is a battle of malice and intelligence

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By renamed040924

Haven't seen TDKR yet, but I gotta give Nolan props, Joker was seriously smart in that movie.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

Joker stands in middle of road, demanding Bane hits him. Bane pulls Joker's head off.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joewell911

Lol I just watch the dark night

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Wouldn't Joker just shoot Bane in the face?

Avatar image for deactivated-622aa52778ac3
deactivated-622aa52778ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane definitely has Joker when it comes to hand to hand combat I can tell you that much. Both the Joker and Bane can use weapons obviously if they wanted to go that route. Bane and the Joker are both very smart if we are talking about the movie versions here. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone. If they both faced off against each other without any weapons Bane would win, but if they could use any means necessary then it would be a damn good fight.

IMO:

Hand to hand combat goes to Bane

Anything other than hand to hand could be a win for both of them because they both have the ability to kill each other.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan said:

I think he would if Bane was in the way of a goal. But if Bane is the goal, I think Joker would opt for a knife or some elaborate scheme.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik: I agree with that.... there are endless possibilities with this fight if they both have access to all kinds of resources and tricks.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Erik said:

@JediXMan said:

I think he would if Bane was in the way of a goal. But if Bane is the goal, I think Joker would opt for a knife or some elaborate scheme.

Maybe. But then again, Batman was a... bigger victory to kill him with a knife. I don't know if he'd bother with doing that with Bane. But he might.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see this fight, I want to see it right now. Joker vs Bane.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By jwalser3

Bane stomps

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan said:

@Erik said:

@JediXMan said:

Maybe. But then again, Batman was a... bigger victory to kill him with a knife. I don't know if he'd bother with doing that with Bane. But he might.

Batman was such a big goal, that killing him was never on the table for Joker.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Erik:

Fair point. Part of me wondered what he intended to do to Batman, but he may have just wanted to carve a smile on him, not kill him (I am referring to when Gordon arrested him)

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@JediXMan: they both have 1 hour for prep and everyone who knows joker knows he carrys guns.. so what if bane got a gun for his prep as well?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@JediXMan: they both have 1 hour for prep and everyone who knows joker knows he carrys guns.. so what if bane got a gun for his prep as well?

Because it is more likely for Joker to shoot someone - as he did a few times - than for Bane to shoot somebody. Also, an automatic handgun was a regular part of Joker's arsenal, whereas it was not a part of Bane's equipment.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#16  Edited By Deadcool

@JediXMan said:

In the Dark Knight, the joker say that he prefers knifes.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By ComicStooge

Bane's plan seemed to be better then Joker's, I think.

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@JediXMan said:

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

Because it is more likely for Joker to shoot someone - as he did a few times - than for Bane to shoot somebody. Also, an automatic handgun was a regular part of Joker's arsenal, whereas it was not a part of Bane's equipment.

True. well i guess it could go either way. If Joker shoots Bane than banes dead, but if it was just a clean fist fight than Bane would easily murder Joker. something batmans to scared to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan: That is true. Are you basically saying if they fought when they didn't know what each other was capable of? Or if they didn't know anything about each other before they went into the fight? You are right that Bane is more a brawler and Joker uses more weapons... but the way I see it is.... if they both knew about each other Bane wouldn't just go in the fight empty handed especially with preparation. If they didn't know anything about each other then... I see what you mean, Joker could just shoot Bane... but... I think it would be an awesome fight.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan said:

@Erik:

Fair point. Part of me wondered what he intended to do to Batman, but he may have just wanted to carve a smile on him, not kill him (I am referring to when Gordon arrested him)

I think he wanted to get caught and is a very convincing actor lol.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Deadcool said:

@JediXMan said:

True. But he did use guns multiple times.

@Erik said:

@JediXMan said:

@Erik:

I think he wanted to get caught and is a very convincing actor lol.

Maybe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TERMINATOR1000: I agree. If they both had guns then it could go either way as well.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deadcool

@JediXMan said:

@Deadcool said:

@JediXMan said:

True. But he did use guns multiple times.

Yeah, he even used a bazuka, but I don't feel that the Joker would use a gun against his oponent if he considered him as his equal.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Deadcool:

I have difficulty believing that he'd feel that way about anybody else other than Batman. He casually shot plenty of people in the movie with his own automatic handgun and, yes, the RPG.

EnhancedHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EnhancedHuman

@SpawNgengiskhaN said:

@TERMINATOR1000: I agree. If they both had guns then it could go either way as well.

in my rules is a battle of malice and intelligence.. 1 day of preparation .. is need a plan, a strategy .. will win the best strategist, brilliant brain and malicious

ThePilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThePilot

Joker is a brilliant villain, but Bane is almost a force of nature both clever and strong. It would be a great battle but bane would win IMO.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Rumble Man

Skinny b!tch is given permission to die by big buff alpha male

In planning both of them are close but in melee joker has no chance

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deadcool

@JediXMan said:

I have difficulty believing that he'd feel that way about anybody else other than Batman. He casually shot plenty of people in the movie with his own automatic handgun and, yes, the RPG.

