Thor, more tools up his sleeve.

Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Klandicar

Barragan only needs one tool.  It is called Death Breath.  Once it hits Thor he is turning into bones.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FLCL1
@geraldthesloth said:
"Thor, more tools up his sleeve. "

@Klandicar said:
"Barragan only needs one tool.  It is called Death Breath.  Once it hits Thor he is turning into bones. "

im neutal imma lets some more people post first
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Klandicar: Please, Thor can transmute it into oxygen.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Klandicar
@FLCL1 said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

@Klandicar said:

"Barragan only needs one tool.  It is called Death Breath.  Once it hits Thor he is turning into bones. "

im neutal imma lets some more people post first "

We already know most people are going to say Thor.  I can't blame em though.  Barragan is just too stupid when he is in character.  He has what should be an unbeatable ability but a lot of people can probably beat him due to his stupidity.

Note below he stands in front of the wall while his enemies conspire behind it (instead of going around it).

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/369/11/

Thor can fly up to Barragan with a large curtain obstructing Barragan's view of Thor.

Rather than fire his death breath he stands there wondering what Thor is doing.

Thor fires a magical blast through the curtain smashing Barragan to bits.  Good game.
Noah Kenshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Noah Kenshiki
@Klandicar said:
" @FLCL1 said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

@Klandicar said:

We already know most people are going to say Thor.  I can't blame em though.  Barragan is just too stupid when he is in character.  Note below he stands in front of the wall while his enemies conspire behind it (instead of going around it). http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/369/11/   Thor can fly up to Barragan with a large curtain obstructing Barragan's view of Thor.  Rather than fire his death breath he stands there wondering what Thor is doing.  Thor fires a magical blast through the curtain smashing Barragan to bits.  Good game. "
I wouldn't call that being stupid. More overconfident.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FLCL1
@Klandicar said:
"@FLCL1 said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

@Klandicar said:

We already know most people are going to say Thor.  I can't blame em though.  Barragan is just too stupid when he is in character.  He has what should be an unbeatable ability but a lot of people can probably beat him due to his stupidity. Note below he stands in front of the wall while his enemies conspire behind it (instead of going around it). http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/369/11/   Thor can fly up to Barragan with a large curtain obstructing Barragan's view of Thor.  Rather than fire his death breath he stands there wondering what Thor is doing.  Thor fires a magical blast through the curtain smashing Barragan to bits.  Good game. "

we are not going by morals and habits  

both are out for blood 

by the way Barragan's lose was PIS
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Klandicar
@Noah Kenshiki said:

" @Klandicar said:

" @FLCL1 said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

@Klandicar said:

We already know most people are going to say Thor.  I can't blame em though.  Barragan is just too stupid when he is in character.  Note below he stands in front of the wall while his enemies conspire behind it (instead of going around it). http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/369/11/   Thor can fly up to Barragan with a large curtain obstructing Barragan's view of Thor.  Rather than fire his death breath he stands there wondering what Thor is doing.  Thor fires a magical blast through the curtain smashing Barragan to bits.  Good game. "
I wouldn't call that being stupid. More overconfident. "
Yeah, he was overconfident but in hindsight it was really stupid to be against Hachi and Soifon.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/370/06/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/370/18/

At least he went down like a villain should.  Like a screaming maniac.  Guess that's why there is a soft spot for Barragan in my heart still.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
Thor should win this fight
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FLCL1
@King Saturn said:
"Thor should win this fight "

for some reason i knew u was gonna come to this thread XD
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Klandicar

I'm going to be the only one backing the Skeleton Emperor...you said Bloodlusted, Thor might get too close and its over.  He does like to duke it out.  I just don't see Thor surviving Respira, it was written to be absolute.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FLCL1
@Klandicar said:
"I'm going to be the only one backing the Skeleton Emperor...you said Bloodlusted, Thor might get too close and its over.  He does like to duke it out.  I just don't see Thor surviving Respira, it was written to be absolute. "

