BaT Tourney 2.0 Round 1: CA vs PP vs CJD (CLOSED)

• 190 results
Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Pierpat

@cjdavis103: i could be ok with him hurting wesker, if he only was capable of tagging him.

But i'll have to ask you feats for him bypassing armor and hurting KI of a being that is not completely a man( a space marine has more than twenty organs more than a man)

And i don't think your team can walk around the city freely, they should stay on spot for the prep if i got it right.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Cjdavis103

@pierpat:

He is unless wesker suddenly gained mastery of complex "walking techniques" several of which are designed to mess with peoples perceptions he is going to have a very hard time taging Shioon and with his instant steeping techinges and foot work he can easily get past the Raw speed of wesker relatively easily

The setting he is in dosent really allow for power armor but he has bypassed kevlar

No Caption Provided

so if we applie theory it should work for power armor as well but he will have issues with Raclaw which is why he is not engaging him directly ( if you where a martial artist that used your bare hands would you decided hey i should fight the Massive guy in thick armor?) the most he is doing is acting as a distraction using his foot techniques to buy him time and space for Ed to assist

I did not see anything limiting that, worse case Al and Ed pulls the materials to him and they put the cameras out

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my general strategy and basic feats of my team:

My team will play a smart game.

First of all, wesker is faster than the human eye can perceive,and can take serious punishment:

here, while weakaned, he tanks an rpg to the face(6:35):

Loading Video...

In less than a second he covers over 30 ft, he's really fast.

And,he'll have a bolt pistol, and krak grenades:

Krak Grenades use a shaped explosive charge capable of punching holes in armoured targets such as vehicles or bunkers, and its charge can even rip armour plating apart

Frag Grenades are very simple in design and effect, consisting of a central explosive core with a fuse inserted, wrapped around with metallic or ceramic bands, and further covered by a ceramic sheathing designed to fragment into lethal shards. Upon detonation, irregular chunks of the sheathing and bands are propelled at high velocity into the nearby surrounding area. Often, the normal time delay fuse is removed in favor of a more sophisticated movement-sensitive detonator for use as a booby trap.

A bolt pistol is a miniaturized missile launcher. it can one-shot anyone with human level of resistance.

Raclaw is not slower than wesker when we talk about combat speed:

Speed at which a Custodes and Space Marine fight:

“The two warriors flew at one another, each strike flashing aside with bursts from their opposing power fields. Every second saw three strikes made, and each strike snapped back with the weapons’ electrical fields repelling one another after the metal kissed for the briefest moment. The air was rich with the ozone scent of abused power fields in only a matter of heartbeats.”

– Pg.612 The First Heretic

Space Marine moving at faster than a human eye can perceive:

"“‘Control your emotions, and move aside,’ Argel Tal growled, ‘or I will kill you.’

‘You cannot mean that, lord!’

Faster than human eyes could follow, the swords of red iron came free in hissing rasps. The tips of both blades rested against the fat priest’s three chins before he’d even had time to blink. Apparently, the lord did mean it.

‘Yes,’ the deacon stammered. ‘Yes, I…’

‘Just move,’ Argel Tal suggested. ”

– The First Heretic pg.264

And has an incredibly good array of sensors in his helmet:

- Visor meassuring distance:

• "Errant bullets from the greenskins’ chain guns and solid-shot cannons chipped at the rock wall. A shard spanged against Dak’ir’s pauldron but he barely felt it. The spatial display on his right helmet lens told him the orks were just three hundred and sixty-five point three metres away." /Salamander, p.329 - **

• "Like powered armour the suit's helmet contains its co

• mbat system. Referred to as auto-senses, features include thought-activated comms-link, bio-status readouts, full diagnostic and self repair functions, microphone, amplifiers, ear-protectors and an auto-reactive photochromatic visor to prevent the dazzling effect of sudden bright lights. Once plugged into his suit (a long procedure which requires the aid of several tech-adepts), the suit's visor also displays tactical information such as maps, way-point markers, compass, target recognition friend or foe and range-finder information and gives access to all the suits systems." / Imperial Armour Volume 4, p.15 - The Anphelion Project - Red Scorpions' Terminator

• - Helmet's auto-targetting systems:

• “He turned and emptied the last of his clip, auto targetters skipping from one head to the next.”/ Blood Gorgons, p.115 - **

