Batman and Solid Snake vs Wolverine

• 149 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wolverine08: Calling it how I see it. Your being a major hypocrite and you got caught for it. Wolverine is not bullet proof nor explosion proof. his healing factor has been taxed by simple slashing and stabbing attacks. Yet he will walk through a rail gun in the gut?

Bias and Hypocritical don't ya think?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@wolverine08 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@wolverine08 said:

You want me to bring you multiple moments where Wolverine has tanked explosions?

All Snake has to do is keep firing. Wolverine might have a healing factor but his actual skin and organs aren't any different from yours or mine. It's still flesh. A Rail Gun will eventually shred everything from his skeleton.

His flesh didn't shred away when he was standing beside the sun getting burned up with Jean Grey in New X-Men.

It sure as hell burned away when Punisher hit him with a rocket.

You kind of lost all credibility using a Garth Ennis showing to justify a point with Wolverine.......................

Actually I think wolverine fans are simply ridiculous. IMO.

Do you seriously expect me to believe explosions will not takes out his flesh when low caliber bullets do! He is not bulet proof and explosions have shredded his flesh many times.

Hypocrites, Biased, BS.

I really can't even find the words. Wolverine fans are just absolutely ridiculous. They all cling desperately to a small number of super high-end showings and pass them off as Wolverine's average, and regard literally everything else as PIS just because they don't like it.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Pokergeist

@wolverine08 said:
@cadencev2 said:

@nickzambuto: @wolverine08: Also regardless of Garth bias feelings to Wolverine, I think its funny Wolverine fans clutch to feats like these from bias Wolverine fanwanking writers. Editors at Marvel clearly felt Garth work was legit enough to print it. Only people who dislike Garth work (which I am a fan of) is Wolverine Fans.

You just sound bitter at this point. No one takes those showings written by Garth Ennis seriously because they are riddled with inconsistency. Wolverine one shotted Spider-Man, Hulk was taken out by explosives, etc. The series doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

I agree actually, Garth crap is very inconsistent and mostly PIS/WIS. But that does not make everything he showed or touched not realistic. Like Wolverine hit by a RPG. That seems legit base on his showings and not being bullet or explosion proof body like say Luke Cage.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really can't even find the words. Wolverine fans are just absolutely ridiculous. They all cling desperately to a small number of super high-end showings and pass them off as Wolverine's average, and regard literally everything else as PIS just because they don't like it.

Agreed.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Do you seriously expect me to believe explosions will not takes out his flesh when low caliber bullets do! He is not bulet proof and explosions have shredded his flesh many times.

Hypocrites, Biased, BS.

Logan fell from space and his skin wasn't shred away (mainly scan 1-2). Just wanted to put this here.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08 said:
@cadencev2 said:

@nickzambuto: @wolverine08: Also regardless of Garth bias feelings to Wolverine, I think its funny Wolverine fans clutch to feats like these from bias Wolverine fanwanking writers. Editors at Marvel clearly felt Garth work was legit enough to print it. Only people who dislike Garth work (which I am a fan of) is Wolverine Fans.

You just sound bitter at this point. No one takes those showings written by Garth Ennis seriously because they are riddled with inconsistency. Wolverine one shotted Spider-Man, Hulk was taken out by explosives, etc. The series doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

I agree actually, Garth crap is very inconsistent and mostly POS/WIS. But that does not make everything he showed or touched not realistic. Like Wolverine hit by a RPG. That seems legit base on his showings and not being bullet or explosion proof body like say Luke Cage.

Wolverine's showings say otherwise that he can take explosions. Most of Garth Ennis's work with superheroes just is riddled with laced with inconsistency and a writer clearly intent on giving heroes other than Punisher low showings. The showings in his work just can not be taken seriously from a consistency standpoint.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@wolverine08 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@wolverine08 said:

You want me to bring you multiple moments where Wolverine has tanked explosions?

All Snake has to do is keep firing. Wolverine might have a healing factor but his actual skin and organs aren't any different from yours or mine. It's still flesh. A Rail Gun will eventually shred everything from his skeleton.

