Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Easternwind

Set up:(Skip-able)

Batman and Spiderman team up, Two geniuses with combat prowess, but polar opposites in personality, the two team up to run a gauntlet let by their greatest foes! They will be fighting agaisnt mind controled people.

Rules

• Morals on
  • The Enemies are mind controled, so morals off for them
  • Takes place in a universe with both marvel and DC
  • Waves Will come in rounds, Rounds are fought ONE AT A TIME
  • Enemies get no prep unless stated
  • They will have access only to things they would use in a solo title, or at least nothing ridiculous, if they need something a little tougher.
  • They must prep for the WHOLE WAVE at once, but get 5 hours to rest in between ROUNDS.
  • Clarification:::They Will Have Access To the Area Of The Fight for one hour before, WHICH is a Abandoned City area, A mix between NY and GOTHAM.

Gauntlet

Wave One - 1 second prep.

Round 1-

• JJ Jameson (tommygun)
  • Commissioner Gordon (M16)
  • Alfred(m16)
  • Aunt May (ladies .45)

Round 2-

• Rhino
  • Lizard

Wave Two - One Hour Prep

Round 1-

• Shocker
  • Mr Freeze
  • Cassandra Cain

Round 2-

• Bane
  • Scarecrow
  • Jason Todd

Wave Three- 24h Prep(dont need to sleep)

Round 1-

• Nightwing
  • Captain America
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Joker

Round 2

• Venom
  • Clayface
  • Mary Jane Watson (With Super Soldier Serum, Armed with an M4A1 and 27 Grenades)
  • Barbra Gordon ( Batgirl)
  • The Penguin

Round 3

• Carnage
  • The Joker (armed and ready as hell)+ 10 Goons (knives)
  • Poison Ivy ( SUPER SUPER Bloodlusted
  • Killer Croc ( No Jobber)
  • Solomon Grundy ( born on a monday)
  • Kraven The Hunter

Sorry if they are out of order, with so many people its a pain

Sparnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sparnage

stops at 1, alfred w/ m16 = nigh omnipotent

but reallystops at wave 3 round 2
small chance to clear

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Wave 1 Round 1, Alfred solos.

Buuuuut if via some PIS they get through him, they might clear. I don't think there's enough powerhouses or firepower in any one round to beat both Bats and Spides.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Young_Murloc

Clear easily, until the final fight were they lose fairly bad....

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stormdriven

They could stop at Round 2 of Wave 3, since it's kinda hard to prep for Clayface (who I would actually put in the last round), or Round 3 of the same wave, since Grundy and Poison Ivy. And FYI, there is no such thing as a non jobbing Croc.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Easternwind

@young_murloc said:

Clear easily, until the final fight were they lose fairly bad....

@sparnage said:

stops at 1, alfred w/ m16 = nigh omnipotent

but reallystops at wave 3 round 2

small chance to clear

They do have full knowlege and 24 Hours of prep, no sleep

for @sparnage

• Venom High powered sonics ++++++ to the max, plus a flame trap
  • Clayface Disabling Batarang, made in way less than 24 hrs
  • Mary Jane Watson (With Super Soldier Serum, Armed with an M4A1 and 27 Grenades) BatBlitz/Webs =)
  • Barbra Gordon ( Batgirl) SpiderBlitz
  • The Penguin Spider Blitz,

To clear the time for blitzes, they can use sonics and such if needed, if not the low guys could hang back and help, but I think with prep, the smalls are dead on arrival.

The only thing that takes time is one and 2, and the other 22 hours can be used for getting, not ultimate nulifer type stuff but you have:

Maybe some type of symbiote suit

Iron Spider Style Suit

Some type of Insider suit for bats, gadgeted out to the max.

Just standard they have:

• Webs,
  • Grapples
  • Sonics
  • Fire Attacks
  • Explosives
  • Knock out gass
  • Tear Gas
  • Stealth Gas
  • Speed of a spider
  • Power of a spider etc.

With prep, they could get everyting above, standard in 0 time, Suits in maybe, say ,, 10 hours, the first 2 villan things in 1 hour, leaves them 11 more hours of super geniuses

As for

@young_murloc

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!RwlRwlRwlRwl!!!

