• 144 results
#1 Posted by jumpstart55 (2269 posts) - - Show Bio
   VS

#2 Edited by jumpstart55 (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter.

Standard equipment.

All fighting at the best of their abilities bloodlust off.

who takes it.

#3 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

How serious is Spider-man? Why is he fighting them?

#4 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Spidey.

#5 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine solos.
#6 Edited by jumpstart55 (2269 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D: 
Its a randome encouter and bloodlust is off.
And Spidermans not playing around.
#7 Posted by Jazzitup (870 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman wins. He'll kill Batman with one strike nd web Wolverine up in a way he cannot cut.
#8 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@jumpstart55 said:
" @SlimJ87D: 
Its a randome encouter and bloodlust is off.
And Spidermans not playing around.
"
Random encounter... I'm just trying to figure out if Spider-man is jobbering or not.

If he is joking around, than Batman has gear to KO him. 
-Spider-mans been affected by various gasses, which Batman has

If Spider-man is on his A-game he can end it in a few minutes, via one shotting them. 
#9 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey

#10 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Just incase you guys didn't know, Wolverine trades blows with Hulk.
#11 Posted by whacknasty (5606 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omarpool said:
" I say Spidey. "
If Peter is really serious and or blood lusted, then I go with him as well.

Heck, I'll say Spidey still takes 7/10 with his usual demeanor... : )
#12 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty said:
" @Omarpool said:
" I say Spidey. "

"
*We have the same opinion-Knuckle bump*
#13 Edited by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:

" Just incase you guys didn't know, Wolverine trades blows with Hulk. "

So what, he's been shotgunned in the nuts by the punisher. 
Spider-man can hit him in all of his vital joints, and areas. He could literally grab his balls and tear them out and Wolverine would probably get KOed if SPider-man wanted to. 

But most likely, a very accurate punch to the tempo will KO wolverine. 
#14 Posted by whacknasty (5606 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omarpool said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @Omarpool said:
" I say Spidey. "

"
*We have the same opinion-Knuckle bump* "
Lol, awesome.
#15 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty said:
" @Omarpool said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @Omarpool said:
" I say Spidey. "

"
*We have the same opinion-Knuckle bump* "
Lol, awesome. "
You have an awesome avatar by the way.
#16 Posted by CRTrobinson (270 posts) - - Show Bio

team one about 6/10 times.  Very very very close though.  Cool pic of spidey btw.

#17 Posted by Mackeja (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey barely wins a majority against Logan. Throw in Bruce and the team has it.

#18 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mackeja said:
" Spidey barely wins a majority against Logan. Throw in Bruce and the team has it. "
Nope.
#19 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Edgeworth_11 said:

So what, he's been shotgunned in the nuts by the punisher.  Spider-man can hit him in all of his vital joints, and areas. He could literally grab his balls and tear them out and Wolverine would probably get KOed if SPider-man wanted to.  But most likely, a very accurate punch to the tempo will KO wolverine.  "
Hm..can Wolverine regenerate his scrotum?
#20 Edited by Moonhawk (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider man.

#21 Posted by Mackeja (325 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Mackeja said:
" Spidey barely wins a majority against Logan. Throw in Bruce and the team has it. "
Nope. "
I'm speaking canonically, Spidey barely takes Logan. I'm sleeping now, but if no one clarifies before I wake, I'll grab some scans
#22 Posted by whacknasty (5606 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omarpool: Thank you. Adventure Time is probably my favorite cartoon right now. : )
#23 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, those stories of Punisher vs Wolverine are PURE PIS and the writer basically favored Frank, knowing Logan will take everything Punisher can give him and survive, while Logan puts him down for a dirt nap with one punch with 3 claws out.
#24 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch: 

Lol, he definitely can. He got napalmed and was burned to only a skeleton but hours and hours later he managed to heal back...

That is kind of stupid though, I think Wolverine's healing factor should go back to 1990s levels. It's the movie that really changed things. 
#25 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Most heroes evovled. Why not Logan?
#26 Edited by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:

" BTW, those stories of Punisher vs Wolverine are PURE PIS and the writer basically favored Frank, knowing Logan will take everything Punisher can give him and survive, while Logan puts him down for a dirt nap with one punch with 3 claws out. "

Uh no, that line was in character. Punisher has no morals and is willing to do what he needs to do. He even shotgunned Anti-Venom in the back of the head. 

