• 62 results
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ferro Vida

Bane starts at the pitcher's mound and Batroc starts at home plate. The stadium is deserted with all of the lights on and baseball bats and ball still in the dugouts. Bane is on moderate venom, putting him just above the one ton range of strength.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ferro Vida

The first Bane thread that isn't a complete mismatch and no one even looks at it?

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ziro

I'm not very familiar with The Leaper, but Bane stikes me as the much more technically sound and tactful combatant. I'll give the nod to Bane.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CAPiTA
@Ferro Vida said:
" Location: Wrigley Field  Bane starts at the pitcher's mound and Batroc starts at home plate. The stadium is deserted with all of the lights on and baseball bats and ball still in the dugouts. Bane is on moderate venom, putting him just above the one ton range of strength. "
are they playing baseball or fighting? :P
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ferro Vida
@CAPiTA said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" Location: Wrigley Field  Bane starts at the pitcher's mound and Batroc starts at home plate. The stadium is deserted with all of the lights on and baseball bats and ball still in the dugouts. Bane is on moderate venom, putting him just above the one ton range of strength. "
are they playing baseball or fighting? :P "
Fighting xD

@Ziro said:
" I'm not very familiar with The Leaper, but Bane stikes me as the much more technically sound and tactful combatant. I'll give the nod to Bane. "
I would give the technical edge to Batroc, actually. He is good enough that Tony Stark brought him on to train recruits in combat in the initiative.
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ziro
@Ferro Vida: 

That is true. But what I meant is Bane seems more methodical(more the types to utilize pressure points, or simply break a bone as opposed to drawing the fight out for the sake of it).
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Ziro said:
" @Ferro Vida:  That is true. But what I meant is Bane seems more methodical(more the types to utilize pressure points, or simply break a bone as opposed to drawing the fight out for the sake of it). "
I'll give you the bone breaking, but He needs to get his hands on Batroc first, and Georges isn't called "the leaper" for nothing
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By "Colossus"

i dont know the leaper i have too look him up

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ziro
@Ferro Vida: 

Right. But I believe Bane could(again COULD, not saying he'd do it without fail...) wait for him to try to land a kick or a jab, then grab him and end it(because from what I've gathered Batroc fighting style is more along the line of gymnastics and kick-boxing, while Bane is more of an opportunist).
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Power NeXus
@Ziro said:
"@Ferro Vida:  Right. But I believe Bane could(again COULD, not saying he'd do it without fail...) wait for him to try to land a kick or a jab, then grab him and end it(because from what I've gathered Batroc fighting style is more along the line of gymnastics and kick-boxing, while Bane is more of an opportunist). "

well put
Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Jerry Seinfeld

Bane by far. He is superhumanly strong. He is a smarter opponent and while both have good fighting skill;Bane is so much stronger it doesn't matter.
Spinner Ocho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spinner Ocho

Batroc the Leaper.Better fighter..amazing agility.

Isaiah Bradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Isaiah Bradley

Batroc is one of the top 10 martial arts masters in the MU (according to Marvel) So he would def have the edge there. If Batman has ever bested Bane with fighting alone I would give it to Batroc If Bane could get a hold of Batroc it would be game over. Because of the "moderate" venom level i will have to go with Batroc.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Isaiah Bradley said:

"Batroc is one of the top 10 martial arts masters in the MU (according to Marvel) So he would def have the edge there. If Batman has ever bested Bane with fighting alone I would give it to Batroc If Bane could get a hold of Batroc it would be game over. Because of the "moderate" venom level i will have to go with Batroc. "

I fail to see why Bane woudlnt be able to touch Batroc before being KO'd.  Some scans of Batroc's "amazing" agility would be nice ;)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Isaiah Bradley said:
" Batroc is one of the top 10 martial arts masters in the MU (according to Marvel) So he would def have the edge there. If Batman has ever bested Bane with fighting alone I would give it to Batroc If Bane could get a hold of Batroc it would be game over. Because of the "moderate" venom level i will have to go with Batroc. "
Batroc isn't even top 30.
Isaiah Bradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Isaiah Bradley
@Vance Astro said:
" @Isaiah Bradley said:
" Batroc is one of the top 10 martial arts masters in the MU (according to Marvel) So he would def have the edge there. If Batman has ever bested Bane with fighting alone I would give it to Batroc If Bane could get a hold of Batroc it would be game over. Because of the "moderate" venom level i will have to go with Batroc. "
Batroc isn't even top 30. "
Yes he is. He is #9 right before Kitty Pride and right after Stick. To be honest I agree with you but I didn't make the list, Marvel did.
No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Isaiah Bradley said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Isaiah Bradley said:
Yes he is. He is #9 right before Kitty Pride and right after Stick. To be honest I agree with you but I didn't make the list, Marvel did.

"

....That was a list made for the marvel website...A rather inaccurate list, too.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Isaiah Bradley said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Isaiah Bradley said:
No Caption Provided
"
1.This was on Marvel's website but not written by anyone at Marvel. 
2.I can name over 30 characters undeniably better than Batroc. 
3.Marvel has never suggested in any book that Batroc was a top 10 level fighter.He has now showings that prove that and he's rated a 5 in the official handbook.I'm sure you have to be a 7 to be top 10 level.7 is the highest level.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Precise

Well, then I'll go in a different direction but i'll back Batroc for the win. I don't believe he's anywhere near the top 10 fighters as mentioned in the thread before however the same can be said about Bane. In fighting skill I still think Batroc is above Bane. His agility is without a doubt highter then Banes. What Bane has going for him is his strength and his tactical skill. However, Bane is still slower then Batroc, and Batroc is no idiot.. when he sees Bane's hugely muscled body he'll know not to get caught by him.

