Azula

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Not sure who would win, though Storm is most likely going to find her 1st. I am not sure how Azula's martial skills would measure up in the MU but she handled other benders with martial skills in her world handily, including Zuko in most showings, and Aang struggled with her most of the time, so I think she would be tough. However, she could not defeat Iroh, so her skills are good but not the best, and can be outsmarted. I don't think she needs to be the best fighter here per say but Storm is a formidable h2h with years of experience, has fought opponents who are faster and stronger (unless there is some proof that the benders are faster than MU's peak and enhanced humans) with better reflexes  than Azula, and with training and experience in h2h, and consistently beat them. I am not sure what fighting styles Storm has been trained in but I am sure it most likely includes martial arts. 
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

From what I've seen, Azula.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Sissel

As on H2H, Azula. But, Storm can outwit here.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Gotta say Azula

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Roddy010

Bump...

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Stronger

Azula rapes

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungJustice

Azula, her speed and agility should give her a slight edge.

She also has fought Zuko in H2H combat, and easily won, but this was a young Zuko.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a close battle I'd love to see. Both can take out the other but I'll give the edge to Storm since she has beaten/tangled with people above her in stats and skills and overall she has more experience, plus Storm knows how to sneak and stay quite so she'd find Azula first most scenarios. If Storm's knife is allowed as standard gear then it gives her an advantage, and Azula might have a shuriken but Storm's dealt with worse.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

Azula. Shes much more skilled.

Avatar image for deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b
deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula stomps in h2h

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How exactly does Azula stomp? I heard Ororo has been trained by Black Panther in H2H combat, I'm kind of curious how Azula takes it so easily.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula. Shes much more skilled.

I don't know, Storm has been trained by the best and has taken on those who are above her in stats like Callisto and contended with those who out-skill her like the Dora Milaje (BP's personal guards). Azula is very impressive but I haven't seen anything that easily puts her above Storm in h2h.

@speedyamell said:

Azula stomps in h2h

What makes you say that?

How exactly does Azula stomp? I heard Ororo has been trained by Black Panther in H2H combat, I'm kind of curious how Azula takes it so easily.

I'm wondering the same.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By katrurius17

@shepardoakenprime:

I guessed he means the comic version of Azula, which is where she clowned Ty Lee and Suki together under pretty unfavourable circumstances.

And the most fights i saw from Storm weren't that impressive in H2H, but stomp could be maybe a bit too exaggerated. I'm still sure that Azula would win pretty comfortably though.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@shepardoakenprime: Azula proved a more skilled martial artist than Ty Lee and Suki combined. She blitzed Mai in mid-air and she has a shuriken here.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeathHero61

@shepardoakenprime: Azula proved a more skilled martial artist than Ty Lee and Suki combined. She blitzed Mai in mid-air and she has a shuriken here.

Uh she had bending as well in that fight overall. Azula would not survive an extended skirmish with them...its impressive for her to hold them off the way she did, but at the end of the day those two together would be Azula without bending.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@deathhero61: Yes either of them would beat her without bending but that's not the point. She proved more skilled.

Besides, I didn't say she stomp this.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17 said:

@shepardoakenprime:

I guessed he means the comic version of Azula, which is where she clowned Ty Lee and Suki together under pretty unfavourable circumstances.

And the most fights i saw from Storm weren't that impressive in H2H, but stomp could be maybe a bit too exaggerated. I'm still sure that Azula would win pretty comfortably though.

I think I know what you're talking about, but I saw someone say that she didn't really defeat them, just got those nice hits in. Can you post the scans if you have em? Still it's a great feat for Azula but that feat alone I don't think would guarantee a win here.

The most impressive h2h fight I believe she fought in was against the Dora Milaje, BP's personal guards who are trained by BP himself. They fought Black Widow (one of the top h2h fighters in the marvel universe) and were sent to kill Storm. She had already been hit in the face with a gun (twice) and tumbled through she managed to fight well against them, also it was a personal fight and they wanted her dead themselves. (2nd and 3rd scans are switched)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anthp2000  Moderator

@shepardoakenprime: It's not that feat alone. Here it is BTW:

No Caption Provided

Firstly, I don't see Storm replicating this. But there's also these stuff:

How fast is Storm btw?

