Azula vs Mako& Iroh II

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is is sane Azula.

Iroh II is bloodlusted, and so is Mako. Current versions.

They start 30 meters apart, who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Iroh II and Mako.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Reasons? (I agree, but just trying to start the debate.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: As good as Azula is, I just think she might be overwhelmed here.

I think she's more skilled and powerful than each of them individually, but I think their numbers could secure the win.

I know "Quality over Quantity" is a popular schtick in the Battles forum, but I think this is a case where quantity just barely edges out quality.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arcus1

Iroh II doesn't have many feats, but the few he does have are pretty respectable. I mean, the guy flys and punches missiles. He might be just enough to help Mako get a win against Azula

Now that they seem to have decided to let Mako be good, we'll hopefully get some nice feats for him in Season 4

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see Mako and Iroh winning this, instant lightning is helpful. Unfortunately Iroh II's lack of feats makes me unsure

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

You were the last person to respond to this thread 24 days ago. lol

I agree though. Azula would probably beat Mako in a 1v1, but it'd be a good fight. Adding in Iroh II makes this a pretty solid win for the team.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cocacolaman  Moderator

Azula high diff. Benders aren't very well fit for 2v1 fights with non-fodders but Azula and these two are legit tiers apart, so even if she'll struggle, I don't think Azula will lose.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The duo wins. Kemurikage Azula is good, but she's not invincible. No way in hell is she beating two lightning shooters+redirectors on her own. Mako or Iroh Jr. will clap and shoot lightning at her that struggles to collide with her own lightning, then while she's stuck trying play lightning mercy with whoever shoots it, the one who's open will shoot another bolt of lightning at her. This will force Azula on the defensive of having to redirect it, then either one can shoot her with lightning while she's redirecting.

Mako and Iroh Jr. can both redirect what Azula shoots at them as well, and she's not beating two redirectors at the same time in lightning tennis.

Azula high diff. Benders aren't very well fit for 2v1 fights with non-fodders but Azula and these two are legit tiers apart, so even if she'll struggle, I don't think Azula will lose.

Azula's not beating them both at the same time. I don't even know if she can beat Iroh Jr. on her own, as he's already got better jet feats than hers and shoots lightning just as fast as she does and can also redirect it like she and Mako can. Azula will definitely lose to their combined effort.

All that it takes is one of them (let's say Mako) shooting lightning on the draw at the same time as her, then struggling with her over whose lightning dominates and pushes onto the opponent, then Iroh Jr. can take her with another bolt of lightning. If she tries to redirect Iroh Jr's lightning, then she gets taken out by the combination of her and Mako's lightning.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azula honestly

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

I say the duo. Either one of them solo should be able to give Azula a fight, both of them bloodlusted seems like too much to me.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Koays  Online
cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cocacolaman  Moderator

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By marvelfan1992
@raimundopedrosa said:

The duo wins. Kemurikage Azula is good, but she's not invincible. No way in hell is she beating two lightning shooters+redirectors on her own. Mako or Iroh Jr. will clap and shoot lightning at her that struggles to collide with her own lightning, then while she's stuck trying play lightning mercy with whoever shoots it, the one who's open will shoot another bolt of lightning at her. This will force Azula on the defensive of having to redirect it, then either one can shoot her with lightning while she's redirecting.

Mako and Iroh Jr. can both redirect what Azula shoots at them as well, and she's not beating two redirectors at the same time in lightning tennis.

@cocacolaman said:

Azula's not beating them both at the same time. I don't even know if she can beat Iroh Jr. on her own, as he's already got better jet feats than hers and shoots lightning just as fast as she does and can also redirect it like she and Mako can. Azula will definitely lose to their combined effort.

All that it takes is one of them (let's say Mako) shooting lightning on the draw at the same time as her, then struggling with her over whose lightning dominates and pushes onto the opponent, then Iroh Jr. can take her with another bolt of lightning. If she tries to redirect Iroh Jr's lightning, then she gets taken out by the combination of her and Mako's lightning.

@shroudofsorrow said:

I say the duo. Either one of them solo should be able to give Azula a fight, both of them bloodlusted seems like too much to me.

i don't see how nearly featless general iroh is taking on solo the firebender with arguably the most firebending feats and is one of the most agile characters in the series

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:

@cocacolaman said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

i don't see how nearly featless general iroh is taking on the firebender with arguably the most firebending feats and is one of the most agile characters in the series

Isn't he able to fly indefinitely with firejets, even more than Azula has shown? And so can Mako? And can't Iroh both shoot lightning instantly and redirect it? I don't see how he loses with someone like Mako on his team. But there's a good enough case for him to be able to solo kemurikage Azula, tho that comes down to who wins lightning tennis, since both are fast with it on the draw.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:
@raimundopedrosa said:

@cocacolaman said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

i don't see how nearly featless general iroh is taking on the firebender with arguably the most firebending feats and is one of the most agile characters in the series

Isn't he able to fly indefinitely with firejets, even more than Azula has shown? And so can Mako? And can't Iroh both shoot lightning instantly and redirect it? I don't see how he loses with someone like Mako on his team. But there's a good enough case for him to be able to solo kemurikage Azula, tho that comes down to who wins lightning tennis, since both are fast with it on the draw.

no i don't recall him being able to fly indefinitely. regardless, he doesn't have combat feats while flying, so it doesn't really do much for him and kinda makes him a target for azula since all he can do while flying is dodge and not counter attack. azula also has instant lightning and redirection so that won't really do much. i am just addressing the general iroh soloing or close to soloing azula. he kinda gets stomped

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nassergrant19  Online
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: i don't do any CaVs haha it's not my thing. too much effort for me. why watsup?

