• 101 results
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SlimJ87D: If he charged say his staff and threw it in a house again, it wouldn't seem much more different than a bomb in the building. So no, I don't have a problem with it. Gambit has charged his cards before where it has thrown people back a distance without causing much harm. He's also charged armors before where it completely blew part of a guy's torso off. Or did a small charge to a vampire's choker and her head flew off. And he also charged Daken's arm off with a very small charge and Daken has been napalmed without much physical damage and tanked a much larger and powerful blast than what Steve did in that building and only got burnt down to just his musculature.

I see the scan as just being exaggerated due to the size making it flashy, but Gambit wasn't out to seriously maim Steve at all. Gambit's explosions sometimes look a lot worse than they really are. Don't get me wrong, Steve does have enhanced durability, that is evident, but Remy could have just charged the armor to the point to KO a normal human or slightly above that. Steve walks out virtually unscathed so I find it unusable.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By slimj87d

@god_spawn: I think I'ave explained for that I agreed gambit in that scenario could have done so many different things to Cap that Cap really shouldn't have stood a chance but Gambit has morals and he probably just miscaclulated on what he needed to do to KO Cap. I don't take the AVX series too seriously as I have seen thor's hammer travel faster than 2 times the speed of light, Captain America has sprinted faster than 45 mph on 3 or more occasions along with dozens of other facts they stated. AvX definitely isn't a reliable source.

But regardless, I just wanted to showcase that Cap has some enhanced durability and can survive small to large explosions, not to say he can survive Gambits strongest kinetic charge.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SlimJ87D: Fair enough.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BlueHope

Team 1

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By gumflabica

you're giving the prep gods of the multi-verse time to prepare to fight two other street-leveler's? i dont think DS quite solo's, but bats makes it easy.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jashro44

@gumflabica said:

you're giving the prep gods of the multi-verse time to prepare to fight two other street-leveler's? i dont think DS quite solo's, but bats makes it easy.

Black panther is actually really good with prep. Oh and Steve has the time gem...

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who under estimates bartman he will go in the battlethan be like 'IM BATMAN' then the hole world will blow up and bm and ds will be alive due to both of them being badasses

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CalebHara

@SlimJ87D: Finally on a computer that i can respond to this.

No Caption Provided

Ok, you asked me to zoom, in and i did. On the plate it clearly shows that there are two zero's after another number. So whatever weight he is pressing is in the 100's. Look closely, and you can see that the first number is cut off. The remaining resembles a semicircle, with an end, cut off in the middle of the number. This see circle leads up into a straight line. The only number that resembles this is a "5."

Secondly, it is completely possible that this plate is 500 lbs, based on the fact that we don't really see with length of the plate. If this plate were to be very long, That is the only way that that plate could weigh 500 lbs, meaning that Batman could press it. The only way that Bruce could be pressing 1,000 lbs is if the plate was actually that long.

No Caption Provided

In another instance, Bruce is shown benign a weight that would have the same height and width as the one above. However this one is not from a side view, the plates are extremely long, and the weight size seems sufficient enough for it to be considered 1,000 lbs.

Bruce is benching weight that are the same height and width (if not bigger) and seemingly much longer. This means that not only could the first weight be 1,000 lbs, but Bruce can bench it.

The deadlifting scan you showed me is due to very inconsistent writing. Bruce has supported beams from different collapsed building ins an overhead press position. The average beam in a building weighs well over 600 lbs. He has shown the ability to rip vault doors open only using his body, which means that his hands and arms could withstand this weight aswell.

No Caption Provided

You showed me a scan of Cap tossing a 100+ lbs piece of rock around 20 feet. Well, to leave you with another feat to show Batman's strenght, this is him swinging Man-Bat around by a cable. Man Bat weighs about 600 lbs.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By slimj87d

@CalebHara: I have no problem believeing he can bench 1000. I have a problem with that scan being used to say that disc is 500 lbs and he therefore lifts 2 tons. Your original statement had a plus sign in it. "Batman has benched +1,000 lbs aswell." You can actually tell the length. First you see Bruce laying down, you see how long the bench is, you see the supports and with that you know the diameter of the disc and it is impossible for it to fit there. Second, everything is still obscure.

"Supporting" is not lifting. Supporting is very different.

The manbat feat would have been a pretty impressive feat, but it's wrongfully misinterpreted again by the Batman Capability thread. Bruce is talking about all 3 Man-Bats together and him having to deal with all of them. How do I know? A Man-bat weighs 200 lbs and there are three of them. Before you go onto the evidence, first look at Man-Bat and ask yourself if he really weighs more than Bane? Now the evidence, this is not the first time he has been listed at this weight either.