With his superior speed, agility and arguably fighting skill advantage Batroc should pull out a win. But I will say that it will not be an easy win.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20  Edited By The_Martian

I like this fight. I'm going to go with Batroc, I think his greater agility will get him the win.

Isaiah Bradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Isaiah Bradley
@Vance Astro:@Vance Astro said:
" @Isaiah Bradley said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Isaiah Bradley said:
No Caption Provided
"
1.This was on Marvel's website but not written by anyone at Marvel. 2.I can name over 30 characters undeniably better than Batroc. 3.Marvel has never suggested in any book that Batroc was a top 10 level fighter.He has now showings that prove that and he's rated a 5 in the official handbook.I'm sure you have to be a 7 to be top 10 level.7 is the highest level. "
1. The list was made by Marvel's Secret Cabal, which is made up of marvel writers and artists. 2. I can name people I think are better fighters than Batroc too, but when in the Battle Forum I like to try and use the consensus the publishing companies have come to
CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CF12793

@k4tzm4n said:

@Isaiah Bradley said:

"Batroc is one of the top 10 martial arts masters in the MU (according to Marvel) So he would def have the edge there. If Batman has ever bested Bane with fighting alone I would give it to Batroc If Bane could get a hold of Batroc it would be game over. Because of the "moderate" venom level i will have to go with Batroc. "

I fail to see why Bane woudlnt be able to touch Batroc before being KO'd. Some scans of Batroc's "amazing" agility would be nice ;)

Batroc has consistently displayed having agility similar to Captain America. He may not be listed as Enhanced but he's damn well close to it. he's been able to outmaneuver characters who are quicker then Bane is (like Captain America, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Spider-Man) so I'm pretty sure Bane would have a difficult time tagging him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bane.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XiiX

Bane turns him into Batroc The Broken.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

LMFAO.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hart7668
CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH I could see a solid case made for either character. Bane has the advantages in intelligence and strength, but Batroc is faster and has the skill advantage. has Batman ever knocked out Bane with brute force?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@cf12793: I never said Bane would have an easy time tagging him -- I said Bane should be able to before Batroc is able to KO him. Despite that post being crazy old, I still agree with it completely. Batroc will get his hits in, but pre-52 Bane's pain tolerance, skill and strength will overcome.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Okay, thank you for clearing that up then.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Bane, his venom will give him enough durability to deal with what ever Batroc's dishing out after that it's just a matter of tiring Batroc out leading to an inevitable tag on Banes part

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc is more skilled and more agile but I don't know if batroc packs enough skills to take down bane considering his durability

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By TheDandyMan

I'd say Bane, he's more consistent in his skill and his durability should allow him to take some kicks. I can imagine him doing something like this as a final move:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane Breaks The Leaper

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane in a stomp IMO. Batroc is agile and skilled but bane is on another tier in skill, and he has faced people with agility and beaten them. Batroc has never faced someone with the fighting style of bane. Bane is probably as strong as Steve at least but his fighting style is more brutal.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cases can be made with both

I say batroc wins

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Bane> Batman> Cap> Batroc

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44 said:

Bane in a stomp IMO. Batroc is agile and skilled but bane is on another tier in skill, and he has faced people with agility and beaten them. Batroc has never faced someone with the fighting style of bane. Bane is probably as strong as Steve at least but his fighting style is more brutal.

But then Bane's fighting style isn't nearly as fast or acrobatic as Cap's, so it evens out. If Batroc can dance around Bane (which is a possibility since it's established that he has the agility advantage over even Captain America) he has a chance to win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

But then Bane's fighting style isn't nearly as fast or acrobatic as Cap's, so it evens out. If Batroc can dance around Bane (which is a possibility since it's established that he has the agility advantage over even Captain America) he has a chance to win.

Rereading my old comment it seems that I was saying that bane defeated nightwing pretty handily he can probably do the same to batroc due to experience whereas batroc hasn't fought someone like bane. Banes fighting style puts more enthesis on holds IMO which is something which I think is helpful against batroc. Bane should be fast and skilled enough to catch batroc. Now this is where my opinion might have issue but I feel like when bane gets batroc in a hold its over. Batrocs agility isn't helpful when he is getting pinned which is what bane does in character I feel, and all though batroc is more agile than bane its not like he can run circles around bane or anything.

I do honestly believe Bane clearly wins. It might be debatable how much he wins by, but I am leaning towards a stomp especially since the OP gave Bane venom. If Batroc has those foot claws he had when he fought wolverine he might have a chance but I am not sure if those are standard. Batroc can be underrated but Bane is a better fighter than him, and I think his experience with nightwing is a solid advantage since nightwing has a similar fighting style to batroc, where as I don't think batroc has fought someone like Bane. Even if banes experience with nightwing isn't helpful I think his fighting style is since batrocs agility wont help when bane grabs him.

PantyPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Bane is much stronger than that so you should clarify it's the old Bane.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DarthAznable

Bane could tank whatever damage Batroc does. The minute Bane grabs him, he's done. Change his name to Batroc the Dead

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane could tank whatever damage Batroc does. The minute Bane grabs him, he's done. Change his name to Batroc the Dead

Batrot the Dead.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Ha. I was actually gonna use Batroc the Limper but that's even better.

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane wins in four words: "I will BREAK YOU!"

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

Siding with Bane

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Ha. I was actually gonna use Batroc the Limper but that's even better.

LOL! I approve this message.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie versions, Batroc.

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usha said:

Movie versions, Batroc.

And if it's comic versions?

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about their comic counterparts to be honest.