Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) vs X-23

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Static Shock
LegendaryKYJ said:
"Omg, okay, I have GOT to see this fight. A scenario I'm thinking of is, the two standing face to face 20 ft. apart and they're ready to do what it takes to KO the other, I don't think the dreaded plot device cape would save Tim from something like that."

Check the last page of the Best Beat Downs in Comics thread. It's there.
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Gambler said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:
"Okay, I'll bite.... Why, good sir? I also want to add, when you pick one sentence of someones rebuttal and give one word answers that contradict said sentence, it comes across as bickering. Are you bickering?"
lol is that how it comes across? I'm simply pointing out your inaccurate statement.

"LegendaryKYJ said:
" the only instance of someone much much slower ever being able to touch her.
This is incorrect (sir :D) She's been touched by Green Arrow, knocked out by Nightwing, beat down by some scrub in her solo series, Blasted by Mr. Freeze's gun, and those are just off the top of my head.
"

Are we talking about post series Batgirl where she has a major downgrade and becomes the leader of the league of assassins? Because, I've read her entire series to include cameos made in Supergirl and Nightwing, nothing after. Mr. Freezes gun works more like a point and spray area of effect so I don't really see why that would have any relevance.

I heard after her series, she's been written out of character like crazy, they wrote her to be a killer after she's been trying to prove her worth to the bat family. I also heard after she killed, Batman allowed her back and eve let her stay in the cave...alone.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Cassandra. Laura still has normal bones that Cassie can easily break and Cassie is by FAR a better fighter and faster

Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Cassandra. Laura still has normal bones that Cassie can easily break and Cassie is by FAR a better fighter and faster "

Lol, and you assume that Cassie would be able to break them, as if X-23 is that much outclassed, I don't think so. 

But it is your opinion.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Cassandra. Laura still has normal bones that Cassie can easily break and Cassie is by FAR a better fighter and faster "
Cassandra is just as fast, not faster. They are both peak human.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" Cassandra. Laura still has normal bones that Cassie can easily break and Cassie is by FAR a better fighter and faster "
Cassandra is just as fast, not faster. They are both peak human. "
I have seen better feats for Cassie.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Erik
@Lunacyde said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
I have seen better feats for Cassie. "
That is different. The issue where they were trying to classify Cassandra firmly rooted her in peak human while she was performing seemingly meta feats. It was not that she was faster than a normal person, her combined abilities and training just made it seem like she was. 
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@erik: But the feats she had performed when they were testing her are not equivalent to many of her better feats throughout comics.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
I have seen better feats for Cassie. "
That is different. The issue where they were trying to classify Cassandra firmly rooted her in peak human while she was performing seemingly meta feats. It was not that she was faster than a normal person, her combined abilities and training just made it seem like she was.  "
They based that off from one video feed of her fighting some random scrubs. Had they seen her actually moving faster then a bullet they most likely would have come to a different conclusion.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Erik
@Gambler: Are you saying she has actually outran a bullet? Or are you just saying she dodged one? Different things entirely. She is not meta. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Erik
@Lunacyde:  
I disagree. They even said her feats look like they are easily meta but the tests proved otherwise. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Gambler: Are you saying she has actually outran a bullet? Or are you just saying she dodged one? Different things entirely. She is not meta.  "
I'm not saying she's meta-human. I'm saying she's been shown to move faster then normal humans.

Look at where she starts
 Look at where she starts

Now look at where she is before the bullet even reaches her original starting point. She's already knocked the guy out before the bullet even passed the dude with glasses. Easily beyond human speed.
 Now look at where she is before the bullet even reaches her original starting point. She's already knocked the guy out before the bullet even passed the dude with glasses. Easily beyond human speed.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Erik
@Gambler:  
Her abilities are within human range no matter what she does. That is just the human capabilities of the DC universe. I would also like to note that the writers at DC probably do not know that a bullet from a 9mm handgun travel at 1400 feet per second. Either they are saying that is possible for a human, or they do not know what they are writing and it is a plot hole. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Gambler:  Her abilities are within human range no matter what she does.  "
That statement doesn't even make sense.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Funny how different peak humans can do different things.

