#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

Begin 15 feet apart on the ground level.

Sabretooth

VS

Kraven

Rules:

-Random encounter.

-Standard gear.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

-Classic era showings only.

#2 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth. Better fighting skills.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: I disagree. Sabretooth was more brutal in his methods, but Sergei actually displayed skill.

#4 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@venomoushatred1001: I disagree. Sabretooth was more brutal in his methods, but Sergei actually displayed skill.

I'm going by the Marvel Handbook rating (though they do have a tendency o not be correct).

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: If you're going by the handbook entries, then they're even since they're both at 6. Regardless, this is only taking into account their first set of showings and not their overall history.

#6 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven. Better fighter, better gear, and original Sabretooth didn't have a healing factor. Pretty sure Kraven was overall above him physically, too. Although I haven't read his earliest appearances in Iron Fist, just his Spectacular Spider-Man ones.

#7 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@venomoushatred1001: If you're going by the handbook entries, then they're even since they're both at 6. Regardless, this is only taking into account their first set of showings and not their overall history.

I still say Sabretooth. He's just more feral and brutal with his methods. I can see him gutting Kraven like a fish.

#8 Posted by red_rover (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth would make a lovely throw rug.

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Spectacular Spider-Man's showings of classic Creed were, imho, below his performance in Iron Fist #14 by a large margin. In that issue he gave Danny a good fight, then he loses to Black Cat in h2h in SSM? I can't accept that as a representation of his classic showings.

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

/ERIK SIGNAL

Could you make scans of Sabretooth in IF #14?

#11 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@BringnIt: Spectacular Spider-Man's showings of classic Creed were, imho, below his performance in Iron Fist #14 by a large margin. In that issue he gave Danny a good fight, then he loses to Black Cat in h2h in SSM? I can't accept that as a representation of his classic showings.

Yeah, him losing to Black Cat was PIS.

#12 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n:  
On it. 
#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik:

For Sabretooth, I'm going to consider his classic showings as Iron Fist #14, then Power Man & Iron Fist 78, 84.

#14 Edited by Chibcha1810 (356 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Sabretooth from X-men, or the one from Iron Fist?

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibcha1810: Iron Fist. X-Men was a few years after that.

#16 Edited by Chibcha1810 (356 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: I still don't know completely.

I'm gonna say Sabes for now.
#17 Posted by PikminMania (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

#18 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n:  
Lol never mind.... again. These new punks are just too fast for an old fart like me. 
#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Thanks, but do you perhaps have the scans of the fight before that part? I could have sworn they faced off in the building before going into the blizzard.

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: LOL. There's still a lot of scans missing.

#21 Posted by PikminMania (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I have this:

@Erik: lol!

#22 Posted by jashro44 (25342 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic sabretooth was able to be koed with punches right? I may give this to kraven after a brutal fight, his gear and speed I think will be a major factor.

#23 Posted by PikminMania (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: @Erik: @Chibcha1810: Kraven wins easy. In Kraven's first comic he defeats Spider-man, in Sabretooth's.. well, look at the scans.

#24 Posted by PikminMania (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Kraven should win easily considering that Kraven defeated Spider-man in his first appearence. Just thought I'd clear that up

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Sabretooth admitted he was toying with Danny due to the blizzard blinding him. While Kraven has great durability against blunt force, he's not dealing with that here. He's dealing with slashing damage. There's also the fact Kraven had a good deal of prep time in his first encounter.

#26 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically, Kraven did not win in his first appearance. He poisoned Parker and then left the battle, saying he could finish him at any time. I don't really consider this a victory.

Later the same issue, he used a net to trap Parker (which Parker escaped), and ended up losing the fight to a still-weakened Spider-Man. He also had some assistance in his machinations from the Chameleon.

He did do this, however:

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Kraven is my favorite Marvel character for a reason.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (25342 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Sabreooth didn't have a healing factor? Thats gonna be hard for kraven to overcome if he did.

#29 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Correct, in IF #14 he did not. I'd love to see his displays in Iron Fist and Power Man if anyone has them.

#30 Posted by Iridium (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Against my better judgement, I am going to give the nod to Kraven.

I think while Sabertooth may be the better over all fighter, his primary fighting style is exactly what Kraven is best at fighting against.

While I am not sure what the 'standard elimination rules' are ... assuming it is to a KO, I don't think Sabertooth's healing factor will help all that much because of Kraven's use of tranqulizers. Hmm ... or would Sabertooth's healing factor render him resistant to those. Hmmm .... based on not knowing for sure, I still vote Kraven.

#31 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth, definitely. Over time, he's become just as good a hunter, if not better, than Kraven himself, only he's manifested it in his work as an assassin. Sabretooth's punked the likes of Rogue, Gambit, Daredevil, even Iron Fist, as shown above, as well as having killed Wendigo by his lonesome. I'm sure he could take Kraven.

#32 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

Standard elimination rules = incapacitation, KO, bfr, or death. Again, we're only taking into account the earliest showings, so as far as our knowledge goes, we haven't seen Sabretooth take on the likes of Daredevil or Wendigo.

#33 Posted by Jake Fury (19189 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I get all technical and say that Sabes chronological first appearance is actually in the Avengers 1959 stuff? TROLOLOLOL

#34 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Standard elimination rules = incapacitation, KO, bfr, or death. Again, we're only taking into account the earliest showings, so as far as our knowledge goes, we haven't seen Sabretooth take on the likes of Daredevil or Wendigo.

Wendigo you're right about, but DD?

#35 Edited by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

Booooo. And the same would apply for Kraven.

#36 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

I guess you are going to have to start specifying how far into their early careers you want us to go.

#37 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

;)

#38 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I stated in another thread first handful (3-4 maximum).

#39 Posted by Jake Fury (19189 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Katz. :P

#40 Edited by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

Prog, I'm well aware when the DD VS Sabre fight took place (Mutant Massacre). However, his Iron Fist, Spectacular Spider-Man (which if you want to include, makes this debate extremely one-sided), and Power Man & Iron Fist appearances come before that. That's well over 3-4 appearances.

#41 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I thought I stated in another thread first handful (3-4 maximum).

You are 3-4 maximum!

#42 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Precog, I'm well aware when the DD VS Sabre fight took place (Mutant Massacre). However, his Iron Fist, Spectacular Spider-Man (which if you want to include, makes this debate extremely one-sided), and Power Man & Iron Fist appearances come before that. That's well over 3-4 appearances.

Ahhh, okay, I didn't see the 3-4 limit. Lol, Precog? That's a new one.

#43 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

Maybe you should put it in the OP foo!

#44 Posted by k4tzm4n (34907 posts) - - Show Bio

I edited the name. For some reason I always see "Precog" when I glance past. lol

#45 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight. Going with kraven

#46 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving the nod to Sabertooth.

#47 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven but it wont be easy.

#48 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Kraven :2 tons strength, 60mph speed, reflexes superior to oympic athlete, repertoire of exotic fighting techniques.

Classic Sabretooth : 900lb strength, superhuman agility, reflexes at least 3 times human, fierce savage fighter.

I gotta go Kraven. All he has to do is get his hands on Sabretooth and he can literally rip him apart. With his 60mph sprint speed he should be able to get a hand on him