Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Bane vs. Bullseye

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Bane vs. Bullseye (364 votes)

Bane 48%
Bullseye 47%
Too close to call 5%
Bullseye or Bane? The winner's determined by you.

Batman's run through a very tough gauntlet in this segment, so he's taking the month off (fear not, he'll make his return in the next edition). While Bruce Wayne enjoys some much deserved R&R, the man who once shattered his life will be put to the test. This month, Bane will square off against the incredibly lethal Daredevil villain, Bullseye.

Will Bane's pain tolerance grant him the win or will Bullseye make the foe fall from one too many wounds? Well, the outcome's completely up to your vote. Yes, you. So, if you happen to be particularly passionate about this one, go ahead and get your elaboration on. If it's awesome enough, it just may sway more votes to the character you're rooting for and potentially get promoted in Friday's update.

Anyway, read on to check out all of the rules for this fight. They're important, so don't overlook 'em. Once again, you have all week to think about this, so there's no need to vote just yet if you're not certain about who should earn your support.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
  • This is PRE-52 BANE with the same version and venom set-up he had during Knightfall. Aside from that, he's unarmed.
  • Bullseye's gear: a wide variety of throwing weapons (playing cards, shurikens, daggers, knives, etc.) and two sais.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the Comic Vine staff.
  • A Viner Argument for both sides (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

• 
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By MonsterStomp
reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By reignmaker

Let's see, we have a lady killer who consistently gets his ass kicked by Daredevil and this other dude who broke the Bat.

Can you guess how I voted?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see, we have a lady killer who consistently gets his ass kicked by Daredevil and this other dude who broke the Bat.

Seems a bit skewed, don't you think? That lady was one of the most dangerous human assassins in Marvel Universe.

nimstradamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By nimstradamus

The adamantium in Bullseye's spine is still in current continuity correct? If so, I give it to him for sure. Besides that, he can definitely aim for the jugular with all those weapons at his disposal.

Bane can definitely tank most or all of Bullseye's projectiles as long as he does not sever a major artery or punctures a vital organ (just look at his infamous Knightfall brawls with Azarael).

However, this is BULLSEYE we are taking about. He probably has the slight edge when it comes to bloodthirst. He will go for the kill quick once he gets a good look at Bane coming at him.

nimstradamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: You are 100% right. Not only that, he has K.O'd DareDevil with a paper airplane and has killed people by flicking a toothpick through a window.

Avatar image for thedarkdaredevil
TheDarkDaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will go with Bullseye

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DigitalShooter9

Bane isn't going down to projectiles alone.... Bullseye might be deadly, but in the end he uses the most basic things around him to kill.... I mean bane has tanked a lot more advanced projectiles than cards or stuff Bullseye throws. I know bullseye doesn't only rely on basic stuff to kill, he also has his own projectiles such as throwing knives and all but, i mean come on...We should obviously know that someone like batman would have the more advanced projectiles(although not designed to kill, but so are cards...). So, I know that batman never kills and this alters his projectile usage a lot... But when bane fought Jean Paul Valley in knightfall, he was tanking those small batarang sharp projectiles shot at him by azrael from something in his gauntlets... And I really think those projectiles would be a lot more painful to tank than anything bullseye would throw at bane. Plus, bane really can stand against projectiles, his fight with JPV shows it all. he is even shown to dodge a couple of batarangs shot by JPV's sharpshooter.... Not to mention JPV isn't as against to killing as Bruce is(although he does spare bane after he beats him)

Here are some scans showing how projectiles aren't enough for bane. Notice how he fights JPV while he gets shot by all of his tiny sharp batarangs from the sharpshooter. He doesn't seem to be devastated at all...

Edit: The images weren't working so I changed the format.....

While JPV might not be as accurate as bullseye, his projectile attacks aren't leagues below him as his projectiles are more technically advanced. Bane is shown to tank and, dodge and even use cover against the projectiles. The scans also show that his durability and pain tolerance especially when he is on venom allows him to tank a lot of projectiles, assuming bullseye isn't as effective as JPV in close quarters, bane can easily crush him as soon as he crushes in. With the op saying that there is a lot of cover around, and bane being a master tactician who can use cover effectively, I have no doubt bane can close in and break bullseye while tanking a majority of his projectiles. The only way I see bullseye winning is if he gets a very very good shot at a lethal point(keep in mind the venom disables most of the sensitivity of some lethal artery points in the body) but that is unlikely assuming that both characters get prior knowledge on each other and bane knowing bulls yes accuracy, he will try to cover the important parts more often. I would give it to bane 8.5/10....

