Barragan Lousinberg (Bleach) vs Uchiha Itachi (Naruto)

• 54 results
andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By andr4132
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No knowledge

R1: Genjutsu is allowed

R2: Genjutsu is restricted

Win by any means

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....Barragan should be banned from the board.

Without knowledge itachi would die.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

How about Totsuka Blade, Yta Mirror, amaterasu, etc?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andr413 said:
@pierpat said:

Can Ameratsu burn a time-decaying mist?
Yta mirror is not omnidirectional

And against barragan using something that needs contact is a suicide.

SenseiGrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Itachi. Having no knowledge hurts Barragan more than it does him. Itachi doesn't even have to get close to him and it's in character for him to begin fights with genjutsu.

Round 2: Not sure. Depends on if Barragan can age Itachi's Susano'o or not, but to my knowledge chakra isn't something that can be aged. If he can, I'll give it to Barragan. If not, then I'll say Itachi.

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Itachi. Having no knowledge hurts Barragan more than it does him. Itachi doesn't even have to get close to him and it's in character for him to begin fights with genjutsu.

Round 2: Not sure. Depends on if Barragan can age Itachi's Susano'o or not, but to my knowledge chakra isn't something that can be aged. If he can, I'll give it to Barragan. If not, then I'll say Itachi.

It cannot. The Tailed Beasts are stated to be huge masses of chakra, and if I recall they are stated to be immortal. Thus, chakra doesn't age.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

@pierpat said:

Barragan isn't fast enough to avoid Amaterasu, and Amaterasu doesn't ever stop burning until it's target is ash. The only way to put it out is through sealing (Jiraiya) or Kagetsuchi (Sasuke). So Barragan gets tagged by Amaterasu and it's over.

SenseiGrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senseigrimm said:

It cannot. The Tailed Beasts are stated to be huge masses of chakra, and if I recall they are stated to be immortal. Thus, chakra doesn't age.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for clearing that up.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barragan both rounds

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andr413 said:
@pierpat said:

cannot be maintained for long enough. Barragan would speed up Itachis limited time with those abilities causing him to go blind.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itachi wins the round easy where genjutsu is allowed

in the other round.. it could be hard for him without knowledge

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gokuss4z

Itachi dies.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Hmm Amaterasu wasn't able to burn through Naruto's Chakra cloak or Gaara's chakra infused (IIRC), so how do you think it's gonna burn through Barragan's Respira (think I've spelled it right) cloak?

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Hmm Amaterasu wasn't able to burn through Naruto's Chakra cloak or Gaara's chakra infused (IIRC), so how do you think it's gonna burn through Barragan's Respira (think I've spelled it right) cloak?

When did it fail to burn through Naruto's Chakra cloak? And Gaara's sand is extremely durable. Respira cloak doesn't block things, it just ages them. Amaterasu doesn't age. So Respira Cloak isn't going to help

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Itachi' gets turned to dust.

isbobreallybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesnt it only last for 7 days after it forms?

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Naruto's chakra cloak doesn't block things either.

It happened Naruto Manga 697 page 6. (Can't post scans atm).

isbobreallybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By isbobreallybob
No Caption Provided

KN1 cloak was able to block, so anything with chakra can block it

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Naruto's chakra cloak doesn't block things either.

It happened Naruto Manga 697 page 6. (Can't post scans atm).

Yes it does. If you remember correctly, the version 1 cloak shown there adds immense durability. It protected the allied shinobi forces several times. It does block things.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Hmm it definitely enhances their durability. But I don't really know about "block" but then again... I'm just gonna drop that.

So his cloak blocks. I still don't see why Barragan Respira cloak can't dissolve the jutsu, just like how he's able to dissolve Kido or Shinigami, beings made of Reishi that is (as far as we know) a fundamental energy of the Bleachverse. (When Shinigami die, are disintegrated, eaten, or digested they are turned in Reishi/Reiryoku. Same diff).

You say chakra is age less which appears to be true but that doesn't mean a jutsu can't be dissolved.

Off-topic: how the hell can Naruto's KN1 cloak shrug it off but The 8-Tails (basically a stronger and more solid chakra cloak over Killer B) cant shrug it off?

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Hmm it definitely enhances their durability. But I don't really know about "block" but then again... I'm just gonna drop that.

Perhaps that's for the best

So his cloak blocks. I still don't see why Barragan Respira cloak can't dissolve the jutsu, just like how he's able to dissolve Kido or Shinigami, beings made of Reishi that is (as far as we know) a fundamental energy of the Bleachverse. (When Shinigami die, are disintegrated, eaten, or digested they are turned in Reishi/Reiryoku. Same diff).

