• 81 results
#1 Posted by TheComicPro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Moral off

Fight can be won by K.O (for at least 4 hours) or Death

#2 Posted by dondave (36408 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#3 Posted by Iragexcudder (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't this been done to death? Or just flip flipped around..

OP say atleast 4 hours.. Huh. Deadpool can regeraye his whole body in about that time eh?

Eventually, team 1. Deadpool has killed beaten and statemated wolverine a numerous amount of times. Some with Logan coming out on top also. But, Deadpool can't stay unconscious or dead for long so he would kill Deathstroke eventually.. Batman has been a step lower than Slade but I agree that wolvie and DS could both beat him 1on1.

Batman would do enought damage until he dies to give team 1 a victory.

*just following the op

#4 Posted by dorukesin (5587 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by i_like_swords (13941 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't this been done to death? Or just flip flipped around..

OP say atleast 4 hours.. Huh. Deadpool can regeraye his whole body in about that time eh?

Eventually, team 1. Deadpool has killed beaten and statemated wolverine a numerous amount of times. Some with Logan coming out on top also. But, Deadpool can't stay unconscious or dead for long so he would kill Deathstroke eventually.. Batman has been a step lower than Slade but I agree that wolvie and DS could both beat him 1on1.

Batman would do enought damage until he dies to give team 1 a victory.

*just following the op

Or Wolverine could just tell Slade what is required to keep Deadpool unconscious for 4 hours, and they could do it. Once Batman is out of the equation Deadpool's screwed.

#6 Posted by Iragexcudder (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: morals off tho.. And no prep time. Morals off Deadpool is a serious one I suppose so this is sorta even.

#7 Edited by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 for a strong majority.

#8 Edited by i_like_swords (13941 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: morals off tho.. And no prep time. Morals off Deadpool is a serious one I suppose so this is sorta even.

Deadpool serious or not is just as skilled as Slade and Wolverine. What affects the fight is the fact that Slade has that insanely durable armor, and Wolverine is adamantium. Deadpool has a skin tight suit, steel katanas and guns...

#9 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 after a good fight.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder said:

Deadpool serious or not is just as skilled as Slade and Wolverine. What affects the fight is the fact that Slade has that insanely durable armor, and Wolverine is adamantium. Deadpool has a skin tight suit, steel katanas and guns...

No he isn't. Show me when Deadpol has shown the raw technique to incapacitate/kill every single thing that "walks, flies, slithers", knows every martial art on the planet, has been trained by people like the level 7/7 faster Ogun, Kung Fu master Ogun, the Hand Leader Stick, Silver Samurai, Shang Chi, and more. Wade isn't as skilled as James.

He is underrated as a fighter though.

#11 Edited by i_like_swords (13941 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@iragexcudder said:

No he isn't. Show me when Deadpol has shown the raw technique to incapacitate/kill every single thing that "walks, flies, slithers", knows every martial art on the planet, has been trained by people like the level 7/7 faster Ogun, Kung Fu master Ogun, the Hand Leader Stick, Silver Samurai, Shang Chi, and more. Wade isn't as skilled as James.

People say Cap isn't as skilled as Batman because he hasn't "mastered every martial art" like Batman. Then there are others (including you, I think) who say that it doesn't matter about training/experience/knowledge - it's about on panel feats and how characters actually perform in a fight.

So having said that, I think it's fair enough to apply the same logic to Deadpool. He's given Wolverine great fights on numerous occasions as well as others like Taskmaster and Batroc the Leaper.

#12 Edited by MonsterStomp (16887 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Team 2, but I can be swayed. Good fight.

What's the deal with Wolverine, is he still jobbing it or what?

#13 Posted by Iragexcudder (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: agreed.

A serious Deadpool can only be a thought because it's rarely seen. Idk, I'm giving Deadpool my back here

#14 Edited by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@wolverine08 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@iragexcudder said:

People say Cap isn't as skilled as Batman because he hasn't "mastered every martial art" like Batman. Then there are others (including you, I think) who say that it doesn't matter about training/experience/knowledge - it's about on panel feats and how characters actually perform in a fight.

So having said that, I think it's fair enough to apply the same logic to Deadpool. He's given Wolverine great fights on numerous occasions as well as others like Taskmaster and Batroc the Leaper.

Captain America's skill feats aren't even as impressive as Batman's to begin with so it isn't even very consequential to trying to make it an argument that Steve is as skilled as Batman. Training, showings of raw technical skill, and overall martial art knowledge are just as important to determining skill. You need to have a good mix of all to when trying to prove your skill. And when you factor all those things, Deadpool isn't as skilled as Wolverine just like Captain America isn't as skilled as Batman.

Even looking at on panel feats supports the idea that Wolverine is superior in skill to Deadpool. Whereas Wade has never beaten Wolverine in a straight up fight without Wolverine being hindered in some fashion or Deadpool coming in with prep, Wolverine has a legit one on one win against Deadpool when he walked up on him in a Hydra Base and dropped him after a short exchange. Then when you compare feats against other top tier fighters, Wade isn't as good as James.

