Bane (Movie Version) vs The Russian (Movie Version)

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 44

#1  Edited By RolandAlderas

Two big dudes duke it out. One is has a crazy tolerance for pain while the other is fairly skilled in martial arts.

-Bloodlusted

-Full knowledge

-H2H

-Fight in an abandoned city street, in the middle of the day.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Holy crap, a battle that Nolan Batman can actually win

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bane 9/10

At least once though the Russian would break his mask with punches and rag doll Bane without his drugs

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane 7/10. The Russian was a beast.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By copete

WHAT? Russian got stabbed in his chest and just laughed it off and laughed off pretty much everything until he got that boiling hot water in the face. And he was killed by crashing down the stairs (lame, but IIRC, he was stabbed or had a mortal wound).

update

Just watched the video, looks like he died when he landed on his head from that fall. Pretty lame lol Bane probably kills him with a concrete breaking punch to his head.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Damn this is a good fight. Russian liked to screw around but smiled away being stabbed and a crowbar to the face. What's Bane gonna do to even hurt him?
On the flip side, Bane just tanked everything Batman hit him with so what is the Russian going to do?

Strength wise they can both lift large humans up with one hand. Russian has the durability edge. Bane has the skill edge. I'm leaning toward the Russian for a majority based on location. We've seen him use his surroundings before and there's plenty of crap on a city block.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Been waiting for this battle for a long time.

As for the thread.. it's actually tough to decide, although I'm inclined to say Bane due to his better.. "skill". Bane is also, by feats, stronger. He just lags behind in durability, which is really the Russian's saving grace here.

But then... if Bane can't actually hurt the Russian, what chance has he got? *shrugs* I'll say Bane 7/10.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Russian wins, in before Bane fanboys.

Strength wise they can both lift large humans up with one hand.

Russian overpowered both Franks arms with only one hand while holding him up with the other hand.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Bane's training and discipline could win out against the Russians brute force.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with bane since he's smarter.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Wardemon32

I'm not sure if Bane could actually hurt him.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

Russian overpowered both Franks arms with only one hand while holding him up with the other hand.

Lol aww crap that's right huh?! When he stabs Frank back.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bane

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.Overall superior

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

@pokeysteve said:

yup.

@jwwprod said:

Yeah cause a smart person would punch a pillar twice before realizing his opponent moved.

No Caption Provided

And if you are gonna say he is tactically smart for organizing ther takeover of Gotham, he wasn't. He is Talias towel boy.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.Overall superior

How? Russian shrugged of stabs to near the heart, crowbars to the face, and he was strong enough to rip a toilet off the floor (ripping metal pipes in the process), and he casually through Frank through a wall.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By reaverlation

@allstarsuperman: And Bane is way more skilled, actually beat someone of skill like Batman while Bane was toying with him.In fact, that's actually a huge factor as Kevin Nash showed no skill whatsoever and relied mainly on physicals to beat Frank and Frank wouldn't beat either Bruce or Bane.Effortlessly holding Bruce up with 1 hand, the strength to crush a man's neck and punch through concrete.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokeysteve

Here we go. Let's hear all about how "skilled" Batman and Bane are even though they use the same h2h techniques as Hulk.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#19 frozen  Moderator
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@reaverlation: @pokeysteve: They used Keysei.

All I remember either of them doing is throwing haymakers with a random kick thrown in I'once in awhile.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve: They used Keysei.

All I remember either of them doing is throwing haymakers with a random kick thrown in I'once in awhile.

Because that's all they did. Isn't going to work against the 7ft+ Russian.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@frozen said:

Exactly!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close one 5.5 for bane

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mayan_Fist

@allstarsuperman:

Bane also survived kicks from Batman that could smash brick. The fact that they're both equal when it comes to durability and strength means that Bane takes the majority of the fights due to skill.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

Bane also survived kicks from Batman that could smash brick. The fact that they're both equal when it comes to durability and strength means that Bane takes the majority of the fights due to skill.

No. Batman used the super brick smashing kick once, and that was when he kicked the bricks. He never did such a kick in combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: bane was experiencing extreme pain and was basically freaking out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: I can tell you didn't watch batman begins. A d also they actually based the moves off of a real MA

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I think I'll go with the Russian.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Beef Cake wins

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Russian only lost because he was playing around.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Firedude17

The Russian is much stronger and more durable. He takes this.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@frozen said:

I love how people like to downplay Nolan's Batman and his fighting skills - even though Batman took down multiple armed opponents like ninjas, two SWAT teams and Bane's mercenaries, but Bane himself beat him in fair fight.

Doesn't matter if you don't like fight choreography, feats are feats and they speak for themselves. Also fight choreography is not this same as character's fighting skills.