i agree
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Klandicar said:
" I'm going to be the only one backing the Skeleton Emperor...you said Bloodlusted, Thor might get too close and its over.  He does like to duke it out.  I just don't see Thor surviving Respira, it was written to be absolute. "
Blood lusted thor would turn him into a twig.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FLCL1
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Klandicar said:
" I'm going to be the only one backing the Skeleton Emperor...you said Bloodlusted, Thor might get too close and its over.  He does like to duke it out.  I just don't see Thor surviving Respira, it was written to be absolute. "
Blood lusted thor would turn him into a twig. "

wow are u trying to fail? me and u kno ur overexaggerating
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geraldthesloth
@FLCL1 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Klandicar said:
wow are u trying to fail? me and u kno ur overexaggerating "
How, You don't know Thor's powerset im guessing?
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FLCL1
@geraldthesloth said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Klandicar said:
wow are u trying to fail? me and u kno ur overexaggerating "
How, You don't know Thor's powerset im guessing? "

no but i can ask u the same question  Barragan Luisenba ages/fast forwards anything
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jx4gz

No Caption Provided
I will give any moderator or staff member 1000 dollars to ban all the animevice trolls off these forums permanently
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By geraldthesloth
@FLCL1: I've read bleach from chapter 1-current, it's easy to transmute someone that isn't immune to it.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hellos

Thor definitely has enough fire power to take him down.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Klandicar

This definitely isnt a troll.  He can take him down with his magical blasts but if he melees he has a high chance of being aged.  Barragan is a tough opponent for anyone with an expiration date.  He'll speed it up on ya.

Thor fans, how does Thor normally start his fights off?  Because in the ones I've read he goes in with the punches.  Ya know?

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FLCL1
@Jx4gz said:
"

I will give any moderator or staff member 1000 dollars to ban all the animevice trolls off these forums permanently "

why is it u always fail on my threads go back to ur dads room and lock the door Xd
Doorknobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Doorknobs

I'm going Barragan on this one. Thor gets close up, hes pretty screwed. Especially if he has no idea of Barrgan's powers.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hellos
@Klandicar said:
"This definitely isnt a troll.  He can take him down with his magical blasts but if he melees he has a high chance of being aged.  Barragan is a tough opponent for anyone with an expiration date.  He'll speed it up on ya. Thor fans, how does Thor normally start his fights off?  Because in the ones I've read he goes in with the punches.  Ya know? "
Mjolnir should be effective, magic hammer ftw.

Thor #604
Thor #604
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FLCL1
@Hellos said:
"@Klandicar said:
"This definitely isnt a troll.  He can take him down with his magical blasts but if he melees he has a high chance of being aged.  Barragan is a tough opponent for anyone with an expiration date.  He'll speed it up on ya. Thor fans, how does Thor normally start his fights off?  Because in the ones I've read he goes in with the punches.  Ya know? "
Mjolnir should be effective, magic hammer ftw.

Thor #604
Thor #604
"

the hammer will make it thor wont
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hellos
@FLCL1 said:
"the hammer will make it thor wont "

Thor himself can live for a fairly long time, just that he needs to eat a fruit to actually never die from age.  
Plus he can throw it, generally what he does anyways with it :P
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FLCL1
@Hellos said:
"@FLCL1 said:
Thor himself can live for a fairly long time, just that he needs to eat a fruit to actually never die from age.  Plus he can throw it, generally what he does anyways with it :P "

lol 
well anything that ages instantly dies
Doorknobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Doorknobs
@FLCL1 said:
" @Hellos said:
"@FLCL1 said:
Thor himself can live for a fairly long time, just that he needs to eat a fruit to actually never die from age.  Plus he can throw it, generally what he does anyways with it :P "
lol well anything that ages instantly dies "
Instantly, no. Rapidly, yes.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By randumo24
@Doorknobs said:
@FLCL1 said:
" @Hellos said:
"@FLCL1 said:
lol well anything that ages instantly dies "
Instantly, no. Rapidly, yes.
It's an unending aging though. When he hit Soifon's finger tip, her arm started aging and kept going. The only reason she survived was because her vice captain was there to cut off her arm. 
Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kothoga

I'd like to go back in time and vindicate all of Barragan's losses starting with this one. How is a slugger like Thor going to get off any attacks when he will turn geriatric in moments due to the power of aging Barragan controls. Thor will be turned to the nursing home-dwelling Norseman then be dragged to the grave by Big B. Then we go full hype on Barragan's claims and he is sitting at multi-star level comfortably. If stars are considered puny compared to Barragan, then I sure as heck believe he can destroy one. Thor isn't even consistently at or above planetary. Barragan clearly got lowballed in this thread.

