Bane (New 52) vs Captain America

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ah New 52........Overpowering characters.......

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Cap'n makes it happen!!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

This one's a tight match up, but I'm gonna go with the Cap

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With morals off I can see limbs flying off from Bane to even decapitation.

Captainbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane <3

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Bane tears his head off.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 the_red_viper  Moderator

I think Bane wins after a long, tiring fight.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Alexander505

Bane has a new Venom created by him, and is more powerful than ever, above class 3 tons. Cap can't win here, barely Batman was able to not die XD

Avatar image for comicvinepoozer1
comicvinepoozer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bane eats cap

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By krauser99
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yeah Bane is getting decapitated since this is a morals off Steve. While Steve could take a thrashing from Bane but even without killing Bane, Steve could send him to night night....land as in KTFO.

Peace.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yeah Bane is getting decapitated since this is a morals off Steve. While Steve could take a thrashing from Bane but even without killing Bane, Steve could send him to night night....land as in KTFO.

Peace.

A morals off Cap probably easily defeats Bane. But then again a "morals off" Cap is a very scary......Super Soldier.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By dondave

@krauser99 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Peace.

A morals off Cap probably easily defeats Bane. But then again a "morals off" Cap is a very scary......Super Soldier.

Why did you bump a thread when you're debating the same topic in another thread?

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one has a difference that the other does not. There not the same.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a good day to be Bane. First morals off Cap and now Ult Cap vs Bane. :)

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane should win. Not 9/10 per se, but he'd win at least 6/10. I have to ignore my inner fanboyism for DC right now, but the fight with Bruce and Bane is overrated.

1) Bruce was already weak and not at his natural health, hell, the dude was struggling to escape.

2) Bruce didn't even put up a fight, he was focused on trying to escape rather than fight him.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cable_Extreme

I say cap takes this, though Bane can still claim a victory.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By lifeofvibe

@monsterstomp: he wasnt weak and if he tryed punching him wow that would make batman look like a wimp and stupid

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think Cap can take this.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well based on scans of Cap disabling a damned tank with a shield throw, I think he might sweep. If not it's like 8/10 for him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: he wasnt weak and if he tryed punching him wow that would make batman look like a wimp and stupid

I'm pretty sure he was weakened have you got pre-fight scans? And why would it make Batman look weak and stupid if he tried punching Bane?

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By VMole

@krauser99 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Peace.

The bottom one is from the same set of preview scans from Captain America Living Legend that has him blocking a shot from the same tank's 7.5cm gun, getting knocked back into a tree, fracturing it, and having nothing to show for it aside from grinning like a demon right afterwards apparently uninjured. I realize that the shield itself has some funky properties, but the fact that not only can he shear a Panzer IV's turret clean off its hull but actually make the damn thing go flying is pretty amazing, and would imply that he's hitting it with a force stronger than most anti-tank rounds produced by any side during WW2, especially since it manages to maintain momentum after cutting through the other side.

Don't get me wrong, the fight's not going to be easy for Steve, but he will be walking out of the fight in better shape compared to Bruce.

MaximumGeyser5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America has this man he's got the Agility and Speed with the Technique to beat Bane like he did before and its morals off, so hes throwing that shield in hopes of Decapitation besides the Stronger man doesn't always win and Bane only beat batman by weakening him and he said it himself "Taking on Batman is a Fools Errand" and Cap does not Suffer from Muscle Fatigue, so he will never get tired, cap will kick him in the Balls, Punch his Nose in, Shield Bash his Chin, and Trip him.

MaximumGeyser5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MaximumGeyser5

Bane should win. Not 9/10 per se, but he'd win at least 6/10. I have to ignore my inner fanboyism for DC right now, but the fight with Bruce and Bane is overrated.

1) Bruce was already weak and not at his natural health, hell, the dude was struggling to escape.

2) Bruce didn't even put up a fight, he was focused on trying to escape rather than fight him.

Yeah that Comic made Bruce sound like a whiny little baby when he's been doing worse

avengers69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameskm716: Exactly

Is bane and caps strength level near the same? Or does bane have more strength? Correct me if I'm wrong.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: cause the punches wouldth harm bane at all

So? That makes Batman look pathetic? Because he can barely stand up to a guy that is much stronger, and much faster than himself?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: just look up batman vs hulk on youube youll see what i mean

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap.

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane FTW

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

i was gonna say that bane wold stomp but i just saw scans of cap vs john steele. idk. its a close fight. anybody know where that john steele vs cap is from?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By WarBlade539

@k4tzm4n said:

While I agree that Batman hasn't had up to par showings of hand-to-hand technique in the New 52 (at least based on my reading experience), Bane's physicals have improved quite a lot -- most notably his strength, jumping capabilities, speed (according to Batman) and sheer size. He's also supposed to be smarter, but that certainly didn't show. It's just a shame he acted like a brute and didn't show a single ounce of skill.