The fact is, that Bane was one of the best of League of the shadows adepts, he was immune to pain, he was strong enough to crush concrete with bare fists - how Russian will withstand this? - and he beat skilled Batman in fair fight. So, he would most likely win.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@pokeysteve said:

yup.

@jwwprod said:

Yeah cause a smart person would punch a pillar twice before realizing his opponent moved.

No Caption Provided

And if you are gonna say he is tactically smart for organizing ther takeover of Gotham, he wasn't. He is Talias towel boy.

Waay to ignore the context,he was in pain and lashed out accordingly,still better than getting beaten by sauce and a flight of stairs,and Talia loved him,watch the movie properly.

I'm really tired of this BS,people here are more concerned about the process than the results. I still remember that Black Canary debate,hilarious how that character jobbed through out the course of the entire season and required medical attention after she was tossed a few feet in to the air, people thought she could beat Bane.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@picard said:

@pokeysteve said:

@those_eyes said:

@frozen said:

I love how people like to downplay Nolan's Batman and his fighting skills - even though Batman took down multiple armed opponents like ninjas, two SWAT teams and Bane's mercenaries, but Bane himself beat him in fair fight.

Doesn't matter if you don't like fight choreography, feats are feats and they speak for themselves. Also fight choreography is not this same as character's fighting skills.

The fact is, that Bane was one of the best of League of the shadows adepts, he was immune to pain, he was strong enough to crush concrete with bare fists - how Russian will withstand this? - and he beat skilled Batman in fair fight. So, he would most likely win.

Agreed.

These are the same people who think MCU's Black Widow is amazingly skilled because she can do a bunch of flips, yet has always relied on gadgets, it's always aesthetics > results with some people when it comes to judging fighting skills, shame.

People are lying to themselves if they think someone with no skill can beat down Ninja's and SWAT.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis:

I'm really tired of this BS,people here are more concerned about the process than the results. I still remember that Black Canary debate,hilarious how that character jobbed through out the course of the entire season and required medical attention after she was tossed a few feet in to the air, people thought she could beat Bane.

Exactly. Canary does a bunch of flips yet her results are hardly impressive, Bane beat someone who trashed a team of SWAT, Ninja's and Mercanaries --- whereas Canary does not really have much feats, hell even in that thread most said (including me and you) she'd get trashed.

Results > aesthetics. Bane may have not looked aesthetically pleasing, yet the person he beat was skilled.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot how awesome the Russian was!

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good match up. We don't know the Russian's training, although he was an absolute beast. I'd lean Bane since we know the level of training he had through the League. Is it possible, the Russian had similar training that went untold, I'll say not likely, but perhaps. He seemed to be a designated brawler, enforcer, assassin rather than part of a highly skilled team. Bane 6/10

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Good match up. We don't know the Russian's training, although he was an absolute beast. I'd lean Bane since we know the level of training he had through the League. Is it possible, the Russian had similar training that went untold, I'll say not likely, but perhaps. He seemed to be a designated brawler, enforcer, assassin rather than part of a highly skilled team. Bane 6/10

@picard said:

@pokeysteve said:

@those_eyes said:

@frozen said:

The thing is when I was trying to think who would win this fight I came to find that the Russian from the movie had no apparent weakness. He took stabs and crowbar hits like they were nothing and even batted back a grenade like he was a pro baseball player. Bane was also impressive though he did have a weakness that Batman was able to exploit in their last fight.

Add in the fact that the Russian seemed to be toying with Frank the whole fight makes me think that if they are both bloodlusted and have full knowledge on each other then the Russian is going to be attacking Bane's weak pointwhile Bane will have no weak point to actually target.

Food for thought I guess. I still can't really decide myself who would win this fight.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pokeysteve

@picard said:

It's not downplaying at all. It's looking at them realistically. Taking down multiple armed opponents is pretty standard. The SWAT were takin out in the dark with extra tech and not hand to hand skills. His ONLY decent feats are against Ras. The choreography is about as important as the pictures in comics.

I feel comfortable saying Bane is the best to come from the League. He destroyed Batman in the first fight and in the second Batman got lucky and clipped his mask. The Russian is going to do the exact same thing he did to 99% of Frank's attacks. He's going to smile and keep fighting. Feats are feats, as you said, and Bane doesn't have what it takes to put down the Russian.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waay to ignore the context,he was in pain and lashed out accordingly,still better than getting beaten by sauce and a flight of stairs,and Talia loved him,watch the movie properly.

It was boiling water and an underestimation of his opponent. Watch the movie properly.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

It was boiling water and an underestimation of his opponent. Watch the movie properly.

I watched it properly,certainly better than the other users here,it was a response to another ignorant statement.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane 8/10 . Would be 10/10 but it's a chance The Russian can break his mask .

Avatar image for the_happy_wendingo
The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.