Azula vs P'Li

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowPro

ok, now that the combustion bender with the same voice actress than azula is out and ahs a few feats, is time for her agni kai with azula

Azula

No Caption Provided

P'Li

No Caption Provided

azula from the comics, fight in an agni kai arena

in character, vic by any mean

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Azula.

Jmarshmallow

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula via lightning.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P'li is how it's spelled.

Stalemate, Azula won't have time to get lightning ready while P'li looks at her.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula via lightning.

please, she would get blown up before she can generate it

LordMasterGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever is quicker to the draw wins. I think p'li get can off her attack first as she only has to glance at azula, whereas azula has to make a gesture.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmastergod:

It really won't matter that much. Azula always starts with normal flames and once she sees combustion bending she won't attempt to get lightning down until she gets the time. All in all it comes down to stamina since I know Azula won't get taken down by her but p'li won't go down easy either.

Anyway it'll be better if they teamed up

#Azu'li

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Azula

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula from the comics is currently insane, you know that right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azula nvm if what justsomerandomkid said shes insane, she will prolly lose 9/10

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Azula, and just to mention I always thought she was one of the prettiest girls in Avatar...before she went cray.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@killerwasp: Esksa..........nah. The only Legend of Korra character that's pretty is Asami imo. Did you like Ty Li?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Tough to say...given the non-existent cover and close starting distance I think Azula is naturally at a disadvantage, but she is also much more likely to make the best of what she has through her cunning and skill. Azula isn't going to go down right off the bat, she has very formidable agility and she has shown the ability to create flame walls to protect her from powerful attacks.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dredeuced

Azula doesn't have much of a chance. Combustion bending is a much more powerful, much more accurate, and much quicker to execute form of bending. Regardless of all of that P'li also seems to be a very good firebender in the abstract without the third eye.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: honestly i didnt look at them like so, and thanks to a few people they actually ruined Avatar and korra cause of it. ( showing that off and stuff ). I had favorite characters, but looked at them like that.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no idea look how easy Pe Li put down a dragon. I saw a draw since azula is so versatile and can use her surroundings to help.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula from the comics is currently insane, you know that right?

yeah but she has more firepower (did you see the lightning ball she made?) and is a bit more sane than at the end of season 3

Azula, and just to mention I always thought she was one of the prettiest girls in Avatar...before she went cray.

you crazy? crazyness makes her hotter

Azula doesn't have much of a chance. Combustion bending is a much more powerful, much more accurate, and much quicker to execute form of bending. Regardless of all of that P'li also seems to be a very good firebender in the abstract without the third eye.

not to mention she can change the path of her blasts, make them turn instead of just going in straight line

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShadowPro

that's it? no more arguments?

I want to... to...

No Caption Provided

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if we are to take Zuko literally P'li wins.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if we are to take Zuko literally P'li wins.

who said anything about zuko?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jacthripper

Azula

she comes from a time when people know how to bend the elements properly

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

P'li she comes from a time where benders actually used good choreography

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowpro: thats because of the comet, it wasn't because of her being insane. Did you notice when she was insane thats she got tired faster, didnt think clearly, barely held her own against zuko? Her being insane doesnt = those things listed up above as improved.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula actually fights better in a clear state of mind

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

P'li she comes from a time where benders actually used good choreography

??? Watching the new benders is like watching a kickboxing class, the old ones used more entertaining combat styles.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KidPhillip

@jacthripper:

You obviously watched Korra expecting it to top TLA's standards and didn't watch it with a open mind.

It's alright tho all sequels suffer from this

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidphillip: Is it wrong to expect a decent sequel instead of this soap opera?

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

Your not really stating any reasons why you have such issues with the Show.

Season 1 of Korra is the same quality has TLA's book 1.

Season 2 of korra is the weakest season of all of them.