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Ha. Who are you siding with?

I will not tarnish my CaV with you! I still stand by mah boy Bullseye! I'll elaborate when I have the time.

I remember that CaV. Pretty good one too.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Both are very skilled H2H combatants, but in this area I'll go with Bane simply because of his strength, especially if he's on Venom.

However, there is a lot of distance between the two, giving an immidiate advantage to Bullseye, since projectiles are his main choice of offense. While Bane is pretty fast for a guy his size, capable of dodging Batarangs from Batman (who is a skilled marksman himself), but unless Bane suddenly becomes fast than Elektra, DD and Spider-Man, all three people who Bullseye has tagged or at least given trouble, then Bane will fall victim to Lester's marksmanship. However, let's not totally count out the Man Who Broke the Bat, as he is smart and fast enough to avoid having Bulleye instantly killing him by tagging him in the brain with blade, and he's willing to sacrifice another part of his body to avoid instant death. However, that will with no doubt, weaken and slow him down, despite his immense pain tolerance, and those are two traits you do not want to have when dealing with someone as sadistic as Bulleye who will fight dirty and take advantage of any opportunity he gets. Getting in close and using Venom is Bane's best way to take down Lester, but if he attempts to use his "bat-breaker" maneuver, then he will lose, because it has been stated that Lester's spine is made from Adamantium, and Bane will break his knee. So in the end after a bloody brawl, Bulleye's marksmanship and sadistic nature will overcome Bane's strength and toughness.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bane, the only way for Bullseye to beat Bane is by cutting his venom, but before that would happen, he would have his back broken !

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Let's think about Bullseye's name. "Bullseye". Why the eye? Think about. Shoot a bull in the leg or the side, it will just get more enraged, and keep on charging. But shoot it in the eye, and you'd drop it.

Same principle here. Bane, even without Venom, has a huge damage soak, and has tanked bullets before, as well as other large amounts of damage that would have incapacitated, or even killed a normal person. But, the question is, has he ever tanked a bullet, or a knife through the eye? I do not think so. Venom enhances durability and pain resistance, but does not make you invulnerable. A well-placed Sai through the eye would drop Bane like a sack of potatoes, and that is a feat that Bullseye is certainly capable of. Bane's reflexes and agility are not enough and, if Bullseye plays it smart and lets Bane get within, say, 15 feet, and then throws the weapon, Bane will have no time to dodge, losing him this fight.

And therefore, Bullseye wins.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By ShootingNova

I'd give it to Bane. For a couple of reasons in no real particular order:

Pain tolerance: One of Bane's best physical attributes, especially in the human classification of street levelers, is his pain tolerance. The guy's walked through bullet without shrugging, taken stab wounds perfectly fine, and was getting 500+ bricks thrown at him, only for him to get a hand free and bite one of his captives. He's a tank.

Physical stats: Bane should undoubtedly hold Lester in the physical department where it counts. I already talked about his pain tolerance, but one of Bane's other trademarks is his ridiculous strength. Off of venom, he has straight up dismembered people and even ripped stone prison walls out of place by pulling from the bars. On venom, he broke Killer Croc's arm. He severely outclasses Bullseye in strength. Another thing Bane has going for him is the guy is actually pretty agile. He is no Daredevil or Nightwing, but he's used the environment to dodge bullets, and he's also dodged batarangs thrown from Batman. Bruce isn't Lester, but he is incredibly accurate himself. Bane using acrobatics to dodge him is a good feat for such a big man.

