This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

vs

Captain America

Feats from The First Avenger, The Avengers, and The Dark Knight Rises are allowed.

Round 1: Cap has no shield. No prep.

Round 2: Cap has his shield. No prep.

Round 3: Cap has his shield. 30 minutes of prep for Bane.

Morals on for Cap, off for Bane.

Random encounter in a deserted NYC, start 100 meters away, in clear sight of each other.

#2 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

havent seen much combat feets from bane(from the trailers and tv spots) like cap could do like jumping up a fence, make soldiers fly meters in the air, and taking shots from the chitauri, and cap's shield will give him an advantage here specailly that he is a master of using his shield, so i see cap winning all rounds except if you give bane a gun it is possible he could win.

#3 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2802 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give my 2cents in about a weeks time!....Have to see what "movie" Bane is capable of first.

#4 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie hasn't come out yet, so we don't know his feats.

SHAZAM

#5 Edited by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cap simply because everyone in Nolan-verse Batman is realistic. Cap did things that weren't humanly possible so unless Nolan decides to give Bane above human abilities Cap should win! Can't say for sure that this is the case but it seems more than likely to me.

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say cap but the movie hasn't come out yet.

#7 Posted by Typhion (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cap simply because everyone in Nolan-verse Batman are realistic. Cap did things that weren't humanly possible so unless Nolan decides to give Bane above human abilities Cap should win! Can't say for sure that this is the case but it seems more than likely to me.

I'm pretty sure Cap would own Bane in a movie versions match-up. I'm not even sure Nolan will even touch the whole venom enhancement.

#8 Posted by EternalDecider (293 posts) - - Show Bio

You trying to be as spiteful as ? Hahahah not bad. But everyone's going to have to watch the movie first. Rather excited about it, i must say. With it being the final in the series and all.

#9 Posted by Nefarious (19525 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say for sure.

#10 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cap would win......for now.

I'd have to see if Bane could beat Batman then maybe I'd change my mind.

#11 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cap simply because everyone in Nolan-verse Batman is realistic. Cap did things that weren't humanly possible so unless Nolan decides to give Bane above human abilities Cap should win! Can't say for sure that this is the case but it seems more than likely to me.

Bane snapped his handcuffs with ease while he was on the plane. If Bane has prep I think this will be a good matchup, the movie Bane seems to be very clever.

#12 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

The only movie that i've seen with Bane is Batman and Robin....and Cap would DESTROY plant Bane,

Ask me that question in about a week though....

#13 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpity bump bump

Movie's out today where I live, anybody seen it or seeing it soon? Remember don't spoil the movie for others!

#14 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9565 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane did have enhanced strength and he did destroy Batman, but Cap is stronger and faster, and he has that shield. He should take this. 

#15 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

Bumpity bump bump

Movie's out today where I live, anybody seen it or seeing it soon? Remember don't spoil the movie for others!

I've seen it .................................................................................................................. I have seen Jesus ...... and Bane would probably lose to Cap due to the physical differences

#16 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Dude I cannot wait to see it, I'm more hyped than I was for the Avengers

#17 Posted by Saren (25569 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane completely destroyed Batman the first time they fought and broke his back for good measure; but the second time they fought Batman beat him by breaking the device that suppressed his pain. I see Cap replicating that with a shield bash to the face and then taking him down.

#18 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: Its made so much money already I think it skipped Avengers .... but it might not make that much more due to a theater closing over seas cuz of a massive shooting in Colorado .... during TDKR some nut with a gas mask, guns and tear gas lit the place up with bullets and killed 12 people (50 injured) .... the Batman fans aren't letting that stop them though ... they are still going to see the movie regardless .... it's worth it I guess

#19 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ChaosBlazer: Its made so much money already I think it skipped Avengers .... but it might not make that much more due to a theater closing over seas cuz of a massive shooting in Colorado .... during TDKR some nut with a gas mask, guns and tear gas lit the place up with bullets and killed 12 people (50 injured) .... the Batman fans aren't letting that stop them though ... they are still going to see the movie regardless .... it's worth it I guess

it cost the lives of many people for christ sake!

