• 96 results
#1 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Using film version of both characters

BATMAN(Micheal Keaton) Equipped with all gadgets,gear and using feats from the BM1989 and BM returns Film

BATMAN The Dark Knight(Christian Bale) Equipped all gadgets,gear and using feats from BM Begins and BM The Dark Knight.

Both have BATMAN Mobiles,but not the one that can fly

Rules;

Hand to Hand combat and Mili weapons

Morals on

8 hours prep

Both Having Tracking devices to find each other

BATMAN 1989

vs

BATMAN The Dark Knight

Battle Location: Gothem City

Which BATMAN wins?

#2 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Keaton for the win.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224186 posts) - - Show Bio
personally I like Michael Keaton's version of Batman better... Keaton's Batman Suit just looks Better IMO... though Christian Bale's Batman seems to be more technical in terms of fighting skills. 
#4 Posted by Kinasin_ (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

personally I like Michael Keaton's version of Batman better... Keaton's Batman Suit just looks Better IMO... though Christian Bale's Batman seems to be more technical in terms of fighting skills.
#5 Posted by Road_Rash (51 posts) - - Show Bio

old school beats new school

#6 Posted by The Stegman (24372 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a "who do you like better" thread, so Bale wins.

#7 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

Keatons Batman seemed faster when it came to fighting. He took downs Jokers henchmen quite easily. And the Penquins men as well.

#8 Posted by Trinity00 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: lol....faster....

@The Stegman said:

Not a "who do you like better" thread, so Bale wins.

This ^

#9 Posted by JediXMan (30601 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale.

#10 Edited by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Keaton, I can't stand Bale's Batman voice from the Dark Knight

#11 Posted by WillPayton (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's Batman wins. Also, he can turn his head. =)

#12 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillPayton said:

Nolan's Batman wins. Also, he can turn his head. =)

LMFAO Co-Signed
#13 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale...but Keaton has a more bad@ss bat-mobile.

#14 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Keatons Batman seemed faster when it came to fighting. He took downs Jokers henchmen quite easily. And the Penquins men as well.

Agreed

#15 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5585 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Picard (999 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark knight version. Better fighter, faster, stronger.

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Ooo, yes he was a great fighter, especially in this scene: ;)

#17 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

He took on a Joker goon who was apparently very skilled in Martial Arts H2H and Weapon combat.Keaton takes this.

#18 Posted by Picard (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

He took on a Joker goon who was apparently very skilled in Martial Arts H2H and Weapon combat.Keaton takes this.

You are kidding me Batman begins/The Dark knight version take down four ninjas and SWAT team, and Batman 89 vesion get his butt kicked by some muscle dude in bell tower. TDK version stomps.

#19 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: Well to be fair. TDK Batman had help. Lucius Fox was directing him around the swat team. Also had the luxury of night vision which the cops did not have. We don't know how skilled the ninja were. Also in the first film we never really see him fight any. When he helped the criminal escape in Begins, he starts a fire which makes the others retreat, and he fights that old guy who pretended to be Ras. And seemed to only win because the dude got distracted or I believe something fell on him during the fire. This Batman rarely had prep and went into situations blind. He also beat a skilled martial artist in that very video, without weaponry while dude was armed. He went on to do this during the final scenes as well. No help, just skill.

#20 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

You are kidding me Batman begins/The Dark knight version take down four ninjas and SWAT team, and Batman 89 vesion get his butt kicked by some muscle dude in bell tower. TDK version stomps.

Okay but atleast he didn't get attacked and beat up by dogs...

#21 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

I just think Keatons Batman is better. He also seemed to be more the detective then Nolans. He was able to figure out Penquins true motives as well as the Jokers plans. His weaponry wasn't that far behind Nolans either. His Batarangs had a tracking ability, but considering that he and DK Batman have similar costumes they may back fire. He was faster, and seemed more agile. He also kills, so if he has a chance to take Bale out, he would.

#22 Edited by Picard (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Picard: Well to be fair. TDK Batman had help. Lucius Fox was directing him around the swat team. Also had the luxury of night vision which the cops did not have. We don't know how skilled the ninja were. Also in the first film we never really see him fight any. When he helped the criminal escape in Begins, he starts a fire which makes the others retreat, and he fights that old guy who pretended to be Ras. And seemed to only win because the dude got distracted or I believe something fell on him during the fire. This Batman rarely had prep and went into situations blind. He also beat a skilled martial artist in that very video, without weaponry while dude was armed. He went on to do this during the final scenes as well. No help, just skill.