Season 3 of Korra is really up to TLA's Book 2 standards

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how just because LoK isn't as good as Last Airbender that all the characters have to be worse. The characters in this book are meant to be better than those of the last book. Pe Li stomps Azula, she is a freaking powerhouse did you see how she was able to take out Zuko and his dragon so quick? For further reference though Ghazan is probably best of all of them.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidphillip: Is it wrong to expect a decent sequel instead of this soap opera?

just because the show isn't as good the characters dont suck. Korra would beat Aang I can prove it.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32:

The main issue with the ratings is how nick advertises Korra. They Marketed Book 1 well and the ratings show it.

Barely any Marketing for Books 2 and 3 and the ratings flopped.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32:

The main issue with the ratings is how nick advertises Korra. They Marketed Book 1 well and the ratings show it.

Barely any Marketing for Books 2 and 3 and the ratings flopped.

I think people dont like book two's connection with the rest of the series. Its just one of those seasons where they bring up a whole new topic to get something to write about. Book 3 is more likeable because there is a bit more connection to the avaatar world viewers know.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
deactivated-57d57a3174063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm tough call. Azula is a lot more agile than P'li from the feats in the series. P'li has a bending style that uses raw power while only requiring to focus on her breathing. If Azula can exploit the weakness of the third eye, she takes this. However, P'li has shown that she can bend her combustion waves to any direction she wants. This could be a draw really.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

P'Li stomps. Not even Su and Lin together could bring down P'Li and they're both earth bending masters

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Arcus1

@gxrevolution96: Su killed P'li...

Also, it's Ming Hua that has the same voice actress as Azula, not P'li

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rijehu

Azula wins. P'Li is overrated in my opinion and her CB isn't all people make it out to be, in fact it is quite inconsistent. One minute she can destroy Lin's earth wall, but several other times she couldn't even dent a thin metal board and only took small chunks out of the earth she blasted. Also, Tenzin has tanked a blast from her and kept on fighting. P'Li isn't that powerful to me, her blast is just unpredictable which makes it dangerous if one has a lack of preparation.

Also, in the fight with Lin and Suyin, yeah she gave them problems and they had to work together to take her down BUT, she also couldn't land a single blast on them because of their maneuvering. She only blasted Lin because Lin had to draw her fire and even then she only hit Lin's shield. If Lin (who has not shown the agility or dexterity of Azula) can dodge her blast then Azula (who can zip around on fire and has Olympic reflexes) can definitely out maneuver her. P'Li also has a charge time between blasts which is usually about 2 seconds. She can't spam CB's but Azula can literally spam fire blasts at P'Li until she closes in on her in which case she can easily take her out since 1, P'Li has shown NO melee range combat feats and 2, she isn't going to let off a blast when Azula is 2 feet in front of her.

Azula's lighting also plays a role in her win since it doesn't have a long charge time as P'Li's CB does and it does a lot more damage at basic levels than P'Li's blast did, let alone at comet amped levels. Azula instantly generated a lighting bolt that blasted through the MASSIVE earth wall Toph raised in season 2. Im willing to bet that P'Li's body isn't as durable as that wall was. Not to mention that Azula is more ruthless than P'Li and once again, while P'L's blast has been tanked, survived, and even shrugged off, Azula literally killed Aang (temporarily, but still) with one shot. She has multiple ways of taking out P'Li, (including a well aimed concussive blast to her 3rd eye) and you can bet she will find at least one before P'Li can land a successful hit which once again, isn't even guaranteed to put Azula down.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh it would be a fair fight normally...but current crazy Azula is at a disadvantage despite being crafty. I say P'Li 8/10 if Azula is current comic crazy. I mean who knows when she might start having visions of Ursa asking for hugs.