It really showed how someone with high amounts of skill would pan out with no morals and lots of weapons. Don't be that upset though, Punisher obviously had all kinds of weapons. Look at what happen when he went up H2H with Daken, he was killed.

I'm not saying Punisher = Spider-man, I'm saying that Wolverine has taken blows from the Hulk yes, but what does that matter? He just survived, it's not like he every really won. Your point of him surviving Hulks blows don't mean much because we all know he has a healing factor. But he has been KOed in various different ways. 
#27 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
"@Edgeworth_11 said:

" BTW, those stories of Punisher vs Wolverine are PURE PIS and the writer basically favored Frank, knowing Logan will take everything Punisher can give him and survive, while Logan puts him down for a dirt nap with one punch with 3 claws out. "

Uh no, that line was in character. Punisher has no morals and is willing to do what he needs to do. He even shotgunned Anti-Venom in the back of the head. 

It really showed how someone with high amounts of skill would pan out with no morals and lots of weapons. Don't be that upset though, Punisher obviously had all kinds of weapons. Look at what happen when he went up H2H with Daken, he was killed.

I'm not saying Punisher = Spider-man, I'm saying that Wolverine has taken blows from the Hulk yes, but what does that matter? He just survived, it's not like he every really won. Your point of him surviving Hulks blows don't mean much because we all know he has a healing factor. But he has been KOed in various different ways. 
"

Uh no, this is bad writing. Wolverine is a Punisher's writers/fanboys dream since he can take all the damage and Marvel wouldnt have to worry about killing off their prized asset.
#28 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
" Most heroes evovled. Why not Logan? "
Because it makes stories less interesting. The more powerful your character becomes the less plot devices can be used.

They depowered Spider-man for a reason, because his fights with his rogues began to become more smoothly. 

More powers and upgrades is something for a child to enjoy don't you think?

Spider-man fighting against his rogues is more interesting. He isn't as strong as he was, he has web shooters again. Things can go wrong, you're worried or curious about how he'll get by when both of his web shooters are crushed. And then you see why he's victorious, because of his will, not because of his extra upgrades and powers.

This is all a matter of my opinion anyway. I'd really prefer Logan to have a healing factor how he use to have, show more martial arts skull and less rampaging and getting show. 
#29 Posted by bballaag (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even see how Spider-man can even get one hit on them together.

I think Bat and Wolverine would smash.
#30 Edited by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

"@Edgeworth_11 said:

"
Uh no, this is bad writing. Wolverine is a Punisher's writers/fanboys dream since he can take all the damage and Marvel wouldnt have to worry about killing off their prized asset. "
Like I said, Punisher was using various weapons. It's not like he was going H2H and slaughtering Wolverine, his face was burned off too. You want Wolverine to go up against the Hulk, take napalms and what next. A nuke? 

I don't think you are understanding where I am getting at. I am using the Punisher fight to show that Wolverine can be incapacitated or KOed whether you like it or not. And Spider-man has these skills to KO wolverine if he wanted to whether you like it or not.

Batman isn't as fast or durable as either of them, and he could potentially get one shooted very easily.
#31 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Edgeworth_11 said:

So what, he's been shotgunned in the nuts by the punisher.  Spider-man can hit him in all of his vital joints, and areas. He could literally grab his balls and tear them out and Wolverine would probably get KOed if SPider-man wanted to.  But most likely, a very accurate punch to the tempo will KO wolverine.  "
Sorry slim but Wolverine has already taken the best of spidey's punches to the face and wasnt KO'd Spidey lacks the power or skill to knock him out.
#32 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

HA HA HA! whats the ides behind this fight? an early funeral for spidey? SPITE!

#33 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Batman win.

Wolverine has already taken on an enraged no holding back spiderman more then once and even on one occasion Spidey had an upgrade.
Spiderman isnt a very good fighter when bloodlusted due to him coming in close and trying to speed blitz attack ppl which puts him in a dangerous zone for Wolvie.

i like how people like to latch on to PIS its quite amusing

#34 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Spidey isnt playing around, neither of the team should touch him,  he can KO Bruce and web up Logan.