His flesh didn't shred away when he was standing beside the sun getting burned up with Jean Grey in New X-Men.

It sure as hell burned away when Punisher hit him with a rocket.

You kind of lost all credibility using a Garth Ennis showing to justify a point with Wolverine.......................

Hypocrites, Biased, BS.

So, because you guys can't prove a point through inconsistent low showings, you resort to labeling scores of people you have never met? Cool.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:
@cadencev2 said:

I agree actually, Garth crap is very inconsistent and mostly PIS/WIS. But that does not make everything he showed or touched not realistic. Like Wolverine hit by a RPG. That seems legit base on his showings and not being bullet or explosion proof body like say Luke Cage.

No shut up your wrong Wolverine stood by the sun that one time so anything less than that will always clearly be PIS/WIS/CIS/KIS/LIS/OIS/IIS/AIS/QIS/Garth EnnisIS forever. Obviously.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: @wolverine08: Also regardless of Garth bias feelings to Wolverine, I think its funny Wolverine fans clutch to feats like regrowing from Nitro as a skeleton or dropped in a vat of smelted steel and crawls out as a skelleton from bias Wolverine fanwanking writers. Editors at Marvel clearly felt Garth work was legit enough to print it. Only people who dislike Garth work (which I am a fan of) is Wolverine Fans.

An editor also approved of spider-man beating fire lord (who in the same comic blew up an astroid the size of a small planet FYI), curb stomping the hulk, and fighting the silver surfer. It doesn't mean that spider-man can do any of that.

Garth Ennis is a wolverine hater and has admitted to it. he doesn't like super heroes and he likes to take it out on these characters in his writing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Hypocrites, Biased, BS.

Logan fell from space and his skin wasn't shred away (mainly scan 1-2). Just wanted to put this here.

I forgot about that moment from Savage Wolverine #9.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not necessarily saying its impossible to incapacitate wolverine through the use of explosives (all though he has consistent showings of tanking them) just commenting on Garth Ennis being biased.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yeah it's definitely a good showing. He didn't seem to be knocked out for long after the deep impact either. That, and he fought aliens right after.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pokergeist

@nickzambuto said:

@cadencev2 said:

So, because you guys can't prove a point through inconsistent low showings, you resort to labeling scores of people you have never met? Cool.

Really? Wolverine has been stabbed, shots, and burned many times. Do I need to really pull the thousands of scan proof?

Hood when fighting New avengers and Mighty Avengers was nowhere near as powerful when he fought as Possessed by Dormammu.

Hod shoots Wolverine up so much he says screw chasing him and sits down trying to heal fast enough. most of this damage is .45 caliber bullets.

Many examples of Stabbing and slicing weapons on Wolverines body.

No Caption Provided

Im pretty sure Rail Gun > Deathlock.

Wolverine in a pool of blood from physical hits from Mr. X.

Why is Wolverine bullet and explosive proof again?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yeah it's definitely a good showing. He didn't seem to be knocked out for long after the deep impact either. That, and he fought aliens right after.

@jashro44 said:

Not necessarily saying its impossible to incapacitate wolverine through the use of explosives (all though he has consistent showings of tanking them) just commenting on Garth Ennis being biased.

Ijust showed more average scans to the contrary. Let get real guys....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman pulls out a pair of stun gun knuckles that are strong enough to put Killer Croc and tags Logan with it. Metal skeleton and stun guns are not good combos for Logan.

he gets stunned and buried or drowned. Take your pic.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Pokergeist

Batman pulls out a pair of stun gun knuckles that are strong enough to put Killer Croc and tags Logan with it. Metal skeleton and stun guns are not good combos for Logan.

