• 102 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio

"A 'Batman Battle of the Month' without Bruce Wayne? What kind of madness is this I see on my computer screen?"

Every other month, the Dark Knight will get some much needed R&R in this segment. While he's catching some sleep or finally getting around to a movie he's been waiting to watch, another character from the Batman universe -- be it ally or enemy -- will step up to the plate in this segment and square off against a non-DC character in a random encounter. This month, we thought we'd kick the rotation off with something really special: future Batman vs. alternate universe Spider-Man. Who are you siding with and why, Viners? Read all of the rules below (seriously, it takes less than a minute) and then feel free to cast your vote or post an argument.

Match Rules

  • Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
  • All characters have standard gear.
  • Terry doesn't have anyone in his ear to give advice nor can he call upon vehicles (it's not future Gotham, after all).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

  • My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

If you have a moment, please vote in this poll and speak your mind. I'm always looking to keep this segment fun and I have plenty of ideas for it that I'd like to propose over time. Your input is greatly appreciated. Seriously, I mean that.

Also, feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

#1 Posted by jstndmnd (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bat suit grants Terry the following abilities:

  • Increases the wearer's strength by a factor of 10.
  • Increased agility, speed and reflexes.
  • Night vision/infrared vision.
  • Personal communicator which allows Terry to keep in contact with Bruce in the Batcave.
  • Built in rebreather for under-water combat and exploration.
  • Enhanced ballistic protection
  • Dispensable Batarangs with a range of auxiliary functions. These include explosive batarangs, electro shock batarangs, and energy net batarangs. However, there is a limit to the amount of Batarangs the Batsuit can dispense; Batman has run out on at least one occasion. Also, the Batsuit has discs that can be fired from the tops of the hands.
  • Electrical discharge throughout the suit that can be activated by pushing a button on the suits belt. The discharge is enough to stun and hurt Big Barda incapacitating her for a few moments.
  • Grappling guns built into the forearms.
  • Flash grenades.
  • Smoke pellets.
  • Flexicuffs.
  • Launchable tracers and scanners.
  • A retractable password decipher in a key form on the right index finger.
  • Retractable wings under the arms to glide on.
  • The wings can dispense tear gas.
  • Rocket boots for flying.
  • Touch microphone in index and middle finger which allows Terry to listen in to other rooms through solid walls.
  • Drug identifier, utilized by dipping his finger's into the substance.
  • Built-in holographic and cloaking device that enables almost complete camouflage (this function possibly consumes a good deal of the Batsuit's power, as Batman minimizes its usage). It allows camouflage extending into the visible light and infrared frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum. A countermeasure used by Commissioner Barbara Gordon to this in one incident where she was hunting Batman down was through tracking him using an ultraviolet light to illuminate him. The reason the invisibility plastic failed in the B:TAS episode was that sending electrical current through the material caused it to become toxic, affecting the mind as well as the body. Regardless, the original Batman may have saved samples of the plastic and/or the research notes and resolved the toxicity issues, incorporating them into the new Batsuit.
  • Retractable claws which can be used to fight enemies or cling to surfaces.
  • Retractable blades on the forearm that were capable of cutting through some robots.
  • Can link up to his Batmobile by remote.
  • Built in buzz saw on the belt buckle.
  • Electoshock that can be activated by touch to defend against enemies like Inque or protect Terry when he's knocked out. The maximum output is enough to stun Big Barda for a time.
  • Bat Bombs: Terry uses this to destroy ground, wall, etc. This is contained in the middle of his utility belt.
  • Bat cable is contained in Terry's right forearm. He can shoot this out when his wings or boots are damaged.
  • Terry mentioned the suit has sonics powerful enough to crack copper off hostages encased in the metal, but he did not use them.
  • The suit is able to pick up a person's vitals and heartbeat.
  • Terry is able to heat up the suit to 4000 degrees. Terry used this on Micron who stepped on him, and when Aquagirl trapped him in ice.
  • Various capsules. He's used rusting agent capsules to eat away metal and special dehumidifier capsules against Inque.
  • At the end of each fingertip, Terry has small taser wires that he can launch out and were said to defeat Killer Croc.
#2 Edited by AlKusanagi (652 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry is a combination of both Batman AND Spider-Man. Poor Miles doesn't stand a chance.

