#1 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban from Nanatsu no Taizai.

He is immortal and can rob his opponents abilities like strength, speed, stamina etc. Ban is also superfast and has striking power to easily shatter a boulder.

Superman well you know who he is, super speed, super streght, invulnerability, flight etc.

So like, who wins this super clash?

Fight starts 2 feet apart, none of them has any idea of the others. ability. Win by obliteratin. It counts of superman blows Ban to bits. KO or kill for Superman

Morals are on.

Bloodlusted.

NO BFR!

#2 Edited by kotetsu454 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes just Kinda speed blitzes before this guys abilities can act.

And this isn't coming from a fanboy.

#3 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban also has speedblitzing speed in battle anyway. Supes is fast, but so is Ban, I think at least can react to superman.

#4 Posted by kotetsu454 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

This is borderline ABC logic but unless Ban can tag and/or react to someone like Flash...

#5 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@kotetsu454: Funny, that does remind me of Ban, as he leaves after images just like flash, and seemingly teleports when he wants to. Ill try and gt a scan when Im on pc.

#6 Edited by kotetsu454 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: I'm actually don't know much about the character so scans would be appreciated. Someone moving fast enough to provide after images is solid evidence this guy could survive.

Also fair warning if/when the superman fanboys show up they will be arguing a lot harder then I am.

#7 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@kotetsu454 said:

@lowlaville: I'm actually don't know much about the character so scans would be appreciated. Someone moving fast enough to provide after images is solid evidence this guy could survive.

Also fair warning if/when the superman fanboys show up they will be arguing a lot harder then I am.

Yes, Ill post scans, hold up. This is durability and speed feat combined. Ban is the taller guy wearing a black top. I put the last two scans to give you an idea of Meliodas's strength.

Meliodas punching Ban
Meliodas punching Ban out of the tower he was held captive in.
Ban throwing a barrage of punches
Meliodas punches Ban, pummeling him down towards the arena. The boulder (on which Byzel is located), shatters from the impact
King's shocked expression seeing Meliodas and Ban fighting. Scan also proves both of them are speedblitzing.
Ban becoming faster after he robbed Meliodas of speed
Ban finally appearing to overpower Meliodas
Ban & Meliodas
Ban evading Chastiefol spears with ease
Ban speedblitzing to get behind King

Meliodas throwing twig
twig thrown by Meliodas splitting a hill in half

#8 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2664 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by DeathandGrim (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

Question is, can "Ban" survive outer space?

Question is, can Ban survive a superman Earth shaking blow to the head?

Bloodlusted Supes is virtually close to Black Adam in ferocity

#11 Posted by patrat18 (8771 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO?

#12 Posted by Dratini1331 (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Superman will 1-shot him, same as Meliodas at the end of the tournament, or leaves him in space.

ban has a better chance morals on due to Physical Hunt.

#13 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman: Right, so let me go and find some strength feats for Ban. Although the thing about Bans strength is, he doesnt usually show it, except in his spars with Meliodas, which sort of shadows his strength. On top of that, his strength has never been consistant.

Ban kicked the thick steel door down
Using Jerichos attack, Ban got himself a shave, and a haircut lol
Ban after the shave and haircut
A seal was put on Baste Dungeon as Meliodas, Diane and Elizebath headed in to get Ban
Ban casually sending Meliodas crashing through 4 walls
Meliodas respond by sending Ban crashing through 3 walls...
Ban and Meliodas arm wrestling... which inevitably destroys Baste Dungeon, which was supposed to seal them in..
The dungeon that was supposed to seal them in... collapsed!

#14 Posted by Dratini1331 (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, and yes. Ban has physically lost his lungs and brain before and been absolutely fine. He cannot die from normal things, though he also cannot fly, so BFR is an option.

He also has Physical Hunt, which steals other people's powers and physical attributes (speed, strength, etc.). Think Parasite, except completely immortal and with an insane healing factor.

#15 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@lowlaville: Superman will 1-shot him, same as Meliodas at the end of the tournament, or leaves him in space.

ban has a better chance morals on due to Physical Hunt.

Ban got blown away, he did not get blown to bits, in fact.. he is pretty much unscathed. I've already shown Ban is fast enough to react and possibly keep up with Superman. And he is not THAT weak either.

Also, why do you think Ban has a better chance of using Physical Hunt, with morals on?