Nice. I did not know he even had those.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I'm not on either side, I'm just saying Ennis' scan was a pretty low showing for Logan. Normally, Wolverine is a lot more durable than that, as seen above when he tanked atmospheric re-entry. Although I have to say mere physical blows making Logan bleed is a bit much to believe. Also, do you guys have any feats for the Rail Gun? Range? Damage? Ammo capacity?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Wolverine008

@cadencev2:

Those scans you bring up are inconsistent (Staples of Brian Michael Bendis' writing in New Avengers). Modern Wolverine is bullet soaking machine. The guy literally soaks bullets in almost every comic. I think even people with superficial knowledge of Wolverine know this. Writers even have the guy bullet soak so much they even forget to show him doing other stuff. He isn't "explosion proof". He just has a consistent history of tanking explosions. He did it against Nitro in Civil War, he's tanked an explosion that left Doc Sampson unconscious, he jumped off of a space shuttle recently in Savage Wolverine falling through a planet's atmosphere burning up and hit the ground, fully healed, his heart has exploded and healed up in three panels, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

To sum it up, there is a chance Snake can take him via explosions indeed, but Logan's extremely consistent history against explosions show that he can take multiple of Snake's.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine has tanked electricity on multiple occasions.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Those scans you bring up are inconsistent. Modern Wolverine is bullet soaking machine. The guy literally soaks bullets in almost every comic. I think even people with superficial knowledge of Wolverine know this. Writers even have the guy bullet soak so much they even forget to show him doing other stuff. He isn't "explosion proof". He just has a consistent history of tanking explosions. He did it against Nitro in Civil War, he's tanked an explosion that left Doc Sampson unconscious, he jumped off of a space shuttle recently in Savage Wolverine falling through a planet's atmosphere burning up and hit the ground, fully healed, his heart has exploded and healed up in three panels, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

To sum it up, there is a chance Snake can take him via explosions indeed, but Logan's extremely consistent history against explosions show that he can multiple of Snake's.

I can agree with that.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2:

Those scans you bring up are inconsistent. Modern Wolverine is bullet soaking machine. The guy literally soaks bullets in almost every comic. I think even people with superficial knowledge of Wolverine know this. Writers even have the guy bullet soak so much they even forget to show him doing other stuff. He isn't "explosion proof". He just has a consistent history of tanking explosions. He did it against Nitro in Civil War, he's tanked an explosion that left Doc Sampson unconscious, he jumped off of a space shuttle recently in Savage Wolverine falling through a planet's atmosphere burning up and hit the ground, fully healed, his heart has exploded and healed up in three panels, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

To sum it up, there is a chance Snake can take him via explosions indeed, but Logan's extremely consistent history against explosions show that he can multiple of Snake's.

I can agree with that.

No Caption Provided

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

Those scans you bring up are inconsistent (Staples of Brian Michael Bendis' writing in New Avengers). Modern Wolverine is bullet soaking machine. The guy literally soaks bullets in almost every comic. I think even people with superficial knowledge of Wolverine know this. Writers even have the guy bullet soak so much they even forget to show him doing other stuff. He isn't "explosion proof". He just has a consistent history of tanking explosions. He did it against Nitro in Civil War, he's tanked an explosion that left Doc Sampson unconscious, he jumped off of a space shuttle recently in Savage Wolverine falling through a planet's atmosphere burning up and hit the ground, fully healed, his heart has exploded and healed up in three panels, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

Good points.

I'm gonna say Wolverine wins this 6/10. Not sure if Snake or Batman are fast enough to really start spamming their weapons before Logan sniffs them out as well.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2:

I can agree with that.

No Caption Provided

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

See, Im not unreasonable. Just stubborn.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jashro44

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@jashro44 said:

You never did understand how to average feats. Reading the scan with the hood it looks like he rips Logans balls or dick off hence his comment about them growing back bigger. He likely has no fight in him because of that not because of the bullets.

Your next scans with the hand ninjas stabbing him just looks like they stabbed him…Care to upload the next few pages? Was Wolverine even dropped? The kaine fight I all ready know about.

Your next scan is from the wolverine kitty pride series and Logans healing factor wasn't written what it is today…I don't know about the next scan as it is fan edited…Can you find me a scan with the actual dialogue? I would like a better understanding of the context.

