batman 1million vs wolverine

hulkvshulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll batman 1million vs wolverine (9 votes)

.. 22%
.. 22%
.. 33%

wolverine gets 50 days of prep

batman 1 mil gets 10 days of prep

batlle takes place in newyork

vs

• 
noiseinmyblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a troll? List all of the things Wolverine has done involving prep beyond getting extra cigars and beer. Batman One Million with 10 minutes (let alone 10 days) prep is infinitely more dangerous than Wolverine with 50 days.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine users his 50 days prep to live life as much as possible, in the end Batman take his soul..

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sync1

Wolverine uses his 50 days of prep to get out of town and hire a bodyguard to try to stop the inevitable.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

With prep Batman wins quite easily. In a random encounter Wolverine would take this.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By russellmania77

Batman

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

Bats pretty handily

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sync1

With prep Batman wins quite easily. In a random encounter Wolverine would take this.

Actually, i think 1m would defeat Wolverine in a random encounter.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: How? Batman 1M has very few feats and none that could be made into an argument for beating Wolverine. Espiceally as Batman 1M's feats are against normal humans or un-established characters.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOM, B1M, Batonemil ......... I can't call him Bruce, Batman One/1 Million is too generic ..... gotta call him something.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: How? Batman 1M has very few feats and none that could be made into an argument for beating Wolverine. Espiceally as Batman 1M's feats are against normal humans or un-established characters.

He simply outmatches him due to the incredibly advanced technology.

He can mental attack him:

http://imageshack.us/a/img81/5233/bats1mm8.jpg

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@sync1: Wolverine is immune to telepathy and Batman 1M has used soul-steal twice and both times the enemy was KO'd. If this could work in an all out fight he could simply one-shot anyone by using soul-steal rather than drag the fight out but he can't due to fact that the enemy has to be KO'd to do it. Something he lacks the strength and overall stats to do to Logan anyway.

Batman is nowhere near as fast, as durable or as skilled a fighter as Wolverine. Using this scan only proves my previous point that Batman 1M only has feats against humans or un-established characters. Wolverine has much better feats against far better established characters.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

With 10 days of prep Batman 1M would win.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: Wolverine is immune to telepathy and Batman 1M has used soul-steal twice and both times the enemy was KO'd. If this could work in an all out fight he could simply one-shot anyone by using soul-steal rather than drag the fight out but he can't due to fact that the enemy has to be KO'd to do it. Something he lacks the strength and overall stats to do to Logan anyway.

Batman is nowhere near as fast, as durable or as skilled a fighter as Wolverine. Using this scan only proves my previous point that Batman 1M only has feats against humans or un-established characters. Wolverine has much better feats against far better established characters.

Then he simply duplicates himself.

http://imageshack.us/a/img81/9430/bats8zk1.jpg

Batman 1m, supposedly, is the best fighter in DC.

Theoretically, he should be able to defeat Wolverine pretty easily.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@sync1: How does duplication help someone with someone with enhanced senses? Wolverine has seen through illusions, duplications and can even tell the difference between Kaine and Peter despite the fact they are clones of each other. Duplication is worse than useless here. Wolverine will be able to tell which one is the real one without much trouble.

He's supposedly the best fighter and yet he's never beaten any super-human of note. I'll take feats that can actually back-up said character's ability to fight than simple assumptions on what he "may or may not" be able to do due to a serve lack of any credibe feats any day.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92

1m also has incredible durability, speed, and strength to take down Logan.

If anything, he KO's Logan for the win. (assuming standard elimination)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@sync1 said:

@strider92

1m also has incredible durability, speed, and strength to take down Logan.

If anything, he KO's Logan for the win. (assuming standard elimination)

Wolverine has been able to tag Spider-man in the past as well as many other fast superhumans Batman 1M has no such feats.

Multi-tonners have been unable to KO Logan. Heck he's taking beatings from 50-100tonners and remained concious what makes you think Batman can come close to KOing him?

That scan of Batman 1M is a standard street-level feat. Street levelers have walked throyugh fire quite easily without much discomfort and without the aid of an advanced suit what makes that scan such a good feat? Its quite low-end one in regards to other street-levelers.