How can Batman and Cassie both be peak human and yet she has pulled off speed/reflex feats he has never shown?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Erik
@Gambler said:
" @erik said:
That statement doesn't even make sense. "
You must be having trouble reading today then Gambler. :D
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
You must be having trouble reading today then Gambler. :D "
How is moving faster then a bullet within human range? How is Cassandra performing feats that normal humans (within the DCU) cannot, still within human range?
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" Funny how different peak humans can do different things.  How can Batman and Cassie both be peak human and yet she has pulled off speed/reflex feats he has never shown? "
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Erik
@Gambler said:

" @erik said:

" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
You must be having trouble reading today then Gambler. :D "
How is moving faster then a bullet within human range? How is Cassandra performing feats that normal humans (within the DCU) cannot, still within human range? "
It did not write the garbage so you should not ask me. I think it is idiotic that they are suggesting she can move at 1400 feet per second. I am saying that they classify her as peak human. Therefore all feats she performs are peak human. Besides, normal human and peak human are very different things. I also find it funny that you are the one that posted those scans and now you are saying that they are not valid when used to point out her very human speed. 
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Lunacyde said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" Funny how different peak humans can do different things.  How can Batman and Cassie both be peak human and yet she has pulled off speed/reflex feats he has never shown? "
"
Different levels of peak? It's like the difference between free and absolutely free
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Cassandra has ran in front of people they did not see her only felt her gust of wind