#15 Posted by i_like_swords (13941 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@wolverine08 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@iragexcudder said:

Captain America's skill feats aren't even as impressive as Batman's to begin with so it isn't even very consequential to trying to make it an argument that Steve is as skilled as Batman. Training, showings of raw technical skill, and overall martial art knowledge are just as important to determining skill. You need to have a good mix of all to when trying to prove your skill. And when you factor all those things, Deadpool isn't as skilled as Wolverine just like Captain America isn't as skilled as Batman.

Even looking at on panel feats supports the idea that Wolverine is superior in skill to Deadpool. Whereas Wade has never beaten Wolverine in a straight up fight without Wolverine being hindered in some fashion or Deadpool coming in with prep, Wolverine has a legit one on one win against Deadpool when he walked up on him in a Hydra Base and dropped him after a short exchange. Then when you compare feats against other top tier fighters, Wade isn't as good as James.

Well, for the sake of what I was trying to put across, let's suggest that Steve is as skilled as Batman in peoples eyes. All I meant by my example is that saying "Batman knows every martial art", or "Batman has 30 years of training", doesn't necessarily mean he's more skilled than Cap. What would make him more skilled is better showings on panel.

I've seen one fight where Wolverine is not holding back and doesn't appear hindered whatsoever and Deadpool still gave him an even fight. I haven't read the one in the Hydra base unfortunately. Could you shed some more light on it (when was it, context ect). I used to have loads of scans saved of Wolverine and Deadpools encounters but unfortunately they're gone..

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Well, most of the people who give Batman a skill advantage over Captain America just do so by going with generalizations and little knowledge. They really do tend to just go off of "Batman knows 127 martial arts!" The serious and knowledgeable debaters who actually give Batman the skill edge over Steve usually do so after factoring things like quality and expounding on training, showings of raw technical skill, overall knowledge of martial arts, and skill feats. Even if Steve had slightly better on panel showings, it would not necessarily make him more skilled than Batman. For example, Deathstroke has been able to pull off things like fighting multiple top tier fighters. Something Batman hasn't been able to do. But when you break everything down, Deathstroke is extremely lacking in showings of raw technical skill, quality and expounding of training, and overall mastery of martial arts in comparison. Slade just fights people of high levels of skill without any indication as to how he is skilled. With this in mind, you could logically go to the conclusion that Slade's pure skill is not an equal to Batman's, and he gets by a combination of skill, enhancements, and prep. Fighting skilled people is fine, but it won't get you to be considered an equal to people like Batman or Wolverine when you are extremely lacking in the other facets that are used to factor skill.

As to Wolverine and Deadpool, most of their fights have had James doing things like sticking his claws beside Wade's head when he could have finished him, etc. In their Hydra base fight (Which I can't find my scans of), Wolverine was beating him fairly handily IIIRC. Even disarmed him and pimped him up against a wall while telling him "Shut.Up." I'm pretty sure @god_spawn would have the scans.

#17 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

5.5/10 in favor of team 2 barely, due to Deathstroke.

Deathstroke >> Deadpool (>)= Wolverine >> Batman

#18 Edited by MonsterStomp (16887 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun: So Slade >>>>> Batman? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

#19 Edited by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun said:

How are Deathstroke and Deadpool better than Wolverine?

#20 Posted by MonsterStomp (16887 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the deal with Wolverine, is he still jobbing it or what?

Yes.

#22 Edited by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3446 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

how dare u insult my favorite comic character. A serious deadpool can and will give wolverine problems. Deadpool has beaten wolverine in the past. Wolverine is better but not by much....especially when bloodlusted

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

how dare u insult my favorite comic character. A serious deadpool can and will give wolverine problems. Deadpool has beaten wolverine in the past. Wolverine is better but not by much....especially when bloodlusted

Only with prep and against a Fatal Attractions Wolverine with a shot healing factor that was letting him bleed out. Deadpool should loses at least 8/10 times to Wolverine. Bloodlusted or not.

#25 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

As to Wolverine and Deadpool, most of their fights have had James doing things like sticking his claws beside Wade's head when he could have finished him, etc. In their Hydra base fight (Which I can't find my scans of), Wolverine was beating him fairly handily IIIRC. Even disarmed him and pimped him up against a wall while telling him "Shut.Up." I'm pretty sure @god_spawn would have the scans.

#26 Posted by MonsterStomp (16887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Damn, Deadpool is a freaking ninja!

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Ah, thanks Jash! You're the man for scans!

#28 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

Damn, Deadpool is a freaking ninja!

Wade is indeed a dangerous commodity while serious. Though he gets overestimated at times with people thinking that a serious Deadpool should take strong majorities over Wolverine and Deathstroke........................................

#30 Posted by MonsterStomp (16887 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: A serious Deadpool could probably hold Wolverine off while Batman is left dealing with Slade. A morals off Batman usually gets overlooked too. He is more willing to kill and can be equally as dangerous with his mindset and gear. I'd still give team 2 the W, but its a tough fight.

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: A serious Deadpool would do a bit better against Wolverine than he usually does, but not to the point where I'd throw my bone to Barman and Deadpool's team. With his inferior skill, he'd probably end up getting disarmed, and summarily cut up by Wolverine. I do agree that a morals off Batman would give Slade a considerably harder fight than usual. Would be fun to see.