• - Sync between helmet and Bolter targetting systems, as well as many other environmental sensors and alarms:

• “Barsabbas checked he had a full load in his sickle pattern bolter clip. His helmet HUD powered up, its ocular targeting syncing with his bolter sights. Slabs of system reports scrolled by his peripheral vision: climate, energy readouts, atmospheric toxicity, all of which Barsabbas ignored as the alarms brayed and amber cabin lights flashed.” / Blood Gorgons, p.49 - **

• - Helmet bio-sensors scanning multiple targets:

• “These three were alive, their living signatures throbbing with vital signs in Cython’s HUD.” /Blood Gorgons, p.62 - **

• - Helmet storing visual data "manually":

• “Sica made sure to recognise them, blinking his eyes to capture file-picts of the enemy.” / Blood Gorgons, p.63 - **
    • - Multiple optic sensors present in helmet:

• “As a matter of automatic reaction, the Blood Gorgons switched to thermal vision. Nothing. Night reflection. Nothing. Multilight overlay. Nothing. It was an unnatural darkness flooding in from the warp.” / Blood Gorgons, p.101 - **

So, my team will get on the skyscraper in front of their position, choose a well defendable room or maybe the rooftop, and hold their position.

Awaiting for other posts to come up with feats for other abilities.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

my bad, I have been wrapped up replying to other tourneys and such. I am also trying to wrap my head around how i'm gonna present my opener.....got it figured out now. I will post it up as soon as i get home (leaving work in like 20 min). Once again, apologize for slackin....

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No problem

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cjdavis103: absolutely unreal. I spent past hour typing my opener....lotsa work....makin it beautiful...n THE VINE ATE MY POST!!! Rrraaaggghh! And to top it off....my laptop antivirus just expired so on phone now till fix thst. May not get this done tonight. Man....I feel bad juju lurking about...

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: huh...never thought.of that! Thanks for tip.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cjdavis103: lmao! Serious, serious. Really good tip thank you. I will usevthat from now on. Lmfao...

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

ok, here I go.....i apologize for the wait and even now I'm having technical difficulties. May have to add and edit later butg at least getting something up finally.

General Strategy and Feats

First off, my team are fighters through and through. I have in Cap a living legend who is a combat beast, deathstroke is the ultimate mercenary soldier, and taskmaster who is the hit man assassin. They will not be fazed coming into the battle, as they are accustomed to fighting uneven odds and dealing with insane environments.

regardless of the enviromental threats by the Elric bros transmutations, team can take it. As far as the threats of the space marine and wesker....well it will be a glorious battle indeed!!! but not one that team can't win and have won against tougher odds.

Deathstroke

Deathstroke is insanely durable, has his armor, tanks bullets, and regen. Plus he has the offensive capabilities to tank pretty much most of environmental threats coming his way.

here's some offensive showing that pretty much sums up if he's getting in close enough......you guys are done. That staff can deal some hefty damage and the promethium sword is a fair weapon.

coupled with reflexes, agility, and combat speed that are quite substantial. He is more than a casual bullet dodger and has shown skills illustrating being able to block bullets as well

he even has enough skill to gets some shots in on members of the flash family (and take them as well), which is respectable and not too easy

and really all of it is due to the fact that he is able to react and move as fast as he thinks which puts his a step above most others. Gonna be interesting seeing him and Wesker go at it.

No Caption Provided

not gonna go into all the showings of his ability to take punishment/durability now, will save them for later. Also not gonna show every matchup/fight he's had but there are some good ones against Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, and Batman (especially when he whopped Bruce's butt)

But that can wrap it up for him now.....it's relevant to say he now is paired with a teammate that can compliment him very well and they intend to eliminate all the opposition!

No Caption Provided

Captain America

This type of fight is nothing to Cap. The battle field reminds him of his time with the Invaders! Cap is used to fighting opponents that are substantially more powerful than him, and in this fight it's no different. He is a extremely durable and agile opponent and never gives up. His main asset will be utilized through his shield wielding, superior combat skills and hit n run tactics.

let me showcase some of those reflexes and agility skills quickly to enlighten those not too familiar with him

and for those of you sayin that "cap is just a regular guy, how's he gonna hang and do damage to those opponents" well, let me just say that steve is not just your ordinary fighter. The Super Soldier serum did leave him with elevated stats and abilities........ not crazy levels but elevated. here are some showings of physical stat elevations

and man is he impressive with that shield! Defensively and offensively (just a few showings, saving the really good ones but really like the one of tearing through the truck!)

and it's important to note that since the shield was broken in Fear itself, it was infused with Uru to fix it. Adamantium, Vibranium, and Uru.......not sure it the Elric bro's transmutations will affect that?