Fighting Skill: Bane often gets underestimated to be a brute in both mind and body. A lot of people think he is just roided and just kind of comes in swinging. This is a false notion. Bane is an incredibly skilled fighter. He's embarrassed an accomplished martial artist such as Nightwing on two separate occasions. Under Chuck Dixon's pen, that says a lot. He's also given taken Bruce to the limit when he was off of venom. Bullseye is by no means a pushover in a fight, he's fought Daredevil so many times (is usually soundly defeated) and has given Elektra hell, but I'd say Bane actually has him in skill based on doing a bit better against more skilled opponents.

Mindset: Bane is a very smart, focused, and disciplined opponent. The guy is smart enough to use the environment to his advantage when it calls for it, such as the previously mentioned dodging behind objects (such as trash cans) to dodge bullets, or like when he was on the train fighting Robin and used the darkness of the tunnel to get the jump on the boy wonder. Now Bullseye has used the environment before for things like bankshots, so this isn't entirely just something Bane does. Lester could use it a bit too. The big difference is that Lester has a huge ego and it has gotten in the way. He likes to play and prod quite a bit. That's something he shouldn't do against Bane.

Venom: The venom will just help. It makes him much stronger and increases his pain tolerance. Bullseye does not want him up close and hopped on this stuff.

In Summary: I think the win goes to Bane. The city setting isn't unfamiliar to him. It provides enough cover against Bullseye, and with Lester's personality, I see that coming into effect. Bane will do what he can to close the gap, he has the pain tolerance to keep it moving if struck by an object, and between his superior physicals and skill level, once he's up close, Lester is screwed. Bullseye can get a few wins here, but I'd say everything is generally in Bane's favor for a solid majority.

Nice post. Agreed on just about everything.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thedarkdaredevil
TheDarkDaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus:I don't think so Bullseye is very agile and has good reflex he won't just stand there and watch a 1.5 ton car flying at him what do you think?

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

There have been some really fantastic arguments presented by some of the Vine's best debaters already and for me, the winner is decided in the opening moments of the fight. If Lester can keep away from Bane whilst firing off cards, knives and shruikens at Bane, he could whittle him down and maybe even cut off his Venom supply. That's Bullseye's best chance of winning, exploit Bane's damage soaking tendency to score the necessary damage to take him down.

However, some strong cases demonstrate that Bane has the necessary pain tolerance to shrug off bullets, batarangs and bricks without major damage. Even with Bullseye's accuracy, Bane could soak up what Lester throws at him. Take into consideration Bane's tactical prowess and rather impressive reflexes enabling him to get the drop on Batman and Nightwing and it's entirely possible Bane can avoid some of Bulleseye's attacks by using cover. From there, Bane can get close enough to make this a H2H fight. Even though Bullseye's skill is not to be underestimated, having tangled with Deadpool, Punisher and even Daredevil and Elektra together, he's facing someone who's skilled enough to go toe to toe with a master of 127 martial artist styles and overpower Nightwing whose bio states he's a master of 6 styles under Nightwing writer Chuck Dixon's pen. Not to mention his Venom amped physicals are vastly superior to Bullseye's.

Ultimately, there is a chance that Bane can survive Bullseye's ranged assault thanks to his impressive pain tolerance and underrated reflexes. But once the fight gets into close quarters, there is little chance that Bullseye can take Bane down at all. For those reasons, I shall just give my vote to Bane being the winner of this fight.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@zeroplus:I don't think so Bullseye is very agile and has good reflex he won't just stand there and watch a 1.5 ton car flying at him what do you think?

Same

karimamin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye takes this easily. Bane has too many obvious weaknesses. Plus add with the location, Bane isn't going to catch him. Best he can do is try to toss a car or two for a few seconds before his jugular is sliced.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120  Edited By ComicStooge

I'll take Bane, honestly.

I think a lot of people are forgetting Bullseye is a bit overconfident a lot of the time and often plays with his target.

Factor in Bane's impressive pain tolerance, durability and tactical mind, I see no reason to believe Bane won't seek cover and use stealth (as he did on Tim Drake and he's even stealthily tracked Batman himself) to close the gap and take Lester out.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By jwalser3

Do you even know who that lady was? Obviously not, she has brought Wolverine to a stand still twice and pinned him down ounce. Bullseye has beaten her 3 times IIRC. He's also been able to tag someone with radar sense/ Spider sense before.