#20 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: They don't care .... they won't let some guy with a gun stop them from seeing a movie about a guy who owns the crap out of guys like that .... Batman is a symbol of hope .... regardless if he isn't real or not ... he's real to them .... and they want to see him kick ass ...

#21 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Oh man, that's terrible! 12 people? And yes, I'm definitely seeing the movie anyways. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

#22 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Oh man, that's terrible! 12 people? And yes, I'm definitely seeing the movie anyways. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Don't want to spoil anything, but the twists and turns this movie takes are in-freakin-sane ... I saw all the movies back to back (I was there for 10 hrs) and it is crucial to do so to completely understand the dark knight rises .......

#23 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Don't want to spoil anything, but the twists and turns this movie takes are in-freakin-sane ... I saw all the movies back to back (I was there for 10 hrs) and it is crucial to do so to completely understand the dark knight rises .......

Yeah Ive seen the prequels each like 4-5 times, all great movies

#24 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: IKR ... they got flash backs and stuff too ... I really want to spoil this movie though .... so bad ... but i will contain myself ...

#25 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America should be able to take Bane, especially considering he took on The Red Skull, who had similar strength, also took on Loki with his enhanced staff H2H. Batman was retired and softened up when Bane had a go at him, then Batman came back and beat the crap out of him. Cap ftw.

#26 Posted by Nefarious (19525 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, I know. Cap wins here.

#27 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (39059 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap and it honestly shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Staff
#29 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I personally don't agree as I think movie Batman would win against movie Cap, and Bane would beat Batman so yeah.....

He was fast, ruthless, strong and on par or better than Batman in H2H in the film. Unless he can break his mask Cap is done.

#30 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America should have this, though bane is alot stronger.

#31 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Bane completely destroyed Batman the first time they fought and broke his back for good measure; but the second time they fought Batman beat him by breaking the device that suppressed his pain. I see Cap replicating that with a shield bash to the face and then taking him down.

I think Cap can do it without even touching the device, despite clearly not being as skilled a fighter. I just think his physicals carry him right though the fight.

#32 Posted by ComicStooge (12428 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Cap and it honestly shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Did you expect Bane to wreck Batman like he did in their first fight?

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (39059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd: Well, I sincerely disagree regarding movie Batman vs movie Captain America. Captain America's physicals are simply too great. One strike would send armored HYDRA troops flying like ragdolls and that shield is bringing yet another advantage to the table.

and Bane would beat Batman so yeah.....

And Batman beat Bane...

Staff
#34 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Om4zd: Well, I sincerely disagree regarding movie Batman vs movie Captain America. Captain America's physicals are simply too great. One strike would send armored HYDRA troops flying like ragdolls and that shield is bringing yet another advantage to the table.

And Batman beat Bane...

Agreed. Actually, I think even though they were on more even ground the second time around, it looked to me like Batman had the advantage the entire time even before he started attacking the mask.

#35 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@k4tzm4n said:

And Batman beat Bane...

Agreed. Actually, I think even though they were on more even ground the second time around, it looked to me like Batman had the advantage the entire time even before he started attacking the mask.

I know he did.

Care to explain why Batman lost the first round?

Your answer (if it's correct) would explain Captain America's downfall against Bane in this fight.

Bane DEFINITELY has the upper ground in H2H and he can take some SERIOUS damage and shrug it off. Batman seemed like he was punching as hard as he could in the first round and he has shown to knock thugs down in a single punch in the previous movies before.

Physical superiority wouldn't help Cap in this fight either. Just don't forget about what Karate Kid has done and can do to people superior to him just because of his H2H skill. Cap didn't even seem THAT much superior in strength to Bane anyway. Bane kicked Batman almost 10 feet away in the first round, picked him up with ease and......you know what happened next.

#36 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd:

Bruce Wayne was "out of shape" for the first fight. That and as Bane stated, he fought like a man half his age.

Physical superiority matters when you are so fast, Bane would appear to be punching in slow motion. You are giving Bane a little too much credit here. He was not Batman's superior. I doubt he would have beaten Batman at his prime and if he did not have a drug that was completely negating the pain of any injury.