#3 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry ftw

#4 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw I think I've found the perfect battle article of the week for you ;)

#5 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4833 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry wins this. He trumps Miles in almost every category, plus he has the edge in experience. Good fight though.

#6 Posted by Omnicrono (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry wins this. He trumps Miles in almost every category, plus he has the edge in experience. Good fight though.

#7 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool fight! What I would love to see in the future would be Iron Man vs. Young Bruce in the beyond suit.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry has Miles beat when it comes to experience. But all Miles would need to do is hit him once with a Venom Sting and the fight would be over.

#9 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry wins this. He trumps Miles in almost every category, plus he has the edge in experience. Good fight though.

Miles has beaten many more experienced people and I think he has the stats to pull off a win. Heck, didn't he even beat Peter? Miles has come a long way. And Terry has been jobbed pretty often by guys like Mad Stan.

#10 Posted by SovereignDivinity (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles for the win.

#11 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (426 posts) - - Show Bio

Easy, this goes to Terry. I know Miles has fought some tough opponents and went up against great odds, but so has Terry. There are things that set each apart, but there are things they have in common as well. They're both part of a legacy that they both try to live up to. Terry may not have access to Bruce via his communicator (for the sake of this battle), but he has had his mentoring and training. There is also the advanced technology (and the fact that they both can appear invisible to each other), and Terry can work around Miles powers for the most part (he could probably use some other means of detection when Miles is invisible) and I do wonder if his suit is thick enough or can block out the venom touch/sting. Terry has worked with impaired senses, and Miles hasn't worked under as much duress as Terry has. He's had odds against him, but never been in a situation where he was impaired.

Now Miles has gradually been getting better, but since we're probably working with the most up to date version, he also was on hiatus for a good while and should be a bit rusty. He also lacks experience. For the most part, I think a lot of his wins were due to surprising his opponents since he is so new and little is known of him (villains quite often are unaware of his venom touch/sting). Miles mostly just has his spider-sense, invisibility, venom touch/sting and webshooters. He also has enhanced reflexes, strength, speed and agility.

Overall, Terry really has this. He's fought people above his pay grade many times, and has more experience as well as the technology to really compensate for the lack of powers.

#12 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (426 posts) - - Show Bio

@jstndmnd: He doesn't have any voices in his head, he's not in future Gotham. It's in the article, so he's not in contact with Bruce.

#13 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

I would back Terry for reasons stated above. But I'm thinking Terry may pull his punches due to Miles age. It may remind him of his kid brother, thus costing him the win. Terry is the better fighter here, and that is no question. His stats should be nearly equal due to the suit he dons. Or ateast his stregth and durabilty. I still believe Miles would remain the most agile and quick. Beacause of this being in character I see Terry holding back, Miles won't and that is what would give Morales the win.

#14 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23006 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know nothing about either, so research will be fun.

#15 Edited by Black_Arrow (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

With these rules I can not see how Miles wins.

#16 Edited by munkieKONG (146 posts) - - Show Bio

i know so little about any "non-main universe" characters that i'm not even going to cast a vote… but that tech list for b-man is …. formidable. The increased strength, agility, speed, reflexes, and "senses" pretty much negates every "natural" advantage that s-man has… and then there's all that other business. I'm not sure what this venom sting thing is and his apparent invisibility is negated so… hopefully that venom sting is pretty good.

