This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) 5 months, 20 days ago

Poll: Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Batman vs. X-23 (397 votes)

Batman 41%
X-23 53%
Too close to call 6%

Does Bruce Wayne have what it takes to best Laura Kinney? Will his skill, gadgets and tactical mind be enough to compensate for her lethal mindset, healing factor and adamantium claws? Well, that's for you to decide. Yes, you. As these two duke it out, you'll have until Friday morning to think about how it would all go down. Can Batman earn a majority of wins or will X-23 outlast him in combat? Before voting, please be sure to read all of the following rules.

Match Rules

  • Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
  • Standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

  • Thoughts from the staff.
  • A Viner Argument for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future "Batman: Battle of the Month" suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

#101 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: what are you talking about Batman can sneak up on and disappear from Superman without some a special suit and where did i down play her abillities i even mentioned her enhanced abilities and sense what some people completely left out

#102 Edited by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@akbogert said:

I don't really understand what a "random encounter" between these two actually constitutes. Like, the premises for the fight. But if they both enter this abandoned city with awareness that they will encounter someone and are supposed to fight, Laura would be able to smell Bruce, track him, and analyze him from a distance, ensuring she was not within range of him until she had figured out how to take care of him.

Batman has so many ridiculous feats that I'm sure someone can and will come up with a grand narrative for how he beats her, but with no prior knowledge of X-23 before the encounter I really don't think he should stand a chance.

*goes back to avoiding battle threads*

Think of it like it's a fighting video game. You know how each round begins with the two characters x amount of feet apart, staring at one another and prepared for conflict? It's the exact same deal here and I try my best to address all of the important information (where they are, how far apart, they're in character, standard gear) in the OP. Sure, the fact they'd decide to fight immediately instead of talking makes no sense, but hey, let me have my fun.

Pretty much standard fare for comic books though K4tz...most of the time the first time two heroes meet each other they end up assuming the other one is "The Bad Guy" and they tussle for a bit. Hell, even if they know each other half the time they still end up fighting anyway.

I know, but they were asking what the characters' motivation is in these battles. While the comic usually has some kind of plot to remotely justify these brawls, here it's literally just, "YOU! I MUST DEFEAT YOU!" *Mortal Kombat theme plays*

@akbogert said:

@k4tzm4n: Heh. No dig on you -- I just, as a writer, have trouble with needing to understand character motivation and such.

And speaking of writers, if this is written by Yost, Laura definitely wins.

If it is written by Hopeless, she runs thoughtlessly and irrationally at Bruce and is knocked unconscious with a single, comical, punch in the face.

Sorry, last remark was just silliness. I didn't think your post was a jab at me or anything along this lines.

But... what if it's by Marjorie Liu?!

Staff Online
#103 Posted by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: what are you talking about Batman can sneak up on and disappear from Superman without some a special suit and where did i down play her abillities i even mentioned her enhanced abilities and sense what some people completely left out

No. He can't. At least not without absurd amounts of PIS and that garbage isn't considered in battles. You downplayed the effectiveness of the claws. You downplayed X-23 as a whole by stating she would lose because she doesn't have anything that Batman hasn't seen before. I would go through and itemize everything I take issue with in your argument but it would just take more time than I think the argument is worth.

Also, I said special device, not special suit and that's exactly what he used to hide his heartbeat from Superman.

#104 Edited by akbogert (3201 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Then I will be moderately entertained and unimpressed, but come to appreciate it in retrospect when comparing it to the work of later writers :P (also I honestly have no idea -- maybe you should ask her on Twitter to weigh in)

#105 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 GOT THIS!

Online
#106 Posted by MythiiC (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna have to go for X-23 (6 out of 10 fights) and here's why.

In a random encounter, 30 feet away - both of them can see each other & analyse the threat. Neither character is stupid, so they'll evaluate the target. Now Bat's is designed to look intimidating, seemingly posing a greater threat, whereas X-23 frankly doesn't look anywhere near as intimidating. Batman will underestimate X-23, that's a given. I really don't see a scenario where he knows of her healing factor & claws before they trade blows, so the surprise will tip the favour towards X-23.