No Caption Provided

not going to go into all of Steve's matchups right now because there are soooooo many. he has tangled with pretty much everybody in the Marvel Universe at some point or other. But he is used to fighting highly skilled foes and multiple foes with high power sets at the same time, will just show a few real quick....

we can go into specific battles and feats later but that should be good for now. and keep in mind........ Cap has a strong pimp hand, and not afraid to use it.....

No Caption Provided

and lastly.............

Taskmaster

He's incredibly more deadly and dangerous than he's given credit for.

Here he is going to use his skills to get in close for the kill. Granted that will be tough with some of the opponents here but he is no stranger to facing crowds and overwhelming odds just as his other two teammates.

and if he can fight Cap and Bucky Cap at the same time he should be fine with the opponents here.

thinking that his use of Hawkeye's skills and arsenal of specialized arrows will come in handy and be able to take out at least a few of the opponents

not to mention his fighting skills and abilities are extremely substantial. Heck, he trains other heroes, fighters, villians....just about everyone. He once fought Elektra with his eyes closed just to prove a point. I think he can put his opponents down here.....after all the bigger and badder hey are the harder they fall lol.........

No Caption Provided

@cjdavis103: there ya go man, finally. It was eaten again last night and I didn't use your copy technique!

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cosmicallyaware1: do you have a stratagem or are you just attacking. ?

oh my bad............

Cap is going after the Elric bros. Taskmaster's heading to do some damage to Peirpat's guys to start off (we'll see how it goes, he's tasting the waters) and Deathstroke is attempting to take out your other guy (forgot his name sorry).

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cjdavis103

@cosmicallyaware1:

Okay lets start with you sorry to say you put Cap and Death stroke in a very bad situation to even get to the eric brouther they have to get past the cannon fire

No Caption Provided

( this is early in the seris his cannons get progressively bigger) and ground attacks to even get close ( sorry i will put up more FMA scans to back this up later)

and then we have the wall they can fix right after You break them Know i know Cap is strong but can he break a 3-5 feet of concrete reinforced with rebar and steel ( from the nearby buildings)? he will have a hell of time breaking thoughe that espacily considering that he has to doges coninuesly a barrage of spike from the ground and cannon fire from above same applies to death stroke

now lets say they mage to bust thoughe nthat wall they still have the alchimests pumleingt them and now they have a theart in the shape of Shioon

No Caption Provided

Remember it!!!!

and now Issic joins the fray as well

No Caption Provided

Now at this point Cap and death stroke should be tired Shioon steps in for a cheap shot as soon as they walk in with his Ki strike now while they all have durabilaty these attack are powerful and they bypass normal durability by attacking the soft muscle tissue directly neither Cap nor death stroke are going to be able to take them for long,and any moves or tricks they use Shioon learns them after seeing it once useing abyssal insight , and useing his movement techniques he will dance around them

Issic adds his bit of science by useing his status modul to freez them in place leaving them open for Shioon or either of the eric brothers and he can use his plasma cutter to get to gristly work cutting them open, or he can use c99 supercollider contact beam or contact beam for short this thing was designed to terraform when used in combat this thing is insanely powerful charged up due to thee warning they will have it will kill cap and will drill a hole in DS, body armor

and all this is while the Eric brouthers have spikes and massive fists flying at them from every direction

Basicly your team is screwed becuause they split up and attacked a dug in team

@pierpat:

Okay your team is on the sky scraper? eric does this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Giant golem tears the building apart collapsing it and sending your team into the ground and coincidentally near task master

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: not bad. I'll get back atcha as soon as I can........but think I can handle this :)

No Caption Provided

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cjdavis103
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

I think so...................

ok, as far as addressing cap and deatstroke's durability and combat skills? okey dokey.....

