Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Batman vs. X-23

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Batman vs. X-23 (408 votes)

Batman 41%
X-23 53%
Too close to call 6%

Does Bruce Wayne have what it takes to best Laura Kinney? Will his skill, gadgets and tactical mind be enough to compensate for her lethal mindset, healing factor and adamantium claws? Well, that's for you to decide. Yes, you. As these two duke it out, you'll have until Friday morning to think about how it would all go down. Can Batman earn a majority of wins or will X-23 outlast him in combat? Before voting, please be sure to read all of the following rules.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
  • Standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • A Viner Argument for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future "Batman: Battle of the Month" suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

• 
vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@k4tzm4n: She's at least a Wolverine 1.5

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

(Inhales...Exhales)I'm gonna get attacked for this but I'll side with Batman. Why though?Because he's Batman!...But seriously though.I back Batman because X-23,physically,doesn't bring much new to what Bruce has dealt with as Bruce has taken on those above his physique like Man-Bats and Bane but Bruce brings a much better skill set,tactical mind,and his belt of plo- I mean gadgets.Bruce can use anything from Cryo pellets,Batarangs of different types (electric,explosive,etc.)to easily slow her down and if any chance that she pulls her claws out,Batman has magnets to subdue her momentarily to take a thinker as Bruce is legend in the name of stealth(which can be used to his advantage as Bruce has used stealth against others with better senses than X-23).But there's a problem that Bruce will run by that everyone will notice as well:23's healing factor.Bruce normally holds back during fights and if Bruce doesn't expose her healing factor,then if can be his downfall but Bruce will expose it throughout the fight as he will damage 23 and that'll be Batman's opportunity to forget his Morals.Bruce having dealt with people with Healing Factors(talons for example),he can use much more punishing attacks like the Leopard Blow,Vibrating Palm,etc. which can one hit KO/Kill(most likely temporarily I believe)her or use his gadgets in much more lethal ways(explosives for example).Overall I can see Bruce winning the fight but it will be a very hard match due to Bruce holding back

Agree...

Also, I find the talons similar to wolverine and x23. I mean, obviously they aren't even comparable, but both the talons and x23 are assassins with sharp claws for attacking and regenerative abilities. If anything, batman has experience over fighting talons while he is outnumbered by them. That experience should be similar to what would be in this case against x23 in some way....

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X23

midgard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to go with X-23.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 is wolverine without the unecessary anger, and she actually uses her martial arts skills.

She also has a physical advantage, and the healing factor. I would say, X-23 in a long fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@wolverine08: You know I have my problems with that Iron Fist feat as a legitimate showing of Logan's skill. But nonetheless a very convincing argument from you and @theacidskull on Laura having the edge. I might vote for her anyway to make sure my vote doesn't contribute to the popular candidate winning.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Shawnbaby

@k4tzm4n said:

@erik said:

X-23 solos.

Solo solos X-23.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Solo Solos Solo.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Wolverine008

@lvenger: Yeah, I can see why you would be skeptical overall about the showing considering that it was Bendis at the helm of things. He is a somewhat inconsistent writer, but the way I view it, the showing itself is valid when looking at Wolverine's overall feats. Just looking at recent occurrences, he casually put down a class 50+ Strontian Kid Gladiator via a pressure point with his index finger, one upped Captain America by cutting his shield straps, putting a slight cut on his stomach, and kicking him away all in one move once he decided to use his skill in AvX, he walked all over the Black Dragon Death Sqaud composed of highly talented superhuman martial artists once he got some improvement with his Master Po during Manifest Destiny, he's shown his skill has now let him curbstomp Sabretooh 6/6 times, he beat Silver Samurai in a sword fight after a refresher course and was even able to pinpoint his specific style through his stance, etc. I think with Logan's overall skill showings, along with his well expounded on training that he is always brushing up on that it's feasible that he could get one over a martial artist like Danny in a fight with context like that they were both holding back.

Also, thanks for the compliment regarding my argument :)

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight is gonna end up the same way if Batman were to fight Wolverine: Bruce Wayne dead. X-23 may not have full adamantium but she still has a better healing factor than Wolverine and is more agile. She is also a deadly assassin and skilled enough to put Lady Deathstrike down for good (until her cohort uploaded her essence into another body).

