• 88 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by TripleJShift (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams get 1 day of prep. Fight takes place in a Roman town at night. Gadgets and weapons are allowed. Win by KO.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by MisterGuyMan (1965 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 unless Team 2, specifically Altair has access to the Apple.

#3 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

With the apple it's a stomp in favor of the assassins. Without the apple, it's still possible the assassins could win, especially if Ezio has the Armor of Altair. All 3 of the assassins have a lot of things that are potential one shots on team 1. Poison bombs, grenades, guns and poison darts being the main ones.

Without the apple, I say 6/10 in favor of the assassins.

#4 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2622 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Captain America

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (32259 posts) - - Show Bio

techincally altairs normal stuff IS the apple, since he was 20 he had it so is it no standard equipment?

#6 Posted by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap and Bats 9/10. The Assassin's can't do anything that the heroes can't, and they're definitely better fighters. The only victory they get is from a cherry bomb thrown into a bunch of guards that makes them do that stupid dance, and Connor tags Cap and Batman with arrows as they laugh themselves to death.

#7 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain and batman win

#8 Posted by tomlikesfries (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@TripleJShift said:

Both teams get 1 day of prep. Fight takes place in a Roman town at night. Gadgets and weapons are allowed. Win by KO.

Who wins?

Bats and Cap take it.

Batman with prep is bad@ss.

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

The apple gives the assassins the victory.

#10 Posted by justsomecoolguy (26 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to see capt nd the bat work as a team

#11 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Assassins get the Apple of Eden using their prep time they stomp.

#12 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

If the Assassins get the Apple of Eden using their prep time they stomp.

I don't even think they need prep with the apple. Even a moderately experienced user, (Altair is ridiculously experienced) can kill Humans instantly with it.

#13 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

If the Assassins get the Apple of Eden using their prep time they stomp.

I don't even think they need prep with the apple. Even a moderately experienced user, (Altair is ridiculously experienced) can kill Humans instantly with it.

I am not sure why you read what I put completely wrong. But I meant with the prep time they can go "retrieve" the Apple and use it because it is hidden.

#14 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Laurcus said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

If the Assassins get the Apple of Eden using their prep time they stomp.

I don't even think they need prep with the apple. Even a moderately experienced user, (Altair is ridiculously experienced) can kill Humans instantly with it.

I am not sure why you read what I put completely wrong. But I meant with the prep time they can go "retrieve" the Apple and use it because it is hidden.

Oh, lawl, you're right, my bad. I did entirely misunderstand what you were saying.

#15 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Laurcus said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

If the Assassins get the Apple of Eden using their prep time they stomp.

I don't even think they need prep with the apple. Even a moderately experienced user, (Altair is ridiculously experienced) can kill Humans instantly with it.

I am not sure why you read what I put completely wrong. But I meant with the prep time they can go "retrieve" the Apple and use it because it is hidden.

Oh, lawl, you're right, my bad. I did entirely misunderstand what you were saying.

lol its cool dude.

#16 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Apple, the Assassins stomp

Without the Apple, the Assassin's lose becasue no prep.

#17 Posted by Immortal777 (5920 posts) - - Show Bio

There is absolutely nothing the assassins could do with prep. Batman or Cap would solo with just knock gas.

#18 Posted by cfrehse (989 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassins win. They are from the time period. Well at least ezio does. and they are much better free runners im sure. They have been doing it there entire lives. As for combat they all trained there entire lives to kill with any kind of weopon. Both teams are masters of stealth so i doubt either team could sneak up on eachother. I think it would come down to straight combat. Maybe two on two would have been more fair. Cap has the best chance because he is superhuman. I would put two assassins on cap and one on bat.

#19 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassin's win. Eagle vison/sense, grenades, and/or POEs give them the win.

#20 Posted by nick_hero22 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 is better in pretty much every category

#21 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

You think Batman prep trumps Apple of Eden?