Captain America

well I guess the issue here being brought up is Cap's ability. I am fully aware that he is going against two foes with transmutation powers. Sorry, though I gave a pretty good background bio about him. This is nothing serious for Cap. Cannons and Spikes and whatnot you say? ok. Cap fought in some major wars in the marvel U......and actually pretty much every big event (god, too many to list...........don't even know where to start!) So multi heavy environmental attack is nothing to him.

really. Every time cap breaches a fortress or some such there is ALWAYS heavy defenses. Aim. Hydra. there mighta been somethin like that in the past.....just sayin.

No Caption Provided

if he can handle multiple sharks (in their natural environment) , when his speed and attacks are slowed down, with no prep.....i think he can handle "rock spikes" and "cannon fire" but if more proof you need......

No Caption Provided

these beams hold substantial weight, probably much more damage than your Alchemist cannonfire could produce....actually cyclops blasts have shown more damage than the force of a tank.

No Caption Provided

here he easily dodges exploding landmines. not a problem.

and as soon as her gets in close (i know you don't think it's gonna happen but, it will) he for sure gets a KO shot in on the boys (sorry)....he can easily dodge the transmutations, plus how quickly can they pull them off? instantaneious? NOPE. HE GETS IN.....

now we're talkin about Deathstroke Vs Shioon right? plus an addition of sayin cap gets in too? Be back atcha......

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: I never said Cap was not a good fighter I love the guy but I dont see anything here that suggests he can break the wall

and if he cant break the wall then it is only a matter of time before he gets taged at worst the stalemate him and death stroke as long as they want to.

and i never said they can get past Caps sheild but he will have to doge and run around which will tire him out

now lets say you actually get past the wall ( I dont see how) and manage to sneak past Shioon and issic

and managed to get past all of the denses they can rig up ( massive wall collapseing cellings God fists , Ed is very creative when it comes to making things)

he will come face to face with the Brothers

No Caption Provided

Frist they are both master martial artists and well AL has a huge edge here

No Caption Provided

Yeah he is hollow

No Caption Provided

This explanes it now unlike this guy al is not dumb enough to expalne his condition to someone who is trying to kill him so when cap punchs him in the head Cap is in for a huge suprise then Al touchs him and hits him with a decomposition alchemy attack

No Caption Provided

this is the nonorgainic version, the technique requires that the brothers know the chemical composition of what they manipulate and as both of them have experience in transmuting humans and Cap despite the enhancements is human he gets touched he will die unless his body has molecular manipulation Resistance feats

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: ok back atcha now, sorry been busy. Real quick here......

just gonna throw some stuff up regarding

Deathstroke vs Shioon

This badass is Shioon leader of the sunwoon clan

he gained hsi power by taking a sprit medicine that grants him regen, increased stats, and enormous amounts of Ki

Shioon is trained by the 9 arts Dragon one of the most powerful beings in his world

he has the ability to copy the martail arts skills and techniques of those he fights against

he has a varaty of skills that he was either taught or he has stolen

he has a massive pain tolerance

he has a limit removal state that ups all his skills and stats by a huge margin

death stroke should be tired Shioon steps in for a cheap shot as soon as they walk in with his Ki strike now while they all have durabilaty these attack are powerful and they bypass normal durability by attacking the soft muscle tissue directly neither Cap nor death stroke are going to be able to take them for long,and any moves or tricks they use Shioon learns them after seeing it once useing abyssal insight , and useing his movement techniques he will dance around them

Whew, ok then, he sound pretty tough! good thing that Slade is equally quite the beast! I feel that Slade's durability is tough enough to handle these attacks, I mean he handled bullet fire pretty well and other damage. Check this out

Pretty confident that he can handle the Ki strikes....he's been run through by a sword in his chest. Here is an example of his regen/healing capabilities (specifically countering your statement about Isaac as well)

No Caption Provided

Showing only takes seconds to heal from laser scalpel incision. Should be able to handle pretty much whatever is dished out.

Now pretty confident that as soon as he gets in close that he will slice and dice away with his Promethium sword. Or Staff Blast. Or grenade explosion. or gunfire. Gonna stick with the sword for now. Let me show you what will probably happen to Shinoo.....

No Caption Provided

or better yet..................

No Caption Provided

and proving that slade can generate enough force with his sword (i love this one)

No Caption Provided

his blade....look at it, the heat/friction of the force he exerted. Would say that's enough to slice through your guy.

