.

First, I am going to provide a rundown on the similarities and differences between X-23 and talons in regen. Then X-23 and Wolverine in terms of regen. Lastly, I will compare fighting skill between Laura, Logan, and Talons.

Talons do not have a limit to their regen, but most can be stopped by decapitation or extreme cold. X-23 due to her youth does have a limit to how much she can heal in a short period of time. Until recently, Wolverine's healing factor, while slower than Laura's, does not have a max amount. All of which are vulnerable to decapitation, only Wolverine is immune to skull damage.

Batman could afford to go against multiple Talons because they all had an outdated fighting style that made them predictable in spite of their metahuman speed and strength, which on panel seem more than X-23. Her strength and speed seem to be near Poison Ivy level (3x peak female strength and speed, unlimited stamina). Naturally, while Isley is smarter in her field, Laura has her stomped in fighting style and experience.

Wolverine has over a century of fighting experience on everyone on this thread, all of it spent killing other fighters. His adamantium greatly increases his durability, and his more developed HF make him able to outlast Laura in any serious morals off encounter between the two. Add to that, wolverine has demonstrated sustained berserker strength(2-3 tons) and speed (60-100mph) for indefinite periods of time while the rare times that Batman has reached near this limit (1.5-2 tons) he has been greatly depleted in strength and fighting ability for an entire arc. Bruce has never run near Wolverine's top speed. He has defeated opponents that could. Laura has metahuman strength for her size, but that only puts her max strength slightly below Batman himself (.6-.8 tons). And her experience in fighting is limited to her time with weapon X and training with Wolverine and a few others. She has neither the genius of Bruce Wayne to learn every known martial art in less than ten years, nor the time to develop an understanding of the martial arts that people would actually use to get stuff done like Logan. Making her fighting skills a significant liability against a man whose intellect has been classified as a metahuman power by O.M.A.C. And Checkmate in his universe.

And it by his deductive intelligence that he would take a majority of any single random encounters.

Being put into a situation where he must subdue what looks like a teenage girl would cause anyone to think about what they are getting into. And Laura facing off against a 6'7" tall Batman from boots to ear tips would bring some pause to come up with tactics. And it would be Batman not being aggressive that would force Laura to close. And this is where most contention will reside.

All acknowledge that Laura can only win this fight with her claws. Few Batman fans seem toaccept that she can do this by simply cutting deep and disengaging to let nature take its course. To our credit it is because his stamina from deep cuts is enough to prompt Laura to go back to finish, leaving her open to a cryogenic Parthian shot.

And Batman will go for the cryogenic tools when her claws pop. Batman is an expert on anatomy, when her hand claws pop without blood, Bruce will know he is dealing with a superhuman opponent that can heal grievous wounds in a fraction of a second. And his martial arts skill will keep him from getting gored in the first strikes. And it is when Laura gets her first partial hit in that she would be most vulnerable. As it would have to be a slash going from outstretched arm to in, leaving her core exposed to weapon attack. And Batman is fast enough to freeze her with his pellets in that split second. It may be possible for Batman to do this before he gets hit, but if Laura evades, she will disengage and only attack with stealth.

And for those who claim that he would not use cryogenic weapons on a regenerating stranger trying to gore him with metal claws-- no, just no.

The long term results of the battle would IMHO be Batman bleeding out despite his incredibly advanced medical tools for injury in the field. And this is in most cases in which he wins. Laura could only possibly blitz him if she were driven berserk. And a talking Batman would prevent the build up of the desperation and rage that it requires.

In short, while both opponents have the means to score a swift victory over the other ( Batman with his cryogenic weapons and X-23 with her berserker speed) it is likely Batman that would deduce the need for such tactics and tools.

P.S. If Robin could survive being frozen solid for minutes by Mr. Freeze, Batman should have little fear of killing someone with Talon(+) level healing. And Batman's suit is able to resist freezing attacks standard.

#228 Posted by ClawFist (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord: That's what I mean though with my argument, is that Batman is not going to simply assume this 16 year old girl is a metahuman, shapeshifter, humanoid robot or has a healing a factor and start throwing bombs at her. He has to have concrete evidence before he's going to start using heavier weaponry. She might have cybernetic forearms and hands for all he knows while the rest of her is more or less human.

#229 Posted by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@clawfist: his gear has infrared, sonar, and enough sensitivity to act as a polygraph when he interrogates people. If her arms were metal they would have a lower temperature than the rest of her body. The fact that they do not would make it more likely that she is some form of metahuman. Either An alien, a shapeshifter, or just someone more durable. In all cases, cryogenic weapons are the only ones he can reverse if done in time. The issue would then be hitting her with them.

I honestly do feel that it should be too close to call, but almost no one actually argues for Batman winning, so...

#230 Posted by senglord (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Considering that her HF can still be overtaxed, I question if better does not mean faster. And Talon HF does not seem to have an upper limit, given some can come back from falls that turn their bodies to goo.

I do stand corrected. Her HF is faster, but finite. Logan's HF was not. But, that has changed has it not.

#231 Posted by jackbensley777 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: are you even familiar with the properties of kevlar? theirs no reason to asume she can... now it depends what suit batman wears. please search on krvlar you cant pierce it and definately cant slash it, x-23 doesnt weild enough force to cut it even if it was possible

#232 Posted by jackbensley777 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

He can use his gauntlets to block her attacks... im sure he has somekind of gadget to throw his smell of so he can disappear and reapear.

#233 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 due to reasons already mentioned

#234 Edited by ClawFist (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@senglord: I do agree that he would and can use Cryogenic weapons, but with no concrete evidence of what she is in a random in character encounter, that's about the heaviest weapon I see Batman using against X-23 and the most useful. In which case, as you said it becomes about if he can hit her, and he would have to freeze her whole body. Cause we already know, if he gets her feet, an arm, or anything less than her entire body, she's going to get free in moments.

@jashro44: @jackbensley777:While Wolverine, X-23, and even Daken's(Who has bone claws) ability to cut nearly anything might not make sense to our real world physics, it is indeed an ability that is always utilized. Technically they shouldn't be able to slash through a lot of properties they do with only foot long blades. X-23 cut's through metal and most other properties like butter, Kevlar shouldn't prove to be much better in comic book world. Kevlar can indeed be pierced, just take a look at this video link below I have provided for you.

http://vimeo.com/8502720