Translation for the General Populus ( WoW fans will get it)

::

Carnage I think batman and spiderman could possible make some type of fire or sonic attack on a whole other level

The Joker (armed and ready as hell)+ 10 Goons (knives)

The joker has some decent hand to hand feats, and some WAaaayaaay over blown stuff ( like when people talk about him beating CassCa.) But his goons are fodder. You could argue that Joker and Goons would have venom, but I didnt say that I said "armed" as hell, so lets assume armed no venom, if its that I think that this :

Happens
Happens

Poison Ivy ( SUPER SUPER Bloodlusted) I think that spiderman could web her up pretty easily. He could also out speed her, and I think a serious batman could take her down too, because she doesnt really go all out like that enough to show she could take on Peter

Killer Croc ( No Jobber) This one is a little hard, But Spiderman has webbed up stronger, soooometimes...., But I think They could maybe take him down with a combo attack, but you HAVE to remeber they have prep, They could be in the IRon spider and the Insider Suit! They could have the area rigged, tho forget that for now, as I forgot it in the Op, But they have full knowledge to prep up.

Solomon Grundy ( born on a monday) This is the hardest guy on here, They would need some REALLY sick gadget, but I think spiderman ( not bats actually) Could make and use a gadget to BFR or something grundy

Kraven The Hunter I think prep would make this guy get taken out in most settings, I will clarify in the op a bit more for you guys

Actually writing all that out, I see how they could get overwhelmed, But I think if you go with what I say right below this, They could knock out the weaker guys first, and VERY fast, and q

To both and all:

I meant to say in the OP, that they have time to prep in THEIR area, not the whole time but for a bit, so the ppl come to them, area is prepped for 1 hour before each match, ill edit op, But you dont need to take that 100% into account for the previous things

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could stop at Round 2 of Wave 3, since it's kinda hard to prep for Clayface (who I would actually put in the last round), or Round 3 of the same wave, since Grundy. And FYI, there is no such thing as a non jobbing Croc.

I fixed the OP , they get control of the area for an hour. Just so you know, that should help. Seems good though, stoping near the end is good for a gauntlet, at least they dont stomp or stop round 1.

Do you think they could take any /10 for 3 Sub 2?

As for clayface, I always thought batman preped for him using special batarangs, and other types of gadgets? He used a box in a story with the laterns, and in another story I remeber him using a batarang in another story too, and he also did electric batarangs in the animated series, I thought that worked at certain points or something. And they have a full day, and can get Iron Spider and Insider suits, plus gadgets, which are more important than the insider suit imo.

I think I made a decent case in my last post for how many things they can use to pass wave 2-3 . But I will admit my knowlege isnt huge, so I could TOTALLY, be wrong.

Grundy is hard as hell, I was thinking BFR of some sort, maybe using spider physicals.

As for Croc, Yes there is. Croc has Established stats, where he constantly takes certain levels of damage, when he gets knocked out easily with much less, he is jobbing, or when he seems to "hold back". when he has 0 reason to, with his hits. He has ripped the hell out of things and should quickly end people.

Just like other characters, like say, Deadpool getting Ko'ed by a Hotdog, Zoom getting hit by a pole, Flash by a tree. (at times where there wasnt an explaination for why, such as distration, iirc) Captain Marvel being Ko'ed by a building busting explosio,when he is at full power.

Jobbing=PIS, If you dont say no jobbing though, characters with high high PIS problems, people arent fair to the character.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@easternwind: The problem with Clayface is he gets harder and harder to put down, for whatever reason. It takes quite a bit of prep to beat him. With Clayface remaining, they could eek out a win since he is the toughest guy in the gauntlet. I think you're kinda underrating Ivy in your last post, because she is extremely dangerous, arguably the third most here, after Grundy. As for Croc, he consistently jobs. He doesn't have any showings where he isn't jobbing. I think most of the more experienced Viners will say the same. He isn't really a problem here regardless.

So basically, for Round 2, the main prep will be for Venom and Clayface, which they can conceivably do. For Round 3, they have a lot more to prep for with Grundy, Ivy, Carnage, and Kraven to deal with. The way I see it, since they only have 24 hours of prep, they prep for Round 2 and stop at Round 3, or prep for Round 3 and stop at Round 2.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Thanks for the info, I see what you mean, they still have a whole day, alternate suits, and area control and knowlege, so Idk, but I see what you mean there.

What do you mean

"with clayface remaining"

You think I should move him ?

You think Ivy is the third most in the whole gauntlet? Or the round?