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Erik
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Cassandra has ran in front of people they did not see her only felt her gust of wind "
So has Wolverine and X-23 is faster than him. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" It did not write the garbage so you should not ask me. I am saying that they classify her as peak human. Therefore all feats she performs are peak human. Besides, normal human and peak human are very different things. I also find it funny that you are the one that posted those scans and now you are saying that they are not valid when used to point out her very human speed.  "
I'm not saying they are not valid, I'm pointing out that not only were they confused to begin with and seemingly contradict themselves in the same scan, but their information came from one fight. They didn't see her dodge/react to bullets they way they do and if they had, they may of come up with yet another explanation. It doesnt matter if she's slated as Peak Human. The truth is she routinely performs feats above Peak Human levels.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" Cassandra has ran in front of people they did not see her only felt her gust of wind "
So has Wolverine and X-23 is faster than him.  "
And dont they both have "superhuman speed?" Its kind of what we are saying about her performing feats above Peak Human. You yourself just compared one of her feats to the feats of two superhumans.....
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Erik
@Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" It did not write the garbage so you should not ask me. I am saying that they classify her as peak human. Therefore all feats she performs are peak human. Besides, normal human and peak human are very different things. I also find it funny that you are the one that posted those scans and now you are saying that they are not valid when used to point out her very human speed.  "
I'm not saying they are not valid, I'm pointing out that not only were they confused to begin with and seemingly contradict themselves in the same scan, but their information came from one fight. They didn't see her dodge/react to bullets they way they do and if they had, they may of come up with yet another explanation. It doesnt matter if she's slated as Peak Human. The truth is she routinely performs feats above Peak Human levels. "
So you are saying that when they say her speed is strictly borderline human, that is false but her moving at 1400 feet per second (3.77 seconds per mile) is completely valid and not PIS?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Erik
@Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
And dont they both have "superhuman speed?" Its kind of what we are saying about her performing feats above Peak Human. You yourself just compared one of her feats to the feats of two superhumans..... "
I think that Wolverine and X-23's speed is debatable for superhuman. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
I'm not saying they are not valid, I'm pointing out that not only were they confused to begin with and seemingly contradict themselves in the same scan, but their information came from one fight. They didn't see her dodge/react to bullets they way they do and if they had, they may of come up with yet another explanation. It doesnt matter if she's slated as Peak Human. The truth is she routinely performs feats above Peak Human levels. "
So you are saying that when they say her speed is strictly borderline human, that is false but her moving at 1400 feet per second (3.77 seconds per mile) is completely valid and not PIS? "
Nope, not what I'm saying at all.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Erik
@Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
So you are saying that when they say her speed is strictly borderline human, that is false but her moving at 1400 feet per second (3.77 seconds per mile) is completely valid and not PIS? "
Nope, not what I'm saying at all. "
Good so I will throw that bullet feat right out the window.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
Good so I will throw that bullet feat right out the window. "
And what about all her other feats that put her above Borderline Human? You wanna throw those out as well, in exchange for one scan? isn't that what this debate started out as? Some users saying that although she's slated as Borderline Human that she has several feats that put her above that?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
And dont they both have "superhuman speed?" Its kind of what we are saying about her performing feats above Peak Human. You yourself just compared one of her feats to the feats of two superhumans..... "
I think that Wolverine and X-23's speed is debatable for superhuman.  "
For however reliable the Encyclopedia is, X-23 has superhuman speed.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Erik
@Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
Good so I will throw that bullet feat right out the window. "
And what about all her other feats that put her above Borderline Human? You wanna throw those out as well, in exchange for one scan? isn't that what this debate started out as? Some users saying that although she's slated as Borderline Human that she has several feats that put her above that? "
No. I just do not want you to use a scan for your own purposes and then shoot it down when someone uses your own scan to point out other valid points. They said in those scans that her physical speed in that "one fight" seemed impossibly fast for a human. One of the other men in it stated that the speed she performs is not physically impossible for humans, but it should be mentally. There it is. According to that scan which you used initially, everything she can do is physically possible for humans in the DCU. It is bad form to try and use a scan to prove one point and then monkey rage when someone else uses the same scan to prove another point. You should not try to discredit that which you already used as valid scans. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Erik
@Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Gambler said:
" @erik said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
I think that Wolverine and X-23's speed is debatable for superhuman.  "
For however reliable the Encyclopedia is, X-23 has superhuman speed. "
I did not know that. Scan?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@erik said:
"No. I just do not want you to use a scan for your own purposes and then shoot it down when someone uses your own scan to point out other valid points. They said in those scans that her physical speed in that "one fight" seemed impossibly fast for a human. One of the other men in it stated that the speed she performs is not physically impossible for humans, but it should be mentally. There it is. According to that scan which you used initially, everything she can do is physically possible for humans in the DCU. It is bad form to try and use a scan to prove one point and then monkey rage when someone else uses the same scan to prove another point. You should not try to discredit that which you already used as valid scans.  "
"Monkey Rage?" Hahaha I haven't presented any hostility what so ever during this entire debate. Sorry you feel attacked. I posted it for Slinger so that he could see what was said and draw his own conclusion based off his previous statement. I didn't use the scan for my own personal anything :) Also, if you go back and read the scans you can clearly tell that the man in charge fully believes she is metahuman and even the guy trying to give some sort of an explanation as to how she can do what she's doing without being metahuman, seems uncertain. I'm not discrediting the scan, I'm making counter points to what you are saying. You're interpreting "Borderline" human to mean Peak Human when Peak Human is a Marvel term, not a DC term. Most people unofficially recognize Batman as being  "Peak Human" and Cassandra is faster then he is. So for all you know "Borderline Human" could very well mean above Peak Human in the DCU. Borderline, its close to, but not on the line and in the DCU they've never described a Peak Human level that separates humans from meta-humans. I've also said that Cain is not a meta-human but has repeatedly displayed speed feats that put her on a meta-human level. That's what this debate was about originally remember? You are using one scan to back your case, while I've not only used said scan, but others to back my position. You claimed that the scan "firmly" rooted her as Peak Human. When actually it says her individual Moves are "boderline" human, and that her "aggregate" Speed is meta-human. And "Speed" is what we are talking about. Again, this is not discrediting the scan, its pointing out the confusion and contradicting points of view within said scan and the fact that when the term "Speed" is mentioned, its attached to met-human. So when Cain uses any combination of strikes, movement, series of acrobatics, or all of thee above, she's doing so at a meta-human level of speed. If she just throws one punch in and by itself she's doing so at a Borderlinehuman level of speed.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@erik said:

" I did not know that. Scan? "

I dont have the one from the Encyclopedia, but there are several other sources such as the Handbook version.

