(Based on potential power) Sentry vs Majestic

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Based on how powerful you think they can become (based on prior feats and personal theory) who do you think would win a fight to the death in space (NO VOID) let's use 2005 majestic and the most recent Sentry

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This looks like a question for Killemall and a Majestic expert to debate.

Buuut I'd say sentry's character is more about ridiculous potential.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Hers my curiosity though sentry is powerful no doubt but does he have the potential to be more versatile or more powerful? I think sentry is versatile where majestic is just raw power. But I could be wrong

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

Uhhhh I have no idea

The only powerhouses I follow are lanterns, lol.

But based off of what I've seen sentry has a lot of versatility, yes, but also just outclasses majestic.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SOG7dc

@thedarklordpandamonium: I've always envisioned majestic as Jim lees way of giving us a superman that doesn't hold back. Lik majestic is a morals off supes. But sentryis crazy powerful too. Idk... Hopefully a few aficionados roll through here

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There is nothing the Sentry has done on panel to put his even close to the levels of classic Mr. Majestic.

Physically rearranging the entire solar system without the use of any external amps. (Sorry some of these are coming out small.)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Flying to, and then into the sun and rearranging it into a binary star

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here are some random strength feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Majestic is capable of sustaining light speed for days on end while remaining able to detect tiny alterations in particles as small as photons all while moving at the said speeds.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Able to view an object the size of a particle of dust moving multiple times the speed of light. Also a pic of his nanosecond reaction times.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Multiple uses of his laser vision: The first two are of him reprogramming the Eradicator while in combat - also note the mention of his ability to analyse billions of pieces of information every second! The next two pics are of him using laser vision to alter the makeup of Jupiter and create an entirely new sun.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are all the pics I have available at the moment. Please understand this is not a knock against the Sentry; if you are a fan of his that is cool by me. This is simply getting people to understand how powerful Mr. Majestic was origionally created to be. He was Jim Lee's vision of how Superman should have been.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toptom

@world_breaker_elmo:

in the scans in which you say he was sustaining a lightspeed travel for days (actually they were months) he was flying inside some kind of spaceship, so that is hardly a feat if we look just at his speed.

then regarding the scan in which he sees a projectile 6 ftl, it is simply possible that he knows how fast it is, since he has already faced those vedettes before and he knows what they are capable of (infact he was talking about their tech right before they shooted against him.)

Still Mj is faster and stronger than Sentry and he should be able to win this fight...if this was not a fight to death: the Sentry can just reform himself over and over even if he get disintegrated. If the win was just via ko majestic takes this, but in the long run Bob should be able to finish him.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic wins if he has the Creation Blades. Without 'em, I can't call it but Sentry prob. has it.

World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom:

in the scans in which you say he was sustaining a lightspeed travel for days (actually they were months) he was flying inside some kind of spaceship, so that is hardly a feat if we look just at his speed.

That "spaceship" I will concede. I had quickly looked at the pic and believed it to be him pushing something instead. My fault.

then regarding the scan in which he sees a projectile 6 ftl, it is simply possible that he knows how fast it is, since he has already faced those vedettes before and he knows what they are capable of (infact he was talking about their tech right before they shooted against him.)

You make a good point about having already faced those enemies before and thus he could simply have gauged their speeds/information before. I am still new to Wildstorm but have been focusing a lot on Majestic due to his popularity around here. From what I have read about him so far in different issues, as well as from interviews with Jim Lee, he is a very powerful character.

Here is a pic of him outracing Captain Atom. If I come across more I will post them if needed.

No Caption Provided

Still Mj is faster and stronger than Sentry and he should be able to win this fight...if this was not a fight to death: the Sentry can just reform himself over and over even if he get disintegrated. If the win was just via ko majestic takes this, but in the long run Bob should be able to finish him.

From what I have seen of both, yes; Majestic physically outclasses him.

As for energy manipulation. The Sentry's greatest feat is a unclear "stalemate" over Galactus that was referenced off panel by Spiderman. I hope nobody tries to bring up that nonsense regarding him overpowering Owen Reece. I do not have time for that plot device induced character assassination of the Molecule Man. Majestic on the other hand has more consistent high level energy manipulation feats: reprogramming Eradicator, changing the composition of Jupiter and the Sun, creating a new sun, reprogrammes distant satellites/tech.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toptom

@carter_esque:

i think that sentry can simply reform himself

@enzeru: mj would not have the time to build anything against a foe of this caliber. Actually he has never built anything in a nanosecond: it was stated (right on the panel) that building that machine has took to him several nanoseconds longer than planned, so we don't know how long it took to him.

Mj's prep is very good...but he needs time: the last time he has used his tech against someone (spartan) he has spent a whole week just to reinforce some kind of armor.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@world_breaker_elmo: ...that's awesome! Can you pm me with info about where to start with majestic? And what great stories there are about him?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: Remember though that if sentry is confident and mentally stable he's a handful for anybody. I'm just curious if majestic is just tooooo smart and powerful for even sentry

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@toptom: On the point of the space ship and light speed thingy, yes it was the space ship that allowed him to travel at that rate. But after that (a few panels later), he aborted the ship since there were lasers targeting him, which were travelling at FTL speed, and he physically evaded it AFTER aborting the ship. Not a speed feat exactly, but an agility feat. Look at Buckshot's capability thread for Mr Majestic, can't be bothered to post up pictures =P.

And on the question, wasn't Mr Majestic's full potential was of him becoming a universal being and surviving till the end of time right? again, Buckshot knows...

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cooldes

@toptom: I lol'ed. so hard!

you said it took him several NANOSECONDS longer than expected as if that's a long time xD i know you didn't mean it to be funny but it just was to me for some reason

World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: On the point of the space ship and light speed thingy, yes it was the space ship that allowed him to travel at that rate. But after that (a few panels later), he aborted the ship since there were lasers targeting him, which were travelling at FTL speed, and he physically evaded it AFTER aborting the ship. Not a speed feat exactly, but an agility feat. Look at Buckshot's capability thread for Mr Majestic, can't be bothered to post up pictures =P.

And on the question, wasn't Mr Majestic's full potential was of him becoming a universal being and surviving till the end of time right? again, Buckshot knows...

I was hoping he would jump on this thread.

As for "...wasn't Mr Majestic's full potential was of him becoming a universal being and surviving till the end of time right?" That was an arc called The Big Chill. Maj is one of the oldest beings still alive anywhere in the universe.

On a side note - the more I read of the classic/Wildstorm era Majestic the more this new James Bronson "Majestic" character seems like a slap in the face.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By New_World_Order

Mr. Majestic...duh

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By toptom

@baberaham_lincoln: majestic did not avoid those beams: the ship has distracted those vedettes for him...as it was stated on panel.Then regarding the universal mj, yes that is his strongest form, but we don't know anything about it.

@cooldes: i know , that feat is IMPRESSIVE i am not denying it, but there is a difference ( a huge one) in saying : "he has built it in 10 seconds with several nanosecond of delay" or "he has built it just in several nanoseconds". i wanted just to clarify this.