Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Backflip

No Caption Provided

This is the Triskelion. Inside, at it's very core, is Wanda Maximoff. Arguably by the consequences of her action, she is one of the most prolific murderers on the planet. Now she must face judgement.

Employed by Roma, Guardian of the Omniverse, Team 1 must infiltrate the Triskelion from two miles out, aboard a reserve Quinjet. Once inside, they must outmaneuver or out right kill the opposing team before kidnapping (Or killing) Wanda Maximoff and getting her back to the Quinjet whereby they shall all be teleported to the Starlight Citadel. However, a number of situtional hazards are gonna make this difficult. Firstly, her cell is Teleport proof. Aka, you can just 'port in and out'. Furthemore, the Triskelion has defenses and Team 2 know that someone is about to stage a kidnapping of Wanda Maximoff so it's gonna be tough.

Team 2 alternate objectives, as employed by Nick Fury are slightly different. They need to stop the assault, protect Wanda and ideally annihilate as much of the team as possible. They are given total executive control over the Raft, and 20 shield agents from which to assist them in their responsibilities.

Oh, and both teams only have 1 hour to complete there objectives.

Triskelion Defenses

- Your standard Turrents

- Lockdown Doors

- 20 Armed Shield Personal

- Wanda's Prison

Team 1 Bonuses

- 1 hours full prep with dossiers of the location, and their opponents. Access to gear must be realistic

Team 2 Bonuses

- 2 Hours at the Triskelion getting to know the layout etc and set up defenses. However, they are unaware of who EXACTLY will be attacking. Access to external gear must be feasible.

Summary Objectives

Team 1

- Kidnap or Kill Wanda Maximoff from her Cell in the Triskelion (In the event of Team 1 winning, providing they can prove they can kidnap Wanda they shall be rewarded)

Team 2

- Prevent the kidnapping or death of Wanda (Team 2 get a bonus if they can wipe out the entire opposing team)

Rules

- BRF is allowed, but only to other parts of the scenario location

- Opponents can be killed or incapacitated, either is acceptable

- Mindraping is acceptable and encouraged :P

Teams

Backflip

VS

Batatest

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batatest

What to do with my Prep time?

Right so Prep. Well I suppose the first 15 minutes will be everybody catching up, as they're all team-mates and good friends, well except for Magik, but even still with all of them being regular team mates, team work is going to be fairly easy for me if I'm totally honest.

Anyway, time to kick it up a notch for the next hour and a half :P

So making use of Magik's portals, Sage will pop off to get his Diana Fox outfit. For those who are unaware, this is a suit in the vein of the Captain Britain outfits, and effectively, it boosts her stats to Superhuman, we're talking like 90 tons or so? Along with providing her with Flight abilities.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile, Rachel will be ported back to Cerebra, wherein she'll scan the Triskelion for Wanda, pinpointing her exact location with surprising efficiency.

Finally, once all assembled, Sage will use the Dossiers and her previous omniscience to pin point the weaknesses of the opposing teams, like the Old-Power that Caiera possesses' reliance on being in contact with the earth ect. In addition, using her cyberpathy, she'll pull schematics for the Triskelion from SHIELD databases so that they can plan an exact route in and out of the building. Meanwhile, Rachel will link them all up via a Telepathic connection.

Aboard the quinjet, they'll enter the Triskelion airspace, and that's where things get personal.

BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BataTest

Team Work

Teamwork should not be a major problem here. For the purposes of this fight, there are two units to my squad: Research and Defense . The Defense unit are all shadow people and have a previous relationship. Skaar has his mother back in the flesh, and is more mature too after reconciling with his father.

Prep Time

Brainiac 5, Hank Pym, and Ray Palmer go over the security defenses of the Triskelion with the shield personnel. Identifying weak points & possible area's of attack. Brainiac, Hank, and Ray also discuss their shrinking/growth technology and techniques making the links between the two so that there is a unification of the technology.

Brainiac 5 gives each team member: telepathic ear plugs and legion flight rings. Wanda's cell is coated with a solid three layers of inertron. Provided by Brainiac. Hiroim uses his mystic powers as a shadow priest to shield against telepathic abilities.