Barragan's cloak doesn't dissolve anything. It ages it. It cannot age Amaterasu because Amaterasu never stops burning unless it's target becomes completely incinerated. If you cast Amaterasu on something that could never be reduced to ash, you'd have an eternal flame of Amaterasu. It lasts forever. Which completely counters Barragan's power. Kido and Shinigami both age. Amaterasu does not. And what? Shinigami are not made of spirit energy. I don't know where you got that from but they're not. If they were, that would be a major problem.

You say chakra is age less which appears to be true but that doesn't mean a jutsu can't be dissolved.

Chakra doesn't age less, it just doesn't age at all. As I stated before in this thread, the Tailed Beasts are giant masses of chakra, and they are stated to be immortal. Which means they won't die due to age, ever. So chakra doesn't age.

Off-topic: how the hell can Naruto's KN1 cloak shrug it off but The 8-Tails (basically a stronger and more solid chakra cloak over Killer B) cant shrug it off?

When hit by Amaterasu Bee wasn't in a chakra cloak, he was in a full transformation, which makes the Bijuu vulnerable to attacks (Check 8 tails horn getting wrecked, teeth knocked out, etc.). Naruto's KN1 cloak is just a chakra cloak.

isbobreallybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it dies out after 7 days, so respira can age it

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Simon_the_digger
itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi both rounds

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: "Barragan's cloak doesn't dissolve anything. It ages it. It cannot age Amaterasu because Amaterasu never stops burning unless it's target becomes completely incinerated. If you cast Amaterasu on something that could never be reduced to ash, you'd have an eternal flame of Amaterasu. It lasts forever. Which completely counters Barragan's power. Kido and Shinigami both age. Amaterasu does not. And what? Shinigami are not made of spirit energy. I don't know where you got that from but they're not. If they were, that would be a major problem."

Shinigami are made of energy. I'm pretty sure Urahara explain that. If they weren't made of energy and had actual physical bodies then all Humans would be able to see and hear them, Ichigo wouldn't need his other body, and Shinigami wouldn't need Gigai's. They're made of Reishi, their bodies contain Reiryoku, and they exert Reiatsu. Thats how Bleach's Shinigami works.

Anyway, it dissolved the Kido. Energy formed into a technique/spell. I don't see why it can't do the same for Amaterasu honestly. The fire that can supposedly burn for 7 days and 7 nights (doesn't that make it have an age btw? Sounds like it does). I don't believe it can "age" it, I just believe it can make it dissolve back into its base components (energy just like Kido) or at the very least the Respira will block it.

"Chakra doesn't age less, it just doesn't age at all"

Thats what I meant...

"As I stated before in this thread, the Tailed Beasts are giant masses of chakra, and they are stated to be immortal. Which means they won't die due to age, ever. So chakra doesn't age"

Hmm I could point out the faulty logic in that since Tailed beast chakra is completely different from regular chakra, and the tailed beast are special in their own right anyway. It's like if I said this: "Aizen is stated to be immortal and is a Shinigami, therefore all Shinigami are immortal". You see the problem in that logic right? Just because tailed beast chakra is immortal doesn't mean ALL chakra is. But it doesn't matter since I'm not debating if chakra can age I'm debating whether or not Barragan can dissolve a jutsu.

"When hit by Amaterasu Bee wasn't in a chakra cloak, he was in a full transformation, which makes the Bijuu vulnerable to attacks (Check 8 tails horn getting wrecked, teeth knocked out, etc.). Naruto's KN1 cloak is just a chakra cloak."

Meh but still. Seeing how they put emphasis that a full transformation>>a chakra cloak I would assume Bee would be able to shrug it off. It's probably just me.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MudaMudaMuda

@justsomerandomkid:

The cloak itself didn't shrug it off. Naruto removed the portion that was burning, the same way the Raikage cut off his arm and the juubi removed it's flesh.

BTW, I'd like to point out that Tailed beasts literally are just masses of chakra and that ALL chakra originated from the Juubi.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: "The cloak itself didn't shrug it off. Naruto removed the portion that was burning, the same way the Raikage cut off his arm and the juubi removed it's flesh."

I know it didn't "shrug it off", I was just saying it was able to intercept the technique and handle it enough for Naruto to put it somewhere and i find it hard to believe that the Respira can't do the same for Barragan.