#22 Posted by nick_hero22 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22:

You think Batman prep trumps Apple of Eden?

Batman has contingency plans for the Justice League and has utilize prep to injury Darkseid.

#23 Posted by Dark_Slayor (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in every way. Are any of the assasins even peak human? None of them even stand a chance against modern tech from Bats. Literally, their only chance is the apple, without it they lose.

#24 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Slayor:

Well assuming the AC-Revelations Cinematic trailer is true. He has some impressive feats against multiple opponents, but nothing to even HOPE to beat Captain America or Batman.

#25 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22:

You think Batman prep trumps Apple of Eden?

Batman has contingency plans for the Justice League and has utilize prep to injury Darkseid.

Yes, Batman has come up with contingency plans for the JLA members, but he did so over the course of more than one day. Same with DS. Starting from nothing, I dont see anything that Bats could come up with to counter a POE especially since he has no clue how it works.

@Dark_Slayor said:

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in every way. Are any of the assasins even peak human? None of them even stand a chance against modern tech from Bats. Literally, their only chance is the apple, without it they lose.

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in a few ways, but the assassins are better than either of them in others. With all three of them having superhuman senses, and thus superhuman reaction times, in h2h they are no joke. Add to that they all have a POE and I can see them pulling out the majority.

#26 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap'n and the Bats take the victory after a long, stealthy battle.

#27 Posted by nick_hero22 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22:

You think Batman prep trumps Apple of Eden?

Batman has contingency plans for the Justice League and has utilize prep to injury Darkseid.

Yes, Batman has come up with contingency plans for the JLA members, but he did so over the course of more than one day. Same with DS. Starting from nothing, I dont see anything that Bats could come up with to counter a POE especially since he has no clue how it works.

@Dark_Slayor said:

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in every way. Are any of the assasins even peak human? None of them even stand a chance against modern tech from Bats. Literally, their only chance is the apple, without it they lose.

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in a few ways, but the assassins are better than either of them in others. With all three of them having superhuman senses, and thus superhuman reaction times, in h2h they are no joke. Add to that they all have a POE and I can see them pulling out the majority.

Regardless or not if it took him a day, it's still impressive feat of creativity and tactical genius which is applicable here. Both Batman and Captain America could simply recall their previous tactics and strategies that have contemplated in order to deal with a assortment of metahuman characters with a variety of different abilities and powers.

#28 Edited by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Slayor said:

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in every way. Are any of the assasins even peak human? None of them even stand a chance against modern tech from Bats. Literally, their only chance is the apple, without it they lose.

Connor definitely has superman strength. Not peak human, superhuman. The guy is a freakin' monster. Have you seen how far some of his combos send people through the air? The assassins also all have the ability to sense attacks coming before they happen. (I suppose you could compare it to Spider-Man's spider sense) What you have to realize about the assassins is that they're not fully Human. They're have Precursor DNA, and in the case of those capable of using the Apples of Eden, they possesses powerful recessive traits more similar to full half breeds, instead of those with just distant Precursor ancestors.

I'd also like to point out, with the Apple of Eden, Altair can see the future, and kill with a single thought. How is Batman's prep gonna help against a guy that can see the future and instant kill him?

#29 Posted by TheBlackLantern (33 posts) - - Show Bio

With the apple the assassins have this, without the apple the assassins lose badly. Team 1 are more talented fighters than the assassins and are both peak human, Batman with his gadgets and his prep and Cap with his shield should win this in a stomp.

#30 Edited by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Captain America or Batman can solo.

Captain America is better than the assassins in every way, stronger, faster, more agile, he even has enhanced senses (not on Daredevil or Wolverines level), and way better than them in H2H.

Batman (I'm not that knowledgeable about Batman, so most of this is from the forum) is most likely faster, stronger and more agile than them as well, and obviously a better H2H fighter also, and prep of course.

This is, of course, assuming they don't have the apple.