Book 3 Azula was almost untouchable until the after the Eclipse arc, and i mean that literally since i dont think she was touched. An P'Li has a tendency to stand still so from what we've seen Azula's got conditioning....I just don't see her hitting Azula, and Azula may not even have to fight back until P'Li is tired. And even if not Azula has gotten up close with people easily so its not a far reach for her to get up close and attack before the forehead nuke goes off. Sane Azula 7/10

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe how many avatar characters there are.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: P'li fires off he blasts instantly, Azula's lightning takes longer to charge

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula's head gets vaporized the moment P'li inhales. The only way people have survived her blasts is either airbending or using multiple earth shields.

I also doubt Azula's ability to dodge the blasts, since P'li can curve them.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Azula.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@etheral_dreams: Zuko pre-dragons could block CM's blasts with fire bending. Althouh, it could push him back.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Azula.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: As I stated earlier, P'Li's blasts have been dodged multiple times and even tanked a few times by people who are far less agile that Azula. She also needs a charge time between blasts so she isn't going to constantly shoot at Azula while Azula can continuously blast her with fire. Also, most people refer to the "charge" Azula's lightening takes in the Agni Kai with Zuko. It only took significantly longer to charge in that Agni Kai because there was far more power behind it which she needed to focus to direct. She is not comet amped here and she can instantly shoot lighting when necessary as shown in the clip with Toph I mentioned earlier. You can look it up on YouTube.

It should also be stated that Zuko (who is less powerful than Azula) tanked a blast from CM (who is more powerful in raw terms than P'Li). I have no doubt that if Zuko can tank CM's blast then Azula can certainly deal with P'Li's blast. We have seen Azula tank an attack from all 4 elements at once from the Aang Gang and wasn't affected. We have also seen her outmaneuver both Aang and Toph when she was powerless and I can bet that Aang's wind blasts travel just as fast as P'li's blast. Azula just has a greater set of skills and capabilities than P'Li does and she has been far more consistent in her threat to the gang alone whereas P'Li mostly uses group to cover her while she attacks from a distance. Azula is more than capable of closing in the gap between her and P'Li as I said before, P'li can't blast a person who is in melee range because that blast would hit her as well.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu:

They've only been tanked by people with some sort of protection, and even then most of the people weren't in fighting condition afterwards. The exception is Tenzin, but he used a combination of avoiding and blocking

When fighting Lin and Su P'li fired a second blast before the first had even landed, I'll try to post a video later

Those 4 attacks she blocked were fairly weak attacks

Avoiding Aang and Toph did show impressive agility, but she also had help from the Dai Li and knowing the layout very well

P'li was blasting the metalbenders at close range and did fine. She also has regular firebending if need be, and has shown excellent defensive firebending, blocking a dragon's blast like nothing

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rijehu

@arcus The fact that they can be tanked is still the point Im trying to make. Also, keep in mind that a blast hit directly next to Tenzin and he quickly recovered from that force. That is considerably weak compared to CM who's blast obliterated objects that were not even in the direct path and Zuko tanked a direct hit from that with his fire bending, even though he was knocked back. Azula can definitely do the same here.

Even so, she could not land a hit of either of them because they were out maneuvering her aim. She only hit Lin because Lin opened herself up to draw that attention. They were simply running and jumping out the way. Azula can glide on flames and perform far greater athletics that either Su or Lin can and has shown that many times. She would be significantly harder for P'Li to keep up with let alone blast. Even though she can curve the blast, she doesn't control it in the same manner that Ghazan controls his projectiles. She can either curve left, right, up, or down, all of which can become predictable and with Azula's sharp mind, she will catch on fairly quickly.

Even if they were weak, which we are just speculating here, the fact that she was capable of creating a fire force field capable of withstanding each element at the same time is still an impressive feat. Even if you had four weak attacks individually, they would still have been pretty potent when put together. Azula showed her ability to react quickly when cornered and her power to completely defend herself at all sides.

The Dai Li were running away from the battle along with Azula at that point IIRC, they were eno longer in combat. Also, Toph mapped the entire upper level of Ba Sing Se in her mind (via Seismic Sense) and projected onto beach sand. I'm pretty sure her seismic sense granted her full awareness of every crevice of those caverns since 1, she was the one who discovered it anyway and 2, she knew EXACTLY where to go and HOW to get there. Azula was just highly evasive.