#35 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" Since Spidey isnt playing around, neither of the team should touch him,  he can KO Bruce and web up Logan. "
Wolverine not playing around would be more than able to still touch him..with his own reaction time and Bat's could just drop Gas grenades as soon as it starts letting Logan have at the spider.
#36 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
" @Edgeworth_11 said:

Sorry slim but Wolverine has already taken the best of spidey's punches to the face and wasnt KO'd Spidey lacks the power or skill to knock him out. "
A serious Spider-man could KO him. There's more than punching in the head, he could punch him in the throat, kick his knee cap out, kick his balls and punch him in both of his eyes so hard they'd burst. 

Spider-man is strong enough to also twist logans kneck around, that would KO Logan for sure. 

But that's why I asked the OP how serious SPider-man is. If he's jobbering he losses. If he's not and he has a reason to fight them and a reason to win then he takes them. 
#37 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:

" @A serious Spider-man could KO him. There's more than punching in the head, he could punch him in the throat, kick his knee cap out, kick his balls and punch him in both of his eyes so hard they'd burst. 
Spider-man is strong enough to also twist logans kneck around, that would KO Logan for sure. 

But that's why I asked the OP how serious SPider-man is. If he's jobbering he losses. If he's not and he has a reason to fight them and a reason to win then he takes them. 
"

wow you are seriously reaching and some of the things you mention have failed to work at all and has bn tried in comics already by guys just as strong as spiderman if not stronger.

the neck thing has bn tried from 100+ bricks already and Sabretooth has also tried it. Wolverine stood his ground still conscious and healed in 2 panels while talking and fighting.

The throat punch has only worked once and that was in garth ennis run with Daredevil doing it, you really want to equate that to spidey?
Wolverine has history of the same attack failing for decades up till ennis and his pis failed story that looks like it was written by a 12 yr old.

Wolverine can fight blind just as effectively you know that, right and if a hulk punch cant burst his eyes you think the spider can?

It's more likely that spidey will drop before Wolverine does especially with Batman to lend a hand and distraction even if it is only a few precious seconds.

you guys give parker way too much credit even with bloodlust just read his comics and you'll see how he acts even while bloodlusted which is rare but you see his fighting style and mentality which allows one to figure out  the most likely attack pattern the spider would use in a forum fight.

PS. and it is bloodlust off not on so the arguments being made for the spider need to be kicked to the curb
#38 Edited by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:

" @god_spawn said:

" Since Spidey isnt playing around, neither of the team should touch him,  he can KO Bruce and web up Logan. "
Wolverine not playing around would be more than able to still touch him..with his own reaction time and Bat's could just drop Gas grenades as soon as it starts letting Logan have at the spider. "
Why? Cause I disagree. If Spider-man actually completely listens to his spider-sense neither of the team should hit him let alone get the drop on him. Spidey has openly admitted he thought wolverine was almost as fast as him so if you consider their speed around the same it still doesnt help Wolverine that spider-man has basically a pre-cog esque ability that he has to compete with. Spider-man shouldnt have a big issue webbing Logan. If Spidey does choose to his ignore his spider-sense even for a second i do agree the team can win, but with the best of their abilities i dont see it happening.

@SlimJ87D

said:

" @god_spawn said:

" @SlimJ87D said:
" @Edgeworth_11 said:

Sorry slim but Wolverine has already taken the best of spidey's punches to the face and wasnt KO'd Spidey lacks the power or skill to knock him out. "
A serious Spider-man could KO him. There's more than punching in the head, he could punch him in the throat, kick his knee cap out, kick his balls and punch him in both of his eyes so hard they'd burst. 

"
I dont see a serious spider-man KO'ing him if hes already laid into him with his best punches repeatedly, and bloodlust is off, spider-man just isnt clowning around like he normally does so he isnt out for blood. I've never seen him throw punches to someone in the balls, or kick him in the kneecap to blow it out especially adamantium laced. with Logan's past feats of having people much much stronger than Spider-man trying to dislocate joints or rip him in half and failing i dont see that happening. And as for trying to snap his neck, he would risk getting in too close, Spider-man i see faster than Logan maybe by a step if not even in speed, but he is not fast enough to get him in that position. Like i said his best bet is to web him up.
#39 Posted by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman if he isnt jobbing. He is his own worst enemy

#40 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

" @castleking said:

" @god_spawn said:

Wolverine not playing around would be more than able to still touch him..with his own reaction time and Bat's could just drop Gas grenades as soon as it starts letting Logan have at the spider. "
Why? Cause I disagree. If Spider-man actually completely listens to his spider-sense neither of the team should hit him let alone get the drop on him. Spidey has openly admitted he thought wolverine was almost as fast as him so if you consider their speed around the same it still doesnt help Wolverine that spider-man has basically a pre-cog esque ability that he has to compete with. Spider-man shouldnt have a big issue webbing Logan. If Spidey does choose to his ignore his spider-sense even for a second i do agree the team can win, but with the best of their abilities i dont see it happening.

