Batman and Deathstroke vs. the DCU

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Equonox

Bit of a setup here to get people in the right mindset. Batman senses a moment of metahuman takeover is on the horizon (Kingdom Come-ish), and realizes it's now time to nip the meta/magic human movement in the bud. Knowing that it will be extremely difficult to do it alone, he enlists the help of the other master strategist, Deathstroke, and of course uses millions upon millions of Bruce Wayne's money to entice him. Here's the setup:

Batman and Deathstroke - Batman (and thus Deathstroke too) have access to the Brother Eye satellite and all of the data/protocols it contains concerning meta and magic-powered humans across the earth, plus all the gadgets, old and new, that he would need (both pre and new-52). They get 2 months of constant prep in the Batcave (and wherever else they need to go to setup the fight). Deathstroke has his new-52 gear. Battle takes place in Gotham (Batman creates some sort of distress scenario to lure in all the people in question - assume they don't know it's a trap - Deathstroke does the same for the legion). Morals off for Bats/Deathstroke - every other individual is in character (new-52 versions, where applicable). Victory by KO, death, or BFR. The list is:

Superman

Wonder Woman

Flash (Barry)

Green Lantern (Hal)

Aquaman

Cyborg

Green Arrow

Booster Gold

Martian Manhunter

Apollo

Midnighter

Black Lightning

Mister Terrific

Lex Luthor (pre-52, new 52 doesn't have any feats)

Bane

Grodd (pre-52 also)

Cheetah

Killer Frost

Fire

Ice

Starfire

Donna Troy

Wonder Girl

Superboy

Power Girl

Major Force

Happy hunting!

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By icysloth

@Equonox: I am taking LEx off your list as he is not a metahuman, do the metahumans know they are coming or could bats and deathstroke hunt them down one by one.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ximpossibrux

The two die horribly. Even if they kill a few, MM and Superman nuke the Batcave with martian and heat vision.

Flash cleans up.

Lex would realize and use his tech to make an army.

Green Lantern can pretty much trump any weapons they use.

ect ect ect

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

They are not doing this.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cable_Extreme

If they exploit everyone's weaknesses then they have a chance. i have no doubt that Deathstroke can take out Green Latern as he did, Batman has kryptonite for superman, Remeber what makes deathstroke and batman so great is thier minds, imagine if the worlds best detective and the worlds best merc/assassin brainstormed on how to beat people. I think they would do well, but if they mess up once then its game over.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

They still die. I wasn't impressed by the Tower of Babel story line when it came to how he defeated Wonder Woman, it seemed like the writers didn't have any real thought and just threw something together. Not to say either Batman nor Deathstroke are pushovers, but without PIS I don't see them surviving. Although I'll admit they should be able to beat some of the less powerful people on the list.

batchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batchimp

okay

Superman- kryptonite

Wonder Woman- rail gun (she'l try to deflect with her braclets not knowing that the bullets are much faster(

Flash (Barry)- place him a situation where he can't slow down till he dies of exhaustion

Green Lantern (Hal)- a no.2 pencil

Aquaman. a hairdryer

Cyborg- a virus

Green Arrow- a gun

Booster Gold- another virus

Martian Manhunter- fire

Apollo- god killer bullet

Midnighter- another gun

Black Lightning- some overly smart way of grounding him

Mister Terrific- a large gun/bomb

Lex Luthor- sniper rifle

Bane- sword through the gut

Grodd- sniper rifle

Cheetah- gun

Killer Frost- a n extremely large flamethrower

Fire- stand inbetween her and ice

Ice- stand inbetween her and fire. then jump

Starfire. have robin seduce her

Donna Troy- rail gun

Wonder Girl- rail gun

Superboy- kryptonite

Power Girl- kryptonite

Major Force- some scientific way of syphoning energy.

now if i can figure that. then them two could be better.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackWind

@Evil Incarnate said:

They still die. I wasn't impressed by the Tower of Babel story line when it came to how he defeated Wonder Woman, it seemed like the writers didn't have any real thought and just threw something together. Not to say either Batman nor Deathstroke are pushovers, but without PIS I don't see them surviving. Although I'll admit they should be able to beat some of the less powerful people on the list.