Logan has the feats to make to make him faster (both in movement and reflexes), far more durable, stronger (unless BM1M has a feat i'm unaware of) and vastly more durable. In a Random Encounter Wolverine has every advantage over Batman 1M and the feats to back it up.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dextersinister

@strider92 said:

@sync1: Wolverine is immune to telepathy

No he isn't, far from it. Sometimes writers say he has some mental training to at best resist it but then they do the same with Batman.

He's been floored by teen Jean by accident who was easily overpowered by the Stepford Cuckoo's. Gorgon who is limited to basic mind reading had no trouble, Quintin Quire has no trouble, Legion using one of his weaker telepaths floored him and so on.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: Last time I checked he had telepathic defenses set up by Xavier. All those characters have far superior feats to anything Batman 1M has done with TP anyway. His only feat is flooring someone who has absolutely no resistance to TP at all.

@god_spawn@super_soldierxii can either of you shed some light on this? I thought Logan had a good resistance to TP.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman 1M is much stronger, faster and much more skilled than Wolverine, Bats would win even in random encounter with ease.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman 1M is much stronger, faster and much more skilled than Wolverine, Bats would win even in random encounter with ease.

Based on what?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

Based on what?

Based on his official DC biography, I know that he doesn't have feats, no need to remind me that :P, but it is said he's IQ is 1045, he knows every martial art known to man, and many more from across the universe. He is DC's best fighter and surpassing Karate Kid. He knows more than 1000 martial arts lol. He is better acrobat than Nightwing and his marksmanship is better than Green Arrow's. His suits allows him to lift 25 tons if I remember corectly, he can fly, steal souls etc. He's patroling entire galaxy lol and is the ruler of planet Pluto.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dextersinister

@strider92 said:

@dextersinister: Last time I checked he had telepathic defenses set up by Xavier. All those characters have far superior feats to anything Batman 1M has done with TP anyway. His only feat is flooring someone who has absolutely no resistance to TP at all.

and Superman is occasionally stated to have telepathic blocks from Martian Manhunter but these things only help them as much as the writer wants them to, as it stands moments of Wolverine having his mind read or being telepathically manipulated vastly outway the occasional showing of resistance and didn't I give Gorgon as an example all he can do is read minds so how is that superior to knocking someone out?

Isn't that Batman he's flooring? Batman has a much better ratio of resisting telepathy over Wolverine.

How can you possibly say that Wolverine is superior to Batman outside of his skeleton and healing factor. Even Wolverine fans complain about how often he is portrayed as a simple brawler and how often he jobs.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strider1992

Based on his official DC biography, I know that he doesn't have feats, no need to remind me that :P, but it is said he's IQ is 1045, he knows every martial art known to man, and many more from across the universe. He is DC's best fighter and surpassing Karate Kid. He knows more than 1000 martial arts lol. He is better acrobat than Nightwing and his marksmanship is better than Green Arrow's. His suits allows him to lift 25 tons if I remember corectly, he can fly, steal souls etc. He's patroling entire galaxy lol and is the ruler of planet Pluto.

I will concede to the skill due to DC acknowleding it however I would like to see evidence of him being faster, a better marksman that GA and a better acrobatic than Nightwing (although only the speed would have any effect of on this fight). Flight isn't a huge factor here and stealing souls is only ever achieved when the opponent is KO'd rendering a mute point.

Isn't that Batman he's flooring? Batman has a much better ratio of resisting telepathy over Wolverine.

I've just called the two Wolverine experts to answer this question as I always thought Logan had a very good tolerence to TP.

How can you possibly say that Wolverine is superior to Batman outside of his skeleton and healing factor. Even Wolverine fans complain about how often he is portrayed as a simple brawler and how often he jobs.

You just ansered your own question. In battles the character is always fighting at peak ability unless otherwise stated (you can even check it out in the rules section) and PIS/Jobbing is ignored as they are generally low-balls of said character.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Um no,and while he's not as fast the difference isn't as great as you're making out to be.

First of all this Batman operates a prison in Pluto,he just kicks Wolverine there,it's a horrible stomp.

Secondly Wolverine is not immune,you do realize what immunity means dont you? he has safeguards planted in to his head but that doesn't make him immune and honestly if Batman cant soul steal as you claim then I dont see why Wolverine can withstand a telepathic martial art(not normal tp),also Wolverine's immunity would render Mr X useless,and Gorgon deprived of an advantage so I dont see it as very useful from a story telling perspective.