Edit: Wait a second, that black stuff on the wall (blood), is actually Ban, yes? Or was that where Ban crashed through? I think he just reformed there, in which case, Superman could one-hit KO Ban! =o

#16 Edited by DeathandGrim (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim said:

yes, and yes. Ban has physically lost his lungs and brain before and been absolutely fine. He cannot die from normal things, though he also cannot fly, so BFR is an option.

He also has Physical Hunt, which steals other people's powers and physical attributes (speed, strength, etc.). Think Parasite, except completely immortal and with an insane healing factor.

So he's just parasite.

Into the Sun with him

#17 Edited by Dratini1331 (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Immediately after that, he has to get help to get down from there, and gets carried back to the ring by the pig. I always thought he just had relatively low stamina, meaning he could be incapacitated. Or just punched into another continent. Ban is also not at the level of superman speed, not yet at least. Meliodas' best speed feat so far is reacting to lighting and parrying it. Superman is massively hypersonic in combat, and can hit MFTL in bull-rush or travel speed.

BL Superman has a tendency to fly people into the sun. Morals on will usually hold back at the beginning, which is why he loses to people he really shouldn't lose to sometimes. Ban, conversely, really has no morals to begin with.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Ban is shown achieving some much higher tier feats, I'm still sticking with Superman here. Even in the New 52, he still has some impressive feats under his belt. Of course, more Ban experts could prove me wrong but this is the way I see it atm.

#19 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@deathandgrim said:

So he's just parasite.

Into the Sun with him

I added it, no BFR! lol

#20 Posted by dondave (34343 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Unless Ban is shown achieving some much higher tier feats, I'm still sticking with Superman here. Even in the New 52, he still has some impressive feats under his belt. Of course, more Ban experts could prove me wrong but this is the way I see it atm.

#21 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Immediately after that, he has to get help to get down from there, and gets carried back to the ring by the pig. I always thought he just had relatively low stamina, meaning he could be incapacitated. Or just punched into another continent. Ban is also not at the level of superman speed, not yet at least. Meliodas' best speed feat so far is reacting to lighting and parrying it. Superman is massively hypersonic in combat, and can hit MFTL in bull-rush or travel speed.

BL Superman has a tendency to fly people into the sun. Morals on will usually hold back at the beginning, which is why he loses to people he really shouldn't lose to sometimes. Ban, conversely, really has no morals to begin with.

It could work out where Ban steals Supermans ability to fly. But I agree, Ban needed to be carried to Byzel on the back of a big, but I think he was just being lazy, or the powers he robbed left him, leaving him in a weakened state. It could also mean that while his body heals incredibly fast, it takes longer for stamina to replenish.

#22 Posted by DeathandGrim (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim said:

@dratini1331 said:

@deathandgrim said:

So he's just parasite.

Into the Sun with him

I added it, no BFR! lol

Fine. He'll fly them both to the sun and fight there.

#23 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Dratini1331 (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: I don't think he can take any specific powers, like flight or HV. He can only take physical stats, like Super speed or Super strength. At least, I don't think he can... He didn't steal full counter or The other holy knight that fought him (the one that showed up with geera and was at his prison initially, can't remember her name ATM, Julit or something along those lines...).

#25 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: I don't think he can take any specific powers, like flight or HV. He can only take physical stats, like Super speed or Super strength. At least, I don't think he can... He didn't steal full counter or The other holy knight that fought him (the one that showed up with geera and was at his prison initially, can't remember her name ATM, Julit or something along those lines...).

Jericho. It could be that he didn't want to absorb any of those traits. Flying is a physical ability no?

#26 Posted by Dratini1331 (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Dunno how it would work in the NNT universe. It's hard to judge that sort of thing honestly. No one yet in NNT has flight, so we can't say for certain how that works. I also don't think he would just not want to absorb those powers since Jericho (thanks for that btw) was capable of causing extreme, and lasting, injuries to him. If he could've taken that power, I see no reason not to. Though he was also exhausted so maybe physical hunt has a limit to usage per day ATM...

#27 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@lowlaville: Dunno how it would work in the NNT universe. It's hard to judge that sort of thing honestly. No one yet in NNT has flight, so we can't say for certain how that works. I also don't think he would just not want to absorb those powers since Jericho (thanks for that btw) was capable of causing extreme, and lasting, injuries to him. If he could've taken that power, I see no reason not to. Though he was also exhausted so maybe physical hunt has a limit to usage per day ATM...

