• 86 results
THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rbt said:

@THC You're not even making sense. Widow is more POWERFUL than Bruce? How did you reach this conclusion. Faster- now this can be debated. Bruce took down 2 SWAT team alone(without hurting them).

And figting Chituari puts her on Caps strenght level, how? Remeber, Loki was very depowered in Avengers(compared to Thor movie). Anyways, Cap lost to Loki in Germany(?). But, this is not about Cap.

Widow simply doesn't have any chance against Bane.

I'm not making sense? I reached this conclusion based on obvious facts and feats. Taking a regular human down with a nerve strike is not a feat of strength, and that type of attack is worthless against anyone with dissimilar nervous systems; see Bane, as he was clearly unaffected by Bruce's attacks.

Widow, on the other hand, was no less effective in close combat against superpowered foes than she was against regular humans. Conclusion? She wasn't trying her hardest at all against the regular humans. Pretty obvious conclusion, actually.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THC You're still not. I didn't see Bruce using pressure points when he fought more than half a dozen League of Shawdow soldiers in BB. Niether did he use it when he took down 2 SWAT teams.

Whereas Widow used electric bolts to take down some men while by catching some off guard. She did take down some in direct h2h, but again they were just guards.

You do realise that you spoke against yourself when you said that Bruce's punches didn't affect Bane, right? Widow's hits won't even wake Bane up from his sleep.

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Black Widow is clearly stronger, faster, and more skilled than Batman. This conclusion is based off of feats, and nothing else (for example, personal claims) are relevant. I don't care if you like the Nolan films more. Batman was able to inflict damage, and he is evidently weaker and far slower. Widow stomps.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RBT

@THC Not gonna argue with you anymore. You are not listening to reasons and simply ignoring the character feats.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THC Not gonna argue with you anymore. You are not listening to reasons and simply ignoring the character feats.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Drache64

@thc: didn't know widow was stronger. She could pull a man up a cliff with one arm?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Drache64 Apparently she can pull up 2 men at same time while being attacked by some gurads in suit.

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By THC

@rbt said:

I'm the one ignoring feats? How about you post a single one, then?

@drache64 said:

@thc: didn't know widow was stronger. She could pull a man up a cliff with one arm?

Stronger in terms of fighting, not lifting. There is a distinct difference. For example, you will never see a bodybuilder beat up a shaolin monk, and you can be certain a martial artist can punch harder than a lifting bro.

But as an answer to your question - as inaccurate as it was - I'm certain that yes, she could. See the above video, and how first she easily flipped the large man then she easily overpowered and pinned the businessman. Clearly she has some strength in addition to insane skill.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Drache64

@thc: note: you are speaking to a martial artist.

A martial arts punch channels more energy into a more finite point. Ex: you can kill a man with a knife using the same force as a light slap because that energy is in a small point. Her throw was a result of manipulating a focal point similar to a lever.

My answer to Your opinion, as incorrect as it is, is this: there are no "two different types of strength" just a knowledge of martial arts. And Bruce knows how to make a proper fist at his level.

PS. You cant use judo to punch some one on the face or pull them up a cliff with 1 arm.

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64 said:

@thc: note: you are speaking to a martial artist.

A martial arts punch channels more energy into a more finite point. Ex: you can kill a man with a knife using the same force as a light slap because that energy is in a small point. Her throw was a result of manipulating a focal point similar to a lever.

My answer to Your opinion, as incorrect as it is, is this: there are no "two different types of strength" just a knowledge of martial arts. And Bruce knows how to make a proper fist at his level.

PS. You cant use judo to punch some one on the face or pull them up a cliff with 1 arm.

I understand the dichotomy between martial arts and I'm glad that you do too because most people on this site don't.

For pure lifting, Black Widow appears - due to feats - far above what a woman of her physique should be capable of. We don't know much about her cinema character though.

Most of Marvel's cinema characters appear primarily based off their Ultimates counterparts - and Ultimate Black Widow has genetic or cybernetic enhancements making her a far better combatant, which could hint to something similar being an aspect of MCU Black Widow.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane. Widow's best feats are against no named foot soldiers. Bane beat Batman who is either close, on, or above the same level as Widow.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As much as I hated TDKR for being such a slow, antagonizing dull movie, both Batman and Bane were unimpressive. Their fighting was slow, so much so that my face drooped in annoyance. I'd go ahead and give Black Widow the instant victory, because despite whatever I just typed, her fight with Hawkeye and taking on numerous aliens alone beats out anything TDKR could ever bring to the table.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thc: when u put it that way I can understand where you are coming from. If that is the case I give it to widow. If not, and she is just a regular unenhanced human then I still say bane.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RBT

@thc I rewatched Avengers. You really over-glorified Widow. In the begining when she's tied to the chair, all she did was hit her captors with chair and did ONE flip to break it.

Her fight with Hawkeye. Hawkeye(who's no feats in h2h and is no where close in strength department to Bruce or Bane) had her locked in his arms. Until she bit him in the arm, forcing him to let her go. That trick is not gonna work on either Batman or Bane.