(Just to clarify, the reason Bats will most likely underestimate X-23 is because she has no visible weapons - whereas in reality, she has 2 sets of claws & 2 blades in either foot. If Batman went in for a hand-to-hand takedown without this information, he's toast. He's an excellent combatant, but even his armour isn't strong enough to take on adamantium blades!)

X-23 will see that Batman is kitted out on armour, and I doubt that she'll miss the fact that he has gadgets, so she'll see him as a threat.

Both characters are fast, theres no doubting that. I see Bat's getting the first blow on, due to his gadgets - so he may chuck a few batarangs, or potentially a gas pellet. Neither of these will put X-23 down & her healing factor should prevent the gas from proving effective (in theory) - however, they may be effective enough to help Batman secure a win. Depending how fast they are thrown, it may cause X-23 to use her claws (e.g. to block a batarang) - which will, of course, reveal that she is a greater threat than initially thought, and may lead to Batman taking a step back & planning out a takedown.

It's worth noting that it's only X-23's claws that are coated in adamantium, so she's not difficult to knock out (in comparison to Wolverine).

If Batman can get the drop on X-23, it's game over - he'll do a swift takedown & won't give X-23 a chance to react. The main issue with this is that it's all very circumstantial. If Batman can see all sets of claws before engaging in hand to hand & deducing that she has a healing factor, then I can see it being in Bat's favour, but that's difficult to determine without trading a single blow. I dunno, he's considered the worlds greatest detective, maybe his analysis would save him the majority of the time, but even then, X-23 is skilled as well (& willing to take that killing blow).

In a set of random encounters, I believe X-23 will take it. All she has to do is get a good jab in with her claws, or a single kick to connect, and it's pretty much over for Bat's. He's good, but he gets tagged a lot, and this will most likely prove to be his downfall in a straight up fight. There's obviously a potential for Batman to win in hand-to-hand in a bunch of fights with X-23, however I feel that X-23 would take the majority of these as well.

#107 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

I was originally thinking this was going to be a hands down win for X-23. After thinking more about it i think Batman would win.

Thinking about it while X-23 beats batman in almost every category these are still not uncommon to Batman. The best example would be Killer Croc vs Batman. sharp claws, healing factor, super strength, Killer Croc only falls to X-23 in martial arts skill and acrobatics. While those variants might be enough to sway the fight, Killer Croc likely has superior strength and Batman has still beaten him and others all at the same time.

#109 Posted by Merc20 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a lot to read through so i haven't checked, but is Trigger Scent being taken into consideration or no? (Leaning towards no)

#110 Edited by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

I was originally thinking this was going to be a hands down win for X-23. After thinking more about it i think Batman would win.

Thinking about it while X-23 beats batman in almost every category these are still not uncommon to Batman. The best example would be Killer Croc vs Batman. sharp claws, healing factor, super strength, Killer Croc only falls to X-23 in martial arts skill and acrobatics. While those variants might be enough to sway the fight, Killer Croc likely has superior strength and Batman has still beaten him and others all at the same time.

You are using Killer Croc as a X-23 comparison?

#111 Edited by k4tzm4n (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@merc20 said:

There is a lot to read through so i haven't checked, but is Trigger Scent being taken into consideration or no? (Leaning towards no)

No, it's not.

Staff Online
#112 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

@degraaf said:

I was originally thinking this was going to be a hands down win for X-23. After thinking more about it i think Batman would win.

Thinking about it while X-23 beats batman in almost every category these are still not uncommon to Batman. The best example would be Killer Croc vs Batman. sharp claws, healing factor, super strength, Killer Croc only falls to X-23 in martial arts skill and acrobatics. While those variants might be enough to sway the fight, Killer Croc likely has superior strength and Batman has still beaten him and others all at the same time.

You are using Killer Croc as a X-23 comparison?

as a rough comparison but yes. Are they not alike? bc the years of reading comics that was the closest comparison i could come up with that Batman has faced which is actually a decent one imo

#113 Edited by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@vandinejd_1991 said:

@k4tzm4n: Why not Wolverine 2.0? She was created for the specific purpose of being Wolverine's clone. The only way she differs from him is her gender, two claws, and adamantium on her claws only. Other than that she has the same healing factor, superhuman strength, reflexes, and rage mode. At the very least she's Wolverine 1.5. In fact she's even defeated Wolverine as well as taken on Lady Deathstrike and the Hulk.