And Isaac is not really getting involved in this as much as you say mostly from having all those pesky ninja fodder I have running interference on him and distracting him until team gets a chance to fully address him. I know they are not really a danger to him per say.........but they keep him occupied for a bit

No Caption Provided

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

Nice durability but a few points

the frist bullet scans was not him it was his armor

the blunt forec trama was just smacking him it's not the same kind of damage to put it in perspective a Ki strike is like someone set off an explosion inside your body shredding your internal organs with enough force that as a side efect your bones break

the sword strikes are nice but he gets KOed by both and if he is KOed he is out of this fight

the sword is nice but you have to get past the fact that by watching DS while he tryed to get past the wall ( i still hae not seen anything with that much force yet) so he knows all of DS moves , DS admitted that he had could not beat cassandra ( who has a simalar detectiton abilaty) in a straight up fight And shioon has more mobilaty and power then her

and if you really want over kill this is not even Shioons final forum!

No Caption Provided

Black Origin Threshold (Hyun Wonji Gyung): The purest form of the Black Heaven & Earth technique. The Black Origin Threshold causes the natural flow of the Ki to flow in reverse and signifies the moment when one surpasses the limits of the consciousness and the subconsciousness, the enemy & the self, and becomes the purest "Mu" (Fighting Spirit). Black Origin Threshold is the essence of the Black Heaven & Earth technique, but at the same time, it is the greatest fault. Those who have attained the threshold in the past were all swallowed up by animal-like emotions, and lost their sense of the self.[3

basically Shioon has a Hulk out I win button this power massively increases his stats to a level far above his normal state it allos in enhances his regen to a much higher degree ( bones that where broken seconds before are fixed) and it also agives him pain immunity basically he cannot be knocked out, and he retains all of his skills in fact abyssal insight ( his copy ability) is even stronger in this form. and yes it is in character for him to bust this out if he is pressured

He will have warned his team about this ability so issic knows to stay way back when he uses it

as for the fodder.... they are stuck outside if not dead form the brothers raining alchimaic death on them

So issic gets to help Shioon if he tags DS at all with his stais attack ( which has a large splash area) DS is screwed from all the cheap shots my team can lay into him with

and this is all academic as your team lacks any feats to get past the massive wall and Shioon and issic get a cheap shot right off the bat if they bust though

and yeah i am to! Good luck !

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Pierpat

@cjdavis103: First of all, your team has no way to know mine is in the skyscraper if they don't leave your bunker.And if they do......I'll be happy.

Then you can't simply team down a modern skyscraper with a golem, come on, do you even know how nowdays buildings are built?!

He could create havoc at the first floor, but he won't destroy the main pillars......that keep the other floors up.

And morals are on, Ed has never done a scomposition on a living being, and he's had the chance tons of times.

He knew it would not kill that soul-armor because he had already soor where his sigil was.

@cosmicallyaware1:

Taskmaster's heading to do some damage to Peirpat's guys to start off (we'll see how it goes, he's tasting the waters)

I've actually laughed here.

I'm a taskmaster fan.

Don't believe me? Check the first BAT tourney, he was on my team.

But now.

this is what my team fires:

Bolter ammunition (a bolt) is primarily a solid .75 calibre slug. Conventional solid slugs utilise a propellant charge contained in a casing that, when ignited, forces the bullet out of the barrel. In contrast, a bolt is self-propelled; it features its own integrated solid propellant that propels the bolt at high speeds, essentially acting like a miniature rocket. The propellant itself is shaped to control the bolt's direction and speed. The standard Bolter ammunition is designed to penetrate the target and then detonate, causing immense damage to the target and leaving little opportunity for survival.

No Caption Provided
  1. A solid-fuel rocket propellant base
  2. An outer casing containing conventional charge
  3. Gyrostabilizer
  4. Mass-reactive fuse. Has a split-second timer to delay detonation upon impact until after the shot penetrates the target.
  5. Hardened diamantine penetrating tip. This allows for the bolt to penetrate most armour before detonation.
  6. Main Charge
  7. Depleted uranium core. This is a very dense material, adding weight and thus momentum to the round when in flight. This aids in the bolt's penetration of the victim.

Taskmaster can keep fighting with bullets in his body, but one hit from any of these and he's down.

And, we know he probably won't get hit by bullets, ok.

But, then we go to close combat.And he's screwed.

First of all, i've posted feats that put both my character's combat speed above blur level.

And now let's go with skill and strength:

Loading Video...