No Caption Provided

If you want, try and tackle down Steve's limits like the Batman not being able to lift 675 lbs from the ground to over his head. What strength feat has he shown limits at? Here are some more feats of Steve's. But his feats are consistently above any peak human. 3 authors state so themselves and they wrote Cap for years. One addresses it and he wrote Batman, DD, Captain America and Iron Fist. Cap is enhanced human.

Throwing 12 lbs through truck.

Throws is shield so fast it catches up to a missile that had a head start.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By MethoKi

I say team 1. Slade would win. Eventually of course and Bruce and Steve would go on and on but I guess after Slade is done, he can help.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sethlol

Deathstroke wins this for team 1.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jashro44

If we are comparing caps strength to black panther then here:

Here are black panthers strength feats for comparison.

• -Black panther lifts a tree
  • -Black panther pushes a really big boulder
  • -Black panther slams someone in the ground causing a mini crater in the ground
  • -Next 2 black panther decapitates robots with his strikes
  • -black panther bull dogs a rhino that is 1 and a half tons.
  • - Next 2 black panther (while exhausted) uses a palm tree as a catapult to kill a dinosaur
  • -next 2 black panther breaks some chains
  • -Black panther lifts his thrown chair which is speculated to weigh a ton
  • -Next 3 he wrestles a giant alligator
  • -next black panther wrestles a 5 ton rhino killing it

Look at the distance black panther leaps. He leaps from building to building.

Here are some for deathstroke now...

I don't have many feats for Slade in strength so I could use some help if people have any....

Personally I don't think cap, black panther or deathstroke have a physical advantage over the other. But I will let you guys compare feats. And I obviously didn't use every feat. Didn't bother posting batmans feats because he isn't as strong as any of them.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By e3zombie

@jashro44: Batman and Cap are not going to be smashing a solid steel door open in one hit. DS is.

Shot in the head and coming back to life, getting hit in the face with a sub (they weigh about 26,000 tonnes, he killed the guy who smashed it over him in the next book, cutting a fly in half with a paper clip.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jashro44

@e3zombie: Batman has thrown someone through a steel door so yes batman is capable of taking a steel door down in a hit. Cap has punched wolverine through a car so I would say he is capable of doing that as well. I never brought up slades healing factor and I am well aware of what it can do, I never called into question his accuracy so I don't see why you are showing the fly scan, and he tanked a submarine due to his nyth metal armor which he doesn't have here. And he killed the guy by shutting the suit which gave the guy super strength with a EMP.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By e3zombie

Pics or it did not happen. Please.

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SteveRogers

@texasdeathmatch said:

@CalebHara: Eh, I think either CA or BP can potentially beat Deathstroke, but Batman's kind of the weak link here. Just my opinion.

Team 2 ftw!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jashro44

@e3zombie said:

Pics or it did not happen. Please.
  1. Please hit the reply button when you respond to me. Nothing annoys me more when I see a comment months later addressed to me that was not in my inbox....

Deathstroke is stronger then batman but I do not think he is stronger then cap.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By e3zombie

I can't right now I am on my ipad and it will not let me

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MethoKi

@SlimJ87D: I thought Steve was peak human like Batman. The only really special things about the SSS is that he has that durability, endurance and precision. everything else like strength, speed and mental capability is on par with Bruce's. I say Team 1

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jashro44

@e3zombie said:

I can't right now I am on my ipad and it will not let me

All right then my apologies.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By slimj87d

@Batman242 said:

@SlimJ87D: I thought Steve was peak human like Batman. The only really special things about the SSS is that he has that durability, endurance and precision. everything else like strength, speed and mental capability is on par with Bruce's. I say Team 1

Well authors of Captain America have described him as absolute peak of humans. If we evolved just to be physically better, he is the end of that evolution. So he is the peak of human genetics without super powers.

If you read the scans from 2 other authors and Ed Brubaker's post, it explains it back there.

Batman is the peak of humans during his centuries time. Captain America is suppose to be the absolute peak of human potential. That's the difference Ed Brubaker described it, he wrote Batman, Catwoman, DD, Iron Fist, Captain America and more.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MethoKi

@SlimJ87D: True, but they still stalemate each other. It's just a matter of who gets lucky and somehow KO's the other like in the crossover. It was due to a technicality but he still beat thim (bats to cap).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By slimj87d

@Batman242 said:

@SlimJ87D: True, but they still stalemate each other. It's just a matter of who gets lucky and somehow KO's the other like in the crossover. It was due to a technicality but he still beat thim (bats to cap).

Yeah, I can agree with that. batman is a genius and has tons of gadgets. He's not bad at fighting either as Batman uses a lot more pressure point and nerve strikes than Steve has. I've only seen Steve do nerve strikes and pressure points maybe 3 times and can only perfectly recall one instance. Captain America lacks as many gadgets but makes up for with his SSS. It's pretty close in any random encounter.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By e3zombie

Now that there is no nth metal I really don't know. This is really hard one.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By theDCkid

I say Bats and Cap are equal, and deathstroke narrowly surpasses Panther. so Team 1 (after an unbelievably difficult battle)

wins.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By e3zombie

I think batman and DS would work make a better team than the other two also

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By comicace3

Team one: Random encounter Batman could take steve and Death-stroke is capable of taking black panther. If he's not than batman and DS jump him.