Batman would give her a fight but he has nothing to put her down. X-23 has been dipped in lava and shot with lasers and still came out fine.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I am going with X-23 on this one, partly due to that Batman will be seeing the blades from her hands before anything else. It will ofc alert him that he is dealing with a meta, but what else is he going to think? He faces people with guns and knives on a nightly basis, so a teenaged girl shouldnt be that different?

Then they start to move around and Batman will most likely try with a lowly batarang as his first shot. They are unlikely to hit because Laura is very agile and unlike Logan, won't just tank everything thrown at her, and guaranteed to not slow Laura even if they do, but it will tell Batman that she knows her way around a fight, without giving away her healing factor (unless Bats actually hits her in the eye, which isn't his style). Also a reason he won't use specialized equipment that might kill her, like cryro-grenades (which I am pretty sure he saves for Clayface and Mr. Freeze who he knows wont die from being frozen in a block of ice)

So Laura should have a good chance of getting in close, where Batman (reasonably) is quite comfortable with all his MA skills. This is probably also the place Laura is at the greatest risk of loosing through getting immobilized or knocked out by either getting tangled in wire, gassed or tasered. But depending on what Batman has guessed and how he decides to deal with her, he also risks getting caught off guard by her healing factor, the determination she has even when severely wounded (like loosing an arm barely slowed her) and that Laura normally only pops the claws in her feet when she is in the thick of it, which Batman might only notice the moment one of them slips into his ribs.

Regarding the foot claws, I don't see it likely Laura will pop either of them before she has a chance to use them, especially on the current surface, where it would be like someone to trying and run in flippers.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Just because she has claws and a healing factor doesn't mean she takes him. He can knock her unconscious in a dozen different ways and is a muuuuuuuuuuch higher skilled fighter and intelligent mind. She has no chance in hell. This has nothing to do with popularity vote, its just common sense. Nothing she brings to the table is something he hasn't dealt with before. She will cut him a few times, maybe even hurt him badly, but he will take her down.

I really hate how a lot of posters try to undermine Bats because of his popularity. He is one of the most skilled individuals in both universes and there are maybe 10 street level characters who COULD take him down (Deathstroke, Black Panther with equipment for example) and she is not part of that group.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Wolverine008

Batman. Just because she has claws and a healing factor doesn't mean she takes him. He can knock her unconscious in a dozen different ways and is a muuuuuuuuuuch higher skilled fighter and intelligent mind. She has no chance in hell. This has nothing to do with popularity vote, its just common sense. Nothing she brings to the table is something he hasn't dealt with before. She will cut him a few times, maybe even hurt him badly, but he will take her down.

I really hate how a lot of posters try to undermine Bats because of his popularity. He is one of the most skilled individuals in both universes and there are maybe 10 street level characters who COULD take him down (Deathstroke, Black Panther with equipment for example) and she is not part of that group.

LOL.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I forgot to tell you, nice battle mate.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a random encounter, X-23 is more than Bats can handle.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

X-23 is just too much for Batman in this fight. It is redundant for me to say that Batman puts up a good fight because that is always true. X is a finely tuned killing machine with a healing factor and adamantium claws. Her bones are not laced with the metal like Wolverine's so the only shot Batman has is if he severs her hands and feet which I don't see happening. Given prep time, Bruce could come up with a perfectly crafted plan to take her down but in a random encounter I don't see him coming out on top.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Black_Arrow

Close Battle.

Batman is one of the greatest fighters in Dc universe, he has proven his prowess fighting as equals enemies like Lady shiva, bronze tiger, David Cain. He has humiliated Green Arrow,Batwoman, Ras al ghul and Wildcat. He has train with Kirigi, Wildcat, Dragon, David Cain and Lady Shiva. He knows all fighting styles. He has achieved the peak human condition and with his training he has mastered his body. he can lift 1000 lbs and he can disappear in the blink of an eye, that makes him capable enough to fight X-23 for a long time. when he fights her,the first thing he is going to notice is that she is skilled because his fighting stance and then he is going to notice(because he is the world greatest Detective) that she has a huge healing factor, He is going to use the killing moves (as he did with the Talons) he has like the Leopard Blow of lady Shiva and the vibrating hand technique. He will use high voltage electricity and all the explosives he has at hand. Other big weapon that Batman has is Stealth if he finds himself really outmatched even with her enhanced senses, Batman has constantly disappear from people who has them. With stealth he could do his most power hit to her head.