#31 Posted by NeonGameWave (7207 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat and Cap take this. But the assassins do have a chance as well.

#32 Posted by ChaosMarvel (987 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats and Cap stomp

#33 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22:

You think Batman prep trumps Apple of Eden?

Batman has contingency plans for the Justice League and has utilize prep to injury Darkseid.

Yes, Batman has come up with contingency plans for the JLA members, but he did so over the course of more than one day. Same with DS. Starting from nothing, I dont see anything that Bats could come up with to counter a POE especially since he has no clue how it works.

@Dark_Slayor said:

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in every way. Are any of the assasins even peak human? None of them even stand a chance against modern tech from Bats. Literally, their only chance is the apple, without it they lose.

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in a few ways, but the assassins are better than either of them in others. With all three of them having superhuman senses, and thus superhuman reaction times, in h2h they are no joke. Add to that they all have a POE and I can see them pulling out the majority.

Regardless or not if it took him a day, it's still impressive feat of creativity and tactical genius which is applicable here. Both Batman and Captain America could simply recall their previous tactics and strategies that have contemplated in order to deal with a assortment of metahuman characters with a variety of different abilities and powers.

Yes, it is an impressive feat, and it proves that with ample time Batman can do just about anything (*cough* PIS *cough*), but that isn't the case here since he doesn't have the time and he is up against portentially 3 POEs; 2 apples, and personal shield, not to mention the inate abilites of each of the assassins.

As Laurcus said, through the apple Altair has been able to see the future, and through eagle vision/sense, both Conner and Ezio has been able to see the past and read future events on the fly (in combat mainly).

This fight is definitely not a stomp for either side, but the AC team takes majority.

#34 Posted by Dark_Slayor (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

@Dark_Slayor said:

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in every way. Are any of the assasins even peak human? None of them even stand a chance against modern tech from Bats. Literally, their only chance is the apple, without it they lose.

Connor definitely has superman strength. Not peak human, superhuman. The guy is a freakin' monster. Have you seen how far some of his combos send people through the air? The assassins also all have the ability to sense attacks coming before they happen. (I suppose you could compare it to Spider-Man's spider sense) What you have to realize about the assassins is that they're not fully Human. They're have Precursor DNA, and in the case of those capable of using the Apples of Eden, they possesses powerful recessive traits more similar to full half breeds, instead of those with just distant Precursor ancestors.

I'd also like to point out, with the Apple of Eden, Altair can see the future, and kill with a single thought. How is Batman's prep gonna help against a guy that can see the future and instant kill him?

Superhuman strength? Sending people airbourne? Senses comparable to spidersense? Precusor DNA? I've played all the AC's on console and I haven't heard any of these stats and feats. Maybe they elaborate on this more in the expanded universe, but to my knowledge these guys are probably olympic in all categories minus strength(Connor may be, since he is definately the strongest out of the three).

Like I said, Batman and Cap are more skilled h2h and stronger and faster than these guys. Batman's tech are leapsand bounds over these dudes. Without the apple the Assasins lose.

BTW what is POE? I'm lost.

#35 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Slayor said:

@Laurcus said:

@Dark_Slayor said:

Batman and Cap are better than the Assassins in every way. Are any of the assasins even peak human? None of them even stand a chance against modern tech from Bats. Literally, their only chance is the apple, without it they lose.

Connor definitely has superman strength. Not peak human, superhuman. The guy is a freakin' monster. Have you seen how far some of his combos send people through the air? The assassins also all have the ability to sense attacks coming before they happen. (I suppose you could compare it to Spider-Man's spider sense) What you have to realize about the assassins is that they're not fully Human. They're have Precursor DNA, and in the case of those capable of using the Apples of Eden, they possesses powerful recessive traits more similar to full half breeds, instead of those with just distant Precursor ancestors.

I'd also like to point out, with the Apple of Eden, Altair can see the future, and kill with a single thought. How is Batman's prep gonna help against a guy that can see the future and instant kill him?