Team 1: Round 2 goes to them again because DS is amazing at prep and so is batman. I'm not saying the other team isn't but it goes to team 1 IMO.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By darktiger

@Sethlol said:

Deathstroke wins this for team 1.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By krauser99

@e3zombie said:

@jashro44: Batman and Cap are not going to be smashing a solid steel door open in one hit. DS is.

Shot in the head and coming back to life, getting hit in the face with a sub (they weigh about 26,000 tonnes, he killed the guy who smashed it over him in the next book, cutting a fly in half with a paper clip.

Cap has messed up a thick steel door and I'm not just talking about breaking the door from its hinges. The thick steel itself was mangled up/cracking. To other feats like kicking through the door a SHIELD training room.

Cap has also been shot in the head and healed in about 12 minutes. And before anyone mentions that Cap died from bullets. That was a special case.

A. He had strength dampeners on.(Spiderman commented on it)

B. That gun also sent his consciousness to several past times.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CalebHara

@e3zombie said:

Actually, Cap has punched someone through a car, which is at least equal to this feat. And Batman has actually one-upped him in terms of striking. Slade was able to kick through a reinforced steel door. This takes tremendous striking power. However, Batman kick the 200 lbs Bane through a reinforced steel door.

This is a more impressive feat than just kicking through the door. In order for Slade to kick down this door, he had to hit it with enough forced to knock it off of its reinforcements, which are normally built to withstand explosives and such. The force that it takes to do this. Bruce had to kick a 200 pound man with enough force to send him thought the air, and hitting the door with enough force to knock it off of its reinforcements. He had to hit another man with enough force for the kinetic energy of his strike to transfer through his body, and into the door. Automatically takes more force to do this, than to kick through a steel door straight up.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By e3zombie

Very awesome feat for batman.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NeonGameWave

Team 1 should win after a long and tough fight.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ghost_rider1

I'm gonna go with team 2 mainly because batman doesn't have the strength or durability to compete with the other 3

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jashro44

After giving it some thoughts I will go with cap and black panther. Its a pretty even fight on paper but cap and black panther were avengers together and have gone so far as to refer to each other as brothers. Slade and batmans history together has mainly been punching each other in the face. I think the team work of the avengers gives them the win 6/10.

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 win after a tough (and long) fight.

It's a really good match up!

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CalebHara

@jashro44: Very good point. I think you are the only person that has taken team chemistry into consideration here. Bruce and Slade have a mutual respect for each other, a very strong sense of respect i might add. However, its obviously not on the same level as Steven and T'Challa.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jashro44

@CalebHara: Thank you.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Team 2 will win after a tough fight.

Batman is not on the same strength level with the other 3, they are Meta-human, enhanced in every way. BP & Cap has history working well together, they are more versatile.

Cap. can beats Batman, BP can fight DS to a stalemate...it's just the matter of time Cap. finishes Batman and help BP take out DS.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By cooljammy18

@e3zombie said:

I think batman and DS would work make a better team than the other two also

Yeah, two guys who are each other enemies are going to be better teammates than two men who serve together in the Avengers....

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By spiderbuck1

Team 2.

Good match up.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By dondave

Team 1

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#93  Edited By darktiger

@dondave said:

Team 1

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Nelomaxwell

team two.

vj21oq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By vj21oq

team 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh god...

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Team one wins, Black Panther is the MVP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and DS win.

Cap is the weak link.

semiog18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch: i think everyones forgetting that batman has bombs, tasers, and if batman was tryna be lethal would just stick a batarang in caps skull deathstroke would put black panther in the dump deathstroke is almost on par with batmans in fighting skills more than nightwing and lady shiva in terms of strangth and weapons. deathstroke is the strongest superhuman ere and batman has the best weapons no way in hell is CAP AND BP TAKING THIS. HOW DO U THINK THE BAT TAKES ON GRUNDY WITH ELECTRICAL VOLTS IM NOT SURE CAP COULD TAKE THAT. HE AHS GAS THAT HE COULD USE IF U MARVEL FANS START SAYIN THAT BATS TO SLOW TO PUT BOMBS AND TASERS ON CAPS. HE HAS GAS THAT WOULD EASILY KNOCOUT CAP MAKING THIS A 2V1 AND AS IMPRESSIVE AS BP IS DEATHSTROKE COULD HANDLE HIM ALONE. THE GODDARN BAT AND THE BADASS DEATHSTROKE FTW.