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By katrurius17

@shepardoakenprime: Well Azula didn't even tried to beat them, and it's actually pretty hard to tell how a longer fight without bending would have looked like(with Azula being serious and bending would both have ended as burgers though, and she showed at the very least that she should be able to beat either 1on1 without bending). But especially Suki had almost zero buisness against her, here are two other encounters from that comic(also important, Azula wasn't rly serious especially not against Zuko most of the time in Smoke and Shadow for particular reasons):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The second fight involved obviously a bit bending, but it's close to h2h and Azula ended it with a kick XD

Btw. that's by far the most impressive h2h fight i've seen from Storm, but i still don't think it's enough to beat Azula.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000 said:

Can you post the scans? It's still impressive but those feats alone don't just equate to being above everything Storms has done. Blitzing someone in mid-air isn't that impressive since they can't defend themselves, but I'd like to see it still if you're willing. Unless I never saw it I thought Azula has either zero or maybe 1 feat using a shuriken but if I'm mistaken please correct me, even though I'm not sure Azula having one is standard gear I just said she might to make it more fair. Storm always carries a knife with her and she has actually won knife battles twice and another time she used it against a mutate twice her mass. The fight against Callisto is very impressive because she is someone who has sparred against a serious Wolverine and has enhanced strength, agility and reaction time yet Storm beat her. I can post scans if you'd like.

Storm has some impressive feats of speed as well.

Manages to punch a soldier pointing a gun at her face before he could react and fire.
Manages to punch a soldier pointing a gun at her face before he could react and fire.
Grabs a hold of a gun and takes out two guards again before they could fire but with a broken ankle.
Grabs a hold of a gun and takes out two guards again before they could fire but with a broken ankle.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And manages to trip up Wolverine using her speed and greater extension as Bishop states. This showing is perfect for this battle since it shows she knows how to make up for stats she might not have compared to Azula. I don't think she'd blitz her by any means but she's got some feats showing off her stats as well.

Edit: Oh this was perfect for your newest response lol.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By katrurius17

@shepardoakenprime:

Can you post the scans? It's still impressive but those feats alone don't just equate to being above everything Storms has done. Blitzing someone in mid-air isn't that impressive since they can't defend themselves, but I'd like to see it still if you're willing. Unless I never saw it I thought Azula has either zero or maybe 1 feat using a shuriken but if I'm mistaken please correct me, even though I'm not sure Azula having one is standard gear I just said she might to make it more fair

I actually already posted the Mai feat, and you missunderstood him Azula was the one in mid-air.

Azula had the shuriken in day of the black sun(as she had no bending), she never used it but should have had training from Mai. And i also posted the end of the fireblade fight with Zuko(which needs relative comparable skills), here is the short rest(keep in mind that Azula even held back, i could also post the reason why if you want?):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The kick from my post before is direct after this.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: It's not that feat alone. Here it is BTW:

No Caption Provided

Firstly, I don't see Storm replicating this. But there's also these stuff:

Hmm I don't think it would be a stretch to say she could pull it off, but when Azula fought against Zuko I agree she couldn't (or would at least use a different tactic). If anything though her fight against Suki and Ty Lee shows off her speed more than her skill, especially considering all she did was slap and kick them. Like DeathHero said I'd think in a prolonged battle she wouldn't likely come out the winner. To say she out-skilled them both by a few hits is reaching just a bit, especially if I did the same and said Storm out-skilled the Dora Milaje with the hits she put in. People would laugh if I said that and it's not that different than what you're basing Azula's skill on in that one scan, and I'd think Storm's fight is more impressive. It is still impressive none the less, but my view on it really just proves that Azula can actually have a good chance in this battle, and not that it proves she's more skilled than those two and Storm.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator

@shepardoakenprime: I think this scan is a combo of skill and speed. Either way, it's a CQC showing I don't see Storm pulling off.

Agree to disagree I guess. I'm not an expert on Storm.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17 said:

@shepardoakenprime: Well Azula didn't even tried to beat them, and it's actually pretty hard to tell how a longer fight without bending would have looked like(with Azula being serious and bending would both have ended as burgers though, and she showed at the very least that she should be able to beat either 1on1). But especially Suki had almostzero buisness against her, here are two other encounters from that comic(also important, Azula wasn't rly serious especially not against Zuko most of the time in Smoke and Shadow for particular reasons):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The second fight involved obviously a bit bending, but it's close to h2h and Azula ended it with a kick XD

Btw. that's by far the most impressive h2h fight i've seen from Storm, but i still don't think it's enough to beat Azula.

Nice scans I haven't seen those in a while so I'm glad you brought them up. The first one proves that Storm shouldn't throw her knife at her (though I doubt she would being her only weapon) and a nice showing of her using her force against Mai. She definitely knows when to strike which I think would be the deciding factor of her winning some scenarios.

I agree that fight alone doesn't prove it, but it's one of her fights that shows she can hang with people who are above her skill and stats. I'm gonna make a post showing her stats and some h2h fights that people might not have seen or know.