Well, you are right is something Batman was special, The Joker in the movie wanted to demoralize the Batman, so, he treated him different...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EnhancedHuman: They are both intelligent as far as the movies go. With that being said they could both have a great plan prepared. They are both about equal when it comes to malice in my opinion. I could see the fight going either way.....but like I said if it came down to them fighting against each other with no weapons then Bane would win.

EnhancedHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EnhancedHuman

@SpawNgengiskhaN said:

@EnhancedHuman: They are both intelligent as far as the movies go. With that being said they could both have a great plan prepared. They are both about equal when it comes to malice in my opinion. I could see the fight going either way.....but like I said if it came down to them fighting against each other with no weapons then Bane would win.

Batman never would kill to Joker and The Joker knows this, and for that reason, the joker was coming to Batman and talk .. But Bane, if you would kill the Joker, and for that reason the Joker should keep prudent distance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EnhancedHuman: I agree with that. Ok, so you are basically saying that they both know each others capabilities then? If that is the case, then.... Bane would most definitely use a gun or some sort of weapon and so would the Joker... and the fight could go either way.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

You know, this is a really close one for me. Bane was all about predicting the human pysche, manipulating the masses to break done societie's mental barrier, in which succeeded for the most part. The Joker does the same thing, however he will be more effective because he could probably predict Bane and Bane can't predict Joker. The edges Bane has are his strength and resources. I'm gonna think on this one for a while, but for right now i'll say Bane.

EnhancedHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EnhancedHuman

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

You know, this is a really close one for me. Bane was all about predicting the human pysche, manipulating the masses to break done societie's mental barrier, in which succeeded for the most part. The Joker does the same thing, however he will be more effective because he could probably predict Bane and Bane can't predict Joker. The edges Bane has are his strength and resources. I'm gonna think on this one for a while, but for right now i'll say Bane.

I say Bane 6/10, but the Joker has a chance and can also win

Avatar image for thedarklord_267
TheDarkLord_267

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheDarkLord_267

I think Bane would win I just saw the dark knight rises yesterday and bane wins in h2h easily but intelligence it could either way.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokergeist

Joker wins easy IMO. Bane had some clever plans. Big Deal. Joker in Dark Knight had 3 or more Plans with Back Up Plans going on at the same time. He was like Dr. Doom in Plans and prep. No matter what Batman did Joker had another plan in action. Even when Batman Beat Joker the guy still had a Plan already in motion (Two Face Rampage) that showed Joker still won in his fight vs Batman.

Joker wins this with Resources and Prep. Period.

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThatThorFan

Bane has the strength. Joker has the brains. Got to give it to Bane though. With prep, Joker.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By nefarious

The Joker.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Oni_Bane

Bane, he is a far better fighter and i would venture to say smarter then the joker.

But I maybe a tad bit bias, seeing as how Bane is one of my favorites

EnhancedHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EnhancedHuman

Bane Stomps.

No Caption Provided
texjones1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By texjones1993

Well, I do have respect for Bane but aren't we all forgetting, (for those who haven't seen the movie stop reading now, in fact you shouldn't even be reading this thread to begin with.) Bane had help in preparation and money from Raish al gool's  (fuck my spelling, I know it's wrong just ignore for now) daughter. What I men i, Bane wasn't totally in control as he pretended himself to be. The daughter waited and planned her way to get into Bruce's company and money and weapons. Again, without weapons, it's obvious Bane would win, but again isn't that basically like saying a human vs a lion with no weapons. What makes the Joker such a threat is the combination of weapons, disposable plans, viciousness, and being so damn unpredictable. Bane was tough but he had years to plan, years to recruit henchman, years of money to acquire, and years of training. My point is, Bane needed years of preparation time along with a smarter accomplice who funded all his exploits. The joker however would come up with a plan that's both surprisingly simple and brilliant. Lets take the Joker vs Bane in a series of capabilities.  

1. Forms of manipulation: The joker would use men's weaknesses or vices such as greed, fear, and malice. At the beginning of the movie he simply told one message to each of his thugs, to kill one other person of their group. In the end he was the only one left who got out of a mob owned bank in broad daylight, and he did this simply to prove a point for another plan. Bane however used his henchman's fear of him or respect of him. He was effective and aggressive, but his use of henchman had no prolonged thought except to accomplish one goal in mind.  