\
yes, i agree with what Spiderman said he was doubting himself and it wasnt just Spiderman shining so was wolverine who was also mirroring his attack in a deadly ballet.
the main difference between the two is that Wolverine doesnt tire and we know that Spiderman was putting everything he had in his dodging and punching which showed him slowing down. once spiderman tires in a few moments of all out battle with Wolverine he is gonna get stabbed.

aside from that the precog is the only thing that allows spiderman to compete close to Wolverine's lvl of melee and it isnt even a deciding factor since wolverine can still punch, elbow, knee and kick the spider the only reason they dont let Wolverine hit him with his claws is due to writer protection, why do you think guys like Daken withdrawled his claws at the last second when punching him in the face?

In the original fight Spiderman had with wolverine, Spidey was the one pushing himself not wolverine, he was still calm phoning it in while trying to talk to spiderman.. he only got angry near the end but his fighting wasnt close to what he has shown one on one with similar characters and above. Hell, Wolverine's experience compensates for Spiderman's spider sense as shown when he allows himself to be tackled dictating the entire fight and how it was going.

Spiderman could barely stand at the end of the fight and we know that Spiderman cant break adamantium let alone knock out Wolverine with punches or neck break before Logan could pop his claws.

I say  in melee Spiderman loses hard just like the majority of their comic fights.. i really dont see the webbing being a problem for Logan to dodge unless he is caught unaware. if we want them at their best remember that ppl have broken their hands from human to superhuman when punching Logan in the skull and we know Spiderman can hurt his hand on adamantium if he isnt careful how hard he punches all it would take is for logan to brace himself and seriously screw spiderman over with a broken leg or hand when he hits him....i'm just saying  *whistling*

now if we want to also use them at their current depiction Spiderman doesnt have a spider sense while Someone on the other hand is rockin the phoenix  :P
#41 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#42 Posted by God_Spawn (37382 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Very true for the majority of that post. Ill get to it eventually and hopefully we can make this a good debate, for now i must go.

And no pheonix that would be waaaay too much XD
#43 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: 

Are you talking about the cemetery fight? That fight Spider-man hardly knew who Wolverine was. He probably didn't even know his full healing abilities. In a current fight Spider-man would know how well he heals and would not hold back and there fore hit vital spots. He doesn't hit other peoples vital spots because he knows his strength could kill anyone if he doesn't hold back just by a tiny bit.

He'd twist his neck after he punches both of his eye balls.

I'm still going to say Spider-man takes this fight. 
#44 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
" @god_spawn: 

Are you talking about the cemetery fight? That fight Spider-man hardly knew who Wolverine was. He probably didn't even know his full healing abilities. In a current fight Spider-man would know how well he heals and would not hold back and there fore hit vital spots. He doesn't hit other peoples vital spots because he knows his strength could kill anyone if he doesn't hold back just by a tiny bit.

"
Spiderman knew who wolverine was and he stated on panel he was punching him with everything he had and had tired himself out and could barely stand.
 try again son.
#45 Edited by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

" @god_spawn: 

"

Spiderman knew who wolverine was and he stated on panel he was punching him with everything he had and had tired himself out and could barely stand. try again son. "

May I suggest you calm down? Are you getting upset for some reason? This isn't a noobie fanboy battle, lets debate reasonably. 

Anyways, Spider-man at that time didn't know Logan's full capabilities. Not only that he has more years of fight experience on top of what he had then. I think it's pretty obvious that he didn't know Logan that well or even the true properties of Adamantium or else he wouldn't keep hitting his adamantium bare head. Seriously, compare his knowledge then and now, he's much more experienced. He's not going to go in and start punching the bare adamantium. He's going to make his shots count this time. That's all it takes. 

Spider-man jobbering losses.
Spider-man on his A game takes it. 
#46 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
Once again, I am amazed how the Superman Vs. Batman threads can last for so long... yet Spiderman always seems to rofl stomp Batman
#47 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:

Can I suggest you calm down? Are you upset or something? This isn't a noobie fanboy battle, lets debate reasonably. 