Helbram, and King are flyers... what are you saying. o.o Demon form Meliodas has also flown.

#28 Edited by Dratini1331 (6971 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: D'oh forgot about king! I only thought demon Meliodas jumped super crazy far, I don't remember him flying. I better reread that last chapter :/

#29 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: D'oh forgot about king! I only thought demon Meliodas jumped super crazy far, I don't remember him flying. I better reread that last chapter :/

The demon blood (which I assume the black stuff is), covered one of his hand, and he did hover. That was before he increased the black stuff, later making claws of them covering both his hands.

#30 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

What use is otherworldy feats really, except to prove speed and strength. Anyway, the manga is pretty much just starting, at the 53rd chapter in fact, set to release in the US spring next year Heck, the seven sins hasn't even been properly introduced yet, just Ban, Diane and Meliodas. Though Gowther has been seen in the manga, we have yet to figure anything of him, except that he is perhaps a giant, slightly shorter than Diane. I guess you will have to wait around 200 or so chapters for feats more impressive than what I showed.

#31 Edited by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville said:

What use is otherworldy feats really, except to prove speed and strength. Anyway, the manga is pretty much just starting, at the 53rd chapter in fact, set to release in the US spring next year Heck, the seven sins hasn't even been properly introduced yet, just Ban, Diane and Meliodas. Though Gowther has been seen in the manga, we have yet to figure anything of him, except that he is perhaps a giant, slightly shorter than Diane. I guess you will have to wait around 200 or so chapters for feats more impressive than what I showed.

I understand this manga is early on but I'm just observing that New 52 Superman still has better striking (causing a massive shockwave in H'El on Earth), durability (tanking a blow into orbit and a kick from the Salt Mines of Utah to the Needle Outlooks in the next county) and speed (creating a water spout and freezing it in 3 seconds) feats. Ban hasn't shown anything on that level though there could be more scans you haven't shown me. And there's BFR to consider too since Ban can't fly whereas Superman can.

#32 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville said:

I understand this manga is early on but I'm just observing that New 52 Superman still has better striking (causing a massive shockwave in H'El on Earth), durability (tanking a blow into orbit and a kick from the Salt Mines of Utah to the Needle Outlooks in the next county) and speed (creating a water spout and freezing it in 3 seconds) feats. Ban hasn't shown anything on that level though there could be more scans you haven't shown me. And there's BFR to consider too since Ban can't fly whereas Superman can.

Yes, I do realize Superman has all that. And thats precisely why I chose him. If Ban decides to rob Superman's strength or speed right off the bat, there goes the advantage. Physical hunt works in the proximity of the target, which is why I placed them quite near to each other. If Ban takes, even a portion of the Super strength in the fraction of the second, and he has the reaction speed to perhaps last about a minute, he can very easily turn the battle in his favor. Meliodas only won because of his demonic powers.

Well, there isn't much scans I could show you besides the ones already posted in the topic. Ban has engaged in two fights, three. I posted scans in between, and of two fights. The other one doesn't have anything noteworthy, it just showed that Ban was immortal.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I do realize Superman has all that. And thats precisely why I chose him. If Ban decides to rob Superman's strength or speed right off the bat, there goes the advantage. Physical hunt works in the proximity of the target, which is why I placed them quite near to each other. If Ban takes, even a portion of the Super strength in the fraction of the second, and he has the reaction speed to perhaps last about a minute, he can very easily turn the battle in his favor. Meliodas only won because of his demonic powers.

Well, there isn't much scans I could show you besides the ones already posted in the topic. Ban has engaged in two fights, three. I posted scans in between, and of two fights. The other one doesn't have anything noteworthy, it just showed that Ban was immortal.

Will he think to do that before Superman decides to unleash a barrage of speed blitz and powerful hits on him? I'm not certain he would. And even if Ban did steal Superman's power, he could just replicate the tactic he did in Action Comics 21 and fly to the sun to replenish his power. Lex had infected Superman with a virus that had stripped him of a lot of power and was using a red sun suit on him so Superman piggy backed off Lex's jetpack and made it to the sun to recharge. The younger Superman managed to make it into orbit by himself so it wouldn't be out of his reach to manage again.

#34 Posted by Dextersinister (5763 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville said:

@deathandgrim said:

@dratini1331 said:

@deathandgrim said:

So he's just parasite.