No Caption Provided

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@kothoga: Hey I’d like to ask you. Aside from this statement, are there any feats that support Barragan being Star level?

Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kothoga

@kothoga: Hey I’d like to ask you. Aside from this statement, are there any feats that support Barragan being Star level?

There may be other statements and when combined they would confirm he is above Multi-star level. For example, he states if an object does not last forever, it can be aged. Stars do not last forever therefore he can age them per the canon. Then another scan Barragan claims he can open up new worlds or new dimensions.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darthjhawk  Moderator

@kothoga: I see, though that didn’t really answer my question. Are there any feats though that back that up?IIRC, Barragan was known for being extremely arrogant. Also would you accept it if I said that because Madara stated his Perfect Susanoo could destroy all things in the universe, he is also Star level or above?

Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kothoga

@darthjhawk said:

@kothoga: I see, though that didn’t really answer my question. Are there any feats though that back that up?IIRC, Barragan was known for being extremely arrogant. Also would you accept it if I said that because Madara stated his Perfect Susanoo could destroy all things in the universe, he is also Star level or above?

Barragan has a power that can actually take out stars though, that's why no one has debunked this claim & he is literally stating he is above stars. Anyway, what's stopping Barragan from shooting Respira into the core of a star & destabilizing it? Respira is a continued chain reaction of decay and since stars don't last forever they would inevitably implode from this.

Madara on the otherhand has never shown a plausible ability to destroying all things in the Universe. Madara also contradicted himself by saying his Sussano is around Bijuu Bomb-level on the same page. It'd be like if Barragan claimed stars were puny then said "my respira is just like a nuclear warhead", but he didn't.

I gotta ask, is there anything that would stop Respira from decaying The Sun or a star if Barragan wanted to accomplish this? The ability literally had no weaknesses and is described as absolute.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kothoga: His potency might be star level but his area of effect is not so calling him a star killer isn't exactly correct and gives off the wrong impression.

I do think Barry wins this, Thor can age...its just a very slow.process and while Thor has resisted aging before via against Time Masters, their aging wasn't a conceptual aging that applies to even energy constructs such as kido.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darthjhawk  Moderator

@kothoga:

I’m not really trying to debunk it, just trying to get a sense of what proves it to be Star level. Though I don’t necessarily Believe that Barragan could even survive close enough to a star, let alone actually use Respira. Plus it was shown that if something was big and powerful enough and put into a position where Barragan can’t react, his Respira couldn’t really stop it. That was the case with Hachi and Soi Fon’s Bankai.

Also you still haven’t really given me feats to show that’s Barragan can actually do this. Statements aren’t really enough to prove that someone can do something they haven’t been shown to do. You used this same logic as why you wouldn’t accept Madara’s feat. That seems like a bit of double standard no?

Also I’m not really making a claim here, rather I am asking you to provide evidence and showings to back up your statement. Unfortunately the burden of proof lies with you to prove that Barragan can do what you claim.

Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:

@kothoga: His potency might be star level but his area of effect is not so calling him a star killer isn't exactly correct and gives off the wrong impression.

I do think Barry wins this, Thor can age...its just a very slow.process and while Thor has resisted aging before via against Time Masters, their aging wasn't a conceptual aging that applies to even energy constructs such as kido.

Barragan's area of effect would scale upward based on how he uses Respira. For example, if Barragan ages a Supermassive Black Hole that is holding an entire galaxy-together then he'd technically be galaxy wrecker. Respira has no upper limits shown and the only direction Barragan should be scaled is up. I'm not trying to give the wrong impression here, I just felt like I was lowballing Barragan when I initially claimed he is Multi-Star level. He should be comfortably above that based on the nature of his power.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: Star level is a misnomer, Barry isn't star level in that he could kill a star by getting close. He'd be star level because his attacks are conceptual and even stars are subject to the concept of age.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darthjhawk  Moderator

@diydeath: So would you say it has no limits? And it could work on anything?

batmanprep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By batmanprep

depends on what thor it is, barragan ignores physical brutes

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: Things that are completely timeless would be immune but if it has a beginning and an end then the concept of age applies to it and thus Barry can age it, even things such as kido (energy constructs, etc).