Also, her fight with Chitauri. We all saw how skilled the Chitauris were. They were practically sitting duck. They couldn't dodge one attack in the whole movie. Each of Caps punches landed, eack of Haweye's arrow hit them.

So her feats are- Defeating an overweight in boxing. Taking down some guards. Almost loosing to a guy in h2h who has no h2h feats. And shooting on some walking targets.

Feats of Batman- Defeating 6 people before his training. Defeating more than half a dozen League of Shadows soldiers. Defeating 2 SWAT teams. Defeating BANE.

About Batman being pinned down by Joker- even Nolan agreed it's PIS to make Joker look more threatening. Plus he'd 2 HUGE dogs.

Feats of Bane- Defeating Batman(enough said).

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By Veshark

Black Widow is an effective hand-to-hand fighter. She's shown agile and swift fighting for someone of her build, and she could possibly take the first round based off superior marksmanship. But as much as I like Widow, if it comes down to unarmed HTH, Bane would beat her.

Widow is a SHIELD agent with experience, but Bane has endured suffering and pain for most of his life and is a trained member of the League of Assassins. He's shown enough situational awareness to tag Batman (a master of stealth), has enough strength to break necks and punch concrete, and takes punches without flinching. Yes, Batman was out-of-practice in their first fight, but we see all of Batman's blows doing nothing against the largely unarmored Bane. In contrast, we see Bane's hits clearly affecting the armored Batman (hell, he broke his spine). The only reason why Batman won their second encounter was because his sharp gauntlets were able to clip Bane's mouthpiece - Batman could only beat a handicapped Bane.

Bane has just had more impressive showings when it comes to unarmed HTH combat - Widow's fight against the Chitauri largely relied on their power staff and her electric gauntlets. And the claim that Widow is enhanced solely on the basis that 'characters in the MCU are based off the UU' is ridiculous. There's nothing showing that she has enhancements, not to mention that the only two characters in the Avengers who are based on their Ultimate counterparts are Hawkeye and Nick Fury.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Chibi_cute

@thesuperhuman said:

As much as I hated TDKR for being such a slow, antagonizing dull movie, both Batman and Bane were unimpressive. Their fighting was slow, so much so that my face drooped in annoyance. I'd go ahead and give Black Widow the instant victory, because despite whatever I just typed, her fight with Hawkeye and taking on numerous aliens alone beats out anything TDKR could ever bring to the table.

Batman and Bane fight was more brutal and more realistic and intense that is how a real brutal brawl should. Widow and hawkeye fight was just unimpressive widow defeating numerous aliens with just a pistol is just stupid and PIS.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: You forgot Bane's punches = sledgehammers

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperhuman said:

[1] Batman and Bane fight was more brutal and more realistic and intense that is how a real brutal brawl should. [2] Widow and hawkeye fight was just unimpressive [3] widow defeating numerous aliens with just a pistol is just stupid and PIS.

[1] More brutal, probably, but intense? You've got to be kidding. In no way, shape or form, was that fight intense. It may have been intense for you, being a Batman fan (notice I did not say fanboy), but in reality, that fight was not intense. Their moves were slow, slow enough that my 10 year old nephew could evade and/or counter. Slow enough that I anticipated almost every one of their moves.

[2] In today's standard martial arts movie (especially those with martial arts backgrounds), it's actually quite realistic to be fast and moving. Explain to me how their fight was unimpressive when there was nothing but constant action from both of them, they showed pure skill with proper execution. To be honest, I think you're only saying that it was unimpressive because I said the same thing about Batman and Bane's fight.

[3] One, she didn't just use a pistol. She used two pistols, then she got her hands on an alien bolt staff. Which she clearly proved she was capable of using, easily. Two, how was her defeating aliens just stupid and PIS? Why was it stupid, and why was it PIS? The Chitauri Drones weren't that strong, and there were thousands of them.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RBT

@TheSuperHuman I would not want to be on the bad side of your 10 year nephew. He sounds like he's got some skills.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@TheSuperHuman I would not want to be on the bad side of your 10 year nephew. He sounds like he's got some skills.

I taught him well, my friend. He knows to go for the gold.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

After re-watching The Dark Knight Rises over 5 times (never get's old) and The Avengers, Bane still wins in H2H. In fact, much of the argument towards Back Widow is nonsense. I've been away for a while but seriously?

Bruce was stronger than Widow, and I know it's off-topic but he'd probably beat her too (I've come to the conclusion that Nolan's Batman would in fact win). Bane barely felt pain, now we see Batman (a rugged and old Batman) punching Bane over and over again. Do remember, that despite Batman being old, he was STILL able to fight off League of Shadow members (and he had not much training for a long time). Bruce was a relatively big guy, and Bane let him punch him. But despite Bruce's best efforts, he couldn't even harm Bane at all. I mean Bruce was talking wild swings and putting a good deal of power into them, yet they didn't even harm Bane. It's made clear that even a reformed Batman (post-pit Batman) couldn't really harm Bane either. I mean his gauntlets helped him strike off Bane's mask, but before that he wasn't even harming Bane really. We see Bane has super-human strength, he lifts a man with one arm and breaks his neck (though this isn't THAT super-human) and he punches through solid walls of concrete.