@shepardoakenprime:

Can you post the scans? It's still impressive but those feats alone don't just equate to being above everything Storms has done. Blitzing someone in mid-air isn't that impressive since they can't defend themselves, but I'd like to see it still if you're willing. Unless I never saw it I thought Azula has either zero or maybe 1 feat using a shuriken but if I'm mistaken please correct me, even though I'm not sure Azula having one is standard gear I just said she might to make it more fair

I actually already posted the Mai feat, and you missunderstood him Azula was the one in mid-air.

Azula had the shuriken in day of the black sun(as she had no bending), she never used it but should have had training from Mai. And i also posted the end of the fireblade fight with Zuko(which needs relative comparable skills), here is the short rest(keep in mind that Azula even held back, i could also post the reason why if you want?):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The kick from my post before is direct after this.

I see that now thanks for clarifying, much more impressive than I thought.

Yes but that's the only time she had a shuriken and it could be she only had it during that time because she didn't have her bending. It's possible she got training from her but it's speculation and we can't assume she'd be as good as Mai.

Azula has proven to definitely be more skilled than Zuko at h2h and is on the list as one of the top fighters in their universe which is why I think this battle is very close. Just in the end Storm's track record, fighting and tactician experience might give her the edge IMO.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000 said:

@shepardoakenprime: I think this scan is a combo of skill and speed. Either way, it's a CQC showing I don't see Storm pulling off.

Agree to disagree I guess. I'm not an expert on Storm.

It definitely adds to her skill, but the showing by itself just doesn't prove (at least to me) that she is more skilled than Storm. Like katurius17 wasn't convinced the one showing against the Dora Milaje was enough to prove Storm wins against Azula and I didn't mean for it to. I've only gotten started I got plenty of showings still to post to explain why I think Storm has the edge but I'm fine agreeing to disagree.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By katrurius17

@shepardoakenprime: Well i hope you bring more h2h scans of Storm, i'm actually very interessted :D

I can also look if i can find some gifs(always a bit tough to find good ones for Avatar), and i'm not sure if she had good h2h or physical feats in the search(i think there was something).

Oh and should i post the reason why she held back?

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay here are some showings of Storm fighting with a knife. First is Callisto:

No Caption Provided
Notice she takes some swipes from Callisto and continues fighting.
Notice she takes some swipes from Callisto and continues fighting.

Fights mutate twice her mass that is admittedly fodder but she showed some good strength and skills with her knife:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Last fight is against Marrow, someone who has enhanced strength, durability, reflexes and healing. She was trained by Callisto and has years of combat fighting experience. This is basically another showing of Storm beating someone who is superior to her and in the end beats her by ripping out her heart. It's also similar to Azula's fights against Zuko with fire-knives.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Some scans showing her strength and agility.

No Caption Provided
Most people forget she is quite agile but she can in fact do flips into the air. Wouldn't say she's above Azula in agility but she isn't far behind.
Most people forget she is quite agile but she can in fact do flips into the air. Wouldn't say she's above Azula in agility but she isn't far behind.

Now for some actual h2h feats:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Manages to take out demons surrounding her using a weapon and h2h.
Manages to take out demons surrounding her using a weapon and h2h.
No Caption Provided
Get's some hits in on a holding back Black Panther.
Get's some hits in on a holding back Black Panther.

I could go more into her stats and show more h2h fights but I think that's good.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17 said:

@shepardoakenprime: Well i hope you bring more h2h scans of Storm, i'm actually very interessted :D

I can also look if i can find some gifs(always a bit tough to find good ones for Avatar), and i'm not sure if she had good h2h or physical feats in the search(i think there was something).

Oh and should i post the reason why she held back?

Finally posted some scans.

Yeah most of her h2h/physcials showings are in the comics, the only considerable ones in the show are when she fought Zuko and Suki I think.

Sure I'm interested, I really should read the comics one day :P

DEMOHARDT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: Especially after what you've brought to the field, it's definitely not a stomp and I know now a hell of a lot more about Storm.

Feel like Azula should still take this, but not a stomp by any means necessary.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By katrurius17

@shepardoakenprime said:

@katrurius17 said:

Finally posted some scans.

Yeah most of her h2h/physcials showings are in the comics, the only considerable ones in the show are when she fought Zuko and Suki I think.

Sure I'm interested, I really should read the comics one day :P

Very nice :D

Well her fighting style is very physically(relative typical for firebenders actually), so there should be enough related feats. Also a lot of agility and acrobatic feats.

Ok but i put it into a spoiler then:

No Caption Provided

Right after the end of the blade duel.