He's been able to hold his own against some of Marvel's best h2h characters

Vs

. Both Daredevil and Elektra!

1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,12

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkdaredevil: Maybe, but venom gives Bane peak human speed also , it won't be so easy for Bullseye to cut his venom !

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Lunacyde  Moderator

Bane is more intelligent, vastly stronger and more durable, and a better H2H combatant. If he plays it smart, uses his environment to his advantage, and plays to his strengths he can win.

However i voted for Bullseye because he's just too deadly. The only reason he doesn't kill Daredevil is that Daredevil's abilities are the perfect counter to Bullseye's accuracy. Bane is not fast enough to dodge or block all of Bullseye's projectiles and if Lester hit's the right areas he can take Bane down. It won't happen immediately, but if Bullseye can keep his distance he has this in the bag.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Doomnaut

In the end Bane's knee will find Bullseye's back.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomnaut said:

... and the kneecap will shatter upon impacting the Adamantium laced spine.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomnaut said:

Lester still dies from Banes hand crushing his windpipe in the process ...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye, all he has to do is throw a projectile and sever his venom tubes

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Lunacyde  Moderator

I'm just going to go out on a limb and assume when Bullseye sees this mountain of a man rushing at him he's going ot try his best to stay out of arms reach, especially given his talents.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomnaut said:

Assuming he'd get that close anyways.

Yes, Lester is a jackass that likes toying with his prey, but to bring up Bane's fault, he tends to be a rampaging bull that seems to actually prefer tanking whatever his opponent can throw at him rather than avoid it, and considering the fact that both opponents have no idea what they're dealing with, Bullseye is going to get the first shot in simply due to the nature of his powers. Assuming the first strike by Bullseye is not too debilitating or fatal, Bane would be forced to use cover and cramped spaces to pull Bullseye into his territory, but the more property damage Bane can create by doing so just means more ammunition for Bullseye to use (breaking through a window means broken glass to throw, breaking through a door means loose pieces of metal and wood splinters, etc.)

People should also not mistake pain tolerance for durability, being able to ignore the pain associated with a sliced artery or tendon still means you're going to lose a crapton of blood and possess a flopping useless limb. Bane is only particularly resistant to blunt force trauma, he's still vulnerable to cutting and piercing damage and can still very realistically die from a sharp weapon to his heart or brain.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By DarkDay

@lunacyde said:

Bane is more intelligent, vastly stronger and more durable, and a better H2H combatant. If he plays it smart, uses his environment to his advantage, and plays to his strengths he can win.

However i voted for Bullseye because he's just too deadly. The only reason he doesn't kill Daredevil is that Daredevil's abilities are the perfect counter to Bullseye's accuracy. Bane is not fast enough to dodge or block all of Bullseye's projectiles and if Lester hit's the right areas he can take Bane down. It won't happen immediately, but if Bullseye can keep his distance he has this in the bag.

Agree with this personally.

A lot of people have made some really strong cases for Bane and while I'll be the first to admit that I'm hardly an expert on the character, in my opinion this isn't actually Bane's fight to win so much as it is Bullseye's fight to lose. Don't get me wrong, Bane out classes Bullseye in most categories, he's stronger, smarter, has better pain tolerance and damage soaking feats, and not to mention he's a better fighter. But the problem with all of that is that it is negated in the opening seconds of the fight.

Bullseye starts with a clear view of his target. There is cover, but Bane has to get to that cover and do so against a guy that has shown the accuracy to tag people that make Bane look like a glacier in comparison. Sure Bane has a sharp tactical mind, but this is a random encounter. He knows he's in a fight to the death, but he doesn't start this knowing that he's against one of the most dangerous ranged opponents he's likely ever faced. Even looking at Bullseye at the start of the fight, Bane doesn't instantly know exactly what he's up against or even the immediate danger that he is in. After the first attack he gets the idea no doubt, but after could very well be too late.

The only question becomes Bullseye being in character. In character his ego can potentially get in the way, he might suddenly get struck with a case of cat and mouse play, both of these things are vast openings that could give Bane the win. The keyword there is could though in my opinion. Bane is pretty much better than his opponent in every way, but the nature of the match up means that he only has to make one mistake to die badly.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@lunacyde said:

Agree with this personally.