Close range and Melee range are not the same thing. If Azula continuously blast as P'Li, she isn't going to have time to focus on where the blast are coming from and deflecting them at the same time. I also doubt if she would just recklessly shoot blasts everywhere in an attempt to luckily hit a target. And that one blast she shot wasn't hardly enough to make a difference against Azula but I do get why you mentioned it.

The Dragon feat was impressive, but keep in mind, Azula will not just sit there after an attack like the Dragon did. The precious seconds P'Li took to absorb the heat from that blast is time Azula will take to go in for the kill. As I said, Azula can literally zip around and fire endless blasts of highly potent and concussive flames and even if P'Li manages to deflect them, due to all the smoke and after burn it would leave, P'Li will not have enough time to clear the flames away, find Azula, and then prepare and land a shot before Azula either closes in and blasts her or hits her with lightening. If Azula gets in h2h combat range with P'Li, she isn't blasting as that would be suicide. And if it comes to a melee/fire battle, we have seen nothing that puts P'Li on combat terms with Zuko in that department, let alone Azula.

Also, if Azula lands any type of concussive force to P'Li's head, she is out for at least several seconds and that is more than enough time to fry her. P'Li has few chances of victory where Azula has several in terms of variety.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@arcus The fact that they can be tanked is still the point Im trying to make. Also, keep in mind that a blast hit directly next to Tenzin and he quickly recovered from that force. That is considerably weak compared to CM who's blast leveled object that were not even in the direct path and Zuko tanked a direct hit with his fire bending, even though he was knocked back. Azula can definitely do the same here.

Even so, she could not land a hit of either of them because they were out maneuvering her aim. They were simply running and jumping out the way. Azula can glide on flames and perform far greater athletics that either Su or Lin can and has shown that many times. She would be significantly harder for P'Li to keep up with let alone blast. Even though she can curve the blast, she doesn't control it in the same manner that Ghazan controls his projectiles. She can either curve left, right, up, or down, all of which can become predictable and with Azula's sharp mind, she will catch o fairly quickly.

Even if they were weak, which we are just speculating here, the fact that she was capable of creating a fire force field capable of withstanding each element at the same time is still an impressive feat. Even if you had four weak attacks individually, they would still have been pretty potent when put together. Azula showed her ability to react quickly when cornered and her power to completely defend herself at all sides.

The Dai Li were running away from the battle along with Azula at that point IIRC. Also, Toph mapped the entire upper level of Ba Sing Se in her mind (via Seismic Sense) and projected to on beach sand. I'm pretty sure her seismic sense granted her full awareness of every crevice of those caverns since 1, she was the one who discovered it anyway and 2, she knew EXACTLY where to go and HOW to get there. Azula was just highly evasive.

Close range and Melee range are not the same thing. If Azula continuously blast as P'Li, she isn't going to have time to focus on where the blast are coming from and deflecting them at the same time. I also doubt if she would just recklessly shoot blasts everywhere in an attempt to luckily hit a target. And that one blast she shot wasn't hardly enough to make difference against Azula but I do get why you mentioned it. The Dragon feat was impressive, but keep in mind, Azula will not just sit there after an attack like the Dragon did. The precious seconds P'Li took to absorb the heat from that blast is time Azula will take to go in for the kill. As I said, Azula can literally zip around and fire endless blasts of highly potent and concussive flames and even if P'Li manages to deflect them, due to all the smoke and after burn it would leave, P'Li will not have enough time to clear the flames away, find Azula, and then prepare and land a shot before Azula either closes in and blasts her or hits her with lightening. If Azula gets in h2h combat range with P'Li, she isn't blasting as that would be suicide. And if it comes to a melee/fire battle, we have seen nothing that puts P'Li on combat terms with Zuko in that department, let alone Azula.