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darthjhawk  Moderator

@diydeath: I see then would you accept that Truth seeking Balls from Naruto can destroy all things that have molecules, since it destroys things on a molecular level?

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk: Isn't there anti feats for that though?

I'm not overly confident in my EoS Naruto facts so I could be wrong but I'm sure there was multiple instances of TSB from Madara not destroying what it hit.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darthjhawk  Moderator

@diydeath said:

@darthjhawk: Isn't there anti feats for that though?

I'm not overly confident in my EoS Naruto facts so I could be wrong but I'm sure there was multiple instances of TSB from Madara not destroying what it hit.

So are you saying that the feats matter with TSB but now with Respira? If they both involve concept that being aging & molecules should we not apply that same logic to them?

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By diydeath

@darthjhawk: Respira is a conceptual attack, it not only affected the material world but also pure energy in the form of kido. I wouldn't consider TSB any more of a conceptual attack than splitting an atom is primarily because TSB have never destroyed an already active jutsu such as, for example, death reaper sealing jutsu nor has it ever been described as a conceptual attack.

The feats for both TSB and reapira matter, however, context must be applied.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darthjhawk  Moderator

@diydeath said:

@darthjhawk: Respira is a conceptual attack, it not only affected the material world but also pure energy in the form of kido. I wouldn't consider TSB any more of a conceptual attack than splitting an atom is primarily because TSB have never destroyed an already active jutsu such as, for example, death reaper sealing jutsu nor has it ever been described as a conceptual attack.

The feats for both TSB and reapira matter, however, context must be applied.

Either way aren't both concepts? And both attacks work by destroying/decaying their respective concepts. So you don't consider Madara's TSB negating the effects of the Edo Tensei on Minato to be valid? Or Naruto's TSB negating and destroying Sasuke's Susanoo arrows? And even with context if they both matter then why are feats applied to TSB but its okay to only accept the statements for Respira?

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By diydeath

@darthjhawk: Because the difference between TSB and Respira are character statements.

TSB were, to my recollection, referred to as a molecular attack. I don't remember it being described as aging what it touches.

Barry on the other hand monologues about the nature of his power (the concept of aging) and then proceeds to provide the feats to back up his character statement.

If TSBs were described as a conceptual attack you'd definitely have merit for your argument.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

@diydeath said:

@darthjhawk: Because the difference between TSB and Respiratory are character statements.

TSB were, to my recollection, referred to as a molecular attack. I don't remember it being described as aging what it touches.

Barry on the other hand monologues about the nature of his power (the concept of aging) and then proceeds to provide the feats to back up his character statement.

If TSBs were described as a conceptual attack you'd definitely have merit for your argument.

You mean statements like this?:

Chapter 642

Where Obito states that common sense and logic no longer apply to him. And how Tobirama states that TSB nullify the concept of all other jutsu, which can be physical or energy based.

Or even how Kaguya's TSB in Chapter 689 was reputed to wipe out an entire dimension, which is how she creates her new dimension by erasing the previous ones:

No Caption Provided

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk:

Stating common sense and logic no longer apply is from Obito's perspective and has absolutely nothing to do with aging.

If you read your scans carefully there's no mention of aging thus Respira and TSBs cannot be similar in how they work.

Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Barragan being multi star-level so unbelievable for some people on here? We would need feats of a star resisting Respira to disprove Barragan's claims rather than feats of respira destroying a star. That's because when Barragan made his statement in his monologue about stars being puny, there's no indication he was lying. If we give him full hype, he actually put himself above concepts such as Freedom & Will. That would put Barragan on an abstract-level. As for Kaguya, there's less evidence she is star-level but it's possible. She is definitely not multi star-level though.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darthjhawk  Moderator

@diydeath: I read the scans. Please don’t tell what I did or did not read. When did I ever say that TSB are like aging?

They are both statements about the nature of their respective powers, something that you made a point to mention. Not only was I pointing that out, but also I was showing how both affect their respective concepts.

In addition it also a super lofty statement, not unlike Barragan saying stars and what not are puny.