In the round you have

Carnage, and you have Grundy. They are both powerful, and not taking into account how much prep would help, you are saying

Poison Ivy> Killer Croc, Joker +10 Henchmen, Kraven and Killer Croc ?

She may have more raw power. However, I am not aware of feats that give her the reation time or durability on par with them. She can make insane plants, but I am only aware of One feat, where she makes huge tree like plants, Then a few more feats where she has decent sized vines, but It seems she usually makes smaller ones, or it takes her some time to make, thus me thinking that she would be seperated by the terrain, and either blitzed or hit by traps/gas/sonics, before she can go all in. I actually HAVE under rated her in the past, due to many poor batman showings, and I think she is ALL AROUND above some of the guys mentioned before, but not above each and every one, in this fight.

As for Croc, I guess at this point his so called "jobbing" showings happen so much that they are what define him, but regardless of what experienced viners say, I have read his origins, many of the comics he is in, comics where his powers are explained, etc. And the idea they seem to want to get across is that he CAN tank the heavy attacks, and can rip stuff apart, and is pretty strong, but not as tough as his high end feats, im pretty sure this is backed up by character descriptions, but maybe I am nuts, I do however see how he gets destroyed 85% of the time.

And it isnt like Rhino, where people think he is weak, but he is really a upper class no suit, high upper class with it, and he is not street level, but he has jobbed, much less than croc tho.

Like I said before, I semi agree with your conclusions, but I think its close and they at least have a shot.

What do you think they will do for prep? Just wonderin, People usually say bats stuff, but you have a spidey avatar, what could spiderman bring to the table

Remember they start with:

• Webs,
  • Grapples
  • Sonics
  • Fire Attacks
  • Explosives
  • Knock out gass
  • Tear Gas
  • Stealth Gas
  • Speed of a spider
  • Power of a spider etc.

Webs are going to be insanely usefull, they have 24 hours prep, and they have an hour access, so they could web the whole area, and get to the roofs, the villans would come in on the ground, and batman and spiderman could pick them off.

Spiderman can, at least for some time, Web pretty much all of w3-r2 up

Mary Jane would be webbed up immediately. Penguin would get webbed up immediately. Barbra gordon would be harder, but I think she would get tagged, as the whole area will be webbed and batman will have anti web boots, This will slow her down. If Ivy is an issue webbed up she can be incaped by any number of different traps, Im not under-rating her, its just that They HAVE Knowlege on her, and the resources to prep.

Venom and Clayface are insanely hard, I was thinking Batman could skewer clay with Electric grapples, And disrupt him, if they still works, enough for spidey, and the rope to force him into a trap, incap.

And Venom, would be regular venom, and thus spiderman and bats could set up sonics that are on a huge level, as well as everything else. And Spiderman could force him into a huge sonic or flame attack.

Spiderman would be wearing the Iron Spider suit too

And Batman could wear any suit.

Not even saying they win, I just want to play devils advocate.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If Lizard & Rhino aren't jobbering, I think they could stop on round 2.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@easternwind: I meant "Clayface remaining" in Round 2 makes it harder, since he will take a good deal of prep to handle. Being the toughest one in the gauntlet, I would move him to the third round, because it would make the last round harder, yet easier at the same time. Bats and Spiderman can focus their efforts on the last round, since it would be the only one they would really need to prep for.

An angry Pamela is a dangerous thing, and you've made her extremely bloodlusted. I could see her using her plants to do another skyscraper toppling type feat, or something to another devastating effect. With that in mind, she is more dangerous than Croc (regardless of his stats, jobbing or not), the Joker and his henchman (who would be taken out relatively easily in a straight up fight), and Kraven (although he is definitely not to be underestimated and would require a bit of prep time).

Bats and Spiderman can do any number of things to prep, both being able to whip up stealth suits in short amounts of time. I don't doubt that they could come up with one each in 24 hours, something that would be advantageous for the both of them in dealing with the last two rounds, especially Spiderman who could take out big hitters like Pamela early and quickly, and utilizing any cryotech or sonics that he and Batman came up with to take care of Clayface and the symbiotes. Once those guys are out, the Joker and his men will be almost inconsequential, and Kraven would be hard pressed to hit what he can't see. Grundy would still be the hardest to deal with, depending on his stats, although Batman and Spiderman could find a way to outsmart him to win.