Summarizing

Batman has:

• More skill
  • More Intelligence
  • Better Equipment
  • More Experience

X-23 has:

• Little better Speed and Stength
  • Adamantium Claws
  • Willing to kill
  • Huge healing factor

Batman wins 6/10 or is too close to call

Great Battle

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow:

Other big weapon that Batman has is Stealth if he finds himself really outmatched even with her enhanced senses, Batman has constantly disappear from people who has them. With stealth he could do his most power hit to her head.

How will he know that she has enhanced senses?

AustinCY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough call. I was leaning towards X-23 but as I'm thinking about it, Batman actually has a chance of defeating her. Let's get one thing straight, Batman is smarter than X-23 in every way: Strategically, scientifically, academically etc. The only way Batman will die is if he fights X-23 head on. Indefinitely, X-23's adamantium claws would slice him up despite Batman's Kevlar armor. But since they're 30 feet away, Batman will test the water. How? Throwing everything he's got at her. Just like in Justice League: War when Batman first encountered Superman, Batman threw all sorts of gadgets at him: Tear-gas pellets, grappling hooks, explosive Batarangs, long-distance tasers, and a sonic sound device. Batman is smart enough to test the water before going head on with X-23. On top of that, he has the frozen pellets that he uses against Clayface and sleeping gas that he's used on Solomon Grundy. One thing is for sure, Batman is resourceful.

Both Batman and X-23 have incredibly extensive training. Batman has traveled alI over the world to master every fighting art form. He can hold his own against Lady Shiva and Bronze Tiger who are the best martial artists in DC. X-23 was born to become the perfect killing machine, courtesy of Weapon X, where she was trained to kill and assassinate ever since she was a kid. If X-23 fought without her claws against Batman, that would be an interesting battle in which Batman would win with his strength and athletic prowess. But that's not the case, X-23 will use her claws and will aim to kill Batman.

Here's something to think about: Batman's rogues gallery are notoriously recognized as the most feared, twisted, maniacal, intellectually insane, threatening, dangerous and cold-hearted supervillains that comic book fans have ever read. And guess who deals with them on a daily basis? Batman. Do you honestly think X-23 can ever stand a chance against the likes of Bane, Joker, Clayface, Killer Croc, Hush, Poison Ivy, Black Mask, Deadshot and Mr. Freeze? Maybe. It's interesting to think about how she would handle them but the Batman fans can agree with me that she'll inevitably get outsmarted and tortured, mentally and physically.

The fight will look something like this: Batman will throw his Batarangs to see how exceptional her agility is. At this point she'll sheathe her claws to defend herself against the attack in which Batman will learn that those claws are extremely dangerous. He'll then get Alfred to fill him in on everything the databases know about this X-23. Batman will keep throwing stuff at her (tasers, sonics, grappling hooks) and at the same time he's keeping his distance away from X-23, just like what he did with Superman. At the end, Batman will realize that she has gone berserk and there's no point of trying to talk her out of it and will therefore use his frozen pellet to freeze her entire body. With X-23's small physique, she will not have the brute strength to free herself like Superman would. If Batman had to, he would place explosives all over the frozen X-23 and detonate her into a million pieces since she does not have adamantium bones like Wolverine.