"BTW, I'd like to point out that Tailed beasts are literally masses of chakra and that ALL chakra originated from the Juubi."

Still there seemed to be a very distinct difference between Tailed Beast chakra and Regular chakra and Sage Chakra. All Quincy's came from Yhwach. And yet all Quincy's aren't low tier reality warpers...

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justsomerandomkid:

I know it didn't "shrug it off", I was just saying it was able to intercept the technique and handle it enough for Naruto to put it somewhere

That's what chakra cloaks do.

No Caption Provided

and i find it hard to believe that the Respira can't do the same for Barragan.

Is respira some form of solid protective shield ? I don't think so.

Still there seemed to be a very distinct difference between Tailed Beast chakra and Regular chakra and Sage Chakra. All Quincy's came from Yhwach. And yet all Quincy's aren't low tier reality warpers...

Tailed beast chakra is just better quality chakra (tailed beast also have much more chakra), sage chakra is chakra with natural energy mixed in. All quincy coming from Yhawh (is that even the case ?) isn't a good comparison, we are talking about energy not people (think reiatsu as opposed to quincy's).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi should take it. He can trap Barragan in a genjutsu and observe his aging abilities. Not only that Itachi has clones and the sharingan gives him precognition as well. He can hit him with Totsuka Blade and seal him. Itachi should be able to keep up with him seeing as he kept up with Nagato, Killer Bee, and Naruto.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: The scans weren't necessary I already conceded to the cloaks being able to "block". I was agreeing with what you said.

"Is respira some form of solid protective shield ? I don't think so."

Maybe I'm not explaining what I mean by his Respira shield being able to intercept the Amaterasu, correctly. I'm not saying the his shield/arua/blast will be able to completely block it, I'm just saying the jutsu will have to burn through that (I'm assuming it can in this instance since I don't see why it can't be dissolved) first before trying to get to Barragan first. Like with Itachi's Amaterasu vs Sasuke's Fire technique, it had to burn through it first before it could get to Sasuke (to which he dodged IIRC). See what I'm saying?

"Tailed beast chakra is just better quality chakra (tailed beast also have much more chakra)"

Even though that crap seemed corrosive as hell. I just find it ironic that it's better quality because it's true.

"All quincy coming from Yhawh (is that even the case ?) isn't a good comparison, we are talking about energy not people (think reiatsu as opposed to quincy's)"

Yeah all Quincy's came from Juha Bach. I still don't believe I should assume that all chakra is immortal (honestly I wasn't even debating that in the first place) just because Tailed Beast Chakra (the chakra thats put on a pedestal by Naruto standards) is immortal.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justsomerandomkid:

The scans weren't necessary I already conceded to the cloaks being able to "block". I was agreeing with what you said.

Alright.

Maybe I'm not explaining what I mean by his Respira shield being able to intercept the Amaterasu, correctly. I'm not saying the his shield/arua/blast will be able to completely block it, I'm just saying the jutsu will have to burn through that (I'm assuming it can in this instance since I don't see why it can't be dissolved) first before trying to get to Barragan first. Like with Itachi's Amaterasu vs Sasuke's Fire technique, it had to burn through it first before it could get to Sasuke (to which he dodged IIRC). See what I'm saying?

Yeah, I see what you mean. But you seem to have forgotten that Amaterasu doesn't head towards the target it just spawns on them. In the instance you mentioned Itachi used Amaterasu to intercept Sasuek's fire jutsu before it could burn him not the other way around.

The most logical argument here would be Barragan's respira getting rid of Amterasu before it could do much damage (which makes sense) and not respira intercepting it.

Even though that crap seemed corrosive as hell. I just find it ironic that it's better quality because it's true.

Not sure what you mean by this. Of course there is a limit to what the human body can handle. You can't just expect people to handle/work on nuclear energy instead of calories.

Yeah all Quincy's came from Juha Bach. I still don't believe I should assume that all chakra is immortal (honestly I wasn't even debating that in the first place) just because Tailed Beast Chakra (the chakra thats put on a pedestal by Naruto standards) is immortal.

The problem is that souls in Naruto are made of chakra and souls are eternal, so..

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: "The problem is that souls in Naruto are made of chakra and souls are eternal, so.."