Superhuman strength? Sending people airbourne? Senses comparable to spidersense? Precusor DNA? I've played all the AC's on console and I haven't heard any of these stats and feats. Maybe they elaborate on this more in the expanded universe, but to my knowledge these guys are probably olympic in all categories minus strength(Connor may be, since he is definately the strongest out of the three).

Like I said, Batman and Cap are more skilled h2h and stronger and faster than these guys. Batman's tech are leapsand bounds over these dudes. Without the apple the Assasins lose.

BTW what is POE? I'm lost.

POE stands for Piece of Eden.

Connor's physical strength is best shown when you use a sword for your main weapon. Some of his kill streaks, (like the shoulder bash) knock people a fairly impressive distance into the air.

Eagle Vision is the canonical reason why you see icons over enemies' heads before they attack. It's the animus compensating for the ancestor's heightened senses. Think of it this way. When firing lines target Connor, and no matter what direction you're facing, it shows a yellow icon over the head of every enemy, and pushing the jump button allows you to grab an enemy and use him as a meatshield, how does Connor know to do this?

The Precursor DNA is mentioned several times in the games, though rarely in an extremely direct sense. The Pieces of Eden are DNA coded, to prevent humans from using them. The First Civilization, (finally given the name Precursors by Haytham Kenway) used humans as a slave race, controlling them with the Pieces of Eden. Some Precursors mated with humans though, which created the halfbreeds Adam and Eve. Because of their DNA, they were immune to the effects of the Apple, (like Altair in AC1 when Al Mualim tries to control him) so they were able to steal an Apple and break out of their factory. This is what you see in The Truth video in AC2 when you solve all the glyphs. Adam and Eve started the human-Precursor war, and helped free humans from the Precursors. It was their children that became the first Assassins and Templars. This is why people on both sides can use the Pieces of Eden. Did you ever wonder why the glass sphere with Juno only responded to Connor, and not any other people from his tribe? Or why Desmond's father said in Revelations that the Apple wouldn't respond to him? It's because they didn't have the right DNA, because the gene that allows the Pieces of Eden to be used is a recessive trait. Not everyone in a family line gets it, but some direct descendents of Adam and Eve do.

#36 Posted by Bossmonster (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really see any way that the Assassin's can defeat those type. To be completely honest, I believe that Bruce could solo this. I believe the Assaassin's should be the only ones to get prep. With Batman's resourses, what could he not learn about the Assassin's? Cap still has access to Sheild datebases. Batman, is a master of Ninja arts from japan. I honestly think that puts him right in the same league as team 2 but better because he has been able to stealth attack Superpower indviduals. Cap also isn't a push over going toe to toe with memeber of Hydra and The Hand on different occasions. Lastly the over all Tech difference is insane. While the Apple is powerful, is it not possible for Batman within a day to develop a counter measure to that. More whatif he worked with Shield to do this. That would really be all the prep they needed. Standard handguns and such would not effect Batman. THe shield stops this for Cap. Hell, could Cap block the Apple with his Shield or is it more like and AOE attack? I think this is a total wash in favor of team 1.

#37 Posted by hudyman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you people forgotten that batman is or was in the Justice league. The justice league have fought aliens and Incredibly evolved civilisations More civilised than the Precursors.

Both batman and Captain america have fought foes who are more powerful and advanced than the assassins and precursors by lightyears.

@Laurcus said:

Connor's physical strength is best shown when you use a sword for your main weapon. Some of his kill streaks, (like the shoulder bash) knock people a fairly impressive distance into the air.

Eagle Vision is the canonical reason why you see icons over enemies' heads before they attack. It's the animus compensating for the ancestor's heightened senses. Think of it this way. When firing lines target Connor, and no matter what direction you're facing, it shows a yellow icon over the head of every enemy, and pushing the jump button allows you to grab an enemy and use him as a meatshield, how does Connor know to do this?