Truth is, Batman was already ten steps ahead of her ever since he got filled in by Alfred. Since Batman has his utility belt, he will persevere until the end no matter how many different gadgets he has to throw at her. His last resort was to use his frozen pellets because he knows that will take her out but at the same time, he has the heart to give his opponents a chance to back down. Batman wins, you just need to look at the bigger picture.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@austincy said:

Tough call. I was leaning towards X-23 but as I'm thinking about it, Batman actually has a chance of defeating her. Let's get one thing straight, Batman is smarter than X-23 in every way: Strategically, scientifically, academically etc. The only way Batman will die is if he fights X-23 head on. Indefinitely, X-23's adamantium claws would slice him up despite Batman's Kevlar armor. But since they're 30 feet away, Batman will test the water. How? Throwing everything he's got at her. Just like in Justice League: War when Batman first encountered Superman, Batman threw all sorts of gadgets at him: Tear-gas pellets, grappling hooks, explosive Batarangs, long-distance tasers, and a sonic sound device. Batman is smart enough to test the water before going head on with X-23. On top of that, he has the frozen pellets that he uses against Clayface and sleeping gas that he's used on Solomon Grundy. One thing is for sure, Batman is resourceful.

Both Batman and X-23 have incredibly extensive training. Batman has traveled alI over the world to master every fighting art form. He can hold his own against Lady Shiva and Bronze Tiger who are the best martial artists in DC. X-23 was born to become the perfect killing machine, courtesy of Weapon X, where she was trained to kill and assassinate ever since she was a kid. If X-23 fought without her claws against Batman, that would be an interesting battle in which Batman would win with his strength and athletic prowess. But that's not the case, X-23 will use her claws and will aim to kill Batman.

Here's something to think about: Batman's rogues gallery are notoriously recognized as the most feared, twisted, maniacal, intellectually insane, threatening, dangerous and cold-hearted supervillains that comic book fans have ever read. And guess who deals with them on a daily basis? Batman. Do you honestly think X-23 can ever stand a chance against the likes of Bane, Joker, Clayface, Killer Croc, Hush, Poison Ivy, Black Mask, Deadshot and Mr. Freeze? Maybe. It's interesting to think about how she would handle them but the Batman fans can agree with me that she'll inevitably get outsmarted and tortured, mentally and physically.

The fight will look something like this: Batman will throw his Batarangs to see how exceptional her agility is. At this point she'll sheathe her claws to defend herself against the attack in which Batman will learn that those claws are extremely dangerous. He'll then get Alfred to fill him in on everything the databases know about this X-23. Batman will keep throwing stuff at her (tasers, sonics, grappling hooks) and at the same time he's keeping his distance away from X-23, just like what he did with Superman. At the end, Batman will realize that she has gone berserk and there's no point of trying to talk her out of it and will therefore use his frozen pellet to freeze her entire body. With X-23's small physique, she will not have the brute strength to free herself like Superman would. If Batman had to, he would place explosives all over the frozen X-23 and detonate her into a million pieces since she does not have adamantium bones like Wolverine.

Truth is, Batman was already ten steps ahead of her ever since he got filled in by Alfred. Since Batman has his utility belt, he will persevere until the end no matter how many different gadgets he has to throw at her. His last resort was to use his frozen pellets because he knows that will take her out but at the same time, he has the heart to give his opponents a chance to back down. Batman wins, you just need to look at the bigger picture.

Batman had studied Superman and knew of his capabilities in that animated movie, that's why he threw all of the gear he had specialized for Superman at him once the fight started. Even then, what animated Batman does holds no weight here when we are dealing with comic book Batman.....

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Black_Arrow

@wolverine08 said:

@black_arrow:

Other big weapon that Batman has is Stealth if he finds himself really outmatched even with her enhanced senses, Batman has constantly disappear from people who has them. With stealth he could do his most power hit to her head.

How will he know that she has enhanced senses?

It doesn't matter. What I said is that Batman is stealthy enough to sneak on her and he knows that she is skilled so to remain undetected he is going to be really careful.

GattsuBanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's too fast for the Bat. I prefer Bruce as a character, I just don't see him winning this.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Love the patrolling you're doing.Respect @wolverine08! lol.Also can you check out my post about what I said?1st shot participating in a Battle of the week/month :)

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@theacidskull: How is Wolverine a brawler? Brawlers don't do this to Iron Fist.

No Caption Provided

You know what else happened right after that? Squirrel Girl beat Wolverine.

Squirrel Girl > Wolverine > Iron Fist

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@theacidskull: How is Wolverine a brawler? Brawlers don't do this to Iron Fist.

No Caption Provided

You know what else happened right after that? Squirrel Girl beat Wolverine.

