#1 Posted by Grabblez (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi. I've been arguing on Youtube with some guy, about Batman vs Aquaman, which eventually turned to Batman vs The Justice League. He keeps saying that Batman could never beat Aquaman, let alone the Justice League with prep even. His reasons are that the Justice League are much stronger, faster, and smarter. He says if I made a thread on comicvine about this, I would be laughed at. This thread may have been made a hundred times, but whatever.

#2 Posted by Grabblez (5 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Edited by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

He could take the lower tier, Cyborg, Hawkman, MAYBE Aquaman etc.

But the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern would eat Bruce alive regardless of how much prep time he had.

#4 Edited by SSJ4Hulk (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with one year of preparation stomps.He would defeat anyone lower than herald level

Watch Justice League : Doom. or The dark knight returns part 2 .It will answer your question.

#5 Edited by Grabblez (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

@grabblez: Don't listen to him, Justice League : Doom is a film adaptation which changes about 90% of the plot of the source material. a plot in which Batman's plans are heavily modified and it's not even shown what the original plans were.

And The Dark Knight Returns isn't canon, so it's essentially fanfiction.

@ssj4hulk Do better research, and stop spreading misinformation.

#7 Posted by Grabblez (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Well you might be right, but I am certain Batman could beat Superman.

#8 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11965 posts) - - Show Bio

See with thread like this,that make it no wonder why Batsy is considered overrated.

Listen he could have as much prep time as he wants but in the end most of the entire JL could one shot him with no effort.

#9 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever read "Tower of Babel"?

Anywho, I believe he can. It would be very, very, VEEEEEERY hard though.

#10 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8393 posts) - - Show Bio

These always go well lol.

But seriously. Batman can only take out the top tier leaguers with PIS.

#12 Posted by dondave (38817 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League, he might have been able to do it Pre-552, but he has already shown that he can't in the New 52

#13 Posted by logy5000 (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets slaughtered in seconds by Superman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman no matter how much prep he has.

#14 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce has literally no way of harming Flash, Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern. Diana's been poisoned before she's just extremely durable, Clark has kryptonite, Vic's been shut down before, Arthur idk about.

#15 Edited by Wolfrazer (7481 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by DeathHero61 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

umm in straight up combat of course he gets beaten but with prep he stomps. correct me if im wrong but did he not beat the justice league comics and the animations?

#17 Edited by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 said:

umm in straight up combat of course he gets beaten but with prep he stomps. correct me if im wrong but did he not beat the justice league comics and the animations?

Ra's Al Ghul did it with waaaaay less then a year, using Batman's contingency plans in Tower of Babel.

Anyone who thinks Batman can't beat the JL no matter how much prep he has, has not read ToB. Ra's did it with less then a year, even with Batman finally realizing it. Because the had the complete element of surprise.

No one saw it coming, or even expected it.

If Batman had complete surprise (Which I mean everyone is doing there regular yaddy da routine), then he could. Hell with 1 year he would already have failsafes to the contingency plans, and invest all his billions of dollars into killing them.

#18 Posted by BigCimmerian (8707 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Batman can incapitate or kill them all with that amount of prep. BUT he can't take them all down in a fight even with that amount of prep. He must pick them one by one when they are vulnerable, and Justice Leaguers will not see it coming. Anyone saying that he can't do that is bathater, but they have a point when they say he can't take them in a fight. We have seen what League of Assassins did, and Batman probably has more answers for them.

#19 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20429 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

@sheenlantern: Very nice vid.

Angry Joe is the best.

He does get that bit with Flash and Deathstroke horribly wrong though.

#20 Edited by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Its POSSIBLE! I honestly think its 50/50 wheather your a batfan or dc fan. No matter how you put it it only takes one mistake to ruin Batman. I think its possible no matter how much people deny it, but its also likely Batman would make that one mistake and get himself killed in a heartbeat.

#21 Edited by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@grabblez: @ssj4hulk: JL: Doom is based of "Tower of Babel" and is a poor representation of what actually happens here. JLA High tiers should god stomp batman unless he just gets a year to plan and then betrays them and they don't see it coming.

The Dark Knight Returns was written by someone who just doesn't like superman and is very unfair to the character.