Because the title 2.0 implies a better version -- an upgrade. I don't believe X-23 is a better combatant than Wolverine. Sure, she beat his time while fighting fodder and such, but her victory over Logan is absolutely laced with critical factors. If there was now an issue where Wolverine was forced to fight her without holding back (and assuming he's not jobbing by showing zero signs of skill, that is), I would most certainly have my money on him.

During that fight he seems to stop holding back for a minute then goes back to holding back. When he screams "ILL MAKE YOU LISTEN" or something along those lines. She was able to keep up in that minute though but thats no sign to how she would fare against one truly holding back from start to finish.

Online
#114 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: Iam what i said is complete reasonable ya they unbreakable and able to cut through anything(which i said) but they still have the limitions that regular claw weapons which as weapons are cool but are very limited.

the point of those statements was not to say she loses becuase of these but to stop people from using the prep excuse that people like to use to make it so that if Batman dosnt have prep some how he is useless which is why i also said that from those statements a huge advantage batman has is experiance

#115 Posted by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: Iam what i said is complete reasonable ya they unbreakable and able to cut through anything(which i said) but they still have the limitions that regular claw weapons which as weapons are cool but are very limited.

the point of those statements was not to say she loses becuase of these but to stop people from using the prep excuse that people like to use to make it so that if Batman dosnt have prep some how he is useless which is why i also said that from those statements a huge advantage batman has is experiance

What are these limitations? The blades touch him, they are going through him.

#116 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@mythiic: batman dosnt underestimate anybody and while he wouldnt know her abilities right away but he has faced foes like the Talons who having healing factors so thats so that not going to surprise him plus a single batarang that hits her means he will be able to see her healing factor

Batman has faced plenty of strong foes that dont use weapons why whould he underestimate her plus like Wolverine she dosnt tend to hide her claws plus the fact she cant move her wrists is kind of a dead give away that she is hiding something

batman wears a cape that covers his body plus see dosnt have x ray vision how does se know its armor and yet again all his gadgets are in conseled potches he could have gum in them for all she knows

#117 Edited by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth said:

@mythiic: batman dosnt underestimate anybody and while he wouldnt know her abilities right away but he has faced foes like the Talons who having healing factors so thats so that not going to surprise him plus a single batarang that hits her means he will be able to see her healing factor

Batman has faced plenty of strong foes that dont use weapons why whould he underestimate her plus like Wolverine she dosnt tend to hide her claws plus the fact she cant move her wrists is kind of a dead give away that she is hiding something

batman wears a cape that covers his body plus see dosnt have x ray vision how does se know its armor and yet again all his gadgets are in conseled potches he could have gum in them for all she knows

Why wouldn't she be able to flex her wrists? Why wouldn't Wolverine for that matter? Have you read comics with either of these characters?

#118 Posted by Fetts (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going actually to go with Batman here and I'll tell you why: X-23 is not Wolverine. Did she "beat" Wolverine? Yes. But Wolverine didn't want to fight her from the beginning. Sure he got temporarily fed up but let's be honest. Do we honestly believe Wolverine would treat a fight with a teenage girl like any other fight? No. Wolverine was definitely holding back.

But back to my main point. X-23 is not Wolverine. She does not have speed/reflexes feats that make Spider-Man think she is as fast him, she does not have the ability to move faster than the human eye, she hasn't caught bullets, she has not blitzed somebody from like 20 ft. away, she has not tagged speedsters, etc. Wolverine has done all of those things and more. Her skill isn't anywhere close to Wolverine either. She has not lived hundreds of years, she has not been trained by some of the world's greatest martial artists (like Daredevil, Shang-Chi, and whatshisface that broke a boulder with a stick), she does not know every single weak point to every single species, etc. Wolverine does. Point is, Wolverine has her outclassed in almost every way (including strength, animal senses, intelligence, and so on) save for the healing factor and the acrobatics. So many people think that Batman vs Wolverine is a pretty close match (though I think Logan would win that one). And with good reason. So why would we believe that Laura, a clone who is much inferior feat-wise, take a solid majority over Bruce?