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nassergrant19  Online

@nassergrant19: i don't do any CaVs haha it's not my thing. too much effort for me. why watsup?

Sorta wanted to put BoZ Heron vs Azula in a CAV but yeah it’s cool if your not up for that type of stuff lol.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nassergrant19  Online
@marvelfan1992 said:

@nassergrant19: ohh i see.

maybe @geekryan wants to? i know he's an avatar fan and does CaVs

Lmaoo no. Dude hates me for some reason(Probably cuz I’m a Thor fan idk).

Thanks for the suggestion tho

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:
@marvelfan1992 said:
@raimundopedrosa said:

@cocacolaman said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

no i don't recall him being able to fly indefinitely. regardless, he doesn't have combat feats while flying, so it doesn't really do much for him and kinda makes him a target for azula since all he can do while flying is dodge and not counter attack. azula also has instant lightning and redirection so that won't really do much. i am just addressing the general iroh soloing or close to soloing azula. he kinda gets stomped

I could've sworn that Iroh Jr. shot a lightning bolt while flying. And I know that Azula can also shoot lightning instantly and redirect it, which is why I said that it really depends on who lasts longer during lightning tennis. I'm not saying tat Iroh Jr. for sure wins. I'm saying that, with his flight being better, he may be able to edge out a marginal victory. Or that he can be an even match for Azula alone.

But either man in the duo is a challenging match for Azula, but I know that Mako can't beat her alone. I just meant that Iroh might be able to take Azula individually. Or maybe he's an even match for her.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 said:
@raimundopedrosa said:
@marvelfan1992 said:
@raimundopedrosa said:

@cocacolaman said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

I could've sworn that Iroh Jr. shot a lightning bolt while flying. And I know that Azula can also shoot lightning instantly and redirect it, which is why I said that it really depends on who lasts longer during lightning tennis. I'm not saying tat Iroh Jr. for sure wins. I'm saying that, with his flight being better, he may be able to edge out a marginal victory. Or that he can be an even match for Azula alone.

But either man in the duo is a challenging match for Azula, but I know that Mako can't beat her alone. I just meant that Iroh might be able to take Azula individually. Or maybe he's an even match for her.

from the clips I looked at on YT, he shot lightning while riding in a fighter plane. that might be what you are thinking of. The thing is, azula's agility is top tier, and her fire bending is significantly superior via feats. with lightning cancelling each other out, her superior firebending and agility, I don't see how general iroh really poses that much of a threat. together? sure, you can make an argument that they win. solo? i don't see iroh putting up a good fight tbh

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@marvelfan1992: Lol no. He isn’t in my tier of debating at all. I like worthy opponents. I also have zero interest debating him.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:
@marvelfan1992 said:
@raimundopedrosa said:
@marvelfan1992 said:
@raimundopedrosa said:

@cocacolaman said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

from the clips I looked at on YT, he shot lightning while riding in a fighter plane. that might be what you are thinking of. The thing is, azula's agility is top tier, and her fire bending is significantly superior via feats. with lightning cancelling each other out, her superior firebending and agility, I don't see how general iroh really poses that much of a threat. together? sure, you can make an argument that they win. solo? i don't see iroh putting up a good fight tbh

Oh, okay, then I stand corrected. I'd say, then, that Iroh Jr. and Azula could go either way, but Azula in her prime (20s) would definitely win. But even Azula in her 20s would lose to the duo.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 viking1205  Online

Azula. Iroh - 2 could put up a fight, but he's not carrying it to win, at all.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning Azula in an extremely close bout. She’s superior to both of them in all categories but she needs to pull out her absolute best if she wants to win the 2v1 (which imo she is capable of).

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning Azula in an extremely close bout. She’s superior to both of them in all categories but she needs to pull out her absolute best if she wants to win the 2v1 (which imo she is capable of).

Just wondering, what makes you think so? While Azula has superior agility to both, Iroh Jr's jets make up for that gap. Both Mako and Iroh Jr. can shoot lightning instantly, and Iroh Jr. can most probably also redirect it like the other two can. There's just no way that Azula can handle redirecting one opponent's instant lightning, while the other hits her with a bolt of instant lightning.

Especially because, if both her opponents can also redirect lightning, then they're going to outlast her, either shooting her with lightning while she's in the middle of the process of redirection or just outlasting her in the lightning redirection game of tennis.

If she shoots lightning at the same time as one of them, and the two lightning bolts collide, then one of them has to let go and redirect the combination of both lightnings. Let's say that it's Iroh Jr's and Azula's lightning that collide. Iroh Jr. has to let go, then redirect their combined lightning. In that meantime, Mako shoots a bolt of lightning at Azula, and she then has to redirect his lightning. Right after she finishes, Iroh Jr. has finished redirecting his combined bolt with Azula's, and it comes to hit her.

If she even has the time and energy to react to that immediately after Mako shot lightning at her, then Mako need only shoot another bolt at her, which she won't be able to react to simultaneously with Iroh's redirected lightning charge of his own and Azula's lighting.

That, or if Azula starts the first redirection, then whichever opponent is open and just snipe her with lightning while she's redirecting. I just don't see how Azula can beat two opponents with abilities so similar to hers.

Discmaniac-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The duo wins. I would do anything to see Iroh II as a main character. From what we saw, I'd say he could give Azula a bit of shit alone.

Lamar24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Azula in the show doesn’t have instant lightning only mako and Iroh jr and Lightning bolt adopt instant lightning isn’t in ATLA era

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, Azula, with ease.