Fact that that he have sonar and help from Fox actually work for his favor - better technology and support. Ninjas - all of them was trained by League of shadows, and we saw how training looked like in this organisation. And yes Bruce taken down four ninjas in finale of Batman begins, and you must remember that he was injured before that happened. Even before he get his training he simultaneously took down six guys in prison yard, one of them much biger than him. If you talk about Batman 89 version defeating this jumping guy in the tower, then look again Batman had some sort of device coming out from his gloves, and jumping guy just impaled himself on it. Prep time - well we saw that TDK version can fight and win withouth prep, but fact that he devise plans and carry them out mean that he is more tactical savvy. So, yes I think that TDK version wins.

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Picard said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

I don't know what it is with people claiming that Batman was beaten up by dogs? It is really weak argument. First of all: he was bitten not beaten, in the end he won and he was throwing those dogs like ragdolls. Two: do you know what Rottweiler is? You know how dangerous is is, let alone three of those beasts? If i'm not mistaken even roman legions used those dogs.

#23 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Keaton's Batman fighting style: Tetris.

#24 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Fact that that he have sonar and help from Fox actually work for his favor - better technology and support. Ninjas - all of them was trained by League of shadows, and we saw how training looked like in this organisation. And yes Bruce taken down four ninjas in finale of Batman begins, and you must remember that he was injured before that happened. Even before he get his training he simultaneously took down six guys in prison yard, one of them much biger than him. If you talk about Batman 89 version defeating this jumping guy in the tower, then look again Batman had some sort of device coming out from his gloves, and jumping guy just impaled himself on it. Prep time - well we saw that TDK version can fight and win withouth prep, but fact that he devise plans and carry them out mean that he is more tactical savvy. So, yes I think that TDK version wins.

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Picard said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

I don't know what it is with people claiming that Batman was beaten up by dogs? It is really weak argument. First of all: he was bitten not beaten, in the end he won and he was throwing those dogs like ragdolls. Two: do you know what Rottweiler is? You know how dangerous is is, let alone three of those beasts? If i'm not mistaken even roman legions used those dogs.

Okay he defeated the big guy in the tower as well...Yeah i know what are Rottweiler's.My cousin's used to have two of them and i would help to watch them..With the gadgets that Chris Nolans batman have they should've been no sweat to him... "If i'm not mistaken even roman legions used those dogs" whats that have to do with anything?.

#25 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Picard said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Picard said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Okay he defeated the big guy in the tower as well...Yeah i know what are Rottweiler's.My cousin's used to have two of them and i would help to watch them..With the gadgets that Chris Nolans batman have they should've been no sweat to him... "If i'm not mistaken even roman legions used those dogs" whats that have to do with anything?.

they use rottweilers to attack their enemies. Nolans bats kicks 89' Bats a$$ with ease, more advance in tech.

more skilled in h2h, and his costume is better

#26 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah BATMAN 1989 would of took out the dogs with ease...Umm no he doesn't...who did batman DK beat?..He fought ninja thugs who didn't know what they were doing cos they got thrown around alot.That prove they really weren't a challenge and batman 1989 would of took them out with ease.Unlike batman DK,batman 1989 was able to kill joker and stop his rain of terror...

#27 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

Yeah BATMAN 1989 would of took out the dogs with ease...Umm no he doesn't...who did batman DK beat?..He fought ninja thugs who didn't know what they were doing cos they got thrown around alot.That prove they really weren't a challenge and batman 1989 would of took them out with ease.Unlike batman DK,batman 1989 was able to kill joker and stomp his rain of terror...

that joker was a joke! literally. and for gods sake those weren't just dogs they were bloodlusted rottweilers. Those 4 ninja thugs could easily take down Jokers and penguins henchmen all at once. and Please don't tell me you made this battle just cuz you want to see Nolans version of batman get stomp, cuz that will never happen cuz Nolan's Batman is bad ass

#28 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

Yeah BATMAN 1989 would of took out the dogs with ease...Umm no he doesn't...who did batman DK beat?..He fought ninja thugs who didn't know what they were doing cos they got thrown around alot.That prove they really weren't a challenge and batman 1989 would of took them out with ease.Unlike batman DK,batman 1989 was able to kill joker and stomp his rain of terror...

that joker was a joke! literally. and for gods sake those weren't just dogs they were bloodlusted rottweilers. Those 4 ninja thugs could easily take down Jokers and penguins henchmen all at once. and Please don't tell me you made this battle just cuz you want to see Nolans version of batman get stomp, cuz that will never happen cuz Nolan's Batman is bad ass

How is The 1989 joker a joke?.He was like the joker from the comics,a genocidal,psychotic, sadistic clown.He hand shanked a guys hand with a buzzer and fried?. " and for gods sake those weren't just dogs they were bloodlusted rottweilers"i know,but like i said he could of took them out with ease with his gadgets..Umm Those ninja's have barely any feats and they got thrown around easily. At least 89 jokers goons put up fight..And no...i made this battle just to make it...I like both films..