No Caption Provided

The Research unit then comes to the conclusion the best defense to protect Wanda from kidnapping is to move the Triskelion. Brainiac, Pym, and Palmer use the technology of Pym and Palmer to create a dimensional fluxuation device. Phasing the building between random dimensions every few seconds. Each member of the team, and the shield staff is given a device which syncs with these shifts keeping them in parallel.

Palmer is assigned to protect Wanda who is treated with pym particles and placed in a inertron capsule. As a last ditch effort Ray is to shrink down and take Wanda into the microverse.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Backflip

@batatest

Teamwork should not be a major problem here. For the purposes of this fight, there are two units to my squad: Research and Defense . The Defense unit are all shadow people and have a previous relationship. Skaar has his mother back in the flesh, and is more mature too after reconciling with his father.

Right well this seems legit so no problems here.

@batatest Brainiac 5 gives each team member: telepathic ear plugs and legion flight rings. Wanda's cell is coated with a solid three layers of inertron. Provided by Brainiac

I was unaware that he just kept the Legion flight rings lying around, and you do realize that Telepathic earplugs don't actually allow for Telepathic chatter, they just automatically translate different dialects into a recognised form. Also, Inertron?

The Research unit them comes to the conclusion the best defense to protect Wanda from kidnapping is to move the Triskelion. Brainiac, Pym, and Palmer use the technology of Pym and Palmer to create a dimensional fluxuation device. Phasing the building between random dimensions every few seconds. Each member of the team, and the shield staff is given a device which syncs with these shifts keeping them in parallel.

You have but one hours prep, I'd be very intrigued as to how you actually believe that they're going to be able to create all this, on top of retrieving their equipment AND laying her cell with Inertron. So yeah, I'm calling your bluff on this one, I need some proof they can actually do this, because even for these three super scientists, 1 hour is hardly sufficient for something as complex as what you're talking about.

BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BataTest

I have two hours as the defense team, No?

No Caption Provided

Inertron is a metal from dc comics.

I'd say he has them with him, in his compressor device. It's feasible. Yeah the earplugs are so they can communicate if their flight rings go out, as backup.

If you don't like that Brainac has some inertron on him. Then Covering the cell can be done by either member of my old strong team, as they have earth control with the old power and can pass it to humans. Ray, or Pym would just need an understanding of it's structure and then they could recreate if given the old power or describe it to the shadow team.

No Caption Provided

Building the fulx device is not all that complex given the people on my team. Ray shifts his matter between dimensions already using his device and Pym does the same. With the three of them Pym, Palmer, Brainiac all you have to do is scale it up and make more. They are in the S.H.I.E.L.D building also, with all it's facilities, equipment and the shield staff too.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Backflip

@batatest

Inertron is a metal from dc comics.

I see, so basically, it's a weaker variant on the Adamantium gig. Well of course, Braniac has whole stock piles of that lying around in malleable form to coat the cell with... /sarcasm

Still, I'll allow you this as it's fair easy to break past.

It's not really all that complex. Ray shifts his matter between dimensions already using his device and Pym does the same. With the three of themPym, Palmer, Brainiac all you have to do is scale it up and make more.

What your proposing is actually a hell of a lot more complex than the current technology that any of them wield. You're talking about changing their shrinking tech into what is effectively a vibrating plate ripping through the dimensional barriers. Onto of that, they then need to attune a bunch of different men and women who have drastically different physiologies, it's impractical given such a small time frame. Honestly, If we're being realistic, even by Comic-book logic, they're more likely just to rip a hole in the Triskelion and create some diabolical singulairty.

Right, anyway, yeah until I see proof that this is feasible, I'm pretty much discreditting and ignoring your Prep, well these two parts of it anyway :P

@beatboks1, @nickzambuto, @cadencev2, @havenless, @youngjustice, @sovereign91001,@mrtrevorguy, @diredrill, @202122, @esquire, @veitha, @juiceboks, @batatest, @18hunt,@supermanwithatan01, @thundergodswrath

Battle Plan - Phase 1, storm the beaches

Right, so here we GO!