Also, if Azula lands any type of concussive force to P'Li's head, she is out for at least several seconds and that is more than enough time to fry her. P'Li has few chances of victory where Azula has several.

Oh I agree that P'li wasn't as powerful as Combustion Man. Still, everyone who took a direct hit was injured and couldn't really fight, even if they were shielded. Tenzin avoided/blocked some blasts but when he got hit he was down.

The metalbenders' cables help them with maneuverability. Even so, P'li landed a shot on Lin relatively quickly

Azula's gliding ability is limited without Sozin's comet

We don't need to speculate, we can see the attacks that Azula blocked. They were far from their strongest attacks

The Dai Li helped Azula with evasion. Toph's seismic sense doesn't change the fact that Azula was familiar with the palace's layout, which would be helpful

Firebending doesn't produce smoke

If Azula could just zip around people so easily, why didn't she do that against Katara? Don't get me wrong I can see Azula winning too but I think you're overestimating her somewhat

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rijehu

@arcus: Tenzin tanked that blast PLUS had taken on and was taking on (and spanking) 3 of the 4 Lotus members...it took more than "just" the blast to get him down.

Doesn''t matter how quickly it was because Lin intended to be the target. When she didn't want to be the target, she was never hit.

Being familiar with a place has nothing to do with evading elemental attacks. Aang could clearly see the surroundings since they were initially in one huge room at that point and Toph could obviously sense everything so she would know the area just as well as Azula does if not better. They were running around in the same area and saw the same things which is why they could even chase her in the first place. Azula is just better at evasive maneuvering than they were at that point. The Dai Li only helped Azula break out of the earth hold that Toph put on her and they helped her escape the room. They were defeated by Aang and Toph except one, who then RAN with Azula (subdued by Toph later). The Dai Li had nothing to do with the fact that she dodged several of Aang's blasts and recovered from a strike from Toph in mid air. When I say "evading" I don't mean actually leaving the area, I mean the fact that, under her own power, she was literally dodging and evading the actual attacks Aang and Toph threw at her.

No, but the blasts from lighting and concussive force of fire blasts when they make contact with the earth does.

If you are talking about the Agni Kai, then there was no need for her to zip around Katara because she had FAR more raw fire power than Katara could keep up with in a bending battle due to the comet. I mean the girl was spamming extremely powerful bolts of lightening so much so that it was Katara who had to run. There was no need to be evasive there.

If you are talking about the catacombs in season 2, Azula had no intentions on zipping past Katara because 1) they were actually having blast to blast (or blast to splash) bending battle, not an evasive scenario and 2) Katara could just as easily surfed on water as Azula could glide on Fire so there was no point. You asked me the question as if Azula not gliding around Katara is any indication that she can't glide around P'Li. P'Li and Katara are two COMPLETELY different benders and the fact that Azula glided towards Aang and THEN shot a blast that not only broke through his armor, but also knocked him several yards across the room and put him out of the battle for a little while, is still a testament to her power and capability in battle.

I'm not overestimating her, she single handedly caused more problems to Avatar Aang and his group, than P'Li has with a group. Azula isn't invincible since in the catacombs Katara was getting the upper hand on her via water grips and she was even outsmarted in the Agni Kai, but in my opinion, P'Li was hyped because of the Combustion thing which has proved overrated and fatal twice already. Having all that power is great, but the penalty is being able to be put down in the most simple of ways, trajectory negation or a disruption of the explosion. The slightest force against P'Li's eye or the slight lack of focus and she is already a danger to herself.

Also, just look at how Azula used bending in battle. The girl could flip, tumble, glide, spam blasts and jump SEVERAL feet in the air effortlessly while still using formidable attacks and most of the time she didn't even appear to be bothered by the effort. Everything from Azula's mindset to her dexterous bending is what I feel puts her above P'Li. Other than that battle with Lin and Su, she hasn't shown anything that puts her on Azula's level of bending capabilities and especially not bending application.