Squirrel Girl > Wolverine > Iron Fist

Squirrel Girl is omnipotent.

Xo10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Xo10

X-23 just can't lose this, wolvie on his own has decimated heaps of opponents, X-23 is stronger has a better healing factor AND has more skill batman just can't win

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see batman taking majority. He is more skilled and he obviously has some disadvantages here but his skills, previous experience, and gadgets should be enough. He has dealt with healing factors before and has dealt with people much stronger and faster than him before in random encounters. Most notably fighting and defeating amazo with no prep.

I don't think a healing factor and her claws would be enough to take Batman. Especially with the versatility of his belt. Things like knockout gas and explosive batarangs and tasers...

The two main advantages for x-23 are her claws and healing factor. Batman's smart and has dealt with healing factors before. Its possible he doesn't realize it fast enough and she recovers and takes him but if he does he will make adjustments, like trying to use magnets or tie her up. And the claws can certainly tag batman quite often and will earn x-23 a good amount of wins but I don't think they will get her a majority. Mostly because batman is skilled enough to not get tagged by her claws at all if he doesn't want them to, but I can see her cutting him up a few times if he underestimates her or tries to block the claws with his gauntlets.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 destroys Batman in a random encounter.

specialmonkey7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me preface my argument by saying that I am the biggest Batman fan out there and, quite simply, in most situations, Batman wins because, frankly, Batman is us. In a world filled with super powered beings, gods, if you will, we have to have someone that is still human, still beyond super powers that can cut the all powerful down to size. Therefore, Batman has to win, for our sake.

All that being said, I think that X-23 just might come away with the win here. Keeping to the allotted rules for this combat and with both individuals having no prior experience with one another, Batman has nothing on this mysterious young woman. Laura, having been conditioned for assassination and the art of killing all her life, would not give a second look to a man in a bat suit coming down upon her. Combat is combat and it would be Batman that would be taken aback by the sudden appearance of claws along with the heightened agility of this girl.

Though I feel that both fighters have the same level of fighting ability, it is X's gymnastic abilities, her out of the ordinary personal weaponry and the ability to tap into her berserker rage that would give her the high ground, attacking Batman over and over, relentlessly, drawing blood and keeping the Dark Knight on his toes. Blood would be spilled and Batman would be against the ropes but hardly yet defeated. He would resort to his various utility belt tricks, be it smoke bombs, batarangs and maybe even explosives if he sees the level of healing factor X has. Bottom line, he's going to give as much as he's given and then some, pulling out all of the stops.

In the end, however, I think that Batman would realize that he just cannot win and, when X-23 drops the fatal blow, stabbing Batman through the chest with a solid roundhouse kick with her toe claws, Batman would take the blow and fall defeated on the cold, hard pavement. X-23, confused, coming down from the high of rage would stumble off, unsure of what exactly had happened, realizing she had killed once again.

Meanwhile, Batman, master of the human body, student of the ancient arts of Nanda Parbat and master tactician would be on the ground, working through the pain, having directed the foot blade to just miss his heart by centimeters, and already alerting Alfred and the rest of the Bat-family of this murderous young girl. Round one goes to X-23 but you better believe that Batman will be ready for round 2....

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@specialmonkey7: I don't understand how people think that Batman represents them in the comic book world. We are not Billionaire Playboy Ninja Detective Geniuses with PTSD. We are not Batman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@specialmonkey7: I don't understand how people think that Batman represents them in the comic book world. We are not Billionaire Playboy Ninja Detective Geniuses with PTSD. We are not Batman.

LMAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82  Edited By Erik

Haha!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84  Edited By theodixon9

This will be a difficult fight for Batman. Not knowing his opponent and having no preparation will make things even closer. He's fighting quite a skilled enemy and the fight could go either way.