The Quinjet will fly my team into the battlefield as promised. Hovering at 2 miles out, Rachel will initiate the mindlink and Psi-Scan the area in front of her. Whilst she does this, Sage will use her Tech-glasses to start hacking through the Triskelion from a distance, revealing defenses and effectively taking control over the turrents, radio chatters etc. Via the mind link, this will now be information subject to everybody on my team.

Evidence of Sage's hacking ability. She has direct access to the files of the White House, Avengers (Stark), Fantastic Four (Richards) etc

From here, my team is going to split into two.

Team 1 - Captain Britain, Meggan.

Team 2 - Rachel Grey, Sage, Northstar, Magik

Captain Britain and Meggan will leave the Quinjet and fly towards the Triskelion, whilst Team 2 is teleported in by Magik to the far end of the Triskelion, and with Rachel/Sage providing Telepathic/Technological cover, they're largely be totally invisible to both computers, and the naked eye.

Sage will remotely control the Quinjet, and crash it into the Triskelion. Now it's not going to cause much damage, but it'll make a lot of noise, and will no doubt draw the attention of Batatest's team. Captain Britain and Meggan will fly in after it.

Naturally we're expecting his Defense team to go on the offense to a certain degree and come at us as soon as we hit the Triskelion. But the problem with Batatest' defense team is that they rely on touching the Earth for their Old power to be enacted, and Magik who'll have prior notice due to the dossiers, will just teleport all three of them into the sea, effectively removing them from being a pain with surprising ease.

Magik demonstrating her ease at teleporting multiple foes
Magik demonstrating her ease at teleporting multiple foes

End of Phase 1

- Caiera, Skaar and Hiroim have all been dumped into the ocean are are in the process of having to swim back

- Sage has hacked the Triskelion

- My team 2 is under technological and telepathic cover due to Rachel/Sage

- Captain Britain and Meggan are flying in at the Triskelion

Phase 2 - Break open the cell and get the hell out of here.

In the event that Hank Pym goes Giant size, Brian and Meggan are floating around over head to knock the living daylights out of him, but really, that's not essential if I'm being honest.

Northstar is up next. Blitzing through at lightspeed, he'll disarm and take down the guards, and with the schematics for the Triskelion placed in his head by Sage, he'll make a beeline straight for the troublesome lot, aka, Atom. He'll definitely be moving faster than Ray Palmer has time to shrink, and should realistically be able to one hit K.O the tiny scientist before his can shrink down. Yes Northstar won't be able to take down the cell himself, but he'll have taken down the SHIELD personal, and the Atom with ease so that benefits me.

No Caption Provided

Also in the event that Braniac and Hank Pym haven't gone after Captain Britain, Northstar will keep them busy. Perhaps Sage will assist with the use of the Triskelion's defenses against them...

Whilst he does this, Magik, Rachel and Sage are going for the Cell. Naturally, Magik has had experience at this. So here we go.

We're at least into the room that Wanda is being kept in. Once through the defenses, Meggan will float down to assist Team 2 with the final stages.

In the event that Batatest' defense team is getting back quicker than expected, Captain Britain will be there to blitz around and keep them at bay. He's in all of their weight class, has a sword that can cut through anything, and is far faster. Really, he can't lose.

With Team 2 plus Meggan inside the Cell. Meggan will proceed to manipulate the atomic structure of the cell, parting it as to allow Rachel to drag the Scarlet Witch's ass out of her cell.

(Can't find the scan for Meggan's molecule parting stuff... Which is annoying. Give me a little bit and I'll find it :P).

Anyway, with that, Magik will port the rest of my team out pronto vit.

Contingency plan

Let's be honest, even if it doesn't go EXACTLY as planned, my team is still at an obvious advantage.

As previously mentioned, Magik can practically neutralize Batatest' defense team very easily, thus putting him at a distinct disadvantage.