2. Over all goal: Joker's goal was to reveal the dark nature, the human condition if you will of all the people in Gotham. eE did this by creating ultimatums that would spout chaos. The plan was so simple that the effects of it were baffling. Bane wanted to remove the shackles of the human condition and let the masses recreate society that would go about and show how low human's can go if they should be released of control of a higher power, like government. He was trying to prove that control over the masses is a necessity. Philosophically, I'd say his plan is far more meaningful and brought about more realization, but this wasn't his idea alone, rather it was the daughter's goal. None the less, I'd say Bane's goal was a little more impressive, but I would also tack on that this was the League of Shadow's goal, not his alone which could also make it less innovate.  

3. Methods: Joker's methods were no doubt all over the place. When I say this, I'm not inquiring that it was bad, quite the opposite. The Joker had so many alternative plans that when the police thought they had contained him, it was merely a plan set up so that he could escape leaving all of them in a wild goose chase to find Harvey Dent and "female love interest." He used simple resources like gasoline, bombs, and guns.These are all easy items to acquire, so easy that the common man could find this, illegally, but easily. And Joker's plan's were in broad daylight might I add, and he was still hard to capture. Bane's methods were fueled by large quantities of money, use of distraction, and mere force. Bane never operated in broad daylight until he went to steal Bruce's funds at the stock market. And when he was running away he was almost caught, the only intervention was the detective's impulsive need to capture Batman. If they let batman do his work, Bane would have been subdued by all the police taking aim and firing upon him. This could be speculative, but the police did appear to almost capture him. His other plans were long and thought out plans that needed to be kept secret. Had anyone checked the concrete with the blatantly displayed explosives, they would have stopped the plan far earlier.  

4. Posing threat to Batman: Joker never wanted to kill Batman, he simply wanted to tarnish him. He wanted Batman to see that Gotham wasn't worth saving, that the human condition is in everyone, not just Gotham. He got everyone in gotham to go after one man's life just because of a threat. He broke Harvy Dent down to where Batman had to make himself a villan to prevent criminals running free, hence the Dent act. The Joker took everything away that Bruce held dear that it broke him and broke him, so much so that he stopped being Batman for 8 years. This is what the Joker accomplished, he made Bruce feel that he wasn't the cities savior, he made him feel that he was wrong, he broke Batman mentally. Bane however tried to break Batman's spirit. He brought back what Batman feared, which was failure to save lives like his parents and others. In the end, Bane did not succeed, in fact he made Bruce stronger, which was the opposite effect he was hoping for. 

All in all, Joker was a better villan who could work with the bare essentials and could create a 15 step plan in a short period of time. Bane was a villan who looked for a big conclusion that he had to dedicate his life to. So, as for an immediate threat, Joker is a far larger danger. In longterm, I'd say Joker is still more dangerous because if he is left to his own devices for a long period of time, who knows what the end result could be. So, saying this, Joker could be a worse danger if they both have an hour to prepare. Joker could get the necessary items in no time spending little money. Bane would bring a dangerous team, but nothing that could come to be a more of a threat than he is himself. If the two fought, the joker would not only kill Bane, he wouldn't care. The Joker wants to prove a point, to create chaos, to expose the human condition, not destroy it. If they knew each other, the Joker would be on a mission to kill Bane because he knows that Bane would put an end to his fun if he succeeded.  

Here's how I personally would see it go, please criticize what ever you feel necessary. They would crash some event that the upper class would be holding.  Ra's al Ghuls daughter  Miranda would be present and acting as a bystander, (yeah I spelled his name right this time) . All of Joker's henchman would be in masks, all making themselves indistinguishable. Bane's men arrive later and Bane follows not too long after. Bane makes a speech, looks at all of Joker's men and proceeds to introduce himself and start monologuing. He would explain all that he knows of the joker and that he's hiding among his men and would in fact admire him, but the Joker represents what Bane must eliminate and says his death will be the first of many more. This would cause Joker's men to fight against Bane's men. As the fight ensues most of the guests try to flee but all the exists are closed of. Miranda is making a good act to appear panicked but stays calm none the less. Joker's and Bane's men are falling left and right, Bane is taking only a few out because he doesn't see them as a threat. A few of the Joker's henchman are just tearing threw Bane's men because they are veteraned mobsters. Eventually Bane's numbers are starting to wane in this gun fight and Bane starts taking this seriously and begins slaughtering the strongest of Joker's Henchman. The fight is just about over and maybe five or so of Joker's men are left. Bane is just standing above them with his few surviving men and just stares down at them content. The bystanders are all cowering over somewhere. Bane starts speaking again and he's giving these men their last applaud and starts peering into Joker's plan. "So, you thought you could hide among the men could you. Thought I couldn't find you. Well then, I admit, it wasn't a bad endeavor to make all of these henchman decoys." Bane pulls of all their masks, he knew none of them were the Joker. then he looks over to to bystanders and Joker starts clapping. It turned out the joker was in a guest suit as a ruse the entire time and praises Bane, then takes the outer suit off because he was wearing his personal one underneath, you know, because it's him. The Joker starts conversing back about how he likes Bane's costume and everything. Then the Joker points out that Miranda was with Bane the entire time, talking about how he noticed the little things she would do. As he does so, a few more of Joker's henchman who were hiding in the crowd too, bring her forward. As she comes up the Joker goes for one of the glasses of champaign that is remarkably still in tact. He sniffs it the throws it against the ground, just monologuing back at Bane. Then he tells Bane to leave or he'll have his men kill Miranda. Bane stares at him then laughs. "She's not afraid of death and would gladly die as long as it meant your death." As he says this she busts the two henchman down, they aren't dead, but they have broken bones and etc. The Joker laughs then picks up another cup of whatever. He then compliments her and she stands her ground above the two she just beat down. The joker then looks back at Bane and says "I kinda figured she'd be like that. She's fistey. But is he durable?" One of the beaten henchman pulls out a grenade then suicide bombs himself. Miranda jumps out of the way slightly enough not to be killed but is still maimed. Joker laughs, Bane gets pissed then begins to run at Joker. The joker throws the last glass at Bane then throws a match against the ground. Turns out the champaign had some  mixture that made it easily ignitable but not easily detected by smell or anything. Bane catches fire, backs away from Jokers and rolls to put it out. Joker's running for an exit he had planned way prior laughing, and just before he leaves he says this. "Oh, and my friends here, you would have liked them. They were a real blast." or something cheesy like that. Bane looks at Joker's dead men, they all have bombs strapped to them. Boom. Bane, Miranda, and all the guests inside dead. 