Did not seem superior to Bane in strength? Really? What strength feats put him close to Captain America? Kicking someone 10 feet is actually a feat anyone can perform if they are experienced fighters. Lifting a 200 lb man over your head is nothing to lifting a motorcycle saddled with 3 people over your head with ease. I am 5'11 and 165 lbs and I can nearly lift 200 lbs over my head. Let's not get carried away on Bane fanwanking.

#37 Posted by chaos-soul (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

@Erik said:

@k4tzm4n said:

And Batman beat Bane...

I know he did.

Care to explain why Batman lost the first round?

Your answer (if it's correct) would explain Captain America's downfall against Bane in this fight.

Bane DEFINITELY has the upper ground in H2H and he can take some SERIOUS damage and shrug it off. Batman seemed like he was punching as hard as he could in the first round and he has shown to knock thugs down in a single punch in the previous movies before.

Physical superiority wouldn't help Cap in this fight either. Just don't forget about what Karate Kid has done and can do to people superior to him just because of his H2H skill. Cap didn't even seem THAT much superior in strength to Bane anyway. Bane kicked Batman almost 10 feet away in the first round, picked him up with ease and......you know what happened next.

batman may have been punching as hard as he can, but he is still no where near as strong as cap. caps punches would hurt more and his sheild took a hit from thors hammer and angry thor at that. bane loses imo

#38 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Om4zd:

Bruce Wayne was "out of shape" for the first fight. That and as Bane stated, he fought like a man half his age.

Physical superiority matters when you are so fast, Bane would appear to be punching in slow motion. You are giving Bane a little too much credit here. He was not Batman's superior. I doubt he would have beaten Batman at his prime and if he did not have a drug that was completely negating the pain of any injury.

Did not seem superior to Bane in strength? Really? What strength feats put him close to Captain America? Kicking someone 10 feet is actually a feat anyone can perform if they are experienced fighters. Lifting a 200 lb man over your head is nothing to lifting a motorcycle saddled with 3 people over your head with ease. I am 5'11 and 165 lbs and I can nearly lift 200 lbs over my head. Let's not get carried away on Bane fanwanking.

"Out of shape" but he fought like a young man....... Think about that because I think he mean't in terms of experience he fought like a young man because he underestimated Bane.

He was actually moving quite a bit faster and punching faster than Batman in his fights if you pay attention. If when you buy TDKR DVD/Blu-Ray when it comes out and compare Bane's speed to cap's you'll see they are equal there. And saying IF Batman was in his prime or he didn't have his drug negating the pain he'd lose has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

DID I SAY CAP DIDN'T SEEM SUPERIOR TO BANE?!?!?!

I said he didn't seem THAT much superior but I know he is still superior physically. I am 5/11 also but 84lbs and can nearly lift 200lbs....... For real I swear down I am not lying. In the film Bane is still 5/10 (Tom Hardy 5/10) but can lift Batman who most probably weighed over 200lbs with EASE. You are forgetting about how FAST he lifted him up WITH EASE and did you know what to him. Just think about this. Cap is superior yes by as much as you think.

#39 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America 

#40 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

"Out of shape" but he fought like a young man....... Think about that because I think he mean't in terms of experience he fought like a young man because he underestimated Bane.

He was actually moving quite a bit faster and punching faster than Batman in his fights if you pay attention. If when you buy TDKR DVD/Blu-Ray when it comes out and compare Bane's speed to cap's you'll see they are equal there. And saying IF Batman was in his prime or he didn't have his drug negating the pain he'd lose has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

DID I SAY CAP DIDN'T SEEM SUPERIOR TO BANE?!?!?!

I said he didn't seem THAT much superior but I know he is still superior physically. I am 5/11 also but 84lbs and can nearly lift 200lbs....... For real I swear down I am not lying. In the film Bane is still 5/10 (Tom Hardy 5/10) but can lift Batman who most probably weighed over 200lbs with EASE. You are forgetting about how FAST he lifted him up WITH EASE and did you know what to him. Just think about this. Cap is superior yes by as much as you think.