On top of that, he has no counter for Meggan's empathic, or Sage's and Rachel's Telepathic abilities which again, can near enough just mow through your entire team.

Feats from Sage and Rachel showing how screwed your team will be if we go Telepathic on you.

Northstar moves too fast for anyone on Batatest's team to even tag him.

Captain Britain, Meggan, and now Sage are all in the same weight class as Skaar, if not actually stronger in the case of Cap and Meggan, so really, Batatest has no advantages.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't call Skaar mid level

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Backflip

@18hunt: Yeah I've already discussed this and he's been allowed, so please focus on the battle and less nitpicking :P

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Veitha

@backflip: that is a very good reply and a very good tactics

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Backflip

@veitha: Cheers, any criticisms at all so far?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Veitha

@backflip: I can't find anything bad with that tactics. And this is a very cool tournament :)

BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BataTest

Prep Continuation

Well, if you want to ignore my prep then it's just up to the voters to decided if they think it is plausible or not but given the people on my team. Three of the top intellects in Both DC and Marvel. Pym by himself has created much more complex things Ultron, Jocsta, etc. Brainiac 5 has created the legion flight ring, Time travel devices, Computo, robot dup of Supergirl etc. In addition to Ray Palmer who by himself can travel through dimensions, and sub-atomic universes. There are too a total of 23 people available to lend a hand as well as the technologies available in the Triskelion. If it's the size of the item that leads anybody to say it's improbable then they could just make one for Wanda herself. But I still stand by my prep, each member of my research team also has as standard equipment compressor's, and storage devices, that they use to carry an array of items at sub atomic size.

Close Prep Cont..

Attack Flaws

You've taken major liberates to say what my team would do. Especially because you said they'd go go out an attack when their objective is to defend, and I've clearly said they are the defensive team. Most of them are hardened warriors, with a research team of strategic geniuses.

They know the game. They would not shift to attack mode and go chasing the other team around. If you're playing king of the hill and you've already got the hill you don't have to go running around.

Counter...

Sage won't be able to hack the system while Brainiac 5, and Hank Pym are at the helm. I said too, that Hiroim would shield the team using his mystic powers as a shadow priest. He was able to battle doctor strange in the magic plane.

No Caption Provided

Also by flying the plane into the building, and attempting to take control of the buildings computer system. you've lost the element of surprise and given warning that the attack is underway.

With my team moving to a more confined space your teams speed is negated. They can funnel the attackers, by using the old power to seal up entrances, and directions of attack, increasing their strike chance and reducing the area of focus.

No Caption Provided

Like I said before, Palmer is in the Cell with Wanda so if things start go to downhill he takes her into the micro-verse. I'd say things are going downhill if the communications go out, the system gets hacked, or he sees his team get teleported all over the place. He could potentially bring Hank and Brainiac with him too. Palmer, and Pym have much more experience at this level should you even be able to follow them so they'll have the home field.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batatest

Prep Continuation

Well, if you want to ignore my prep then it's just up to the voters to decided if they think it is plausible or not but given the people on my team. Three of the top intellects in Both DC and Marvel. Pym by himself has created much more complex things Ultron, Jocsta, etc. Brainiac 5 has created the legion flight ring, Time travel devices, Computo, robot dup of Supergirl etc. In addition to Ray Palmer who by himself can travel through dimensions, and sub-atomic universes. There are too a total of 23 people available to lend a hand as well as the technologies available in the Triskelion. If it's the size of the item that leads anybody to say it's improbable then they could just make one for Wanda herself. But I still stand by my prep, each member of my research team also has as standard equipment compressor's, and storage devices, that they use to carry an array of items at sub atomic size.

Actually, aside from the Time Machine, nothing that you've listed comes anywhere near the complexity of the Dimensional Shifter you're proposing. None of these 23 Shield agents are going to be specialized enough that Hank, or Ray would trust them around all this volatile techonology. Remember, we're all IN CHARACTER :P

You've taken major liberates to say what my team would do. Especially because you said they'd go go out an attack when their objective is to defend, and I've clearly said they are the defensive team. Most of them are hardened warriors, with a research team of strategic geniuses.

