• Matt has his billy clubs
  • Win by submission or knock out.

• Abandoned building

Who wins? Give reasons...

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman ftw!

#3 Posted by Super_Buck (1591 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, I actually think this could go either way. There isn't too much that seperates Arkham Batman from the regular Batman.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (42306 posts) - - Show Bio

Matty Ice has a good chance here.

#7 Edited by jashro44 (21828 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the gas pellets knock out gas? Because a smoke screen won't help against daredevil.

I don't know enough about this version of batman to make a choice.

#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by RogueShadow (10749 posts) - - Show Bio

Tentatively Daredevil.

#10 Edited by jashro44 (21828 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@jashro44: No its just smoke.

Well in that case it shouldn't be too helpful. Not sure how accurate this version of batman is but daredevil does fight people like punisher and bullseye regularly, so not sure if batarangs are an option.

No idea what the bat claw is but I get the feeling this is coming down to melee. No comment on who wins.

#11 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: OMG why?

Batman, this version anyway, isn't as skilled as Daredevil admittedly, but he still isn't a slouch. He has definitive combat history and is stated to have mastered most forms of martial arts. I think his physicality would pushes him through though. His ability to tank massive blunt force is astounding. Seriously, he was hit by a TN-1 enhanced Bane three times? IIRC. Bane in the tie-in comics one-shotted a Titan enhanced thug like a boss. The blunt force Batman can dish out is also fairly dangerous. He can hassle Killer Croc, who is completely bulletproof and can shrug off explosions like nothing.

Though this is a good fight. Daredevil's senses and agility can counter the batclaw and batarangs. Smoke won't do much. Matt may be slightly more skilled.

I'm actually undecided. Unless someone can put up an argument for Daredevil.

#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@jashro44: No its just smoke.

No idea what the bat claw is but I get the feeling this is coming down to melee. No comment on who wins.

Batclaw is just like a grappling rope. Can help Batman swing around from gargoyle to gargoyle, but can also be used to grapple foes closer to him like he did with Firefly. Matt could probably time those grapple attempts though.

#13 Posted by jashro44 (21828 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Batman is comparatively a lot slower than Comic Bruce. For that alone i think Matt takes this.

#15 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8633 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman could take this.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

DD

#17 Edited by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by patrat18 (9769 posts) - - Show Bio

DD could take this.

#19 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see this going either way. Arkham Batman is capable of enduring A LOT of stuff. He took hits from Bane, the guy who was able to punch him through walls and still get up and fight. He tanked bullets, and he went through Arkham City poisoned, fought Copperhead while poisoned, and fought people like Shiva and Deathstroke who through cutscenes showed some pretty nice skill in combat.

Arkham Batman also has basic precog, not only in game. He has a comic feat of it as well.

I actually never completed the Arkham comics.

#20 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: I never looked at that like precognition. To my understanding he was hallucination from fear gas that Mad Hatter got from Scarecrow. Its a little iffy to say its precognition if that's the only scan.

#21 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: That is true, but he reacted to her nonetheless as if he knew it was coming.

But yes, he was under an hallucinogen from Mad Hatter.

#22 Posted by darkbeam (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Explosive gel for the win.

#23 Edited by dondave (37456 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael

#24 Posted by Super_Buck (1591 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by dondave (37456 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Super_Buck (1591 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by nickzambuto (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: And to think all these years I swore his name was Matt...

#28 Edited by Wolverine08 (42306 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Michael

Middle name swag.

#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (42306 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by WarBlade539 (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_buck said:

@monsterstomp: OMG why?

Batman, this version anyway, isn't as skilled as Daredevil admittedly, but he still isn't a slouch. He has definitive combat history and is stated to have mastered most forms of martial arts. I think his physicality would pushes him through though. His ability to tank massive blunt force is astounding. Seriously, he was hit by a TN-1 enhanced Bane three times? IIRC. Bane in the tie-in comics one-shotted a Titan enhanced thug like a boss. The blunt force Batman can dish out is also fairly dangerous. He can hassle Killer Croc, who is completely bulletproof and can shrug off explosions like nothing.