Alright let me just get to the crux of all this. Shinigami are souls that are made of Reishi. This "Reishi" doesn't age (the Reishi gets reused over and over again for thousands of years) When Shinigami die they are either reincarnated or their Reishi simply floats into the atmosphere, explained apparently by Kaien, Rukia (with her crappy drawings), and common sense. Kido is made up of Reishi. Barragan dissolved Kido back into the Reishi from which it came. I don't see why the same can't be done to Amaterasu. I'm not even going against that chakra is immortal I'm merely saying that Amaterasu dissolves back into immortal chakra. Amaterasu is merely a technique that require control, concentration, and molding to use. Don't see how that can't be dissolved back to what it originally was.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: "The problem is that souls in Naruto are made of chakra and souls are eternal, so.."

Alright let me just get to the crux of all this. Shinigami are souls that are made of Reishi. This "Reishi" doesn't age (the Reishi gets reused over and over again for thousands of years) When Shinigami die they are either reincarnated or their Reishi simply floats into the atmosphere, explained apparently by Kaien, Rukia (with her crappy drawings), and common sense. Kido is made up of Reishi. Barragan dissolved Kido back into the Reishi from which it came. I don't see why the same can't be done to Amaterasu. I'm not even going against that chakra is immortal I'm merely saying that Amaterasu dissolves back into immortal chakra. Amaterasu is merely a technique that require control, concentration, and molding to use. Don't see how that can't be dissolved back to what it originally was.

So you were arguing for Amaterasu not being eternal ? In that case I agree.

I thought you were claiming that chakra itself can be aged.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't resist .. im, here now

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda:

"I thought you were claiming that chakra itself can be aged."

Nah.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Itachi both rounds.

kuroimugetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kuroimugetsu

Hmmm respira could go underneath itachis susanoo perhaps. age the ground and then come from below?

ok

1). round 1 no knowledge = itachi literally spamming genjutsu from the get go. ... if so he uses izanagi and I think that's gg.

2). no genjutsu? itachi most go to move is disabled and either wins with extremely high difficulty or loses.

now the question is does amaterasu eventually burn out? if so then itachi is in for a more difficult fight. if not he has a way to "potentially" 1 shot him.

3). i could of swarm I seen raikage dodge a black shrowd of amaterasu when he fought sasuke. i don't think it spawns on targets

4). bar has a tine dialation that slows things down. making amaterasu dodgable.

5). arnt espada able to open garganta or however u spell it to fleet out of dimensions? ulquiorra escaped grimjows pocket dimension like thay (I think) and they constantly open portals to different dimensions so they could theoretically get out of totsuka blade.

that's my bit

Reiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaterasu burns for seven days and seven nights. Respira would speed up the progress and have the fire burn out, but i don't think without at least taking some injury since it instantly spawns on the target with no travel time.

Chakra doesn't age so Itachi should be able to take this both rounds with Susano'o, and/or totsuka both rounds.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanna point out 7 Days & 7 Nights is laughable when dealing with Barragan's Aging field & Respira. They erodes things away that have 100-1000+ life spans in the time frame of nigh instantly to a few seconds. Amaterasu would be gone just as soon as it was created.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be good battle.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Barragan isn't fast enough to avoid Amaterasu, and Amaterasu doesn't ever stop burning until it's target is ash. The only way to put it out is through sealing (Jiraiya) or Kagetsuchi (Sasuke). So Barragan gets tagged by Amaterasu and it's over.

Ameratsu burns for seven days and seven nights.

So, a mere instant into barragan's respira.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By TheVivas

Still Itachi.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Okay, looks like the scan I read was a mistranslation. I read a scan that said Amaterasu never stops burning until it's target is reduced to ash. Regardless, chakra has been stated to be immortal (tailed beasts) and Susano'o is made up of chakra, so Susano'o Totsuka. Susano'o Yasaka Magatama. Susano'o normal sword cut. Susano'o backhand. Barragan still loses. Just in a different way.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Okay, looks like the scan I read was a mistranslation. I read a scan that said Amaterasu never stops burning until it's target is reduced to ash. Regardless, chakra has been stated to be immortal (tailed beasts) and Susano'o is made up of chakra, so Susano'o Totsuka. Susano'o Yasaka Magatama. Susano'o normal sword cut. Susano'o backhand. Barragan still loses. Just in a different way.

Wait wait

the tailed beasts are immortal, not all chakra tecniques

Susanoo is a tecnique that requires chakra to stay up, and barragan's respira will shorten the time it can do so, just like it did with KIdos.

Tailed beasts do not require chakra, they are chakra, it's pretty different, comparing them to the susanoo is wrong IMO

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barragan.
Several times faster, stronger, smarter, more powerful, better hax, better look.

Itachi stands 0 chance against him.