Now I know there are a lot of loop holes one could make, but again I'm just saying that this kind of planning seems a bot more likely of the joker. It's simple but has many preparations in case. Bane and Miranda can create an intricate plan, but they ignore little things like in the movie when Bruce made an anti-detonator. That was a bit obvious, especially since she knew who Batman was sto begin with along with a lot of the tech he comes into the game with, I mean he had a switch the turned the lights of all buildings and zones on and off. They also had no counter plan for any of batman's strategies. I'm merely pointing out that something simple could be forgotten by them which the Joker can easily exploit, and with little preparation time, they're playing a game the joker knows all too well.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By entropy_aegis

@CadenceV2 said:

Joker wins easy IMO. Bane had some clever plans. Big Deal. Joker in Dark Knight had 3 or more Plans with Back Up Plans going on at the same time. He was like Dr. Doom in Plans and prep. No matter what Batman did Joker had another plan in action. Even when Batman Beat Joker the guy still had a Plan already in motion (Two Face Rampage) that showed Joker still won in his fight vs Batman.

And he still ends up getting his neck snapped.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist

@entropy_aegis said:

@CadenceV2 said:

And he still ends up winning

Hold on had to fix it for ya.

bickabickawow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bickabickawow

i find it quite odd that weird things keep happening after these last couple batman movies. first ledger dies after being the joker some say the character of joker was starting to make him crazy but idk how much of that was true and then the shooting at the opening show of this movie. kinda weird to me.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By darktiger

Bane but not easy

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By nickthedevil

Joker. Too much spontaneity. Knives in his shoes? And off screen, he seemed to get away from some sticky situations. Joker is definately not fighting Bane in H2H, but he'd kill him with a gun. He would have no qualms. His entire point throughout the movie was to bring down people who were idealized. Bane is a different story all together.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bickabickawow: Ya it is strange, I had a weird feeling when I was sitting in the theatre watching it the opening night too. I was shocked when I heard about what had happened the next day. I just felt like something was going to happen for some reason.

bickabickawow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bickabickawow

@SpawNgengiskhaN: yeah its kinda freaky lol i still have yet to see this new batman so i can't really give my thoughts on bane here. did you enjoy it?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

@nickthedevil said:

Joker. Too much spontaneity. Knives in his shoes? And off screen, he seemed to get away from some sticky situations. Joker is definately not fighting Bane in H2H, but he'd kill him with a gun. He would have no qualms. His entire point throughout the movie was to bring down people who were idealized. Bane is a different story all together.

Because that knife is gonna stop Bane(rolls eyes).And why cant Bane use a gun may I ask? he killed his own henchman with a gun and how is the last line remotely relevant?@CadenceV2 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@CadenceV2 said:

And he still ends up winning

Hold on had to fix it for ya.

Amusing,but Joker gets killed.

Joker's victories are moral victories,which are only effective against someone like Batman.That's why he's the yin to Bruce's yang,Bane is a different animal.

He'll kill the clown even if he has to blow Gotham to do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bickabickawow: I gotcha, you better be careful searching through battles like this one lol, someone may spoil the movie for you. Yes I enjoyed it. It is a good movie I will say that.

bickabickawow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bickabickawow

@SpawNgengiskhaN: haha well thanks for the fair warning and just giving me a simple answer and not ruining th movie :P