0:47-2:00

Wesker is holding back his strenght here, as he always does with Chris.

He has actually thrust a hand through a body with no hassle at all:

Loading Video...

But we can see him toying with two incredibly skilled agents who are legit bullet timers themselves without taking a hit.....

So, he has the speed he needs to hit taskmaster or shoot him point blank.

And then.

Raclaw.

Maybe his power level is not clear.

This is him before astartes training, enhancements and experience:

he proves to be the best warrior of his world(a barbaric and savage world), and kills a beast in one hit.

Here, while weakened,unharmed and without most of his physical enhancements, defeats a monstrous superhuman abomination:

Here he defeats a plague marine, superior to the average space marine, while only a scout:

And, at the end of the day, taskmaster has no way not only to put down, but even to seriously harm anyone on my team.

I've posted resistance feats for wesker(and RPG to the face-complete Impaling>>anything taskmaster can do), Here's some for the power armor:

“Barsabbas almost did not feel the crash. The drop pod collided with the planet’s surface at high speed and continued to bounce with a loose, jarring expulsion of force. The impact would have shattered any normal human’s skeletal structure.” / Blood Gorgons, p.49 - **

A force that would shatter a human skeleton does not even phase a space marine.

“They laughed as they worked, a drywicked laughter that was frightening in its intensity. From behind the circular saws of an industrial rockcutter, a hooded man lobbed a rock at Sica. He heard a whistling sound and he turned the slab of his shoulder pad towards the missile. There was a flash of light. Even with his eyes closed, Sica’s vision strobed red and bright yellow. It had been a grenade. The explosion pushed Sica slightly and made him grunt with annoyance at his own carelessness. He shot the man off the industrial saw, quickly, as if ashamed.” / Blood Gorgons, p.63 - **

Point blank grenade blast? Minor inconvenience

“A blast from a lasrifle struck Marduks helmet and his head was jerked to the side. Snarling, he turned to face the attaker that dared to shoot him.

Varus swore as he waited for the laslok to repower. though they fired powerful singles bursts of energy, the weapons were painfully slow between firing. Still the shot had done little more than irritate the towering monster that was leading the power armoured killers.” / Dark Apostle, p.79 - **

“With a hum, the Las-lok repowered and he fired again at the huge Chaos Space marine. The shot was taken in haste and not on target. Nevertheless, it struck the beast on the wrist, and his accursed bolt pistol fell from his hands.

Snarling in Anger, Marduk cleaved the long lasrifle wielded by the infidel in two, and reached out and grabbed him around the throat with his empty hand. He felt blood seeping from his wrist where the wretch had blasted him, but it was already congealing.” / Dark Apostle, p.79 - **

Tanking easily lasgun fire, that is comparable to a .50 cal.

So, my teams goes to the skyscraper, kills Taskmaster on the way, looks at the outcome of the battle at the bunker with raclaw's special visors(check my first post for their feats), then attacks the survivors.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

1. you have apoint they might notice someone on top of the building but i will conced that point

2. irrleavent but yes they can

3. he has the abilaty to do so and Cap is trying to kill him so he can and will

4. what?

and as for your team vs task master.... how are they going to fight him when they are on top of a sky scraper?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pierpat
@cjdavis103 said:

@pierpat:

1. you have apoint they might notice someone on top of the building but i will conced that point

2. irrleavent but yes they can

3. he has the abilaty to do so and Cap is trying to kill him so he can and will

4. what?

and as for your team vs task master.... how are they going to fight him when they are on top of a sky scraper?

Read cosmicallyaware's post, taskmaster is coming to my team, and i said he'll fight him on the way there.

I am saying that this scan:

No Caption Provided

is worthless, because ED did this only once with special conditions behind it, and having the chance to do it again many times after never used this method.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cosmicallyaware1: yeah ... Hopefully you can figure something out

I will do my best. I will always go down with a fight at least!

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Pierpat

@cosmicallyaware1: you sent a character against my team alone, never wanted taskmaster to end like that, i like him!

Good luck with figuring something out

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@cosmicallyaware1: you sent a character against my team alone, never wanted taskmaster to end like that, i like him!

Good luck with figuring something out

well in my defense, I didn't state that he would be defeating them by any means.....just seeing what happened, gauge their skillsets, etc....

he does have the capabilities to at least do some minor hit and run preliminary tactics and get outta dodge to rejoin his other teammates and provide info, which is what he;s gonna do here.