As for the main question: Batman COULD take this. Assuming no one knows that they're going to have to take batman, he could catch them by surprise and take most of them out. In a straight fight, he has no chance. The best he could take would likely be superman or wonder woman by abusing the fact that neither will actually try to immediately murder him. If he has to face flash or any GL, he'd be in for a whooping. So to answer your question, it totally depends on the circumstances.

#22 Posted by dondave (38817 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 said:

Ra's Al Ghul did it with waaaaay less then a year, using Batman's contingency plans in Tower of Babel.

Anyone who thins Batman can't beat the JL no matter how much prep he has, has not read ToB. Ra's did it with less then a year, even with Batman finally realizing it. Because the had the complete element of surprise.

If Batman had complete surprise (Which I mean everyone is doing there regular yaddy da routine), then he could. Hell with 1 year he would already have failsafes to the contingency plans, and invest all his billions of dollars into killing them.

In the New 52 Batman has had Five years and he still can't figure out how to beat Wonder Woman other asking Superman to fight her

#23 Edited by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@ximpossibrux said:

@deathhero61 said:

Anyone who thins Batman can't beat the JL no matter how much prep he has, has not read ToB. Ra's did it with less then a year, even with Batman finally realizing it. Because the had the complete element of surprise.

In the New 52 Batman has had Five years and he still can't figure out how to beat Wonder Woman other asking Superman to fight her

That's just terrible writing, to put some "conflict" in SM/WW relationship. That if Diana went rogue, Superman would stop her..... but could HE since he's dating her!? Oh no the drama!!

Seriously that horrible relationship is ruining other characters.

#24 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10097 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Oh goodness...I never understand how questions like these are even debatable?

First off, we all know that in a head to head fight, pretty much anyone in the Justice League could DESTROY Batman, execpt for debatably Superman because of that Kryptonite ring he always carries, but that's an argument for other fanboys.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's get right down to it. The answer is YES, Batman could beat the entire JL with one year of prep. Anyone who disagrees just needs to read JLA: Tower of Babel. He has contingency plans for each one of the heroes.

Now I know what you're thinking. "If his plans were so good, why isn't every member of the JL dead?" That's an easy one. He didn't carry out the plans himself, Ra's Al Ghul did.

And on top of that, if there were any cracks in his plan that may have been existent before, he now has not a week, not a month, but a YEAR to make sure that each plan is perfect. If he wants, he can even make a virtual simulator to make sure that his methods are infallible.

In conclusion, if I haven't made myself perfectly clear, yes, I wholeheartedly believe that with one year of prep, Batman could take out most of the DC Universe, let alone the Justice League.

But, feel free to disagree. xD

Jmarshmallow

#25 Posted by Wardemon32 (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

Listen to what you said......

I wholeheartedly believe that with one year of prep, Batman could take out most of the DC Universe, let alone the Justice League.

Is this being some sort of fanboy or do you ACTUALLY believe he can defeat most not some but most of the DC Universe? Do you understand how many people there are in the DC Universe?

#26 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Here's the thing, most of those plans rely on other JLA members just kind of walking into them. What can batman do against a sun-dipped superman? Absolutely Jack-all. What can he really do against flash? Pray flash just blindly walks into any trap he sets?

Also, they're now all well aware of all of Batman's plans. If other JLA members didn't have plans before, they do now! If they know batman is coming for them, they mop the floor with him. They strip the batcave, reveal him publicly, freeze his assets, and hunt him down via telepathy, magic and super speed. Batman cannot face them without the total element of surprise, or without PIS.

#27 Posted by Justiceavengers69 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, shazam, aquaman, Wonder Woman, martian manhunter, all out strength batman by so much that they would just squash him. Batman could beat hawkman and cyborg but then he gets too flash who can make a whirlwind around him that suffocates him. Shazam could fry him with lightning. Aquaman could take him Into the water and kill him. Superman could punch him into space. Martian manhunter could make himself into a gigantic creature and just devour him. The justice league is too strong for someone like Bruce Wayne to handle! Oh and the guy you were arguing about with aquaman he is totally right. Aquaman crushes batman in the water and out.