#29 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

2000 batman would seem to be the better fighter based off training, but 1989 batman seems to be better in the film, not a lot of wasted movement when he fought. 2000 batman seems to always be taken punches. i give it to 1989

#30 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Bale.

#31 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (540 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, Bale's Batman made me want to laugh! Batman is supposed to strike fear in people, Bale's stupid voice made him sound like an idiot and I would more likley laugh at him than be frightend!

#32 Posted by The Stegman (24372 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrEgonSpengler:  

Seriously, Bale's Batman made me want to laugh! Batman is supposed to strike fear in people, Bale's stupid voice made him sound like an idiot and I would more likley laugh at him than be frightend!

How does his voice have anything to do with this thread...at all? this isn't a popularity contest, it's a battle.
#33 Edited by Picard (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Picard said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Picard said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

In straight up fight he couldn't - he needed to deceive him to win. About dogs - what Batman have in his belt that can dealt with dogs explosives , batarangs? And if you know what Rottweiler then you know that it is dangerous dogs.

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

Yeah BATMAN 1989 would of took out the dogs with ease...Umm no he doesn't...who did batman DK beat?..He fought ninja thugs who didn't know what they were doing cos they got thrown around alot.That prove they really weren't a challenge and batman 1989 would of took them out with ease.Unlike batman DK,batman 1989 was able to kill joker and stop his rain of terror...

Prove that he would take dogs with ease. And he fought well trained ninjas and SWAT team. And Batman shouldn't kill period.

TDK have this same opportunity as 89 Batman but he decided not to kill Joker, that make him a hero and not some misguided vigilante

@rico_3088 said:

2000 batman would seem to be the better fighter based off training, but 1989 batman seems to be better in the film, not a lot of wasted movement when he fought. 2000 batman seems to always be taken punches. i give it to 1989

Yes, because never get punches.

@DrEgonSpengler said:

Irrelevant and pointless

#34 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Michael Keaton killed people? Anyway TDK better movie better Batman

#35 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight was a way better movie, but for the majority of the movie the Joker made him look like a fool. And yes he did get kind of owned by dogs and the Joker holding a pipe. I get the Rottweilers are dangerous but earlier in the movie he faced dogs and had Lucius fix his gear so that dogs wouldn't be a problem anymore. and he still got owned. Keatons batman was less flashy because the movie was older. his actual fighting was effective. He disarmed people and incapacitated people more quickly. I feel like Nolans Batman is always fighting an uphill battle. Like he is constantly outmatched and must have help to persevere in fights and in sticky situations. Keaton as Batman is more impressive and would beat Bale as Batman.

#36 Edited by Picard (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@IKnowEverything said:

The Dark Knight was a way better movie, but for the majority of the movie the Joker made him look like a fool. And yes he did get kind of owned by dogs and the Joker holding a pipe. I get the Rottweilers are dangerous but earlier in the movie he faced dogs and had Lucius fix his gear so that dogs wouldn't be a problem anymore. and he still got owned. Keatons batman was less flashy because the movie was older. his actual fighting was effective. He disarmed people and incapacitated people more quickly. I feel like Nolans Batman is always fighting an uphill battle. Like he is constantly outmatched and must have help to persevere in fights and in sticky situations. Keaton as Batman is more impressive and would beat Bale as Batman.

Again, wrong. New armour was invented to grant him more mobility and allow him to turn his head, not to help him dealt with dogs. And if by owned you mean getting bitten and then throwing three adult attack dogs like ragdolls, then yeh he get owned. ;) Joker with a pipe... only because Joker messed up Batman's sonar. It is like saying that Daredevil sucks as a fighter when someone disrupt his sonar. Grasping at a strwas, don't you think? When Dark knight was struggling with fighting? Or better yet when 89 Batman, simultaneously defeated four, fully trained ninjas - while being injured - and SWAT officers in full gear?