Firs,t his infiltration skills will come in handy getting into where you are. He was able to sneak into the shield to prove he couldv'e tagged Maria Hill if he wanted to.

So he gets in relatively close on your guys and unleashes some Hawkeye Bow n Arrow tactics first off in an attempt to disorientate

He sends a sonic arrow to get off balance.

Then sends an explosive arrow.

Then.............the big gun...........hits them with a Pym Particle arrow in an attempt to reduce size and play havoc. If it works, awesome and you have been severely hampered in this fight. If not, well then...you are at least fighting the effects long enough to be a non factor.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @pierpat:

well considering both of your teams are outside and relatively close to each other cosmics entire team could drop back to assist task master

@cosmicallyaware1:

Are those hank arrows standard equip? .... I am going to need to revaluate my plan if they are

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: I'm kinda pushin the boundaries of standard to be honest he has used rhem at least in 4 showings rhat I know of. Gonna let me slide with that?

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: gona take a shower real quick and then will b back. I gotta post in this tonight, my n kidmans Cav, matchup in new tourney w/ TGW....whew...

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: No problem man just wanted to make sure you where still up to this

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Pierpat

@cosmicallyaware1: to be honest, i would not consider the pym particle arrow standard.

Ok with the sonic....raclaw has an ear protection anyway.

Anyway, i'd like you to check my first post.

Space marines are always on guard and have tons(literally) of visors in their helmets, and notight i'll post highed senses feats.

And once my team know's he's there there's no way two bullet timers+ get hit by an arrow.

And again, if taskmaster gets any close to my team he's not going back "home"

My team is faster than him in both combat and travel speed, and as proven in my first post, he's not sneaking away.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@cosmicallyaware1: to be honest, i would not consider the pym particle arrow standard.

Ok with the sonic....raclaw has an ear protection anyway.

Anyway, i'd like you to check my first post.

Space marines are always on guard and have tons(literally) of visors in their helmets, and notight i'll post highed senses feats.

And once my team know's he's there there's no way two bullet timers+ get hit by an arrow.

My team is faster than him in both combat and travel speed, and as proven in my first post, he's not sneaking away.

figured you would dispute the Pym Particle, but I'm gonna press for it. Clint kept quite a few arrows in his Quiver that he saved for special occasions (such as the Ultron adamantium arrow with severe electrical charge that he used to KO abomination. plan on usin that one too). Seeing as thorough as Taskmaster is, he's going into any fight fully prepared. Seeing as how far above your guys are anyway, why really make it an issue? At least the fight won't be so lopsided in your favor (well, still pretty much but gives me a slight more respectable fighting chance, but only by a miniscule sliver at best LOL)

Don't plan on hittin ya, just need to get close/within general vicinity mostly.

I use the term"close" VERY loosely here. Taskmaster is no fool, you know that. He plays it safe first and foremost. He will keep well enough distance. He also has substantial skillsets including the agility of Cap, Daredevil, and Spidey (granted not hightened to Spidey's metahuman reflexes.....i know) so he is adept at evading. Once again, you know that.

Soooooooooooooo I'm gonna get back to this more tomorrow, got a revised plan of action that CJ is aware of loosely. OK?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: well, if you have the scans of him keeping a few and lately taken them to an encounter, i'm fine with it.

I only remember used them twice honestly.

And with wesker's speed, even being decently in bow range is enough to be caught.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: that's reasonable enough. Let's see whatI can do

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@cosmicallyaware1: well, if you have the scans of him keeping a few and lately taken them to an encounter, i'm fine with it.

And with wesker's speed, even being decently in bow range is enough to be caught.

In all honesty, I am having difficulty finding the adequate information for the Pym particle arrows. I know of two occasions (thought there was more but guess I was wrong). It IS established that Clint would keep specialty arrows in his quiver for certain occasions (such as the Adamantium arrow, vibranium arrow, EMP arrow, etc.....) and carried them along "just in case". So if somebody keeps an item on their person most of the time, yet only uses it frequently does that constitue standard? I would say so, and have seen a few arguments here in threads for both sides of argument really. There has been arguments for feats being used a few times and not many other showings yet the feat still stands as a feat. Now knowing that Taskmaster is a tactical master and using his mercenary background he will go into a battle as prepared as possible and use his equipment to his advantage. Considering his time at Camp Hammond, he spent time close to Pym. It's not crazy to speculate that he could have easily gotten his hand on Pym Particles, and also how thorough he is on the people he emulates and using their weaponry (such as Hawkeye's Bow and Arrow skills) he would have every piece of equipment that they use to improve on his tactics. He has the resources....he was in close with SHIELD and Osborne after all.