Overall, this is a pretty tough fight.

#32 Posted by MonsterStomp (16887 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm changing my vote to team 1. Give them some love.

#33 Posted by Experio (15300 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan and Wade.

#34 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20143 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: A serious Deadpool could probably hold Wolverine off while Batman is left dealing with Slade. A morals off Batman usually gets overlooked too. He is more willing to kill and can be equally as dangerous with his mindset and gear. I'd still give team 2 the W, but its a tough fight.

A serious Deadpool vs. a serious Wolverine would end bad for Deadpool because Wade doesn't have weapons that can stand to Logan's adamantium claws. If he got a durable enough of a weapon I think he'd be able to give Wolverine hell. The only problem is Wolverine has an adamantium skeleton while Wade is still bone. Anyways, Gorgon seemed pretty durable, and from what I've seen Wade is more durable than Gorgon, so I think people need to write Deadpool as more of a badass now, while retaining his comedic flair.

#35 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

A serious Deadpool vs. a serious Wolverine would end bad for Deadpool because Wade doesn't have weapons that can stand to Logan's adamantium claws. If he got a durable enough of a weapon I think he'd be able to give Wolverine hell. The only problem is Wolverine has an adamantium skeleton while Wade is still bone. Anyways, Gorgon seemed pretty durable, and from what I've seen Wade is more durable than Gorgon, so I think people need to write Deadpool as more of a badass now, while retaining his comedic flair.

Gorgon has tanked a RPG while receiving no noticeable injury, and went on to fight Elektra and Wolverine at the same time. I'd agree with Wade's healing factor being better than Gorgon's (It's at a Wolverine level), but his base durability is probably better than Wade's.

#36 Posted by jashro44 (20735 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and wolverine and Deathstroke win.

#37 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20143 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@monsterstomp said:

Gorgon has tanked a RPG while receiving no noticeable injury, and went on to fight Elektra and Wolverine at the same time. I'd agree with Wade's healing factor being better than Gorgon's (It's at a Wolverine level), but his base durability is probably better than Wade's.

While nonchalantly talking in a bar a group of highly skilled, geared and prepped mercenaries take on Deadpool. He gets frozen in the end, but that's only because they were, like stated before, had prep. An RPG should do nothing to Deadpool.

#38 Edited by batmannflash (6214 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Nice scans mate. Always thought something like an RPG would blow Wade to pieces due to not having an adamantium skeleton like some other healers (Wolverine). Looks like I underestimated Wade's durability.

#40 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: that version of Deadpool will always be my version of Deadpool.

He just screamed badass in every early appearance.

#41 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20143 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: Here's Deadpool killing Doris, an incredibly durable and strong monster in seconds after he decks out the lights in DEADPOOL #15 (1997). It just screams badass.

@wolverine08 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Nice scans mate. Always thought something like an RPG would blow Wade to pieces due to not having an adamantium skeleton like some other healers (Wolverine). Looks like I underestimated Wade's durability.

Nowadays he gets dropped by some assault rifle fire. It's BS. Deadpool needs to get written like a badass again. The current run is doing a good job, but they need to make Wade more combat-heavy.

#42 Edited by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I feel you bruh. I get the same pain when I see Wolverine without the healing factor become completely useless in fights and afraid to shave even when he's manned up before and gone at it without the healing factor. It seems like writers have this problem with consistently showing skill with guys sporting insane healing factors. Just lazy writing overall.

#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20143 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I feel you bruh. I get the same pain when I see Wolverine without the healing factor become completely useless in fights and afraid to shave even when he's manned up before and gone at it without the healing factor. It seems like writers have this problem with consistently showing skill with guys sporting insane healing factors. Just lazy writing overall.

They think healing factor is an excuse for ignoring all past achievements (skill, base durability, mentality, etc.). I just hate it. Way's run had its good moments but there were also moments where I wanted to rip my hair out....LIKE WHEN DEADPOOL LOST TO PASTE POT PETE JUST BECAUSE HE LOST HIS HEALING FACTOR. Y'know, ignoring the fact that he took on Hulk without one.

That's exactly like Logan becoming a pansy after losing his healing factor to aliens when he got even more badass when Magneto RIPPED the adamantium out of his body.

#44 Posted by TheComicPro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say team two. Deadpool is too insane and out of control to be effective the the calm and composed Batman. Deathstroke look like they can do some serious damage united.

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say team two. Deadpool is too insane and out of control to be effective the the calm and composed Batman. Deathstroke look like they can do some serious damage united.

What?

#47 Posted by TheComicPro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: my mistake I meant to say Deadpool is too insane and out of control to be effective with calm and composed Batman.

#48 Posted by slade_wilson (448 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun said:

Deathstroke >> Deadpool

Wolverine >> Batman

Does that look better you ya' bub?

#50 Posted by Wolverine08 (41055 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun said:

@wolverine08 said:

@zijuun said:

Deathstroke >> Deadpool

Wolverine >> Batman

Does that look better you ya' bub?

It looked like you were implying that Deadpool is superior to Wolverine in some way.