Bane's fighting style was heavy-handed. He relied on his fists but to beat Bane is tricky, Widow's style simply won't adjust to him. Her style involves agility but unarmed, but she'll struggle in hurting him. She really will, and Bane's reactions were relatively quick. A fight can be ended with one punch, that's all Bane needs, one punch. Black Widow simply wouldn't be able to hurt him, her speed won't be that much of a factor as his durability is simply too high.

Remember when Bruce pulled off the lights and tried to take Bane by surprise? Bane instantly reacted and caught Bruce, he'd catch Widow too and break her.

For the unarmed round, I'd have to say Bane wins.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Chibi_cute

Bane beats her up.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After re-watching The Dark Knight Rises over 5 times (never get's old) and The Avengers, Bane still wins in H2H. In fact, much of the argument towards Back Widow is nonsense. I've been away for a while but seriously?

Bruce was stronger than Widow, and I know it's off-topic but he'd probably beat her too (I've come to the conclusion that Nolan's Batman would in fact win). Bane barely felt pain, now we see Batman (a rugged and old Batman) punching Bane over and over again. Do remember, that despite Batman being old, he was STILL able to fight off League of Shadow members (and he had not much training for a long time). Bruce was a relatively big guy, and Bane let him punch him. But despite Bruce's best efforts, he couldn't even harm Bane at all. I mean Bruce was talking wild swings and putting a good deal of power into them, yet they didn't even harm Bane. It's made clear that even a reformed Batman (post-pit Batman) couldn't really harm Bane either. I mean his gauntlets helped him strike off Bane's mask, but before that he wasn't even harming Bane really. We see Bane has super-human strength, he lifts a man with one arm and breaks his neck (though this isn't THAT super-human) and he punches through solid walls of concrete.

Bane's fighting style was heavy-handed. He relied on his fists but to beat Bane is tricky, Widow's style simply won't adjust to him. Her style involves agility but unarmed, but she'll struggle in hurting him. She really will, and Bane's reactions were relatively quick. A fight can be ended with one punch, that's all Bane needs, one punch. Black Widow simply wouldn't be able to hurt him, her speed won't be that much of a factor as his durability is simply too high.

Remember when Bruce pulled off the lights and tried to take Bane by surprise? Bane instantly reacted and caught Bruce, he'd catch Widow too and break her.

For the unarmed round, I'd have to say Bane wins.

I'd agree with this. Most of Widow's fights end up in grappling moves. That is when Bane catches and crushes her.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane ftw

ectigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane easily. Movie Widow likes to grapple too much. I have yet to see her knock someone out with a kick. Most of her take downs on anyone are grappling take downs. She has literally 0 knockouts due to punches and kicks.

Widow jumps on banes arm. Bane laughs holding her up with said arm. Bane breaks her back and throws her into the pit.

keshav jha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane stomps both rounds.

Caesar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keshav jha: No he doesn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow just shoots him in round 1.

She can't do anything to him in round 2, so she loses.

Caesar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dirtytree333: How can't she do anything to her ? She can easily use her skills and agility to dodge his punches and then take him down.

keshav jha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caesar16: Bane has amazing durability. I don't think her flashy kicks and punches will affect him.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are Bane's best feats?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane breaks the little woman

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 anthp2000  Moderator

Obviously Natasha.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow for sure

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow both rounds. Round 1 in a stomp due to her accuracy feats and Bane's lack of evasion of bullets (Black Widow avoids projectiles all the time). Round 2 is more difficult but seriously, Widow should be more skilled and has displayed more skill. She also has pretty superhuman striking for her size. Bane only has an edge in raw strength, but I see him losing more often than not. And Bane cracked a very hollow vertical pillar stuffed with softer and more powdery stuff, nothing like Bucky punching a small crater into the ground, so I doubt he'd one-shot or anything even if he landed a direct hit, but it would hurt. But BW is a master of evasion and doesn't really do pure stand up striking like Bane (seriously, Bane has little ground game). Bane can win if Widow's having an off day, but otherwise, I see her taking it comfortably. Bane would be much more impressive if he was taking on prime Batman instead of only beating a very rusty one and losing to an improved, but still old and injured, one. As much as Batman worked out, that doesn't undo the damage he received earlier and the effects of age. I actually wouldn't have been so sure about BW years ago, but over time, it's clear she's much more impressive than she looks and has striking not that far behind even Bane. She's no supersoldier, but supersoldiers can send men in full body armor flying over the wings of a quinjet with a front kick. She's in a level between most TDK Trilogy fighters and supersoldiers. Let's be honest, she gave Bucky more trouble unarmed than Bane would. And damage that mask in any way and Bane receives a huge nerf...

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol @ Black Widow being superhuman. Not even close, she's peak physical condition. Nothing more.

That being said...BW takes round 1 but loses round 2.

Her fighting style is exactly what you wouldn't want to do to someone who's bigger, stronger, trained and can take harder hits than anything you're capable of dishing out.

The only thing she has on Bane physically is agility...abd that's not going to help when you can't cause any serious harm to your opponent.