A lot of people have made some really strong cases for Bane and while I'll be the first to admit that I'm hardly an expert on the character, in my opinion this isn't actually Bane's fight to win so much as it is Bullseye's fight to lose. Don't get me wrong, Bane out classes Bullseye in most categories, he's stronger, smarter, has better pain tolerance and damage soaking feats, and not to mention he's a better fighter. But the problem with all of that is that it is negated in the opening seconds of the fight.

Bullseye starts with a clear view of his target. There is cover, but Bane has to get to that cover and do so against a guy that has shown the accuracy to tag people that make Bane look like a glacier in comparison. Sure Bane has a sharp tactical mind, but this is a random encounter. He knows he's in a fight to the death, but he doesn't start this knowing that he's against one of the most dangerous ranged opponents he's likely ever faced. Even looking at Bullseye at the start of the fight, Bane doesn't instantly know exactly what he's up against or even the immediate danger that he is in. After the first attack he gets the idea no doubt, but after could very well be too late.

The only question becomes Bullseye being in character. In character his ego can potentially get in the way, he might suddenly get struck with a case of cat and mouse play, both of these things are vast openings that could give Bane the win. The keyword there is could though in my opinion. Bane is pretty much better than his opponent in every way, but the nature of the match up means that he only has to make one mistake to die badly.

Well said.

THEMARD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By THEMARD2

@wolverine08: bane took quite a few shuriken from batman some in the neck, most in his body. He could take a lot from bullseye, and beat him in HtH.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While projectiles can wear him down, people seem to underestimate Lester. He has defeated Elektra 3 times, killing her in one fight. He has his ups and downs against Daredevil. He's held his own against the both of them! I don't see how Bane is suppose to stomp in h2h.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb43747b6f33
deactivated-5eb43747b6f33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thing Bullseye has going for him here is that he can hit bane even if he's behind cover...

No Caption Provided

My thing is, Bullseye has shown consistently able to tag some of Marvel's top acrobats. Bane is nowhere near the speed or acrobatic abilities of a Daredevil, Spider-man or Elektra. If Bullseye can tag these guys, he could definitely do much worse against a really big guy. Bane is a smart and tactical thinker but he wouldn't know to expect Bullseye's fighting style. Bane will play to his strengths at first but Bullseye is reckless and bloodthirsty. Let's be fair, Bane is a big target and Bullseye knows where to hit someone to take them down. If he can curve a spider tracer around a corner and nail Spidey in the neck, I think he can take out Bane's venom tubes, hit him in the eyes or sever a vein, especially since he is packing legitimate lethal weapons in this fight. Bane might have every physical advantage but those advantages only matter once he closes in. This battle is really the question; Can Bane close the distance before Bullseye kills him. If yes, Bane wins, if not Bullseye. I think Bullseye has shown enough times that he could take Bane out before he closes in.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsav777 said:

Another thing Bullseye has going for him here is that he can hit bane even if he's behind cover...

No Caption Provided

My thing is, Bullseye has shown consistently able to tag some of Marvel's top acrobats. Bane is nowhere near the speed or acrobatic abilities of a Daredevil, Spider-man or Elektra. If Bullseye can tag these guys, he could definitely do much worse against a really big guy. Bane is a smart and tactical thinker but he wouldn't know to expect Bullseye's fighting style. Bane will play to his strengths at first but Bullseye is reckless and bloodthirsty. Let's be fair, Bane is a big target and Bullseye knows where to hit someone to take them down. If he can curve a spider tracer around a corner and nail Spidey in the neck, I think he can take out Bane's venom tubes, hit him in the eyes or sever a vein, especially since he is packing legitimate lethal weapons in this fight. Bane might have every physical advantage but those advantages only matter once he closes in. This battle is really the question; Can Bane close the distance before Bullseye kills him. If yes, Bane wins, if not Bullseye. I think Bullseye has shown enough times that he could take Bane out before he closes in.