Batman may not be Wolverine either. But feat-wise, I'm quite certain he's better. For speed and reflexes, he's disappeared right in front of the likes of Flash and Deadshot, he's dodged minigun fire from point blank range, he has snatched the guns away from seven people surrounding him before they could even pull the triggers, he has switched cups (his being poisoned) from across the table faster than a man could blink, he has snatched the rings of Green Lanterns on more than one occasion, etc. As for skill, he has studied literally every martial art there is. Not just hand to hand combat, but swords, battle-axes, rods, etc. He has displayed a knowledge for nerve strikes, he's also went he's went toe-to-toe with the likes of Karate Kid and Lady Shiva. The list goes on and on.

So in conclusion, what I'm saying with that is that Batman can absolutely keep up with and dominate X-23. I know she has feats like fighting Spider-Man and stalemating Daken. But she never had an upper hand over Spidey and Daken wasn't using his full potential. Other than those fights and the one with Wolverine, I don't know of any fights that'd trump Batman in speed and skill. So because Batman has the advantage over her in said factors, all he has to overcome is the healing factor and durability. People keeps saying "he's not going to know about the level of Laura's healing factor and durability". Well that's true. But you also have to keep in mind that Batman has the greatest tactical mind known to comics and superb deductive skills. He'll figure out that she has a healing factor early on in the fight. If Batman has to keep testing the limits of X-23's HF and durability, he can absolutely do that. He has more than enough toys to wear her down with.

#119 Posted by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#120 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2692 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce vs Laura, I will side with X-23 on this one. First of all this is a random encounter, not saying Bats cannot do anything (because he can do a lot) but Laura is gonna be able to shrug off almost everything Bruce has in store for her. Her HF is the biggest advantage as is better than Logan's since she doesn't have all that ady on her. H2H Bats takes this all day as I believe he has a vast amount of knowledge and experience over her. Speed and Agility on the other hand I would say they are roughly on par with eachother. I do believe this would be a lengthy fight that would weigh down on both fighters. We all know Bruce is determined and one of the greatest strategists in comics but Laura is no pushover and has a strategic siode to her as well. Her first encounter with Logan she flung mud/dirt into his wounds to slow the healing process, think of her as a mini-Logan with less skill, better healing, and just as much rage. X-23 FTW.

#121 Posted by MythiiC (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth:
In my opinion, using the Talon as a comparison to X-23 isn't necessarily fair. Yes they have sharp weapons & healing factors, however their fighting style is different - relying on knives (the majority of the time), and their weapons are clearly on display on their armour.
If Batman takes a quick glance at X-23, he will get a detailed analysis of her - however, he won't see her claws & blades - in theory, they should be concealed - even if he did deduce it (potentially from her clothing), it's not a given that Batman will win.

As I mentioned earlier, X-23 is certainly not stupid - it's common sense that what Batman is wearing is some type of armour. Even if she doesn't deduce that, she will at least see that Batman poses as some sort of threat due to his intimidating appearance (once again, common sense), meaning that she will probably be more cautious.

One more thing, maybe 'underestimate' was the wrong choice of words on my behalf (apologies) - rather, I think he would misjudge her. I doubt either character would charge at each other from 30 feet, instead they would probably get out of each others views & devise a plan. They would have that fleeting look to get their analysis (granted, Batman's would be more detailed), which I doubt would be enough time to figure out the concealed blades in X-23.

#122 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11832 posts) - - Show Bio

Gadgets

#123 Posted by Jmarshmallow (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd lean towards Batman, but I'd probably be the odd-man out. X-23 would seem like the obvious choice on paper, with Bruce "just being human, whereas X-23 is superhuman" as I often hear people say.

IMO, far superior skill, comparable physicals, faster reaction speed, gadgets, and especially one-hit KO's like Leopard Blow, Vibrating Palm, Falling Leaf, etc. grant Bats the win.

Maybe I'll elaborate further in the week.

