#1 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say Songbird,she has constructs that are a major help.

#2 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Banshee.He is a much better fighter and alot tougher than she is.

#4 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I would say Banshee.He is a much better fighter and alot tougher than she is."

What defense would Banshee have against a hard construct coming right for his face or surrounding him in a sphere?Most likely this battle would be in the air and that realm would have to go Songbird.

#5 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump I was about to make this =)

#6 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting match-up. Can Songbird take Banshee's sonic scream and create constructs from it (i.e.- trapping a sphere or creating a wall in front of him to crash into)?
#7 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3562 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30: IIRC, the carapace she wears only uses the sonic energy of her voice to create constructs, so his sonic scream couldn't be used to boost her own abilities.

Also, Banshee's sonic scream may disrupt the sonic matrix creating her constructs - we've never seen her go up against someone else with the same powers, and this may be a case where his sonic frequency might disrupt the frequencies she used to create a forcefield. 

I give the edge to Banshee due to his greater speed, experience and overall power.
#8 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
@THUNDERBOLT30: IIRC, the carapace she wears only uses the sonic energy of her voice to create constructs, so his sonic scream couldn't be used to boost her own abilities.

Also, Banshee's sonic scream may disrupt the sonic matrix creating her constructs - we've never seen her go up against someone else with the same powers, and this may be a case where his sonic frequency might disrupt the frequencies she used to create a forcefield. 

I give the edge to Banshee due to his greater speed, experience and overall power.

Thanks. And good points. I think Banshee would win then. 
#9 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

songbird ftw. solid sound constructs are going to give her the advantage. and i believe she has beaten angar the screamer so she has fought a sonic screamer before.
#10 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Banshee once created a solid wall of sound strong enough to stop a seismic wave that would have destroyed Japan if he hadn't stopped it.

Methinks Songbird is out of her league here...
#11 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

i think songbird is getting a little underestimated here.
#12 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Banshee once solo'd an entire team of X-Men.

Songbird and her entire team of Thunderbolts once got solo'd by Hawkeye.
#13 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy)))
are you talking about the original x-men when he was a villain?
songbird has defeated sue richards which is impressive.