This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Silverrings (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane, from The Dark Knight Rises

vs

Sabretooth, from X Men Origins:Wolverine

- They are both wearing their standard outfits, and Bane gets his mask, obviously

- Takes place in a large abandoned warehouse filled with crates and whatnot

- They start ten feet away from each other

- No prior knowledge

- Both are in character

- Fight to the death

Opinions?

#2 Edited by RBT (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth stomps. He'll tear Bane limb from limb.

#3 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

#4 Edited by BlackWind (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

Victor tears him apart.

#5 Posted by dondave (27267 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth

#6 Posted by Sachmoo (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane was done incredibly wrong. Not being shown to be on Venom or have much of his strength, besides his punching the wall near the end. As much as i would LIKE to vote Bane, its gotta be sabretooth.

I might take Bane over Batman Begins Ras Al Ghul tho. No weapons, just H2H.

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4713 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth

#8 Posted by Black_Claw (2821 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth wins with little effort.

#9 Edited by RBT (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sachmoo: Bane was executed perfectly. Nolan made it pretty clear that he was not going to do anything supernatural in his series. Yes he was not someone who could put a hole in doors, but that's never been the point of Bane, even in comics. He's supposed to be stronger than Batman and smart enough to challange him mentally. He was both in the movie.

#10 Edited by SHAZAM117 (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

To the death?

Bane has no way of actually killing Creed. This is a murderstomp for the mutie

#11 Posted by Sachmoo (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Sachmoo: Bane was executed perfectly. Nolan made it pretty clear that he was not going to do anything supernatural in his series. Yes he was not someone who could put a hole in doors, but that's never been the point of Bane, even in comics. He's supposed to be stronger than Batman and smart enough to challange him mentally. He was both in the movie.

I hear you and agree with your points. They didn't need him to be unearthly strong in the flick, only strong enough to pose a threat to batman.

My point was, he wasn't as strong as he could have been. Had they gave him more of his comic strength, then he could put up some fight against Sabretooth.

I could have worded it better, but I ment like, 'they did Bane dirty'.

#12 Edited by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Victor creed! Dud got shot by like five guys tied up to a pole and lived. Also fought that strange powered deadpool with wolverine. He's way to fast, he has a healing factor and razor sharp badger nails. Bane has what? I cool talking voice, gorilla strength, idont see him doing any damage

#13 Posted by OreoAssassin (2844 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

#14 Posted by RetconCrisis (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth was a lot more impressive. Especially schooling Wolvie.

#15 Posted by Marvelfanxx (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Victor.

#16 Posted by BlackWind (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

"I am Bane..." *Creed claws his mask off*

#17 Edited by tparks (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane could slug away at Sabretooth all day and not do any lasting damage.

#18 Edited by batmannflash (6117 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth easily

#19 Edited by Wolverine08 (27295 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by CF12793 (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo said:

@rbt said:

I hear you and agree with your points. They didn't need him to be unearthly strong in the flick, only strong enough to pose a threat to batman.

My point was, he wasn't as strong as he could have been. Had they gave him more of his comic strength, then he could put up some fight against Sabretooth.

I could have worded it better, but I ment like, 'they did Bane dirty'.

If they included venom and gave him superstrength, it would totally deter the realism aspect of the franchise. My favorite thing about Nolan's Bane was that he didn't need to be 7 feet tall and 400 lbs to be scary and to pose a threat to Batman. I think if they went with the comic route, it would have killed the credibility of the franchise.

#21 Edited by Wardemon32 (3670 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane.

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (13340 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by God_Spawn (36014 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.