What you don't get is that even if Bane can't dodge all of the projectiles, he can at least tank them... He has tanked much more dangerous projectiles before. You are saying bullseye has tagged DD and Spiderman before, but he never killed them did he? DD's durability is nowhere near banes, so if DD can get tagged by bullseye and still live, so can bane. Because on venom, he can walk through bullets like they are fired from a BB gun.... Bullseye might definitely tag bane, but he cannot kill him as bane will close in and crush his skull in.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

While projectiles can wear him down, people seem to underestimate Lester. He has defeated Elektra 3 times, killing her in one fight. He has his ups and downs against Daredevil. He's held his own against the both of them! I don't see how Bane is suppose to stomp in h2h.

Lester would absolutely get destroyed in h2h against bane. Him giving DD decent fights doesn't mean anything against someone who broke batman like a toothpick( yeah he did set him up but on venom he does give batman really hard times on other instances). Note that bane outclasses bullseye in every category by a high margin except speed. And even that he improves on with venom. Bane also has a superior h2h skill level against bullseye. In close quarters, bullseye really cannot do much.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsav777 said:

No Caption Provided

The thing is that Bane has shown plenty of damage soaking feats soaking up batarangs, bullets and bricks thrown his way without major harm. Bullseye's weaponry might not be able to do that much damage in comparison to what Bane has tanked. What's swayed me to Bane's side is that he can soak up projectiles thrown his way and use cover effectively in the city environment. If Bane gets close enough to Bullseye, Lester won't be able to take a majority for certain. His cockiness and H2H skills won't overpower Bane's sheer physical might on Venom and that's when Bullseye goes down hard. From my perspective, Bane can tank most of what Bullseye can throw at him but Bullseye won't be able to do the same.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @digitalshooter9: Bullseye has never killed people like Spidey or DD because they're riducolously fast and agile. Bane isn't. To say he can tank whatever Bullseye throws at him because Bane has taken bullets or such isn't a fair comparision. How much shots has he taken to the jugular? He will he fair when his venom is cut off. Bane definitely would soak up most normal projectiles, but I haven't heard of him tanking a throwing sai to the jugular vein before, if there are such feats, please feel free to share.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked Bullseye.

There is a reason we have Guns instead of swords and suits of armor these days.

Range Combat > Close Range Combat.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@jsav777 said:

@lvenger: @digitalshooter9: Bullseye has never killed people like Spidey or DD because they're riducolously fast and agile. Bane isn't. To say he can tank whatever Bullseye throws at him because Bane has taken bullets or such isn't a fair comparision. How much shots has he taken to the jugular? He will he fair when his venom is cut off. Bane definitely would soak up most normal projectiles, but I haven't heard of him tanking a throwing sai to the jugular vein before, if there are such feats, please feel free to share.

Refer to my older post to see bane taking specialised batarang projectiles from JPV. I also think Bane can cover up his important parts through the fight, as bullseye will most likely focus on landing a hit rather than landing it on the perfect area, because he only has some time until bane closes in. Also, bane actually is quite agile, he was shown to leap behind a sofa to dodge batarangs fired by JPV at very close range. Definitely not in spidermans level, but he isn't clumsy either. He was also shown to dodge punches thrown by JPV, at one point JPV was so helpless he had to scratch bane with his claws to actually hang with him in h2h.. You say bullseye never killed people such as DD or Spidey because they are agile. But you also said that Bullseye was able to tag them. Assuming that DD does get occasionally tagged by Bullseye and survives, i am pretty sure bane can tank most of his throws, especially if he is on venom.. All bane has to do is pretty much amp up the venom and go rushing at bullseye occasionally taking cover and he should close in just fine to snap bullseye's neck. I also would like to mention that bane(on venom) had some fights with the talons where he was stabbed continuously and he acted like it didn't even tickle him. Tanking those stabs he grabbed both talons and plugged their heads off...... What I am getting at, is that Bane's durability and pain tolerance is definitely at another level....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Lvenger

@jsav777 said:

Bane's dodged and used cover handily in the scans above against Azrael. He's also gotten the drop on Nightwing and this was under Nightwing writer Chuck Dixon no less. To say Bane's agility and reflexes aren't up to the task is to undersell Bane's abilities a fair bit.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@lvenger said:

@jsav777 said:

Bane's dodged and used cover handily in the scans above against Azrael. He's also gotten the drop on Nightwing and this was under Nightwing writer Chuck Dixon no less. To say Bane's agility and reflexes aren't up to the task is to undersell Bane's abilities a fair bit.