#28 Posted by BigCimmerian (8707 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, shazam, aquaman, Wonder Woman, martian manhunter, all out strength batman by so much that they would just squash him. Batman could beat hawkman and cyborg but then he gets too flash who can make a whirlwind around him that suffocates him. Shazam could fry him with lightning. Aquaman could take him Into the water and kill him. Superman could punch him into space. Martian manhunter could make himself into a gigantic creature and just devour him. The justice league is too strong for someone like Bruce Wayne to handle! Oh and the guy you were arguing about with aquaman he is totally right. Aquaman crushes batman in the water and out.

Who's saying that Batman will start slugfest with them? He will pick them one by one and kill them all if his morals are off.

#29 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

One year to prepare for the greatest fight of his life. I think Batman could handle it!

#30 Edited by ferventking (259 posts) - - Show Bio

If the prep was one sided, if JL didn't know about the battle till the day of, and if Batman could do stuff to them during the year, then Batman wins.

#31 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way Batman is going to take the whole Justice League on at once even with one year prep time. If he is able to take them one at a time in surprise situations then maybe. Actually perhaps if he can get Bat-Mite to lend him his powers than Batman could win.

#32 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

With a year off prep he could kill every one of them

#33 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10097 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: @wardemon32: Truthfully, I really believe that Bats could take out most of the DC characters. Consider the fact that Batman has so many people who trust, respect, and fear him. He wouldn't be fighting this fight alone. He could easily raise an army of superheroes to fight by his side. If nothing else, he would stage it to make it look like someone was taking out all the DC heroes, and cause a Civil War among everyone. Or, if all else fails, what's to stop him from just mind-controlling Supes, turning on the bloodlust, and letting him do the work! All I'm saying is, with a year of prep, considering Batman's track record, and the allegiance that he amasses, I can see him accomplishing this goal.

And Dratini, the thread only states that Batman has prep, no one else. From what I can tell, this means that Bats basically decides "Screw this, I'm the freaking Batman.", and just decides that everyone else is in his way. None of the other heroes would know he has turned, and by the time they did, he would just be laughing maniacally with his pet Superman standing by his side. I don't pretend to know how, but for some reason Batman can do some crazy, unbelievable stuff.

Jmarshmallow

#34 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Seriously? Is that even a question? There's totally a way Batman could beat the Justice League. All he needs is one piece of armor and he could take out everyone. It's called plot armor.

#35 Edited by CheeseSticks (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow you guys totally forget about tower of babel and the two animated movies (TDKR2 + Doom) ? Batman haters everywhere

Bats take this, 1 years of prep is too much for the JL

#36 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Threads like this remind me why Batman is the laziest DC Superhero.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#37 Posted by Wardemon32 (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

Consider the fact that Batman has so many people who trust, respect, and fear him. He wouldn't be fighting this fight alone. He could easily raise an army of superheroes to fight by his side. If nothing else, he would stage it to make it look like someone was taking out all the DC heroes, and cause a Civil War among everyone. Or, if all else fails, what's to stop him from just mind-controlling Supes, turning on the bloodlust, and letting him do the work! All I'm saying is, with a year of prep, considering Batman's track record, and the allegiance that he amasses, I can see him accomplishing this goal.

Whose going to be helping him? Examples?

So the whole thing is him getting help from others? That's not him winning anymore thats everyone. We're talking Batman vs this one charater. And what Superheros? He's already fighting against the Justice Leauge, whos going to be helping him?

And how is he mind controlling Superman again? He doesn't have any mind controlling devices and how is he pulling this off with Superman looking directly at him? BTW J'onn J'onnz has taught Superman how to protect himself from TP users so it wont be that easy.

And Dratini, the thread only states that Batman has prep, no one else. From what I can tell, this means that Bats basically decides "Screw this, I'm the freaking Batman.", and just decides that everyone else is in his way. None of the other heroes would know he has turned, and by the time they did, he would just be laughing maniacally with his pet Superman standing by his side. I don't pretend to know how, but for some reason Batman can do some crazy, unbelievable stuff.

Superman can't take out the JLA himself. Alright bring some actual proof that Batman is winning. And yes, I'm sure Martian Manhunter is going to stand there and not try to break a Superman whose under TP out of it.......