That said, I think a morals off Captain America would defeat N52 Bane. After all, Batman's strikes were visibly felt by Bane, therefore shield strikes are certain to do damage. Bane's impressive physicals could make it interesting, but I think Cap's own enhanced stats, high degree of skill and, of course, shield will allow him to overcome.

This. So this.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, there are scans above you that show Steve taking on guys stronger than Bane alongside some crazy Shield feats. :)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane pretty much stomps. Batman admitted Bane to be faster than himself, so shields are not going to hit him anytime soon. Also this is the guy who dented a thichk metal wall with one punch. No way Cap is winning this.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#88  Edited By Jgames

Captain america win due to better h2h fighter

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Captain America would take this. He's beaten Nuke, US Agent, and has so many feats, which make Bane look like a chump.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc said:

i was gonna say that bane wold stomp but i just saw scans of cap vs john steele. idk. its a close fight. anybody know where that john steele vs cap is from?

Secret Avengers #9. I feel like stressing that a big reason why Cap lost that fight was because he didn't have his shield on him, and wanted to take Steele on in hand-to-hand. Also, John Steele might be as strong as Bane - considering he's completely bulletproof, can bend tank barrels, and took multiple punches from the 45-tonner Valkyrie without getting KOed. The only thing shown to seriously harm Steele was Dragonfang - a sword forged by Odin.

As for the battle itself, I was under the impression that the Bane in those Dark Knight scans had a special version of Venom amped by Scarecrow and Poison Ivy. By standard gear, rules I don't think he is as strong. I know Bane recently defeated Croc - but let's be realistic, Croc is nowhere on the skill level of Cap and has been a regular jobber. He even lost to pre-52 Bane. It doesn't seem like New 52 Bane has much to show for, even his amped fight was against a weakened Bats. Compare that to Cap's long list of showings, and Cap has a decent physical edge over Batman. Throw in morals-off and an unbreakable shield, and Cap should take a fair majority.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Wolverine008

Giving this to Steve for a majority. I think most here are getting caught up into the hype of just how physically dangerous New 52 Bane is. I'm not saying he is, but there are some factors here that lessen that advantage here. For one, Steven has shown that he can rumble with opponents who greatly outclass him skill wise. It's already been touched on in this thread, but I'll just go back to it During Ed Brubaker's Secret Avengers run, Steve ran up on former military partner John Steele. Steele was shown to be able to nonchalantly bend military tanks, was completely bullet proof, and was also allegedly faster than Steve according to the thought boxes in the fight. The guy is at least a 10 tonner. Yet, Steve gave Steele a hard pure H2H fight before he got his leg smashed by an elbow strike (Durability feat there in that Steve healed up in a few seconds.) This was all done without his shield. Morals off, Steve's fighting prowess will let him hang with Bane, and he's going to be going for lethal shots with that shield no doubt. I also think people are forgetting that New 52 Bane has shown no modicum of fighting skill/technique whatsoever. I hate to stereotype, but he's just been a brute. That large gap in skill is going to let Steve breathe easier throughout the fight.

Steve's own great physicals, vastly better fighting skill, and shield should let him steal a majority here.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Even with Bane's superior strength, I don't think he'd be able to beat Cap. Especially a morals off Cap with his shield.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

As for the battle itself, I was under the impression that the Bane in those Dark Knight scans had a special version of Venom amped by Scarecrow and Poison Ivy.

That's what I've heard as well.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a tough fight a no morals the captain busts banes skull. This no where near a stomp especially since the newer bane is very powerful( but less skilled h2h, doesn't really need it tho)

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane is stronger. And while on venom he sill has agility and speed which will surprise the hell out of captain America, giving bane the advantage.

h2h Captain might be a bit better. But Bane isn't that far behind. Ra's did acknowledge him as a potential successor. Bane can also predict Captain Americas moves before he makes them IIRC

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#97  Edited By leonkarlen123

Yep, Bane got an very increased agility and strength on his new 52 venom. If Cap gets to hit him right in the skull he would win. But Bane wont allow that since he is not dumb. He would dodge attacks from Cap since he is not that very fast. Eventually Bane would win because he would just get so mad he will get Bloodlusted...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Bane got an very increased agility and strength on his new 52 venom. If Cap gets to hit him right in the skull he would win. But Bane wont allow that since he is not dumb. He would dodge attacks from Cap since he is not that very fast. Eventually Bane would win because he would just get so mad he will get Bloodlusted...

Captain America is not very fast?

Zane_Horn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Zane_Horn

@wolverine08: right Cap is only a match for Wolverine and Spider Man and those guys are so slow so yeah Bane wins due to Cap being to slow to hit Bane (btw this is Kidman560 but on an Alt)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Wolverine008

@zane_horn: .....Spider-Man and Wolverine are slow?