Into the Sun with him

I added it, no BFR! lol

Fine. He'll fly them both to the sun and fight there.

made me laugh

#35 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: The possibilities are limitless. As seen with the fight with Meliodas, Ban could first go for speed, in which case, now, Superman is slower than he would be, while making himself faster. And then steal strength, in which case, even if Superman comes back after recharging (and I don't think Bans ability is absorption in anyway, he is able to literally rip out an aspect from the opponent, which means, Superman has no strength reserves to replenish. In Meliodas' case, it appears blowing Ban up brought back his natural reserve.), Ban is capable of matching Superman.

Although, the fight could literally end in an instant if Superman lands a blow on Ban first (as per the restriction. Otherwise, Ban wouldn't lose).

#36 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Do you have feats to show Ban literally tearing an aspect of someone's abilities from them as opposed to absorption? And as for the last comment, why not make this a morals on fight? Superman wouldn't go for the killing or lethal blow as quickly as he would in this instance.

#37 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville: Do you have feats to show Ban literally tearing an aspect of someone's abilities from them as opposed to absorption? And as for the last comment, why not make this a morals on fight? Superman wouldn't go for the killing or lethal blow as quickly as he would in this instance.

I was thinking about it. Because Ban had no morals to begin with and would go straight for a killing blow whenever possible. The more superman delays, Bans chances increases towards victory as it stands.

#38 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I was thinking about it. Because Ban had no morals to begin with and would go straight for a killing blow whenever possible. The more superman delays, Bans chances increases towards victory as it stands.

So he'd have no qualms ending Superman quickly then? Would he pull out this physical hunt tactic when he released he can't physically overpower Superman? Alternatively however, a morals off Superman is far more likely to end Ban before he uses this Hunt ability.

#39 Posted by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville said:

@lvenger said:

So he'd have no qualms ending Superman quickly then? Would he pull out this physical hunt tactic when he released he can't physically overpower Superman? Alternatively however, a morals off Superman is far more likely to end Ban before he uses this Hunt ability.

If thats possible. Ban had no trouble using his strength + Meliodas strength that he robbed on Meliodas, even when Meliodas was coughing up blood, Ban didnt lower the intensity of his strike one bit. He's not someone by nature that has any morals, as have been said before. Yes, when he realizes Superman is stronger than he is, he would activate the physical hunt ability. It doesnt appear to require any particular sets of gestures or motion from Ban, though he did outwardly suck the strength and power from Meliodas when he fell down from weakness.

Yes, I realize that. And as par your suggestion, I have turned morals on. However, by default Ban does not have any morals. Dont know if it makes any difference to him if the opponent has morals on.

To the question you asked earlier (I forgot to answer), I dont think Ban simply absorbs abilities of his opponents. He is a thief, and he steals.

As far as I know, speed and agility at least, is not something that you can absorb, leaving the other deprieved. Evident from this, Ban is also taking Meliodas's physical endurance. He should not have been brought down by a punch like that. Even after having robbed that much strength, Meliodas still easily overpowered Ban. And this is where, the absorbing theory comes into play. He might have just been absorbing all along. Or, it may be that Ban can control how much of speed and strength he steals.

In the end, despite Meliodas trying to fend of Ban, he still managed to deplete the natural reserves of speed, and strength Meliodas had, forcing him to use the demonic side of him. That side of course, proved far stronger, and blew Ban off the stadium in a single strike.

Because it says Ban can rob the abilities temporarily, I think it means he is just simply robbing. On the other hand, Meliodas was moving around fine after having tapped into his demonic powers. This could mean that the demonic powers he tapped in to filled his natural reserves that Ban had robbed. Kind of two ways to look at it. I guess it will be made clear in the future the exact nature of the ability.

#40 Edited by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: It seems Ban is only temporarily depriving abilities from those he steals, not literally tearing an aspect of their powers from them. And if Meliodas managed to move around after losing his abilities, it seems maybe Superman will be capable of replenishing his powers with enough time to recover and proximity to the sun.

#41 Edited by lowlaville (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@lowlaville: It seems Ban is only temporarily depriving abilities from those he steals, not literally tearing an aspect of their powers from them. And if Meliodas managed to move around after losing his abilities, it seems maybe Superman will be capable of replenishing his powers with enough time to recover and proximity to the sun.

Yeah, that sounds like a logical assumption. He should be, if he can recharge.

#42 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: It depends on whether Superman will have enough solar reserves to get away from Ban though.