#17 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@jstndmnd said:

The Bat suit grants Terry the following abilities:

  • Increases the wearer's strength by a factor of 10.
  • Increased agility, speed and reflexes.
  • Night vision/infrared vision.
  • Personal communicator which allows Terry to keep in contact with Bruce in the Batcave.
  • Built in rebreather for under-water combat and exploration.
  • Enhanced ballistic protection
  • Dispensable Batarangs with a range of auxiliary functions. These include explosive batarangs, electro shock batarangs, and energy net batarangs. However, there is a limit to the amount of Batarangs the Batsuit can dispense; Batman has run out on at least one occasion. Also, the Batsuit has discs that can be fired from the tops of the hands.
  • Electrical discharge throughout the suit that can be activated by pushing a button on the suits belt. The discharge is enough to stun and hurt Big Barda incapacitating her for a few moments.
  • Grappling guns built into the forearms.
  • Flash grenades.
  • Smoke pellets.
  • Flexicuffs.
  • Launchable tracers and scanners.
  • A retractable password decipher in a key form on the right index finger.
  • Retractable wings under the arms to glide on.
  • The wings can dispense tear gas.
  • Rocket boots for flying.
  • Touch microphone in index and middle finger which allows Terry to listen in to other rooms through solid walls.
  • Drug identifier, utilized by dipping his finger's into the substance.
  • Built-in holographic and cloaking device that enables almost complete camouflage (this function possibly consumes a good deal of the Batsuit's power, as Batman minimizes its usage). It allows camouflage extending into the visible light and infrared frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum. A countermeasure used by Commissioner Barbara Gordon to this in one incident where she was hunting Batman down was through tracking him using an ultraviolet light to illuminate him. The reason the invisibility plastic failed in the B:TAS episode was that sending electrical current through the material caused it to become toxic, affecting the mind as well as the body. Regardless, the original Batman may have saved samples of the plastic and/or the research notes and resolved the toxicity issues, incorporating them into the new Batsuit.
  • Retractable claws which can be used to fight enemies or cling to surfaces.
  • Retractable blades on the forearm that were capable of cutting through some robots.
  • Can link up to his Batmobile by remote.
  • Built in buzz saw on the belt buckle.
  • Electoshock that can be activated by touch to defend against enemies like Inque or protect Terry when he's knocked out. The maximum output is enough to stun Big Barda for a time.
  • Bat Bombs: Terry uses this to destroy ground, wall, etc. This is contained in the middle of his utility belt.
  • Bat cable is contained in Terry's right forearm. He can shoot this out when his wings or boots are damaged.
  • Terry mentioned the suit has sonics powerful enough to crack copper off hostages encased in the metal, but he did not use them.
  • The suit is able to pick up a person's vitals and heartbeat.
  • Terry is able to heat up the suit to 4000 degrees. Terry used this on Micron who stepped on him, and when Aquagirl trapped him in ice.
  • Various capsules. He's used rusting agent capsules to eat away metal and special dehumidifier capsules against Inque.
  • At the end of each fingertip, Terry has small taser wires that he can launch out and were said to defeat Killer Croc.

Terry loses to a touch.

#18 Edited by Black_Arrow (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jstndmnd said:

The Bat suit grants Terry the following abilities:

