#1 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2969 posts) - - Show Bio
Bane

VS

Avengers #28 by Walt Simonson
Samson

No prep fight till K.O. or death

#2 Posted by killers10333 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok well with no prep bane is DEFINATELY destroyed...honestly even with prep so its basically rulk and doc vs grundy and...i personally think hulk can take grundy so rulk should be able to and doc is just overkill...in my unprofessional opinion i say rulk and samson stomp... But i cant say i know too much about grundy =)

#3 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends on the incarnation of Grundy as his physical strength fluctuates...

#4 Edited by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know too much about Grundy. From what little I do know, he is either in a league where he can trade blows with Superman, or he's just dumb fodder. His powerlevels seem to fluctuate a great deal.

Bane, however, is overall severely outclassed.

#5 Posted by Nefarious (19761 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is a non-factor. The version of Solomon will determine the outcome of this match for him. Victory or no victory.

#6 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Solomon Grundy is a Zombie who is Immortal in a sense while he can be killed he will come back to life sooner or later. He possesses Superhuman strength and stamina, depending on how written or what story line his strength has been on par with Superman's. He was pretty resistant to Alan Scott's ring, and is very durable as well.

we are using Superman Strong Grundy

#7 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is Chaos Grundy then he might have a chance here. The problem with Grundy is that his power level changes with each incarnation... sometimes he's trading blows with Superman, sometimes he's getting beaten by street levelers.

#8 Posted by Typhion (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Bane is a non-factor. The version of Solomon will determine the outcome of this match for him. Victory or no victory.

Listen to this guy - he's right.

Grundy has been at levels where he's stronger than supes, but always slow. At other times, he's been around Bane's level. In scenario 1 - Grundy solos. In scenario 2, rulk OR doc solos.

#9 Posted by Nefarious (19761 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

@killers10333 @JediXMan Solomon Grundy is a Zombie who is Immortal in a sense while he can be killed he will come back to life sooner or later. He possesses Superhuman strength and stamina, depending on how written or what story line his strength has been on par with Superman's. He was pretty resistant to Alan Scott's ring, and is very durable as well.

@Nefarious we are using Superman Strong Grundy

Okay, then. Grundy can solo.  

@Typhion said:

@Nefarious said:

Listen to this guy - he's right.

Grundy has been at levels where he's stronger than supes, but always slow. At other times, he's been around Bane's level. In scenario 1 - Grundy solos. In scenario 2, rulk OR doc solos.

Yes, not to mention in one weak version, he got knocked around by Wildcat.
#10 Posted by killers10333 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait isnt rulk supposed to be stronger than hulk and doc sampson equal.. i thought i read somewhere here that hulk can be somewhat close to superman in physical power and doc probably under but the two together i feel could use number game to win.. not that it would be easy... but AGAIN...i never read or heard anything grundy lol

#11 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious: lol true and green arrow iirc

#12 Posted by Nefarious (19761 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAmazingImmortalMan: Green Arrow, too? I want to see that scan. 
#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20155 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane gets one-shotted by Rulk can then Doc Samson and Rulk team up on Solomon Grundy and beat the smuck out of him.

#14 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

This.

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 

#16 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't find the scan but it was in Green Arrow #18 vol 3 I believe, Grundy gets choked out and that is how he dies that time

#17 Posted by Nefarious (19761 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAmazingImmortalMan: Ohhhh.
#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is a non factor here

#19 Posted by beatboks1 (7159 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY do people put Bane. "Street level charcer" in rhese rediculoise match ups

#20 Posted by nickthedevil (12101 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

WHY do people put Bane. "Street level charcer" in rhese rediculoise
match ups

I think you misspelled a little there ;P

#21 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2

#22 Posted by beatboks1 (7159 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

@beatboks1 said:

WHY do people put Bane. "Street level charcer" in rhese rediculoise
match ups

I think you misspelled a little there ;P

LOL That's what I get for turning auto spell off on my Iphone (but I just hate the way it puts wrong words in)

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Nefarious said:

This.

#24 Posted by Son_of_simba (698 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc samson and Rulk have both held there own against the hulk so there combined power could be enough to put down most versions of grundy bane isint even a factor samson and rulk ignore his presence and attack grundy

#25 Posted by highaccuser (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy

#26 Posted by dondave (36563 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#27 Posted by VenomousTaco (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you do this to Bane?!

#28 Posted by ilikedonuts (2178 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy is on Superman level strength, durability an' power here? He solo's.

Red Hulk grabs Bane an' punches him in the gut an' that one punch smashes thru Bane's gut like a big, heavy rock smash thru a normal window. Grundy then comes an' says "STOP HITTING STEROID-MAN, RED MAN!!!!!!!" an' Rulk says "you must be Solomon Grundy…I've heard of you before. People seem to fear you. Well, I say you're nothing but a feeble ripoff of the blasted Hulk!" an' punches Grundy at the chest with a straight right, but he doesn't hurt Grundy at all an' simply hurts his own fist, then Grundy grabs Red Hulk an' starts doin' the health-chain attack from Injustice (basically a combo of body slams). This badly injures Rulk, an' then Grundy smashes Rulk's skull with a punch to the face. Then Samson jumps t'wards Grundy, but Grundy grabs him, sous a loud battle roar an' snaps his neck with a sudden twist.

Grundy solo's.

#29 Posted by Cregan_Stark (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Bane is a non-factor, Rulk and Doc can take any version of Grundy 2 on 1.