First, I'll say why I think Batman could win. To start of with, he definitely comes out on top when it comes to martial arts skills. X-23 is no pushover when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, but I don't think she's not on the same level as some of DC's master martial artists who Batman has faced off against. If he can relatively easily dodge gun-fire, then he can probably dodge a few of X-23's strikes. Batman's gadgets also give him an advantage. Sonic grenades, tasers and liquid nitrogen capsules (which would prove especially effective) will all help Batman defeat X-23 without causing severe damage to her. Eventually, Batman will probably realize his opponent has a healing factor and use more deadly weapons as well, such as explosives. His experience against Talons with healing factors may also come in handy in this situation. Speaking of healing factors, X-23's may be a little stronger than wolverine's, but her skeleton isn't fully covered with adamantium. This means some of her most important organs (i.e. the brain, the heart) will be vulnerable and, although she does heal much much quicker than most, damage to one of these organs would still take time to heal. Batman doesn't have to kill her, just incapacitate or knock her out for some time.

X-23 does have a fair chance though. To begin with, Batman will start of trying to use less dangerous techniques of taking her down whereas she may go for more violent methods and it could take just one blow of her claws to defeat the Dark Knight. Batman may also try to take advantage of the fact that the battle is at night and attempt to sneak up on her without realizing she has superhuman senses. When he goes for her, the Wolverine clone could tear him to pieces. In the paragraph above, I mentioned that I thought Batman's fighting skills were greater than X-23'S. But I also said she's no pushover and, with her superpowers, she may be too much to handle.

However, I'm gonna give Batman the win for this one. If he didn't have his gadgets it would definitely go to X-23 but he does. Combining his weapons with his great knowledge of tactics and martial arts skills, Batman would come out on top more often than not. X-23 may be violent but she's not an animal and I don't think she would go straight for the Dark Knight's head. Considering this, Batman could take a few stabs to a less important part of the body, (taking into account his level of willpower and fitness) and while his opponent has her guard down, use one of his many tools to take her out.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

X-23.

She's fighting Batgod though.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while X-23 has some great abilities heres the thing is her three best advatages her healing, her abilities and claws are nothing Batman hasnt seen before

First her healing factor while great he has seen this in Talons whose healing factors arnt as impressive as her's but theirs cant be over tasked and Batman was able to hold off multiple Talons who all have differant fighting styles and who are trying to kill him all of this and he had no gear and was out of his suit not to mention the fact that her healing factor can be over tasked

Next her enhanced abilities and senses while not Superman levels her healing factor does give her enchanced abilities but here is the thing Batman faces the likes of Talons who also have inhanced abilities aswell as Bane who even without venom can lift well over over 1500 lbs and her sneses are useless becuase Batman can seek up on the likes of Superman who can hear from space and see all spectrums of light

lastly her claws while they maybe indesurtable and cut through anything the thing is they arnt really anything special becuase thier are reagular human weapons that mimik this infact its a favorite weapon of Brinze Tiger a member of Batman's rogues. Now you might say what about the claws in her feet and i would say what about them while an interesting idea claws in the feet arnt pratical

Now with thats said we can clearly see a very important card that Batman has over X-23 and that is experiance he has fought more foes with a wider range of abilities and to the fact that all of the above abilies are easy for Batman to find out because she will pull out her claws the moment the fight starts a batarang to the body will show that she has a healing ability and a couple quike attacks will show she has some inhanced abilities but for X-23 the oppistite isnt true while she will be able to tell a few things about Batman she wont be able to know the kind of equipment he carries and like many before her with Batman's all most superhuman abilities and great stealth if he is even human.

I will say most of Batman's equipment will be useless against X-23 becuase herhealing factor things like cryo bombs are likely to give Batman a great avantage over her but i think Batman's greatest advantage here is his skills

First hand to hand combat Batman clearly as her beat he is a master of well over 127 martial arts most of which are deadly but the ones that are important here are like i said before the knowledge of the claw weapon and martail arts like akidio and judo that use the superior streghts of your oppents to your advatage and allows Batman to control the tempo of the fight she might have some skills but from what i have seen see really isnt even on Damains level who besides for the healing factor has a simular background