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:
@dextersinister said:

You just ansered your own question. In battles the character is always fighting at peak ability unless otherwise stated (you can even check it out in the rules section) and PIS/Jobbing is ignored as they are generally low-balls of said character.

Then how would it not be an easy win for B1M? Whether random encounter or prep battle.

Wolverine has next to no prep feats

and in a random encounter, even Bruce Wayne has things that are able to slow down, freeze, etc. Wolverine. B1M, as already stated, is a better fighter than KK, an overkill genius, Batman is able to dodge bullets and lift over 1 ton (easily), so B1M can do that, at the very least. I'm not sure how fast Wolverine actually is, but I highly doubt he is so much faster than B1M, that B1M won't be able to react and use his belt and/or martial arts.

Edit: Also, we don't need to see scans of B1M to know what he can do. Just look at feats and scans of Batman. B1M can do all of that, at the very least.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dextersinister

@strider92:

Yes peak ability assuming that neither one enters the fight with a bullet wound and is fighting to win. Not ignoring all their bad showings and only using the good.

Actually you don't ignore jobbing you only ignore PIS as PIS is simply a set-up to make someone look threatening and can make sense. For example Spiderman beating Firelord is PIS and jobbing but Spiderman being beaten by a new villains is jobbing but not PIS if this new character is suppose to be better than him.

If a character such as Wolverine who is suppose to be one of the greatest martial artists is outmaneuvered occasionally it could be considered PIS but when it happens often then it's the title that comes into question and not the showings.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn@super_soldierxii can either of you shed some light on this? I thought Logan had a good resistance to TP.

Despite Logan having been given level 9 TP shields by Xavier, he does tend to get floored by Telepaths - but mostly those who are level 10 (strange how that works). Namely, most of those listed by dexter. Baby Jean, however, is Bendis being an a$$. Most write that off as WIS as she should not have been able to punch through Logan's defenses so easily. Mostly because Logan has recently undergone extra training with Rachel Summers. His brain has been wiped and tampered with so much throughout his century long life, that there are loopholes making him susceptible. Those loopholes have since been managed though. His mind should be extremely hard to tamper with. Coupled with his enhanced senses, he ain't easy to fool

Due to the recent upgrade in his mental defenses, and due to the fact the Baby Jean showing came after, I call foul on the Bendis bullcrap.

In short, aside from level 10 TPers, Wolverine is a very hard nut to crack. He's resisted Jean, Emma (on a few occasions) and even Xavier himself to a degree. Heck, Xavier warned against trying to delve into Wolverine's mind many a time back in the Claremont days, as it was extremely dangerous for all save the very best TPers on the planet to attempt to do so. When Mesmero enslaved the X-Men, Wolverine was the first to resist and break free.

Like his fighting abilities, there's a frustratingly high level of inconsistency, but the modern consensus is Wolverine has level 9 shields in place, coupled with recent training by Rachel Summers to make them more airtight.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@entropy_aegis said:

@strider92 said:

Um no,and while he's not as fast the difference isn't as great as you're making out to be.

First of all this Batman operates a prison in Pluto,he just kicks Wolverine there,it's a horrible stomp.

Secondly Wolverine is not immune,you do realize what immunity means dont you? he has safeguards planted in to his head but that doesn't make him immune and honestly if Batman cant soul steal as you claim then I dont see why Wolverine can withstand a telepathic martial art(not normal tp),also Wolverine's immunity would render Mr X useless,and Gorgon deprived of an advantage so I dont see it as very useful from a story telling perspective.