Not to mention that Nightwing is about as agile as DD which bullseye can't tag easily....

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Zjun_

If all the fanboys went to hell, Bullseye would be winning the poll right now.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zjun_ said:

Simmer down, brah.

Although I do agree with the sentiment that polls do suffer from being skewed by popularity, but it's the reasoning behind the votes that will matter the most, and I definitely see Bullseye taking it more often than not with what's been presented by posters so far.

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Zjun_

@vmole said:

@zjun_ said:

Simmer down, brah.

Although I do agree with the sentiment that polls do suffer from being skewed by popularity, but it's the reasoning behind the votes that will matter the most, and I definitely see Bullseye taking it more often than not with what's been presented by posters so far.

I know..

It's true what you said. But Bane has been portrayed in a movie. Bullseye has more skill, speed and is a much better marksman. Why can't people differentiate.. But no. Fanboys will always exist and in this thread it's getting to me.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lester would absolutely get destroyed in h2h against bane. Him giving DD decent fights doesn't mean anything against someone who broke batman like a toothpick( yeah he did set him up but on venom he does give batman really hard times on other instances). Note that bane outclasses bullseye in every category by a high margin except speed. And even that he improves on with venom. Bane also has a superior h2h skill level against bullseye. In close quarters, bullseye really cannot do much.

You do know Lester has bested Daredevil at least 3 times IIRC. And if I'm not mistaken he has beaten Elektra 3 times. While Bane does have speed and durability I think it's debatable if Bane is better at h2h. Both fighters give their universes best martial artist trouble.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9 said:

I also think Bane can cover up his important parts through the fight, as bullseye will most likely focus on landing a hit rather than landing it on the perfect area, because he only has some time until bane closes in. Also, bane actually is quite agile, he was shown to leap behind a sofa to dodge batarangs fired by JPV at very close range. Definitely not in spidermans level, but he isn't clumsy either. He was also shown to dodge punches thrown by JPV, at one point JPV was so helpless he had to scratch bane with his claws to actually hang with him in h2h.. You say bullseye never killed people such as DD or Spidey because they are agile. But you also said that Bullseye was able to tag them. Assuming that DD does get occasionally tagged by Bullseye and survives, i am pretty sure bane can tank most of his throws, especially if he is on venom.. All bane has to do is pretty much amp up the venom and go rushing at bullseye occasionally taking cover and he should close in just fine to snap bullseye's neck. I also would like to mention that bane(on venom) had some fights with the talons where he was stabbed continuously and he acted like it didn't even tickle him. Tanking those stabs he grabbed both talons and plugged their heads off...... What I am getting at, is that Bane's durability and pain tolerance is definitely at another level....

1). that assumption is sort of biased don't ya think? Bullseyes weapon load-out is serious killing weapons (sais, knives, cards, etc) here and he doesn't usually toy around with a target unless he has some sort of personal history with them. Some, for all intents and purposes, big bulky guy would be easy to find vital points on. I don't see why he wouldn't go for the kill on someone when he has no reason not to.

Here's him headshoting several people, not messing around... And him ricocheting an arrow to hit Deadpool in the head.

2). My point here is that Bullseye could not kill these people because they're agile enough to avoid a lethal hit. If they weren't as fast/agile, like Bane is, they would be hit in a critical point.

3). Don't you think if Bane starts tanking damage Bullseye would realize that the big glowing green tubes hooked up to him might me the source? Also Bullseye doesn't just stand still while throwing things, he'll try to avoid H2H as long as posible. He has the agility to do so as he's dodged Elektra, Deadpool, Spiderman, DD, Gambit...So back to my previous question, can Bane shrug off a lethal blow at a critical point or a balded weapon to the eyes? Because like it or not, Bullseye will aim to kill Bane and Bane will be taking hits so if no one can provide proof otherwise, I'll stick with Bullseye.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say this was a pretty great battle of the month. Great arguments without generalizations or fanboyism tend to come out of battles like these where the two contestants are not very popular.