The Precursor DNA is mentioned several times in the games, though rarely in an extremely direct sense. The Pieces of Eden are DNA coded, to prevent humans from using them. The First Civilization, (finally given the name Precursors by Haytham Kenway) used humans as a slave race, controlling them with the Pieces of Eden. Some Precursors mated with humans though, which created the halfbreeds Adam and Eve. Because of their DNA, they were immune to the effects of the Apple, (like Altair in AC1 when Al Mualim tries to control him) so they were able to steal an Apple and break out of their factory. This is what you see in The Truth video in AC2 when you solve all the glyphs. Adam and Eve started the human-Precursor war, and helped free humans from the Precursors. It was their children that became the first Assassins and Templars. This is why people on both sides can use the Pieces of Eden. Did you ever wonder why the glass sphere with Juno only responded to Connor, and not any other people from his tribe? Or why Desmond's father said in Revelations that the Apple wouldn't respond to him? It's because they didn't have the right DNA, because the gene that allows the Pieces of Eden to be used is a recessive trait. Not everyone in a family line gets it, but some direct descendents of Adam and Eve do.

Being able to predict when an opponent is about to attack IS not being able to see the future. Batman can do that too. infact watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z686irMELFA Watch it from 15:30 TO 17:45

Batman fights a time master who can predict every single thing you do and rewind time. What can ezio or connor do to counter that.

Get real people these over estimated assassins cannot do anything to batman

#38 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1...well, stomps

Anything the Assassins can do, they can do a lot better. (Heck, Batman would be a better assassin than Ezio.)

#39 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep or no prep, the assassins are completely out-classed. PERIOD.

#40 Posted by MisterGuyMan (1965 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a stomp either way. Normally Batman/Cap stomp this. Give the Assassins the Apple and they stomp this.

#41 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster: @hudyman:

You guys are really over estimating Batman and under estimating the Assassins. I understand giving Bats a ton of credit due to him being a part of the JLA and having met with and fighting aliens and such, but with out specific instances being put up as examples, you guy are saying much.

The precursor race was advanced enough to use math to predict hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of years into the future, and their tech survived all that time in tact. The assassin's have used and fought against people using those artifacts so they have seen their fair share of super human ordeals. That's not to mention taking on armies (each of them) alone...oh and succeeding.

#42 Posted by hudyman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Would you like me to give you some races that are more advanced than the precoursers?

#43 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman:

Sure, why not. We don't even know how advanced the percursors truly were, but if you have proof the Batman owned an advanced alien (race) with one day prep, I'd love to see it.

#44 Edited by hudyman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: The Appellaxians

#45 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@onilordasmodeus: The Appellaxians

OK? What am I suppose to gather from this?

#46 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

Are people really using game play mechanics as feats???

#47 Posted by hudyman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Research them and how advanced they were

#48 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman:

You want me to make your case for you?

#49 Posted by hudyman (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: i'm kind of multitasking right now so go ahead and be my guest

#50 Posted by Bossmonster (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Wait, how is it an over estimation of Batman? Darksied was considered and Old "God" and Batman threw hands with him. Brainiac. Amazzo. Superboy Prime. Those are just some names I thought of off the top that Bruce has history dealing with. Some if not all of which, he was able to stop with the use of his vast knowledge and prep time for them.

Minus the specific advanced tech unique to the games, please list a feat that any of he assassins have that Bruce does not have. Are there any enemies with in the Templar with the guile, motivation, resources and genius the caliber of say Lex Luthor . Hell, Gorilla Grodd even?? Is the tech as advanced and dangerous as that produced by say Brainic?

Honestly, you can not say this is the case. I'm not saying that the Assassins are not cool/skilled/ect. I'm saying that everything that they have done as a faction, Bruce has at some point done single handed.

That's not to mention taking on armies (each of them) alone

Link to the above statement for proof please. I do not believe this has happened.