  • Increases the wearer's strength by a factor of 10.
  • Increased agility, speed and reflexes.
  • Night vision/infrared vision.
  • Personal communicator which allows Terry to keep in contact with Bruce in the Batcave.
  • Built in rebreather for under-water combat and exploration.
  • Enhanced ballistic protection
  • Dispensable Batarangs with a range of auxiliary functions. These include explosive batarangs, electro shock batarangs, and energy net batarangs. However, there is a limit to the amount of Batarangs the Batsuit can dispense; Batman has run out on at least one occasion. Also, the Batsuit has discs that can be fired from the tops of the hands.
  • Electrical discharge throughout the suit that can be activated by pushing a button on the suits belt. The discharge is enough to stun and hurt Big Barda incapacitating her for a few moments.
  • Grappling guns built into the forearms.
  • Flash grenades.
  • Smoke pellets.
  • Flexicuffs.
  • Launchable tracers and scanners.
  • A retractable password decipher in a key form on the right index finger.
  • Retractable wings under the arms to glide on.
  • The wings can dispense tear gas.
  • Rocket boots for flying.
  • Touch microphone in index and middle finger which allows Terry to listen in to other rooms through solid walls.
  • Drug identifier, utilized by dipping his finger's into the substance.
  • Built-in holographic and cloaking device that enables almost complete camouflage (this function possibly consumes a good deal of the Batsuit's power, as Batman minimizes its usage). It allows camouflage extending into the visible light and infrared frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum. A countermeasure used by Commissioner Barbara Gordon to this in one incident where she was hunting Batman down was through tracking him using an ultraviolet light to illuminate him. The reason the invisibility plastic failed in the B:TAS episode was that sending electrical current through the material caused it to become toxic, affecting the mind as well as the body. Regardless, the original Batman may have saved samples of the plastic and/or the research notes and resolved the toxicity issues, incorporating them into the new Batsuit.
  • Retractable claws which can be used to fight enemies or cling to surfaces.
  • Retractable blades on the forearm that were capable of cutting through some robots.
  • Can link up to his Batmobile by remote.
  • Built in buzz saw on the belt buckle.
  • Electoshock that can be activated by touch to defend against enemies like Inque or protect Terry when he's knocked out. The maximum output is enough to stun Big Barda for a time.
  • Bat Bombs: Terry uses this to destroy ground, wall, etc. This is contained in the middle of his utility belt.
  • Bat cable is contained in Terry's right forearm. He can shoot this out when his wings or boots are damaged.
  • Terry mentioned the suit has sonics powerful enough to crack copper off hostages encased in the metal, but he did not use them.
  • The suit is able to pick up a person's vitals and heartbeat.
  • Terry is able to heat up the suit to 4000 degrees. Terry used this on Micron who stepped on him, and when Aquagirl trapped him in ice.
  • Various capsules. He's used rusting agent capsules to eat away metal and special dehumidifier capsules against Inque.
  • At the end of each fingertip, Terry has small taser wires that he can launch out and were said to defeat Killer Croc.

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

#19 Edited by bladewolf (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea, but sadly I don't know enough about Miles to adequately comment or vote. Still, great concept!

#20 Edited by kriminal (659 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea, but sadly I don't know enough about Miles to adequately comment or vote. Still, great concept!

exactly this. never read beyond either

#21 Posted by Airmansmith21 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

i have to go with miles

#22 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@jstndmnd said:

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

What does Morals have to do with it? This is proof why voting is so broken. The Venom sting does not kill. He uses all the time on every foe he has faced. *Sigh*

#23 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea, but sadly I don't know enough about Miles to adequately comment or vote. Still, great concept!

Here ya go. no excuse now.

Click Below!

Miles is a 13 year old kid whose Uncle was the world famous thief known as the Prowler. Stealing from Oscorp one day, the Prowler took with him one of the Genetic Spiders like the one that bit Peter. Miles visiting his uncle later that day was bit by this Spider and given all the powers of Peter and 2 new ones. After Peter's death, Miles decides he could have help Parker if he was not afraid using his own powers, with that in mind he started to fight crime as any awkward 13 year old could with powers. Nick Fury and spider woman pick him up shortly and decide to train him right so what happen to Peter did not repeat itself. Thus a new Spider Man was born

Strength

While at the moment Miles does not have the same strength feats as Peter he does have couple of ton strength.

1-2) KOes Giant woman with a punch to the face.

3) Lifts a heavy frame Cop Car over his head with ease.

Speed and Agility

Miles is Proven as Agile and as Peter as well.

1) Miles moving to fast to be hit by multiple trained Hydra, Hydra who are professionally train by Nick Fury himself.

2) Miles dodges the very highly train SHIELD, and you can see moves as fast as the bullets are traveling.

3) Moves faster than the accurate Targeting Computers and fire power of these Warmachine Suits.

Durability

Miles Durability as a 13 year old is nothing short of incredible.

1) Miles takes kicks from Batroc who can crush Concrete Roads with his leg power.

2-3) Miles takes a vicious slam from Giant woman that only stuns him. Giant Woman has shown to lify easy 60+ tons, so winding her hand back and slamming Miles with all her strength is a major feat.

4-5) Miles tanks a large Explosion at point blank range.

6) Miles tanks another Large Explosion in his face.

7) Scorpion has Super Human Strength and Durability. As seen he can crush super hard concrete floors with his fist and leave craters. He punches Miles in the face and it just causes Miles to see stars for a second.

Webbing

Miles like Peter does not skimp of the Web Spam.

Miles web spamming SHIELD troops while dodging bullets.

Spider Sense

Just like Peter, Miles has a Spider Sense to warn of general danger.

1-2) Warns him of the Cops ready to shoot.

3-4) This is to show it even works on other Spider man powered people, like Spider Woman who is a near exact clone of Peter.

Invisibility

This Spider man has a new power in Stealth. A useful ability he uses in Combat.

1) Goes Invisible on Cops.

2-3) Goes Invisible on 616 Peter, then uses it for a sneak attack.

4) Uses it on Prowler to get some space and counter attack.

Venom Sting

This is the best power a Spider Man character can ask for. Works by utilizing a undentified energy generated by Miles body that causes immense pain. It has KOed super Human durable beings with a touch. however it also has a second delay reaction at times. This Venom Sting works on anything whether Organic or Non Organic.

1) Blows up a plastic Lego set.

2) Conductive through Peter's electric proof webbing. This larger Venom Sting also KOed 616 Peter for hours.

3) KOes the Super Durable Mutant Omega Red.

4) Destroys the Mech Suit Rhino.

5) KOes the Super Durable and High Pain Tolerance Scorpion through his boot.

6-7) One shots Venom.

Battles

Miles very first battle against Electro. Who in this battle was spanking the Ultimates.

His second battle is with Omega Red. Same mutant who gave a season Peter a hard time every time.

Beats the Ringer while learning his own limits still.

This is the battle of Prowler and Scorpion, just to show how skilled Prowler is and how Super Human Scorpion is. After this battle Prowler decides to enlist Miles help. He then gets in a scuffle with Miles to test his nephew out. Miles stats were way too much.

Miles fights the Super Human Scorpion and his little King Pin empire. Once he realize the Durability, Venom Sting.

Here Miles proves that he will do what it takes to put someone down, even his Uncle the Prowler who is the greatest Thief in America and proven quite the skilled fighter with the Tinkerers best toys.

The whole fight of the Mainstream peter vs Miles. In this both are holding back, however it is a great showing of Miels advantage of his added powers in both Invisibility and Venom sting that allow Miles to beat the way more skilled Mainstream Spider Man.

Miles and the mainstream Peter team up against Mysterio who turns out to be mechanical suits operated by the Mainstream Mysterio the whole time.

Miles second encounter with Mysterio. Mysterio was pulled into the Ultimate universe and it was Miles who proceed to beat the snot out of him while everyone else was suffering from illusions.

After this the Divided We Fall and United We Stand event happens.

Miles vs Batroc, a being with legit Super Strength and Agility.

Miles comes across a battle between Cap and Rhino. He intervenes and quickly ends the battle.

Miles battles for his life when Hydra sneak attacks the Ultimates home base. Proving himself capable to Cap he becomes part of the Ultimate Team.

Miles is part of the massive final battle of SHIELD and the Ultimate vs Modi and Hydra. Miles saves Captain America by destroying a group of Warmachines, but gets knocked far away from the main battle. Trying to make his way back, he comes across a Giant Woman who is loyal to Hydra. Already tired and fatigue, he battles the SHIELD train traitor and comes out on top.

Miles faces one of Peters greatest foes, Venom.

#24 Edited by Black_Arrow (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@jstndmnd said:

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

What does Morals have to do with it? This is proof why voting is so broken. The Venom sting does not kill. He uses all the time on every foe he has faced. *Sigh*

You forget what happen with miles uncle. His suit was technology and because of that explode with the Venom sting, killing his uncle, now Miles knows this and he isnt going to use with people that have technology again. Why do you think Miles asked what Rhino was before doing the venom sting? Terry suit is all electronic like the one of his uncle if Miles does to him the venom sting, Terry will die.

#25 Posted by GrandHarrier (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles' "Venom Sting" sounds like one hell of a Mary Sue power.

"I touch you I win." How does every fight not end with him just touching them and winning instantly?

#26 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@jstndmnd said:

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

What does Morals have to do with it? This is proof why voting is so broken. The Venom sting does not kill. He uses all the time on every foe he has faced. *Sigh*

You forget what happen with miles uncle. His suit was technology and because of that explode with the Venom sting, killing his uncle, now Miles knows this and he isnt going to use with people that have technology again. Why do you think Miles asked what Rhino was before doing the venom sting? Terry suit is all electronic like the one of his uncle if Miles does to him the venom sting, Terry will die.

No, he used it since then to non-lethal effect, so.... Maybe you should read the book again.

#27 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@jstndmnd said:

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

What does Morals have to do with it? This is proof why voting is so broken. The Venom sting does not kill. He uses all the time on every foe he has faced. *Sigh*

You forget what happen with miles uncle. His suit was technology and because of that explode with the Venom sting, killing his uncle, now Miles knows this and he isnt going to use with people that have technology again. Why do you think Miles asked what Rhino was before doing the venom sting? Terry suit is all electronic like the one of his uncle if Miles does to him the venom sting, Terry will die.

Yet he used it on Rhino! who was a man in a giant machine!

Hypocritical now?

#28 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles' "Venom Sting" sounds like one hell of a Mary Sue power.

"I touch you I win." How does every fight not end with him just touching them and winning instantly?

Miles has not really ever lost a fight with Venom Sting. He ends 90% fights with the magic touch.

#29 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry's recent run by Higgins shows of his natural abilities. He's been trained by nightwing and is capable (without the suit) of doing acrobatics at a very high level. So now he's enhanced 'enhanced' =D

#30 Edited by Black_Arrow (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@jstndmnd said:

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

What does Morals have to do with it? This is proof why voting is so broken. The Venom sting does not kill. He uses all the time on every foe he has faced. *Sigh*

You forget what happen with miles uncle. His suit was technology and because of that explode with the Venom sting, killing his uncle, now Miles knows this and he isnt going to use with people that have technology again. Why do you think Miles asked what Rhino was before doing the venom sting? Terry suit is all electronic like the one of his uncle if Miles does to him the venom sting, Terry will die.

Yet he used it on Rhino! who was a man in a giant machine!

Hypocritical now?

it is not the same because Rhino is more a machine than a man, also you are saying that a 13 year old would go killing every villain he encounters?

#31 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@jstndmnd said:

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

What does Morals have to do with it? This is proof why voting is so broken. The Venom sting does not kill. He uses all the time on every foe he has faced. *Sigh*

You forget what happen with miles uncle. His suit was technology and because of that explode with the Venom sting, killing his uncle, now Miles knows this and he isnt going to use with people that have technology again. Why do you think Miles asked what Rhino was before doing the venom sting? Terry suit is all electronic like the one of his uncle if Miles does to him the venom sting, Terry will die.

Yet he used it on Rhino! who was a man in a giant machine!

Hypocritical now?

it is not the same, also you are saying that a 13 year old would go killing every villain he encounters?

How is he killing!?

1) Miles does not know if Batman Beyond is super power or tech. So why is he holding back?

2) Miles still used his Venom Sting on Humans in Machines like Rhino.

3) Miles would use the Venom Sting again on his Uncle who was killing innocent people! He made his choice.

Your basing your whole argument on Miles not using the Venom Sting? Alright, what answer does Terry have against Spider Speed, Strength, Durability, Spider Sense, the catch Terry of guard Invisibility, and Webbing Incapacitation?

He has such a uphill battle even without the Venom Sting!

#33 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9820 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey FTW

#34 Posted by D_Knight (66 posts) - - Show Bio

great match up!