real quick showing that he has used other of hawkeye's specialty arrows

No Caption Provided

So good to go? Can move forward? Once again, seeing how BA your team is really don't see why you would be that worried.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

In all honesty, I am having difficulty finding the adequate information for the Pym particle arrows. I know of two occasions (thought there was more but guess I was wrong). It IS established that Clint would keep specialty arrows in his quiver for certain occasions (such as the Adamantium arrow, vibranium arrow, EMP arrow, etc.....) and carried them along "just in case". So if somebody keeps an item on their person most of the time, yet only uses it frequently does that constitue standard? I would say so, and have seen a few arguments here in threads for both sides of argument really. There has been arguments for feats being used a few times and not many other showings yet the feat still stands as a feat. Now knowing that Taskmaster is a tactical master and using his mercenary background he will go into a battle as prepared as possible and use his equipment to his advantage. Considering his time at Camp Hammond, he spent time close to Pym. It's not crazy to speculate that he could have easily gotten his hand on Pym Particles, and also how thorough he is on the people he emulates and using their weaponry (such as Hawkeye's Bow and Arrow skills) he would have every piece of equipment that they use to improve on his tactics. He has the resources....he was in close with SHIELD and Osborne after all.

real quick showing that he has used other of hawkeye's specialty arrows

No Caption Provided

So good to go? Can move forward? Once again, seeing how BA your team is really don't see why you would be that worried.

I know clint keeps special arrows, and i know he has spent time with pym.But, being reasonable that he has some pym arrows, i would not like to use it in a debate, not said we have feats that he actually kept some.

As an example.

My character, Raclaw, is a space marine.The comics cover like 8 of the thousands of battles he has done in his more than 200 years of war, so it's obvious he has not used the same 3 weapons all the time, and, by lore space marines have to spend some time as devastators, IE heavy weapon users, before getting to veterans, and Raclaw was a veteran, so i could easily assume he has had access to heavy weapons.

And i do, but i'd never use them in a debate.

Tons of similar examples could be used.

If clint had prep, i would have no issue with him using them, but honestly that quiver is not magical, it can only hold what....20-25 arrows?between standard and "common" special ones thinking he's always carrying something that specific without using it in casual encounters or stating he's carrying them is a bit too far fetched for me.

It's simply a matter of principle,hope you don't think it's personal, if you're determined to use them fine, i''ve already busted their use against my team honestly......

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Personally I think we should let him use them

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@pierpat:

If clint had prep, i would have no issue with him using them, but honestly that quiver is not magical, it can only hold what....20-25 arrows?between standard and "common" special ones thinking he's always carrying something that specific without using it in casual encounters or stating he's carrying them is a bit too far fetched for me.

I understand where you're coming from, I get it. I slightly disagree however but I really don't want to keep discussing one singular point for too long and continue to move forward.

In all honesty I'm just trying to pull out all the stops here and put up the best fight I can against opponents that are pretty tough (and quite a few steps above mine honestly for the most part).

It's simply a matter of principle,hope you don't think it's personal, if you're determined to use them fine, i''ve already busted their use against my team honestly.....

Nah, nothing personal. And like I stated before, we are not that familiar with each other and never debated before, so it's all good. I like to be a light-hearted debater and have fun while being as knowledgeable as possible. Hope I come off as professional, I really get enjoyment from this and actually take it with pride (been reading comics for like 30 years.....yeah, I'm kinda an old fart lol) hope I didn't present any "questionable" principles and take any "cheap shots"......I tend to tackle uphill/difficult debates as a way of challenging myself to be better and like those I idolize here (like beatboks for example).

That being said, I am determined to utilize every advantage I can obtain against such powerful foes. I will do my best to debate respectfully and fairly. And as far as bustin their use against your team............we'll see. probably, but it's worth a shot (HA! see the pun there!)

So.........moving forward. I do have a LOT still top say/present and in my eyes this is FAR from over.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: all my comics knowledge and interest is origined by an "old fart" #respect