A new month has begun and that can only mean one thing: it's time to put Batman's skills to the test. We usually come up with Bruce Wayne's next battle on our own, but this month's match has been determined by the community. Snake-Eyes took a huge lead over quite a few other characters in the poll, so why not simply give the people what they want, right?
Does DC's legendary hero have what it takes to earn a majority of victories over the deadly dude from G.I. Joe? Well, that'll be determined by you. Yes, you. Voting and debate for this fight will remain open until Friday morning (ET), so that gives you roughly four full days to think about how this fight would go down. And, if you don't have all the facts about one (or both) of these combatants, then that gives you more than enough time to research them or at least read the ongoing debate. When you're ready, go ahead and give the Comic Vine crowd a good dose of your mind.
- Combatants are in character (aka morals apply for both).
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep/prior knowledge for either).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 40 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
- Both characters have their standard gear.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Just to clarify: Batman has his New 52 gear, however, his skill feats from the pre-52 era can be taken into account since he's supposed to be as skilled as he once was. Plus, that just makes things more fun to speculate, right?
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining and name calling. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- A Viner Argument for both characters ().
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future "Batman: Battle of the Month" suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter!