Batman Battle of the Month: Batwoman vs. Moon Knight

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Moon Knight Month is nearing its end and it's time for Marvel's anti-hero to duke it out with his final opponent! He's bested Green Arrow and Ra's al Ghul, but Black Canary was able to keep him down for the count. Now we want you to think about how he'll perform against Kate Kane!

Both characters are covered in impressive armor, armed with cool gear, and most definitely know how to beat up their enemies, but what happens when these two come face-to-face? Which badass hero will emerge as the winner and which one will be left on the floor and in a world of hurt? Well, you can help determine that verdict!

No Caption Provided

You have until Friday morning (ET) to research, leap into the debate and cast your vote. This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Give it some proper thought and then go vote for a winner! Or, maybe you think this one has the potential go either way and should be declared as too close to call? Think it through and then let us know your thoughts on this match, Viners!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Both characters have their current gear. No vehicles, obviously.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
No Caption Provided

Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Want to continue celebrating Moon Knight? We've posted his Best Covers, Best Battles, and his Must Read Stories. Last but most definitely not least, don't forget to vote for our next Character of the Month!!!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

She ties him to a tree ftw.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I don't know much about either character, but they both look cool. How does Batwoman match up to Batman in skill and feats?

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bat woman has no chance. sorry. what matters the most is pain tolerance which moon knight has big time, even surpassing punisher's pain tolerance.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#4  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

MK got this one

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: because he has more experience and more pain tolerance that batwoman.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By patrat18
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

singing to the wonder woman theme "batWOMAAAAAAAAAN"

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize moon knight was the only non powered superhero

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Heh. I might actually try this week.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I never really liked Batwoman (because do we really need another Bat-person?) so I'm going with Moon Knight

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Two of my most favorite characters! Moon Knight has this one though, sorry Batwoman, we're still cool right?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Spideysense44

Moon Knight

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: moon knight wins, but do you know bat woman has pain tolerance too? don't get me wrong bro, moon knight wins big time.

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By D3MON

I don't know much about either character, but they both look cool. How does Batwoman match up to Batman in skill and feats?

Same.

I'll go with Moon Knight though.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda She's not as skilled as Bruce but does have impressive gear

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That first picture of Moon Knight drives me nuts. Looks like he's got a baby arm. Terrible perspective.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike Batwoman, and Moon Knight is far more tougher, so... Marc Spector will beat her.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight all the way. Batwoman has never done anything impressive in my mind, and I don't even see any necessity for the existence of her character, there's a much better one in Batgirl. MK is far more skilled, going all the way back to his CIA days, to his merc days, to present, with great tactical ability and pain tolerance, having faced off against super-psychotic, superhuman & supernatural opponents. MK would rule this battle, & be ready to take on other opponents right after.

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: You really thing Batgirl is better? Granted, I've only gotten into either of them since the New 52, but I love Kate and I've already stopped following Babs. It just seemed like everything with Babs was so contrived and it felt like she was in this sexist role of always being the victim even when she was being the hero. I don't know, I just connected with Kate a lot more and have enjoyed her book a ton. Not trying to argue or call out your opinion, just starting conversation in case I'm missing some key stuff with Batgirl.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Winter_Kills

@clayscarface:

Well, I wouldn't say Batgirl is better, especially in the New 52. Pre-New 52 she has more history than the current Batwoman, but not a lot of feats to speak of, either. I really hold both Batgirl and Batwoman in the same regard. I just feel when you already have a female legacy character, like Batgirl, I don't see the necessity for having a Batwoman, it just seems kinda redundant, in my opinion. For example, over in Marvel, for the longest time there was only one She-Hulk, and she was fine, a great character. Then they made other She-Hulks- the Savage She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk- and none of them really brought anything new to the table. They were just redundant. I feel the same way with Batgirl and Batwoman. I don't see the reason for there to be a Batwoman if there's already a Batgirl, you know? It'd be like having Supergirl, and then introducing a Superwoman. But, that's just in my opinion. They've even reintroduced the original Batwoman, Kathy Kane- but at least they're giving a different spin on her by having her as a non-costumed super-spy. I mean everyone has there preference & opinion, and they're entitled to it, and I mean that with all respect, but I feel they tend to go overboard on the Bat-Legacy/family. But I think that tends to happen with a lot of popular characters, inc. Spider-Man. But still, Batwoman hasn't really done any feats that have caught my attention, so the victory goes to MK for me. If it were MK vs. Batgirl, I'd have the same opinion. And honestly, in her defense, I think Batwoman would do a better job against MK than Batgirl, but not by much.