#35 Posted by AlKusanagi (652 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: You do realize that the Bat suit has every single one of those abilities you just listed for Miles too?

The two are pretty even when it comes to their capabilities, which means it will come down to training and experience, and Terry has that.

#36 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see more sidekick battles like Roy Harper vs Kate bishop or tim drake vs falcon but I'd give miles the edge here

#37 Posted by Black_Arrow (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:
@indiecomicsftw said:

@jstndmnd said:

Terry loses to a touch.

nope because he has his morals on.

What does Morals have to do with it? This is proof why voting is so broken. The Venom sting does not kill. He uses all the time on every foe he has faced. *Sigh*

You forget what happen with miles uncle. His suit was technology and because of that explode with the Venom sting, killing his uncle, now Miles knows this and he isnt going to use with people that have technology again. Why do you think Miles asked what Rhino was before doing the venom sting? Terry suit is all electronic like the one of his uncle if Miles does to him the venom sting, Terry will die.

Yet he used it on Rhino! who was a man in a giant machine!

Hypocritical now?

it is not the same, also you are saying that a 13 year old would go killing every villain he encounters?

How is he killing!?

1) Miles does not know if Batman Beyond is super power or tech. So why is he holding back?

2) Miles still used his Venom Sting on Humans in Machines like Rhino.

3) Miles would use the Venom Sting again on his Uncle who was killing innocent people! He made his choice.

Your basing your whole argument on Miles not using the Venom Sting? Alright, what answer does Terry have against Spider Speed, Strength, Durability, Spider Sense, the catch Terry of guard Invisibility, and Webbing Incapacitation?

He has such a uphill battle even without the Venom Sting!

Have you read the comic or just saw those images. Miles didnt want to kill his uncle he says right in the other issue.

Also Terry has almost everything that you said plus fly, plus tons of gadgets and more skill.

#38 Posted by FoxCircuit101 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Both characters know how to rock black and red. Though Terry is a trained martial-artist and detective his suit is electronic. Miles one hit Venom Sting is every villain he has defeated every opponent he's come up aginst. Added that Miles has camouflage he can easily sneak up and finish the fight. LastlyBatman can't predict Spidey, he always improvises to defeat foes. So when you combine a character thathas a one hit win, camouflage and unpredictable fighting style a trained, discipline fighter doesn't stand a chance. Power suit or no power suit.

#39 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@alkusanagi said:

@indiecomicsftw: You do realize that the Bat suit has every single one of those abilities you just listed for Miles too?

The two are pretty even when it comes to their capabilities, which means it will come down to training and experience, and Terry has that.

Um no. Terry is by far slower in reaction and has no spider sense, Webbing, or a non stoppable Venom Sting. Good try to make it sound good though.

Also Skill means what to a kid with Superior Stats and training from Spider Woman of SHIELD? Miles is not some random kid of the street. His stats beaten the very skilled Prowler who had mad skill and tech. Miles beat him easy. Miles even end up taking out 616 Peter in a fight due to his power set and stats!

Also if Terry is so skilled, why does Bruce have to Constantly help him with advice.

Check Mate.

#40 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you read the comic or just saw those images. Miles didnt want to kill his uncle he says right in the other issue.

Also Terry has almost everything that you said plus fly, plus tons of gadgets and more skill.

I happen to own every issue and read them a few times. Unlike you. You have no case here and just assume Miles will not use his Venom sting when Miles has on Rhino who is a Man in a suit!

You got nothing here for a argument.

#41 Posted by AlKusanagi (652 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bat suit has camo too and visual enhancements and motion sensors that let him detect opponents that are cloaked as well. That won't be a factor.

#42 Posted by AlKusanagi (652 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: The suit provides greatly enhanced reaction speed, motion sensors, launches netting, and has a built in taser system that can take down beings like Barda. It is virtually a 1 for 1 match for Miles. At best they KO each other my mutual sting/shock.