• Maybe you should think about that statement because Bane even explained it and it had nothing to do with underestimating and everything to do with putting everything he had in his strikes. Bane clearly states this.
  • Ah.... no Bane was not moving quite a bit faster. He was faster sure but he was still only faster than an out of shape, middle-aged, almost crippled hero. He was not faster than Batman the second time around by any means and all Batman did was get back in shape. On top of that, neither Batman or Bane were beyond human levels.
  • Yeah... Batman not being in his prime and Bane having a drug that negated pain has quite a bit to do with this discussion. Especially considering it was the only reason he beat Batman.
  • No, you did not say Bane was superior but you did say you think he was close to Captain America... which is just flat out wrong.
  • I am glad you can lift 200lbs, it is amazing really. Gold star to you. But if a guy that is 84 lbs can lift 200 lbs, why is it impressive that Bane can do it?
  • Actually, Bane lifting Batman that fast does not make it more impressive because he is swinging the weight, which cuts the force required to make the lift. Why do you think weight lifters call it "cheating" in the gym?
  • Cap is significantly superior. You are wrong.
#41 Edited by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Okey dokey. I will admit that you are right about Captain America being physically superior. And I will back up my argument that his physical superiority wouldn't matter in a H2H battle with someone who clearly outmatches him in that department. You may think that I am going back to this just because I have nothing left to throw at you. But when I first used this physical superiority doesn't matter argument you didn't reply to it and only replied to my argument that Cap is not THAT superior to Bane physically.

Just in case you forgot:

"Physical superiority wouldn't help Cap in this fight either. Just don't forget about what Karate Kid has done and can do to people superior to him just because of his H2H skill."

#42 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap isn't superhuman, he is just peak human, can bench about 350Kg. Meanwhile Bane is supposed to be superhuman right? Also kicking someone 10 feet is not normal for human, try kicking someone as hard as you can, they probably wont move at all, let alone fly 10 feet.

#43 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

@Erik: Okey dokey. I will admit that you are right about Captain America being physically superior. And I will back up my argument that his physical superiority wouldn't matter in a H2H battle with someone who clearly outmatches him in that department. You may think that I am going back to this just because I have nothing left to throw at you. But when I first used this physical superiority doesn't matter argument you didn't reply to it and only replied to my argument that Cap is not THAT superior to Bane physically.

Just in case you forgot:

"Physical superiority wouldn't help Cap in this fight either. Just don't forget about what Karate Kid has done and can do to people superior to him just because of his H2H skill."

Karate Kid is a terrible example because no one matches that in comics or in movies. Using that comparison would be like me using Superman to prove physical superiority. It is just ridiculous. Yes, Bane is the superior hand to hand combatant. But Cap's physicals so far eclipse Bane's that the superior technical skill does not really matter. A good example to illustrate this is Batman compared to Deathstroke. In a H2H fight, Batman is clearly superior in knowledge and technical skill however he is not beating Deathstroke or overcoming DS's stats without several factors tilt the balance in his favor such as prep and gadgets, none of which he would be able to use in a H2H fight.

#44 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand what you mean by that. I simply used KK as an example but never was comparing him with Bane. KK takes down the likes of Superboy Prime.

My point is you would think pressure points, nerve strikes and the power behind a normal humans strikes would do nothing against him. But they can and KK has done it.

And since Cap is inferior to SPB a lot, but still superior to Bane, then he must still have weaknesses such as nerve strikes pressure points which Bane could exploit because of his superior fighting skill and knowledge.

#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is has the physical advantage by quite a factor. The shield only amplifies his chances for success.

#46 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a close battle, if Bane is able to get ahold of Cap, Cap is in trouble.

#47 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 : Bane, barely.

Round 2 : Captain America

Round 3 : Captain America

#48 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Cap

Round 2 - Cap easily

Round 3 - Cap stomps ( I thought Cap was the one with prep - still he wins)

Also, I knew this thread would be made sooner or later, I just dont know why people expected Bane to be a match when Nolanverse is so realistic

#49 Posted by k4tzm4n (39059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Cap is has the physical advantage by quite a factor. The shield only amplifies his chances for success.

Agreed completely. I'm not sure how anyone could honestly believe otherwise.

Staff
#50 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Agreed completely. I'm not sure how anyone could honestly believe otherwise.

Exactly. A broken Batman far beyond his prime was able to defeat Bane by simply training body-weight exercises for five months straight. Cap was smacking around armoured Hydra soldiers like fly's, out-running cars and even took a bullet without even noticing it.