Anyways, Spider-man at that time didn't know Logan's full capabilities. Not only that he has more years of fight experience on top of what he had then. I think it's pretty obvious that he didn't know Logan that well or even the true properties of Adamantium or else he wouldn't keep hitting his adamantium bare head. Seriously, compare his knowledge then and now, he's much more experienced. He's not going to go in and start punching the bare adamantium. He's going to make his shots count this time. That's all it takes. 
"
i am calm. i just find it amusing that you are clausing and passing false information of Spiderman holding back which we know by Spiderman's own inner narration that he was giving wolverine everything he had in his punches. Even if you want to say Spidey wasnt as experience as he is now spidey has still lost majority of their confrontation even when he is mad and not holding back. Even in his upgraded version Spiderman was lazily tagged by an annoyed Wolverine and Spidey soon passed out from blood loss  causing him to faint. Wolverine even let Spiderman  whale on him with all his strength b/c he felt he deserved it.

bottom line Spiderman does not have the strength nor skill to knock out Wolverine in a melee fight.  By the way Spiderman did know who Wolverine was and that he was an X-Man due to the Secret War iirc.
if you want to make assumption show it by using actual panel history and not personal opinions which are completely false.

read what spiderman says it contradicts your entire explanation of what actually happen
 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2995/781531114956215oa1.jpg
#48 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

Can I suggest you calm down? Are you upset or something? This isn't a noobie fanboy battle, lets debate reasonably. 

"
i am calm. i just find it amusing that you are clausing and passing false information of Spiderman holding back which we know by Spiderman's own inner narration that he was giving wolverine everything he had in his punches. Even if you want to say Spidey wasnt as experience as he is now spidey has still lost majority of their confrontation even when he is mad and not holding back. Even in his upgraded version Spiderman was lazily tagged by an annoyed Wolverine and Spidey soon passed out from blood loss  causing him fainting Wolverine even let Spiderman to whale on him with all his strength b/c he felt he deserved.

bottom line Spiderman does not have the strength nor skill to knock out Wolverine in a melee fight.  By the way Spiderman did know who Wolverine was and that he was an X-Man due to the Secret War iirc.
if you want to make assumption show it by using actual panel history and not personal opinions which are completely false.

read what spiderman says it contradicts your entire explanation of what actually happen
 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2995/781531114956215oa1.jpg "
Sure, I admit that I assumed at that time Spider-man didn't know Wolverines full capabilities of his healing factor, but that's because at that time they didn't have many encounters with each other as much as they do now a days being part of the avengers together and all.

Can you list the confrontations they have had and he has lost? Spider-man does have the skill to incapacitate Wolverine.

I'm not using this scan to say that be beat Wolverine here. But I'm using it to show you that he is very welled skilled. Look at his accuracy and capabilities, he was able to web Wolverines fist to his head so when he pops the claws it'd cut his face.

I'm currently at work, so I'll try and get back to you but it'd be unlikely for awhile. All I have to say is that I've seen Wolverine incapacitated by being hit in vital spots. Current Spider-man does have the skill to perform such feats, and it's not hard to believe. He's faster and stronger than Wolverine, and with his Spider sense he surely does have what it takes to hit Wolverine in vitals spots to incapacitate him.

I'm still going to go by what I said, Spider-man jobbering losses. Spider-man on his A game beats them. 
#49 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

he webbed him inside an alley and i already stated in a previous post that spiderman can web him if he catches Wolverine off guard, there are also scans of spiderman failing to web Wolverine due to his dodging and even ripping right through it.. in that scan Spiderman only manage to web him for a few precious seconds which he used to run away and take the kid with him.

now look at what wolverine is doing in the panel he is talking and pointing his fingers like i said if he is caught off guard..

i wont list you their history with titles and issue numbers which is a choir in itself to find and post but feel free to look them up here.
 http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=486007&pagenumber=3

#50 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" he webbed him inside an alley and i already stated in a previous post that spiderman can web him if he catches Wolverine off guard, there are also scans of spiderman failing to web Wolverine due to his dodging and even ripping right through it.. in that scan Spiderman only manage to web him for a few precious seconds which he used to run away and take the kid with him.

now look at what wolverine is doing in the panel he is talking and pointing his fingers like i said if he is caught off guard..

i wont list you their history with titles and issue numbers which is a choir in itself to find and post but feel free to look them up here.
 http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=486007&pagenumber=3 "
LOL, I notice it's a Wolverine Respect thread.

I'll check it out when I get off of work.