Not the only situation in this comic, where she reminded me very much on some versions of the Joker XD. There is more explanation after that, but that should be enough to know that she never actually tried to kill(or drastically hurt) him there. Which was pretty surprising considering that she seemed more serious against him, than against the whole rest of them.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demohardt: Thanks I appreciate that. Agreed Azula can take this.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17: Oh yeah she has more physical feats in the show you're right. And I think Azula has better agility and possibly speed but I'm not convinced she has the skill to take majority.

Ooh okay that's cool and makes sense now. I liked the sane Azula better, much more threatening and interesting.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17: Oh yeah she has more physical feats in the show you're right. And I think Azula has better agility and possibly speed but I'm not convinced she has the skill to take majority.

Ooh okay that's cool and makes sense now. I liked the sane Azula better, much more threatening and interesting.

I'm still convinced, but ok :D.

Well she is mostly like sane Azula(has followers like the Dai Li, makes political plans, is overwhelmingly strong and so on), just with a bit Joker mixed in XD. Here is a good example how she even uses her seemingly insanity to threaten someone(you know him actually):

No Caption Provided

Oh and she had something to fight(or at least pierce) in the southern raiders too:

No Caption Provided

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17: Yeah she's still threatening but I don't know I guess being too insane just isn't interesting to me.

Nice catch I never would have thought of that, I'm fine with her having a shuriken or something as a weapon, this is a good battle.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17: Yeah she's still threatening but I don't know I guess being too insane just isn't interesting to me.

Nice catch I never would have thought of that, I'm fine with her having a shuriken or something as a weapon, this is a good battle.

Well i think the continuation of her story is actually to become sane(not even just like before, but completely), so you could be lucky in the future :D

I searched for gifs and found that picture, i was also surprised(i always thought she held herself with her bare hand in that scene)

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17: That would be cool, the episodes showing she is actually just a regular teenager where awesome I'd love to see more of that.

Oh you know what, I think that's her crown/hairpiece.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By katrurius17

@shepardoakenprime: You mean the beach, right? I think something like that could be possible, for the future :D

Could be, but the color is wrong(it's not red) and it seems way too long unless she has it specifically as hidden weapon(would actually fit XD).

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17:

Hopefully.

Pictures a little earlier in the episode show it's the same color, and I think the part in the cliff is the top (and of course nothing is holding her hair up anymore).

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By katrurius17

@shepardoakenprime: Are you sure, i remember it being red?

It seems still too much like a weapon, but well like mentioned such a thing would fit her XD.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Storm Calling

@shepardoakenprime: Very nice set of scans and points brought up. I enjoyed reading both your stance and @katrurius17's in reference to Azula.

I would add that Storm took on Hand Ninja Assassins without powers with Wolverine in a flashback scene in Wolverine & the X-Men Vol.2 #11. It is one her most impressive showings.

So not only has Storm dealt with skilled martial artist without her powers, but she's also dealt with them in large numbers using shurikens, swords and daggers...

No Caption Provided

There's also her fight with Nightshade, who had extensive martial arts and acrobatics training and was able to impress Colleen Wing.

And Nighteyes, who was able to hold her own in a fight with Lady Bullseye.
No Caption Provided

and Khan, who was able to swiftly defeat Viper in a fight.

I would highly recommend checking out @thunderbolt30's Season Combat Veteran thread that involve a large amount of Storm's h2h and combat skill feats.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way but I lean more towards Storm. Close fight though

This would be even more fun with powers. Make Storm use just wind, water or Lightning (fire).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lordoffate: How would it be more fun with powers? Storm's powers, even just limiting to the ones you listed are vastly out Azula's league. You would have to severely limit just her output at that point.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LordOfFate

@god_spawn said:

@lordoffate: How would it be more fun with powers? Storm's powers, even just limiting to the ones you listed are vastly out Azula's league.

True....but a Azula has proven she can hold her own against other benders with her fire powers.

I'm not saying Azula gonna win but I can see her making Storm (if she can only use wind or water or lightning) work a little for the win.

Hell a lightning vs lightning fight would be off the chain....well as long as Storm doesn't pull it from the Sky

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordoffate: Storm snuffed out the Human Torch's flame using wind so I doubt Azula's attacks are gonna last very long.

Even Storm's hand lightning would be too much, plus she is immune to it now anyway. Maybe the cartoon version of Storm would be more fair.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordoffate: Storm snuffed out the Human Torch's flame using wind so I doubt Azula's attacks are gonna last very long.

Even Storm's hand lightning would be too much, plus she is immune to it now anyway. Maybe the cartoon version of Storm would be more fair.

Her immunity to lightning is depended on the writer.

While I think she should be fully immune to electrical attacks, War Machine somehow shocked her with a taser....(rolleyes)