Second is tactics and surprisingly X-23 thinks more like Batman than she does Wolverine but the problem is from the start she is in a up hill battle Batman is the one of if not the best tacticians in the DCU and frankly the kind of tactics she brings are that of an assasson (like trying tp bleed out Logan) but those are tactics batman is very frumiliar with considering his history with "The League of Assassions" and remember this is in a city batman's kind of battle ground plenty of dark places to hind in a sneak attack from and Batman would have no problem X-23 likes big open spaces

a couple final things i should note unlike Logan her bones arnt ademantuim so getting X-23 to the point where her healing is over tasked is going to be much easier plus with her healing factor Batman will have no problem going all out on X-23 becuase unlike most of his regular villains and the everyday mugger she can take a full on batman punch without him worring that its killed her

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I don't really understand what a "random encounter" between these two actually constitutes. Like, the premises for the fight. But if they both enter this abandoned city with awareness that they will encounter someone and are supposed to fight, Laura would be able to smell Bruce, track him, and analyze him from a distance, ensuring she was not within range of him until she had figured out how to take care of him.

Batman has so many ridiculous feats that I'm sure someone can and will come up with a grand narrative for how he beats her, but with no prior knowledge of X-23 before the encounter I really don't think he should stand a chance.

*goes back to avoiding battle threads*

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@erik said:

X-23.

Batman already beat Superman in a non-canon battle with extensive prep, so obviously he beats X-23. Gosh! Do you people even logic?

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By OldManJoe

In an endurance fight, always go for the one with a healing factor. Batman is only human and he can tire, but X-23 doesn't. And while Batman my be a master of stealth, X-23's enhanced senses would allow her to track him down.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@erik said:

X-23.

Batman already beat Superman in a non-canon battle with extensive prep, so obviously he beats X-23. Gosh! Do you people even logic?

I logiced this morning brah!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

I don't really understand what a "random encounter" between these two actually constitutes. Like, the premises for the fight. But if they both enter this abandoned city with awareness that they will encounter someone and are supposed to fight, Laura would be able to smell Bruce, track him, and analyze him from a distance, ensuring she was not within range of him until she had figured out how to take care of him.

Batman has so many ridiculous feats that I'm sure someone can and will come up with a grand narrative for how he beats her, but with no prior knowledge of X-23 before the encounter I really don't think he should stand a chance.

Batman is batpotent!

April_Farchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation said:

X-23 as she's better than Wolverine in every way(runs away from @wolverine08)

Get lost!

hey to be fair Wolverine even admitted that Lauras healing factor is better than Wolverines its just Wolverine is faster and more skilled. (probably because Laura is so young.)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@wolverine08 said:

@erik said:

X-23.

I logiced this morning brah!

Bro you can't logic as much as I can!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#95  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@akbogert said:

Think of it like it's a fighting video game. You know how each round begins with the two characters x amount of feet apart, staring at one another and prepared for conflict? It's the exact same deal here and I try my best to address all of the important information (where they are, how far apart, they're in character, standard gear, etc.) in the rules. Sure, the fact they'd decide to fight immediately instead of talking makes no sense, but hey, let me have my fun.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Deathstroke!!!!!!!

No but seriously, X 23 FTW.

Morals off Batman would stand a better chance but would still lose.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Batman takes this one. I don't think it will be easy for him though. He has fought similar skill sets and has come out on top.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Shawnbaby

@k4tzm4n said:

@akbogert said:

Think of it like it's a fighting video game. You know how each round begins with the two characters x amount of feet apart, staring at one another and prepared for conflict? It's the exact same deal here and I try my best to address all of the important information (where they are, how far apart, they're in character, standard gear) in the OP. Sure, the fact they'd decide to fight immediately instead of talking makes no sense, but hey, let me have my fun.

Pretty much standard fare for comic books though K4tz...most of the time the first time two heroes meet each other they end up assuming the other one is "The Bad Guy" and they tussle for a bit. Hell, even if they know each other half the time they still end up fighting anyway.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Erik

@lordofthenorth: That's some mighty powerful X-23 downplaying, sir. Kuddos to also using examples that are not applicable here, like Batman's special device used to hide himself from Superman's senses.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@k4tzm4n: Heh. No dig on you -- I just, as a writer, have trouble with needing to understand character motivation and such.

And speaking of writers, if this is written by Yost, Laura definitely wins.

If it is written by Hopeless, she runs thoughtlessly and irrationally at Bruce and is knocked unconscious with a single, comical, punch in the face.