Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zephyr Corsair

No Caption Provided
VS
The battle takes place in the Highlands of Scotland.'
To the death.
52 cards/One Staff for Gambit(Death Powers added)
2 Barretta's for Fantomex(Ammo Unlmtd.)
2 Desert Eagles for Grifter(Ammo Unlmtd.) 
Grifter(TK Capabilities) 
Backlash(Unlmtd Stamina)
No Prep time.
In Character.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm still not sure how Fantomex's "misdirection" works (I think that's the point of it) and I don't know all of Gambit's Death powers so a refresher on that would be nice. Team 7's psychic abilities get stronger when they're around each other so Grifter and Backlash get a bonus there, and the unlimited stamina means no restriction on misting. Grifter and Backlash have a ton of experience working together and the other team has some TP defense. Actually, everyone has some TP defense, which is good since they all have some manipulative abilities, although none of them are the standard kind of TP so the defenses may not be all that useful now that I think about it. Seems like a good fight with interesting stuff on either side.

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Clutch

Gambits death powers are as follows:

Gambit demonstrates the ability to convert inert materials into toxic substances (such as transforming breathable air into poisonous gases) and has the potential to ingest diseases and plagues. He could control deadly gases as well.

Gambit seems to be somehow suppressing the Horsemen in his mind. If the Horsemen is psychically tempered with, it seems that Gambit can again transform into him causing his appearance to once again change. While in this form again he has been able to sense a telepath that was erasing his presence. He has also shown to still be able to charge his cards, though when hitting someone the person's skin turns black (seemingly associated with severe pain), and they disintegrate or possibly get sucked into the card (seeing as the card is still present, still charged, and smoking with energy). Gambit has shown to be able to transform back into his regular form.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

So basically making poison and his cards are pretty much one-hit-kills?

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Clutch

Basically. Im not sure if that info is accurate on Gambit's card though.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think he sucks them into the card, or that's at least the impression I got from that fight. 

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

C'mon...

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Clutch

I'm going to say that Gambit and Fantomex win. Fantomex has a confusing factor,and Gambit seems to have a power that can one hit the other team. Though on the other hand Backlash can mist without tiring.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm unsure who wins but I'll be against you just so it's interesting and maybe we'll figure it out together. I'm not sure yet how to deal with the misdirection other than hoping that the psi powers gifted by the gen-factor and boosted by being near each other help them out. Grifter's Coda training is also helpful against psychic things. Gambit's one hit kill cards are nice, but both guys on the other team can dodge bullets even before getting to their individuals methods of avoiding the cards (misting, shooting them or telekinetically moving them away). Grifter could use the cards against the team, letting Gambit throw one not knowing he can turn it right around.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida

Can someone explain Backlash misting for me?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Ferro Vida: He turns into mist. Readers see it as smoke but characters can't see it at all. He can use it to get through tight spaces, go into someone's body and bust out, take people with him, let bullets and other attacks pass through him harmlessly, heal damage (by turning a hurt area to mist and then back), and throw tangible punches and kicks from his intangible mist form.
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clutch
@Buckshot said:
" I'm unsure who wins but I'll be against you just so it's interesting and maybe we'll figure it out together. I'm not sure yet how to deal with the misdirection other than hoping that the psi powers gifted by the gen-factor and boosted by being near each other help them out. Grifter's Coda training is also helpful against psychic things. Gambit's one hit kill cards are nice, but both guys on the other team can dodge bullets even before getting to their individuals methods of avoiding the cards (misting, shooting them or telekinetically moving them away). Grifter could use the cards against the team, letting Gambit throw one not knowing he can turn it right around. "
I've read that Grifter has trouble when he uses his TK to its full extent, can he last a whole battle with Gambit/Fantomex throwing attacks at him? Also I dont think any TP would work in this battle,like you said earlier they all have a different defense to those types of attack. It seems all the power sets are sort of similair,so the edge would have to be hand-to-hand combat.

I think Backlash and Grifter are better h2h.@Ferro Vida said:
" Can someone explain Backlash misting for me? "
He is able to turn to a mist/vapor form to travel,sneak up on oppenents etc. Usually he cannot do it more then  a few times because it weakens him,but he has Unlmtd. Stamina in this battle.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Buckshot:@Clutch: Well then can't Death-Gambit take complete control of him?
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clutch
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Buckshot:@Clutch: Well then can't Death-Gambit take complete control of him? "
I dont see how he could.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Clutch: I don't, I just see his ability to manipulate gases as being more effective in that situation.

Just actually read what I posted there. lol Wrong choice of words.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Ferro Vida: He doesn't manipulate gas if I understand correctly. He makes things poisonous and that was an example of something he did once. I don't know how he'd be able to affect Backlash's mist form. Nothing really messes with him in mist form (though magic did once) and it's auto-healing. 

@Clutch: Using his powers to their fullest isn't something he does much, but he can TK control his guns for extended periods without any strain. That level of power would be good to move cards, shoot guns from places where he isn't, and maybe do things like squeeze a heart. I didn't think offense TP would work, but maybe defensively against the misdirection.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Buckshot: I couldn't think of a better word to describe it at the time lol. Anyway, I don't really know enough about Grifter and Backlash to comment.
EagleDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By EagleDream

Bump.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By darktiger

grifter and backlash win better hand to hand plus grifter is a master marksman he quickly shoots gambit in the heead and then they team up and defeat fantomex when he shoots bullets grifter uses his tk to move them