Jmarshmallow

#124 Edited by Supreme_Maj (255 posts) - - Show Bio

" Innocence Lost" takes it Batman will not see what it's coming to him because He's too concern for kids but X is not the kind of kid you play around with

#125 Edited by Fetts (4420 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Edited by Shawnbaby (10458 posts) - - Show Bio

@mythiic: batman dosnt underestimate anybody and while he wouldnt know her abilities right away but he has faced foes like the Talons who having healing factors so thats so that not going to surprise him plus a single batarang that hits her means he will be able to see her healing factor

Batman has faced plenty of strong foes that dont use weapons why whould he underestimate her plus like Wolverine she dosnt tend to hide her claws plus the fact she cant move her wrists is kind of a dead give away that she is hiding something

batman wears a cape that covers his body plus see dosnt have x ray vision how does se know its armor and yet again all his gadgets are in conseled potches he could have gum in them for all she knows

Actually, Laura often keeps her foot claws hidden as an ace up her sleeve. And she moves her wrists very well...where did you get the idea that she can't?

#127 Posted by jashro44 (19857 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts said:

I am going actually to go with Batman here and I'll tell you why: X-23 is not Wolverine. Did she "beat" Wolverine? Yes. But Wolverine didn't want to fight her from the beginning. Sure he got temporarily fed up but let's be honest. Do we honestly believe Wolverine would treat a fight with a teenage girl like any other fight? No. Wolverine was definitely holding back.

But back to my main point. X-23 is not Wolverine. She does not have speed/reflexes feats that make Spider-Man think she is as fast him, she does not have the ability to move faster than the human eye, she hasn't caught bullets, she has not blitzed somebody from like 20 ft. away, she has not tagged speedsters, etc. Wolverine has done all of those things and more. Her skill isn't anywhere close to Wolverine either. She has not lived hundreds of years, she has not been trained by some of the world's greatest martial artists (like Daredevil, Shang-Chi, and whatshisface that broke a boulder with a stick), she does not know every single weak point to every single species, etc. Wolverine does. Point is, Wolverine has her outclassed in almost every way (including strength, animal senses, intelligence, and so on) save for the healing factor and the acrobatics. So many people think that Batman vs Wolverine is a pretty close match (though I think Logan would win that one). And with good reason. So why would we believe that Laura, a clone who is much inferior feat-wise, take a solid majority over Bruce?

Batman may not be Wolverine either. But feat-wise, I'm quite certain he's better. For speed and reflexes, he's disappeared right in front of the likes of Flash and Deadshot, he's dodged minigun fire from point blank range, he has snatched the guns away from seven people surrounding him before they could even pull the triggers, he has switched cups (his being poisoned) from across the table faster than a man could blink, he has snatched the rings of Green Lanterns on more than one occasion, etc. As for skill, he has studied literally every martial art there is. Not just hand to hand combat, but swords, battle-axes, rods, etc. He has displayed a knowledge for nerve strikes, he's also went he's went toe-to-toe with the likes of Karate Kid and Lady Shiva. The list goes on and on.

So in conclusion, what I'm saying with that is that Batman can absolutely keep up with and dominate X-23. I know she has feats like fighting Spider-Man and stalemating Daken. But she never had an upper hand over Spidey and Daken wasn't using his full potential. Other than those fights and the one with Wolverine, I don't know of any fights that'd trump Batman in speed and skill. So because Batman has the advantage over her in said factors, all he has to overcome is the healing factor and durability. People keeps saying "he's not going to know about the level of Laura's healing factor and durability". Well that's true. But you also have to keep in mind that Batman has the greatest tactical mind known to comics and superb deductive skills. He'll figure out that she has a healing factor early on in the fight. If Batman has to keep testing the limits of X-23's HF and durability, he can absolutely do that. He has more than enough toys to wear her down with.

I agree with everything here except disappearing in front of flash.

Online
#128 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: ok thats just silly differeant weapons have differant advantages like a bow is a very good weapon at a distance up close its useless and for claws is the range of motion and you only have to act like you have claws like Logan to see what i mean first while stabing is fine the problem comes in when you slash and that is becuase all the power is only coming from the movement of your arms and when you a tempt to do a downward motion its even worse becuase the power in that is only coming from the shoulders not to mention that movemnet also leaves your whole body wide open

#129 Posted by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: You think Batman vs Wolverine is a close match? :D

Online
#130 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: yes i have read the comics when her claws arnt extended she can flex her wrists

#131 Posted by jashro44 (19857 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: You think Batman vs Wolverine is a close match? :D

Eh, maybe not that part (with no knowledge in a random encounter yea batman is kind of screwed). All though with knowledge and standard gear, depending on what we consider standard gear for Bruce I can see a case being made for him.