They know the game. They would not shift to attack mode and go chasing the other team around. If you're playing king of the hill and you've already got the hill you don't have to go running around.

Frankly this doesn't actually matter, as my team knows the exact location of EVERYONE on your team thanks to Sage and Rachel Summers. So Magik can just pinpoint them, teleporting in, then teleport them out into the Ocean. They don't actually even have to go on the offensive, this is just too easy.

Also by flying the plane into the building, and attempting to take control of the buildings computer system. you've lost the element of surprise and given warning that the attack is underway.

By the time the plane crashes, my guys are already in position and on the offensive, so we don't need the surprise.

With my team moving to a more confined space your teams speed is negated. They can funnel the attackers, by using the old power to seal up entrances, and directions of attack, increasing their strike chance and reducing the area of focus.

As apparent in the Cyclops vs Northstar scan, nothing you do will be quick enough that Northstar won't be able to glide on through and exploit. Aside from that, I have Teleporters and girls who can manipulate the Earth/Phase so lets be honest, your Rock blockades aren't going to be slowing my team down at all. Regardless, Skaar, Hiroim and Caiera will be in the Ocean already.

Like I said before, Palmer is in the Cell with Wanda so if things start go to downhill he takes her into the micro-verse. I'd say things are going downhill if the communications go out, the system gets hacked, or he sees his team get teleported all over the place. He could potentially bring Hank and Brainiac with him too. Palmer, and Pym have much more experience at this level should you even be able to follow them so they'll have the home field.

If you take this approach, I can either just wipe you out telepathically from the safety of the Macroverse, or just get Magik to shift you into Limbo, once again retaining my advantage. If you're proving annoyingly ellusive and time is running out, then Sage and Rachel can just team up to create a Quantum Singularity right where the cell was, effectively killing your guys and Wanda, but whatever it takes to win.

No Caption Provided

I'm ready to vote guys. @batatest is that cool with you?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for Backflip, I think his tactics is very good.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am voting Backflip because I do not buy the usage of a Dimensional Shifter. I would have liked to see Batatest use his readily available shrinking tech as it does not stretch the confines of the tourney.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump guys

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting for Backflip. He brought up many more ways to win than Batatest, even if we don't disallow the dimensional shifter. Fun read, though.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get cheers for my vote. :(

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Backflip

@diredrill: THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE VOTE, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT, WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT I'D NOT BE PRETTY MUCH DESTINED TO WIN.

(Sorry if that was a little too sassy :P But yeah, truely, thanks :P)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sovereign91001

I'm gonna give this one to @backflip, he's got a couple different ways he can play this out and overall I felt he ran the better debate. The one issue I had was with that last scan, I believe that's a Phoenix feat, with the fiery aura and the firebird tattoo/glyph on Rachel's face.

@batatest: You ran a solid argument and if you had more than a couple hours your prep would've been more feasible, I just think the scope of what you were attempting to do during the time frame you had to work with was a bit too unrealistic, good job though with a very unique plan.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna give this one to @backflip, he's got a couple different ways he can play this out and overall I felt he ran the better debate. The one issue I had was with that last scan, I believe that's a Phoenix feat, with the fiery aura and the firebird tattoo/glyph on Rachel's face.

That isn't a Phoenix Feat. The Phoenix symbol is actually her psi-mark that only really emerged after she lost the Phoenix because of the Askani fiasco. Her Psi-Mark is basically like Psylocke's butterfly. But yeah, considering that a year later under the penmanship of Brubaker she gained the Echo-Phoenix proves that she doesn't have the Phoenix her and now.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@backflip: Gotcha and thanks for clearing that up

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right so at the moment, Backflip - 4, Batatest - 0.... Enough to move on?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I might as well call this one now. Cheers for the great match @batatest

Avatar image for scottishwarlord
ScottishWarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ScottishWarlord

I vote @backflip: he brought up plenty of ways to win this battle and with one hour prep i dont think its possible fo anyone to create a dimensional shifter.