Speed = 3
 Speed = 3

3 = Superhuman
 3 = Superhuman
Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dark_Slayor

Im on the fence with this one. 

Even though Cassie is more skilled out of the two fighters, Im not sure she outclasses X-23 enough to completely avoid being tagged. Realistically, that's all X-23 needs is one clean swipe and the fight is over. 

If Batgirl had some bladed weapon then she would win forsure.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By castleking
she has batarnags -_-
Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Dark_Slayor
@castleking: I mean like a sword or something.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By castleking
either way she is screwed here.  

but i will say that i will re evaluate the DC street lvler classes making BG slightly superior to bats... but nowhere near certain peak and enhanced or superhuman MU street lvlers
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@castleking: She will know every move Laura will do the second she goes in motion. She has shown superhuman abilities consistently
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By castleking
and X23 has superhuman speed period. she is also a highly skilled fighter so her attributes are balanced and supported unlike other metas who have certain attributes but cant fight to save their life and require plot to consistently survive.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@castleking: Laura will barely touch her
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By castleking

great argument. -_-

do you mean she will rarely touch her or barely touch her either way all she needs is to hit her a few times to slow her down and kill her so it doesnt matter if she barely hits her.. batgirl wont see blades coming out from between her toes and have a slit throat. batgirls last thought would be i dodged her foot, how?!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@castleking said:
" but nowhere near certain peak and enhanced or superhuman MU street lvlers "
Which Peak and or Enhanced Marvel characters is she nowhere near? I'm just curious.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@castleking: She can dodge and read Deathstroke who surpasses Laura in everything
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By castleking
@Gambler said:

" @castleking said:

Which Peak and or Enhanced Marvel characters is she nowhere near? I'm just curious. "
Captain America... near or =    begrudgingly i'll admit it  >(   but only in overall speed
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@castleking said:
"  great argument. -_-

do you mean she will rarely touch her or barely touch her either way all she needs is to hit her a few times to slow her down and kill her so it doesnt matter if she barely hits her.. batgirl wont see blades coming out from between her toes and have a slit throat. batgirls last thought would be i dodged her foot, how?!
"
You're assuming Batgirl would only dodge her foot by a few inches. But if she completely dodges it then it wont matter if a blade comes out or not.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By castleking

but she is also cocky letting certain attacks barely glance  her  b/c she is that good or just barely that fast to merely avoid it by mere inches if not centimeters ....

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@castleking said:
" @Gambler said:
" @castleking said:
Which Peak and or Enhanced Marvel characters is she nowhere near? I'm just curious. "
Captain America... near or =    begrudgingly i'll admit it  >( "
Captain America is Superhuman. I mean I know he's slated as Peak, but like Batgirl, he routinely pulls off feats well beyond Peak Human. But I agree, he's probably above Cain.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@castleking said:
"  but she is also cocky letting certain attacks barely glance  her  b/c she is that good or just barely that fast to merely avoid it by mere inches if not centimeters .... "
She is not cocky she is a trained assassin. She just has to land one meta dropping tranquilizer in her if you want to play around with their tools. Or just cram an exploding Batarang in her lung
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@castleking said:
"  but she is also cocky letting certain attacks barely glance  her  b/c she is that good or just barely that fast to merely avoid it by mere inches if not centimeters .... "
I dont think she's that cocky when actually fighting. Maybe when sparring against Batman or something.