The rest are just low showings.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

You never did understand how to average feats. Reading the scan with the hood it looks like he rips Logans balls or dick off hence his comment about them growing back bigger. He likely has no fight in him because of that not because of the bullets.

Your next scans with the hand ninjas stabbing him just looks like they stabbed him…Care to upload the next few pages? Was Wolverine even dropped? The kaine fight I all ready know about.

Your next scan is from the wolverine kitty pride series and Logans healing factor wasn't written what it is today…I don't know about the next scan as it is fan edited…Can you find me a scan with the actual dialogue? I would like a better understanding of the context.

Wow, man, you missed the whole point. the point was to prove that Wolverine is not bullet or stabbing proof. not that these attacks drop him :/

How did you miss the whole point Jash?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

Wow, man, you missed the whole point. the point was to prove that Wolverine is not bullet or stabbing proof. not that these attacks drop him :/

Nobody actually said that Wolverine is literally bullet proof. Just noted that he has a hilariously consistent history of soaking them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: no one was saying the team cannot hurt Logan. What was being disputed is that they can put him down.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pokergeist
@wolverine08 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

Nobody actually said that Wolverine is literally bullet proof. Just noted that he has a hilariously consistent history of soaking them.

Look, both of ya, its over. Lets let that part die.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: no one was saying the team cannot hurt Logan. What was being disputed is that they can put him down.

That was my point, they have a chance at winning with enough damage and destruction of flesh the same way many characters have taxed Wolverine HF. I was only trying to point out Snakes and Batman gear are very destructive in explosion and flesh rending.

That is ALL I was trying to prove.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@dondave said:

Lets keep it civil

I bet you're enjoying this :D.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MonsterStomp

@cadencev2 said:

@monsterstomp said:

Major lowballing of the team I think...

Well, it is Wolverine, most people tend to think he is immortal and some major high showings justify it ;)

I know, but Wolverine also has a plethora of low end feats as well (from what I've seen, anyway). With Batman's freeze pellets, magnetics, electricity etc, to slow him down, coupled with Solid's lethality in the fight and I think the team has a solid chance. Sheer versatility and teamwork should overcome Wolverine's physical prowess.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@monsterstomp said:

Well, it is Wolverine, most people tend to think he is immortal and some major high showings justify it ;)

I know, but Wolverine also has a plethora of low end feats as well (from what I've seen, anyway). With Batman's freeze pellets, magnetics etc, to slow him down, coupled with Solid's lethality in the fight and I think the team has a solid chance. Sheer versatility and teamwork should overcome Wolverine's physical prowess.

I forgot all about the freeze pellets.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Like I said, major lowballing for the team :P

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@monsterstomp said:

I know, but Wolverine also has a plethora of low end feats as well (from what I've seen, anyway). With Batman's freeze pellets, magnetics, electricity etc, to slow him down, coupled with Solid's lethality in the fight and I think the team has a solid chance. Sheer versatility and teamwork should overcome Wolverine's physical prowess.

All comic characters with so many appearances like Batman, Wolverine, Superman, etc. do. Kind of what comes with being a Marvel or DC character being in so many comics.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Of course. But people here tend to ignore Wolverine's low end feats, it seems.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

No, not really. I and most people saying Wolverine wins here ignore low end Wolverine feats that don't match up with his consistent feats.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Does anyone have a scan of the Freeze pellets? Are we talking cold and frosty freeze or block of ice freeze?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Freeze pellets capable of incapacitating Clayface if I'm not mistaken. I do not have scans though, you should see them in @matchesmalone21's respect thread. I'm reading over Batman's series again.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Freeze pellets capable of incapacitating Clayface if I'm not mistaken. I do not have scans though, you should see them in @matchesmalone21's respect thread. I'm reading over Batman's series again.