Though this is a good fight. Daredevil's senses and agility can counter the batclaw and batarangs. Smoke won't do much. Matt may be slightly more skilled.

I'm actually undecided. Unless someone can put up an argument for Daredevil.

I would decisively agree. Arkhamverse Batman is highly skilled and a dangerous combatant. His dispatchment of Croc in Origins, him taking on and dominating the countless Titans in the first two games and his feats in the comics; all suggest that he would give Matt a great fight. Also his gear plays a big role; ice-grenades, explosive-gel, batarangs.

But you gotta remember that, comic-book versions of characters generally have better feats, due to them being easier to portray in written-media. Also, 616-Daredevil has much more feats so, that would serve as a greater advantage on his part.

Could go either way but, I'm rooting for Arkham Bruce.

#31 Posted by nickzambuto (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: What are Arkham Batman's best speed feats?

During combat, regular thugs literally move in slowmotion while he moves at normal speeds.

#32 Posted by WarBlade539 (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing in particular. But he displays a spectacular level of speed and precision as he hits 'freeflow-focus' mode during combat. I realize that it's a gameplay-mechanic but it serves to display Bruce's combat-speed in the games.
He also displays good speed during most of the Boss-Fights in the games. The Croc and Deathstroke fights in Origins in particular, come to mind.

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (42306 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by OreoAssassin (4953 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

#35 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking about the Arkham Origins Batman who beat the crap out of Deathstroke???

If so I would go with him...

#36 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking about the Arkham Origins Batman who beat the crap out of Deathstroke???

THe Arkham Origins Batman who beat the Crap out of a Featless Deathstroke?

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (42306 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9 said:

That featless Slade though!

#38 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

#39 Posted by WarBlade539 (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: @nickzambuto: Thanks for the info guys.

Don't mention it. Personally, I would argue that Bruce's gadgets would be Matt's biggest obstacle. Getting hit by an ice-grenade (or glue grenade), electricity-based batarang or an explosive-gel fist would prove detrimental to DD but considering the fact that Murdock has the advantage of more feats against this version of Batman, I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Bruce here.

#40 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

In the tie-ins, he has deflected unexpected automatic gunfire with his gauntlet, though they were rubber bullets, I don't know if that hinders the feat. He's also dodged a rocket launcher fired from Joker. I think his reflexes are on par with your standard street leveller like Batman (mainstream) and Daredevil. He has disappeared right in front of Commissioner Gordon (not sure if they count that as speed here on the Vine). Batman is also quick with the beatdowns. Just watch him beat down Joker in Origins or Ra's Al Ghul in Arkham City. His combat speed is pretty quick.

#41 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

Well Slade has his own campaign within the game (see his DLC), I haven't checked it out though.

#42 Posted by nickzambuto (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

Well Slade has his own campaign within the game (see his DLC), I haven't checked it out though.

One of the challenges calls for him to defeat 100 men simultaneously.

#43 Posted by Jokerpoker (2963 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil 6.5/10

#44 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: That's fairly impressive. Has Mr. Freeze's DLC come out yet? And if so, what has he done? I saw his trailer and it was awesome!

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (42306 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by nickzambuto (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: That's fairly impressive. Has Mr. Freeze's DLC come out yet? And if so, what has he done? I saw his trailer and it was awesome!

I think it came out, but I haven't had the chance to purchase it.

#47 Posted by MonsterStomp (18037 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Would be interesting to see who Batman was really up against :P

#48 Posted by godzilla44 (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

good battle don't know who to choose yet :p

#49 Edited by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by nickzambuto (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: That's all gameplay mechanics.

Nah, it might not have been story DLC, but the challenge maps were still exclusive to Deathstroke meaning the feat is within his capabilities. It's not a matter of the player's skill; the map literally requires you to defeat 100 men, there's no way around it.