Mister X was retrofitted. Not sure about Gorgon - but we're not altogether sure exactly how his power works either (i.e a "form" of TP). Their abilities to read an opponent's moves were more akin to mapping onto brainwaves and reacting immediately and automatically to their moves, than actually "reading their minds". The idea of which was a little stupid to begin with. Cognitive thought is infinitely slower than a fighter's instinct and reaction / action response mechanism. A fighter's moves are based mostly on muscle memory honed through years of training - no way to read ones mind, deduce their moves, let alone fast enough to counter them.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dextersinister

@strider92 said:

Despite Logan having been given level 9 TP shields by Xavier, he does tend to get floored by Telepaths - but mostly those who are level 10 (strange how that works). Namely, most of those listed by dexter. Baby Jean, however, is Bendis being an a$$. Most write that off as WIS as she should not have been able to punch through Logan's defenses so easily. Mostly because Logan has recently undergone extra training with Rachel Summers. His brain has been wiped and tampered with so much throughout his century long life, that there are loopholes making him susceptible. Those loopholes have since been managed though. His mind should be extremely hard to tamper with. Coupled with his enhanced senses, he ain't easy to fool

Due to the recent upgrade in his mental defenses, and due to the fact the Baby Jean showing came after, I call foul on the Bendis bullcrap.

In short, aside from level 10 TPers, Wolverine is a very hard nut to crack. He's resisted Jean, Emma (on a few occasions) and even Xavier himself to a degree. Heck, Xavier warned against trying to delve into Wolverine's mind many a time back in the Claremont days, as it was extremely dangerous for all save the very best TPers on the planet to attempt to do so. When Mesmero enslaved the X-Men, Wolverine was the first to resist and break free.

Like his fighting abilities, there's a frustratingly high level of inconsistency, but the modern consensus is Wolverine has level 9 shields in place, coupled with recent training by Rachel Summers to make them more airtight.

I remember that moment, Logan says to Emma I have number x telepathic shields and she says she is a higher level than that. That's why I gave the example of Superman mentioning that he has mental blocks but like a lot of things within the comic verse unless it's a major part of the character it will often be ignored or forgotten about when the next character comes along and this goes double for the X-Men. How Emmas diamond form reacted in regards to other telepaths changed constantly from writer to writer, immunity, simply more resistantant, weak against.

Even the level system is adopted by all writers as there are multiple ways of ranking mutants and there abilities and a new one is introduced about every 5 years and as I said he has been mind read by Gorgon and one of Legions weaker telepaths and these are only the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

There is no fully formed consensus on Wolverine. He is one of if not thee most fractured comic book characters ever spread across multiple titles under different writers and you can bet your ass they don't all use the same playbook.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By nefarious

Batman 1M's soul stealer is OVERRATED and a massive hax.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

Aside from that showing (there are others highlighting the shields Logan has in place), he's also resisted her attempts to stop him from beating on Scott and failed. And yes, I agree Wolverine is everywhere, written by every writer under the sun, and can on a whole be considered fairly "fractured" as a result. Writers use whatever best promotes their "plot" far, far too often to the detriment of the character's consistency.

As for Gorgon, like I said, his TP is very much "up in the air". No one's really taken the time to delineate with any measure of clarity the extent of his purportedly TP based "move reading" abilities. He certainly couldn't TP "move read" DD coming up on him from behind that's for damn sure. One thing is clear, you cannot possibly react fast enough by cognitively reading one's mind. Reaction bypasses the reflective thought processes. Writer's eventually caught onto this and retrofitted Mister X accordingly. Gorgon would have to mirror a Mister X type deal, in which his reflexes can map directly onto an opponent's brainwaves reacting instantaneously ...

Gorgon is a failed reference as a result of his power set being less than clear IMHO. He's not billed outright as a "low level" telepath.

One thing is certain, Wolverine's resisted telepathy as much, or more than, he's succumbed. He's received level 9 shields, plus additional training from Rachel Summers, the TP hound par excellence.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#34 god_spawn  Moderator

@strider92: SS hit it on the head. Logan's telepathic resistance is one of the few things that is more inconsistent than his fighting skills, and we at least have a legitimate reasoning for his fighting skills in the fact that he is just lazy sometimes. His telepathic/mind control showings have gone from pushing Psylocke out of his head due to going berserk,, pushing Mesmero out of his head, Ogun couldn't control it due how fractured and beastial it is, and Elektra couldn't communicate with his thoughts, Gorgon did however. He's also been taken out by Emma. Teen Jean. Xavier. Etc etc. So it varies.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Batman One Million has absolutely retarded tech on Pluto, give him 10 days of prep and he'll murder Logan's entire family.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wolverine can't die. That is why he would kill Batman.