Basically this.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

DCU stomps

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By MethoKi

@BlackWind: I agree. Wonder Woman's was the only really "eh" one. They had to catch Flash off guard and he thought he could just use his intangibility to let it slip through, but he thought wrong. I guess they can pull off something like in Justice League: Doom and let her kill herself (Wonder Woman). They would have to do all the 'fight's individually to win though.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MAZAHS117

Without a heavy dose of PIS and CIS, I can't see these two would pull this off.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By Pokeysteve

Superman + Flash + WW + Cheetah........there is just no way to compensate for all that speed. The only thing that might help them is that their friends won't want to hurt them but that's where Cheetah comes in =D

@Evil Incarnate said:

That REALLY bothered me too and made little sense. It was off set by how his plan for Kyle was pretty awesome.

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WonderHunter

Aw, man, i really like those two, but really? against this team? ... They die. But they die horribly.

@Evil Incarnate said:

@SHAZAM117 said:

Without a heavy dose of PIS and CIS, I can't see these two would pull this off.
WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WonderHunter

@batchimp: Are you serious? ._. More than half of the things you listed will not work. And Robin? lol, c'mon.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By comicace3

I can't see them winning.... If it was batman from JL Doom they'd have a chance...

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fetts

They need more prep then that. The only way they're winning this is if they create some type of ultimate device. And I'd think they'd need more time to create such a device.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Pokeysteve said:

Superman + Flash + WW + Cheetah........there is just no way to compensate for all that speed. The only thing that might help them is that their friends won't want to hurt them but that's where Cheetah comes in =D

@Evil Incarnate said:

That REALLY bothered me too and made little sense. It was off set by how his plan for Kyle was pretty awesome.

The way he took out Kyle was hilarious! The rest of the crew was very inventive, but as I said earlier the Wonder Woman routine had to many variables more so that could have gone wrong than right. For one it caused for her to somehow be slow enough to get tagged by the nanobot that he used to go into her ear secondly it caused her to have a heart attack. I'm not sure how that would be capable for someone of her durability not to say it isn't, but it seemed like the writers just felt as if no one would question it because Batman said so.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Equonox

@comicace3 said:

I can't see them winning.... If it was batman from JL Doom they'd have a chance...

That movie was basically ripped from the Tower of Babel series...I don't know why you think comic Batman has any less of a chance, given he has the same feats and then some...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Evil Incarnate said:

@Pokeysteve said:

The way he took out Kyle was hilarious! The rest of the crew was very inventive, but as I said earlier the Wonder Woman routine had to many variables more so that could have gone wrong than right. For one it caused for her to somehow be slow enough to get tagged by the nanobot that he used to go into her ear secondly it caused her to have a heart attack. I'm not sure how that would be capable for someone of her durability not to say it isn't, but it seemed like the writers just felt as if no one would question it because Batman said so.

It seemed like she "tired out" pretty fast too. People rave about that story but I bet most of them haven't even read it.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Pokeysteve said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

@Pokeysteve said:

It seemed like she "tired out" pretty fast too. People rave about that story but I bet most of them haven't even read it.

It was just BS all around IMO.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Evil Incarnate said:

@Pokeysteve said:

It was just BS all around IMO.

I agree. It was entertaining but some of the "contingency plans" seemed phoned in by the writers and really distracted from the story.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By comicace3

@Equonox said:

@comicace3 said:

That movie was basically ripped from the Tower of Babel series...I don't know why you think comic Batman has any less of a chance, given he has the same feats and then some...

Hey I'm all for batman and DS winning. I just need proof.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By robertloucksjr

There are a lot of smart people on this DCU list. Bats and DS are not going to be able to take everyone quietly one by one. A lot of them they have little chance of taking even if it is one by one. Once the cat (or should I say bat) is out of the bag, Bats and DS are toast.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Esquire

@batchimp said:

Green Lantern (Hal)- a no.2 pencil

No Caption Provided