#37 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

We must also remember Bale's Batman is just starting out, hence why he always looks like mentioned, like he's fighting an uphill battle. Keaton's Batman had already been the bats for a while...he at least had time to perfect his batmobile, batcave and all that awesome stuff. Due to it being an older film, Hollywood wasn't into the whole super martial arts thingie (and aside from that, Keaton's costume was very clunky, he couldn't move much). Bale's bat voice in Batman begins was cool, but in the Dark Knight it was ridiculous and off putting...at least for me.

Overall I think Keaton's Batman is better (just the character) while Nolan's (Batman) movies are better than Burton's. Now...on regards to the Joker? I think they're both awesome, Ledger and Nicholson.

#38 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

Keaton's Batman fighting style: Tetris.

LMFAO!!!

#39 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: your whole credibility went out the window when you said better costume

#40 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: bales batman couldnt find his way out of a box. hes got 0 smarts in any field. he just takes everything from wayne enterprises and stamps the batman logo on it. the only thing midly impresive is that he is shown to know cantonese or something like that.

#41 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Jayfournines: bales batman couldnt find his way out of a box. hes got 0 smarts in any field. he just takes everything from wayne enterprises and stamps the batman logo on it. the only thing midly impresive is that he is shown to know cantonese or something like that.

it's because Nolan only showed the Tactical intellect of his version of batman.

#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just gonna leave this out for anyone who thinks Keaton is a better fighter:

Seriously, does anyone think Baleman would have a problem with that guy?

#43 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: tactical intellect as in what??

@AtPhantom: he better not have a dog or a pipe when he fights nolan batman or hes in trouble

#44 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@IKnowEverything said:

You got point,BATMAN TDK had help during the the films,and from i remember 89 Bats took everyone on his own @Jayfournines said:

We must also remember Bale's Batman is just starting out, hence why he always looks like mentioned, like he's fighting an uphill battle. Keaton's Batman had already been the bats for a while...he at least had time to perfect his batmobile, batcave and all that awesome stuff. Due to it being an older film, Hollywood wasn't into the whole super martial arts thingie (and aside from that, Keaton's costume was very clunky, he couldn't move much). Bale's bat voice in Batman begins was cool, but in the Dark Knight it was ridiculous and off putting...at least for me.

Overall I think Keaton's Batman is better (just the character) while Nolan's (Batman) movies are better than Burton's. Now...on regards to the Joker? I think they're both awesome, Ledger and Nicholson.

Ledger and Nicholson were both awesome..

#45 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: well duh devicing an attack plan before diving into a battle.

#46 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

There's alot we have yet to consider. For one the directors of both were going for a specific scheme. Nolan's is more based in reality and had weapons and draining according. With Burton's Batman we are never really told he trained, but you sorta kinda assume he's trained. Because what Tim was going for was a gothic, campy type deal. That being said depending on location, like for instance whether they fought in the Nolan or Burtonverse. Because the 1989 Batman had a bit of the toon-force, and if they fought in his domain he would come out On top. Both Batmen were decently skilled, so beyond that, prep would come into play. Nolan's Bruce's Krav Maga training may prove handie. So I'm guessing 89 Bat's would untiliaze the belt. In which case, because of toon-force, even if Nolan's Batman does have better weaponry, training, what-not. 89 Bat's tech is made to do everything. He was closer to his comic counterpart then Nolan's Batman. He's had acids, he's had rope able to support him and another human being, whipping through the air, also not snapping his wrist is a feat itself. His car could battle the Tumbler as well. It has built in sheilding, it shoots rockets, it scales walls. It is probably faster as well, due to being lighter. Either way a Batman is going to win..I just think it's 89.

#47 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@AtPhantom: he better not have a dog or a pipe when he fights nolan batman or hes in trouble

Why don't you try fighting three giant ass dogs and see how well you do? One of those things can bring a fully grown armored man to the ground easy. Those aren't some little puddles. Hell, the fact that he casually swatted away the first dog, only to be tackled by the remaining two, shows volumes about how Baleman is a better fighter than Keaton.

#48 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: -_- what toon force are you talking about? there was no toon force.

#49 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: there is a fatal flaw in your post. this is batman, not some guy. he should be able to handle dogs. if a dog cartel comes to gotham hes f**ked.

#50 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Guardiandevil83: -_- what toon force are you talking about? there was no toon force.

yeah there was, Burtons batman was like getting some cheapass gadgets out of no where, and oh damn sky surfing without a chute? is that even possible for a human being can do?