Online
#132 Posted by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: That's what I wanted to hear Jash!

Online
#133 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: now that a couple people have said this iam not sure i could have sworn that while her claws here retracked she could move her wrists

#134 Posted by godzilla44 (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: How much do you want bet that batman still wins due too popularity

#135 Posted by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: Batman is losing the poll by 13% right now.

Online
#136 Posted by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: Batman is losing the poll by 13% right now.

I voted for Batman even thought X-23 would win the fight

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Online
#137 Edited by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@godzilla44: Batman is losing the poll by 13% right now.

I voted for Batman even thought X-23 would win the fight

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's messed up bro.

Online
#138 Posted by Shawnbaby (10458 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: How much do you want bet that batman still wins due too popularity

Laura has actually been increasing her lead all day. When I first checked this morning she was winning 50 to 45 with 5% too close to call...now the number the votes has doubled and its 54-41 with 6 % too close to call (which actually adds up to 101% but I'd blame that on rounding up)

#139 Posted by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#140 Posted by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#141 Posted by Pr0metheus (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: You twisted bastard!

Yeah, Picking X-23 was stupid when Batman would obviously solo Wolverine,X-23,Deadpool,Sabertooth,Daken and the rest of the Marvel universe.

Online
#142 Posted by HushoftheWind (815 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though the votes look grim for Batman, i still think he wins especially after his showing against the Talons in Court of Owls. Has X-23 fought anybody else on batman level in Marvel like Cap, Black Panther, or Daredevil. Im not counting Wolverine b/c he looked like he didnt even wanna fight her? Aside from that, i always envisioned this fight as Bruce fighting Cassandra Cain but with a healing factor. Another question, has X-23 ever been subdued to point where she couldnt escape? b/c i know Bruce has a knack for capturing his opponents.

#143 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce can put her down but the foot claws well eviscerate him.

#144 Edited by Wolverine08 (38919 posts) - - Show Bio

Got damn, X-23 is steadily climbing up the poll.

Online
#145 Posted by nickxfrye (25 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I thought Batman by a long shot, experience over youth, age before beauty, but then reading through viners arguments and going back through X-23's powers and experience I have to side with her.

#146 Posted by jackbensley777 (637 posts) - - Show Bio

Does X-23 have bone claws or what?

X-23 is somewhat animalistic just like logan but lighter and not as strong... batman could possibly win. also take into consideration that

KIVES CAN'T PIERCE KEVLAR NEITHER CAN CLAWS

that is just one of the many beutiful propertuies of the fabric. i also cant see her beheading bruce with his cowl

#147 Posted by jashro44 (19857 posts) - - Show Bio

Does X-23 have bone claws or what?

X-23 is somewhat animalistic just like logan but lighter and not as strong... batman could possibly win. also take into consideration that

KIVES CAN'T PIERCE KEVLAR NEITHER CAN CLAWS

that is just one of the many beutiful propertuies of the fabric. i also cant see her beheading bruce with his cowl

X-23 claws are adamantium, the rest of her bones are normal. Her claws will cleave through batman's armour pretty easily.

Online
#148 Posted by Jayc1324 (9858 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Depends if she's strong enough to Pierce his armor. The adamantium can definitely cut Kevlar but his suit is more than just kevlar and has gotten an upgrade in durablitity recently. Just saying. Also, batman is a enough fighter to not get hit by her claws that often if at all

Online
#149 Posted by jashro44 (19857 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@jashro44: Depends if she's strong enough to Pierce his armor. The adamantium can definitely cut Kevlar but his suit is more than just kevlar and has gotten an upgrade in durablitity recently. Just saying. Also, batman is a enough fighter to not get hit by her claws that often if at all

Adamantium has allowed 2 toner wolverine to cut gladiator. His suits not protecting him from that. If you want a more direct feat for Laura she cut ww hulk IIRC. I can agree with the last sentence but there is no way batman's armour is protecting him from adamantium.

Online
#150 Edited by Jayc1324 (9858 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Oh yeah his suit won't protect him from the claws I was just saying she will have to put some power in her punches for them to go through. If she can even hit him at all

Online