#43 Edited by ravisher (695 posts) - - Show Bio

i would say terry if it wasnt for miles venom blast

venom blast is op

#44 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I first thought that Terry would win, but based on reaction feats and Miles battle with Spider-man, I might give it to Miles.

#45 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@alkusanagi said:

@indiecomicsftw: The suit provides greatly enhanced reaction speed, motion sensors, launches netting, and has a built in taser system that can take down beings like Barda. It is virtually a 1 for 1 match for Miles. At best they KO each other my mutual sting/shock.

That would be funny to see. 1 second fight of both touching each other. I think Miles has a better chance of getting back up from Electricity.

Venom Sting works on Electro!

#46 Posted by Black_Arrow (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

Have you read the comic or just saw those images. Miles didnt want to kill his uncle he says right in the other issue.

Also Terry has almost everything that you said plus fly, plus tons of gadgets and more skill.

I happen to own every issue and read them a few times. Unlike you. You have no case here and just assume Miles will not use his Venom sting when Miles has on Rhino who is a Man in a suit!

You got nothing here for a argument.

I am not making an argument about Terry vs Miles, I just told you that Miles doesnt go around killing people. He didnt kill Omega red, Scorpion(he knew, that he was a killer), Batroc,the Hydramen, Taskmaster and Roxxon, the guy who made his life a living hell and insulted her mother. When he kill his uncle, he cried because he didnt want it to do it (in issue 13) and you said this "Miles would use the Venom Sting again on his Uncle who was killing innocent people! He made his choice." Like he wanted to murder him.

#47 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:

Have you read the comic or just saw those images. Miles didnt want to kill his uncle he says right in the other issue.

Also Terry has almost everything that you said plus fly, plus tons of gadgets and more skill.

I happen to own every issue and read them a few times. Unlike you. You have no case here and just assume Miles will not use his Venom sting when Miles has on Rhino who is a Man in a suit!

You got nothing here for a argument.

I am not making an argument about Terry vs Miles, I just told you that Miles doesnt go around killing people. He didnt kill Omega red, Scorpion(he knew, that he was a killer), Batroc,the Hydramen, Taskmaster and Roxxon, the guy who made his life a living hell and insulted her mother. When he kill his uncle, he cried because he didnt want it to do it (in issue 13) and you said this "Miles would use the Venom Sting again on his Uncle who was killing innocent people! He made his choice." Like he wanted to murder him.

He did not wanted to murder him, he wanted to stop him. Do you know a difference? Murder is Intentional. What Miles did was Man Slaughter which is Unintentional.

Difference guy.

#48 Edited by Black_Arrow (3974 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@black_arrow said:

Have you read the comic or just saw those images. Miles didnt want to kill his uncle he says right in the other issue.

Also Terry has almost everything that you said plus fly, plus tons of gadgets and more skill.

I happen to own every issue and read them a few times. Unlike you. You have no case here and just assume Miles will not use his Venom sting when Miles has on Rhino who is a Man in a suit!

You got nothing here for a argument.

I am not making an argument about Terry vs Miles, I just told you that Miles doesnt go around killing people. He didnt kill Omega red, Scorpion(he knew, that he was a killer), Batroc,the Hydramen, Taskmaster and Roxxon, the guy who made his life a living hell and insulted her mother. When he kill his uncle, he cried because he didnt want it to do it (in issue 13) and you said this "Miles would use the Venom Sting again on his Uncle who was killing innocent people! He made his choice." Like he wanted to murder him.

He did not wanted to murder him, he wanted to stop him. Do you know a difference? Murder is Intentional. What Miles did was Man Slaughter which is Unintentional.

Difference guy.

So you agree with me?, now i dont understand anything. I told you that he didnt wanted to kill him just beat him like he did with omega red.

#49 Posted by BumBurger (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles all day venom sting and spider sense and has beaten many foes that also had fancy suits terry is no different, plus terry may underestimate miles because of his stature. Which would be a big mistake

#50 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: ..... I thought your argument is he would not ever use his Venom Sting?