Logan's 50 day's of prep: Sitting at the beach with Howard the Duck smoking cigars and drinking beer.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman 1Mill stomps.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii:

Aside from that showing (there are others highlighting the shields Logan has in place), he's also resisted her attempts to stop him from beating on Scott and failed. And yes, I agree Wolverine is everywhere, written by every writer under the sun, and can on a whole be considered fairly "fractured" as a result. Writers use whatever best promotes their "plot" far, far too often to the detriment of the character's consistency.

There are more where it hasn't been acknowledge at all. She has taken complete control of him when he was fighting Beast and in the example I gave with Legion he came up against resistance in the form of mental training in all the X-Men not blocks and Logan was the one that fell to telepathy, the rest to an assortment of powers he was pulling at random.

As for Gorgon, like I said, his TP is very much "up in the air". No one's really taken the time to delineate with any measure of clarity the extent of his purportedly TP based "move reading" abilities. He certainly couldn't TP "move read" DD coming up on him from behind that's for damn sure. One thing is clear, you cannot possibly react fast enough by cognitively reading one's mind. Reaction bypasses the reflective thought processes. Writer's eventually caught onto this and retrofitted Mister X accordingly. Gorgon would have to mirror a Mister X type deal, in which his reflexes can map directly onto an opponent's brainwaves reacting instantaneously ...

How a characters power should work work is far less important than theme for instance Logans healing factor cannot be anything less than magical as he is able to regain flesh from thin air and even if it was useless in an actual combat scenario he is still able to read his mind which is all that matters in this instance, I highly doubt he would be considered a high level telepath but as with most writers they don't even acknowledge the blocks

One thing is certain, Wolverine's resisted telepathy as much, or more than, he's succumbed. He's received level 9 shields, plus additional training from Rachel Summers, the TP hound par excellence.

I've acknowledged that he has received those blocks in one title but as shown with my Superman example that aspect the character doesn't exist if most writers don't acknowledge it especially if it's a unimportant aspect of the character. Realistically there is no reason most X-Men shouldn't be running around with these blocks but as they are on a team it is ok for them to fall prey to a telepath for the sake of drama.

noiseinmyblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The TP debate can rage on... except that you are ignoring the amount of prep time that B1M is getting. His 10 days of prep, given how intelligent he is and how advanced the technology he has access to is, should be more than enough to compensate. He could easily use part of a day to discover the limits of Wolverine's mental defenses and any other weaknesses he can exploit. Wolverine can't do much of anything with his prep to gain useful intelligence on B1M. B1M doesn't need knowledge of Wolverine, he has more prep than he needs to take him out.

I was a big Wolverine fan growing up. But as I learned about more complex and ability-laden characters, I realized how outclassed he is in many scenarios. Wolverine has never really evolved beyond his original skill set. Healing factor, agility, fighting skill, acute senses, and.... and? It's actually sort of disappointing.

As for B1M not having many feats, well. B1M wrecked Batman like Germany did to Poland in 1939. His abilities and the amount of prep he has make anything Wolverine can do and has going for him irrelevant. Unless he can use that amount of prep to call the rest of the X-Men or Avengers in for help.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hmmm... I guess 15,000 years of martial arts knowledge and having an IQ of 1200+ i'll give it to Batman even in a random encounter... With prep would be a stomp imo.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The TP debate can rage on... except that you are ignoring the amount of prep time that B1M is getting. His 10 days of prep, given how intelligent he is and how advanced the technology he has access to is, should be more than enough to compensate. He could easily use part of a day to discover the limits of Wolverine's mental defenses and any other weaknesses he can exploit. Wolverine can't do much of anything with his prep to gain useful intelligence on B1M. B1M doesn't need knowledge of Wolverine, he has more prep than he needs to take him out.

I was a big Wolverine fan growing up. But as I learned about more complex and ability-laden characters, I realized how outclassed he is in many scenarios. Wolverine has never really evolved beyond his original skill set. Healing factor, agility, fighting skill, acute senses, and.... and? It's actually sort of disappointing.

As for B1M not having many feats, well. B1M wrecked Batman like Germany did to Poland in 1939. His abilities and the amount of prep he has make anything Wolverine can do and has going for him irrelevant. Unless he can use that amount of prep to call the rest of the X-Men or Avengers in for help.

I really don't think anyone is arguing Batman 1M doesn't stomp this with prep ... especially considering the tech at his disposal.