I believe Batman had prepped those freeze pellets specifically for Clayface but I am not entirely sure.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Probably. But I'm not sure that negates them from his current standard equipment.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

It does discount it as his standard equipment actually. We can not consider something that Batman creates and brings out for a specific opponent to be his standard equipment. If Bruce were to know that he was going to be fighting the Hulk and designed and brought a gamma radiation syphoning machine, would we all of the sudden consider it standard equipment for him? I think not.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MonsterStomp

@wolverine08 So anything Batman creates is just discounted as standard equipment now? Batman started from near scratch at the beginning of the series and has shown to progressively increase the gear in his utility belt. Have you got scans of him creating the pellets specifically for Clayface? I can't recall that much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@monsterstomp: Here a thread to give you some help http://www.comicvine.com/forums/batman-286/batsuit-capabilities-in-new-52-so-far-1477051/

Batsuit capabilities:

Contact Lenses

1. Computer Link (can acess remotely the Batcomputer)
  2. Computer analysis
  3. Transmitter/Receiver audio and video
  4. Zoom/Magnifying capabilities
  5. Facial recognition algorithms (including lipreading capabilities)
  6. Lie Detector
  7. Eletromagnetic spectrum vision (thermal,sonar,x-ray and night vision)

Cowl

1. Special lock pick (Bruce is the only that can take it off)
  2. Extra Lenses (Eletromagnetic spectrum vision capabilities)
  3. Spectrum analysis
  4. Earpiece (which enhanced his auditory senses)
  5. Has recorded (and has stored) all of previous missions in Cowl Archives
  6. High Intensity Strobes in order to protect against Poison Ivy's pheromone control and reset the short term memory.
  7. Can connect and receive phones calls.

Gloves/Gauntlet

1. Can take and run DNA/Chemical samples
  2. Can emit electric shocks (capable of frying nerves)
  3. Wrist laser
  4. High-velocity batrope
  5. Shoot out the forearm spikes
  6. Shoot out micro smoke pellets and anesthetic gas pellets
  7. Can hack other computers

Body armor

1. Bulletproof
  2. Fireproof
  3. Resistant to medium level shocks
  4. Resistant to concentrated acid
  5. Resistant to extreme pressures

Cape

1. Fireproof
  2. Act as a glider

Utility Belt

1. Stores gadgets
  2. EMP emitter
  3. Energy deflector
  4. Demagnetizer

Gadgets

1. Batrangs (Sharp,Explosives,Acid,Cryogenic,Heat and Electric)
  2. Acid capsule
  3. Sonic disruptor
  4. Sonic grenades
  5. Absorbing capsules
  6. Magnets
  7. Subsonic emitters
  8. Overheat device
  9. Laser cutter
  10. Tracking devices
  11. Grapplin gun
  12. Electrical sticks
  13. Sonic Gun
  14. Hard light gun
  15. Anti fire foam gun
  16. Re-breather mask (automatically adjust to different oxygen levels to avoid toxicity)

Boots

1. Enable to walk on walls
  2. Blades enable to walk on areas cover by ice.

@wolverine08:

Batman created a containment suit so Clayface wouldn't copy his DNA again,he just add a few thing to the suit as electrical blasts,solvents and concentrated nitrogen. The ice pellets and other ice based weapons aren't exclusively used against Clayface and can work in anyone.,is ice after all.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#95  Edited By patrat18

Savage Wolverine #9 was PIS. Good read but Pis.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Wolverine008

@cadencev2:

How was it PIS? It's matches up pretty well with Wolverine's consistent showings against extreme heat/explosions. Do you just not like the feat?

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By KingAres109

@cadencev2: This is getting intense...And is Snake body really that old?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jasonhawke

Team Bat and Snake.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#100 HigorM  Moderator

@cadencev2: Interesting match, I would bet on Wolverine to win the majority of the fights. The team possess a chance of winning but, the way I see it, only if going all out from the start, striking Logan on specific points, playing smart, etc. Anything different from that Wolverine would most likely take the damage and become more an more furious, once he becomes a beast, there´s not much either Batman nor Snake could do to take him out. I remember the instance where Nick Fury tried everything against him, from gas to eletrick shocks, and all his effort only contributed to make him angrier..