Azula vs Iroh

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This seems to have been the subject of some debate lately, so let's see what you all think. Who will win, Princess Azula or Uncle Iroh?

Fight takes place in the Agni Kai arena at noon. They start at opposite sides.

Both are in character. Victory by ko or death.

Will Azula's agility and underhanded tactics get her the win, or will Iroh's experience and wisdom claim victory?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino@saint_sophie@rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @106me @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender @hulkage @d3athstroke

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh, no debate, no reasoning. Iroh wins.

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Iroh won in the fight between them do i dare say Iroh wins? Most powerful firebender, yes he is more powerful then Ozai if he gets motivated.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By GXrevolution96

Azula takes this after a good fight. I think people overrate Iroh to be honest. Azula has better showings and is more tactical in battle. Her greatest advantage over Iroh is her mobility, which he is lacking and this could be costly.

The OP says Iroh is in character, so I am not sure if he would redirect the lightning directly back at her or in a another direction.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol See i don't even believe Azula can beat Iroh based on his hype alone.

But here's where we have a problem....Prove It.

Iroh without comet has very few feats that would say he can win a straight up fight with a sane Azula and her speed, agility, power and athleticism.

Hell he has very few feats that say he can win any fights.....maybe Mako, but everyone short sells him anyway.

I'm calling for Iroh to be banned from battles do to lack of evidence of his combat prowess.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh, unless he's messing around. I'm pretty sure Azula is actually a little scared of Iroh.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

lariend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Azula bumping into Iroh then not fighing him is the fight. Iroh is on pair with Ozai, Azula is not. iroh don't need mobility to the extent as Azula does, She bases her entire fighting style on mobility and raw power, Iroh is to smart and to skilled to be out maneuvered by her, he will stand his ground and send her back too school. Azula is powerful but Iroh is the within the top two most powerful firebender during his time.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lariend said:

@arcus: Azula bumping into Iroh then not fighing him is the fight. Iroh is on pair with Ozai, Azula is not. iroh don't need mobility to the extent as Azula does, She bases her entire fighting style on mobility and raw power, Iroh is to smart and to skilled to be out maneuvered by her, he will stand his ground and send her back too school. Azula is powerful but Iroh is the within the top two most powerful firebender during his time.

Iroh, no debate, no reasoning. Iroh wins.

Agreed. Azula looked good against other children. I have not seen her do anything that iroh can't counter. Usually, I base everything off of feats but IROH IS BEYOND NEEDING FEATS!!

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh handled Auzla in seoconds and almost drowned her..

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God dang, finally my text editor is back to normal.

Now then, theoretically Iroh should win.

But by feats, Azula would win.

L. D.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God dang, finally my text editor is back to normal.

Now then, theoretically Iroh should win.

But by feats, Azula would win.

L. D.

basically this. We know iroh is on ozai's league not azula's . She is a mere child (literal and metaphorical) to him. Buuuut he has no feats really so if you we are to go by feats azula would win. But we all know iroh is more skilled and more powerful without a doubt

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh's issue is shown feats. He doesn't have enough because he was kept in the dark.

But consider this. On two separate occasions Iroh went all out. Both times the screen panned away from him or it occurred off screen. Both times the men who witnessed his display were shocked with terror. Zhao, who up until now was brimming with self confidence and seemed quite sure he and his men could take on Aang and the rest after slaying the Moon Spirit, witnessed Iroh's power, was shocked by the display, and ran away as fast as he could.

Then later after Iroh trained and built his body back up he escaped prison. The prison guard on the scene was nearly catatonic because of how terrified he was by Iroh's escape.

Plenty of warriors and soldiers have seen Azula fight, but none of them had this kind of reaction. It's pretty clear that Iroh was meant to be among the strongest characters in the show. Arguing he isn't because of a lack of feats is effectively ignoring the in-universe information we've been given.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Your absolutely right. It how do you factor him into a fight when you don't know what he can do?

Sure you want to put him against Azula and it should be a stomp. But how does he win the fight? What's his style of offense? Preferred technique? Does he have any holes in his strategy?

These are just the problems in a fight with Azula, but he's so frequently used in battles where he's supposed to be a heavy hitter on a team and we really don't know anything about him

Frankly I could say.. "Iroh has a short attention span as evidenced by the time Azula shot him in the arm and she uses that to take him down" and since that's one of maybe 4 times he's in combat it counts. I mean what other battle does someone have all the techniques, speed, intelligence and power shown as a benefit and lose because someone else of vague reliability thought that their opponent was in the league of another powerful character. Azula vs Iroh could turn out like Zhao vs Jeong Jeong with her walking through his attacks.

Never mind if he's in a match up opposite Kuvira or Toph or someone else with a unique fighting style.

He's just not a factorable character and I don't think anyone should lose to him without an outcome we can even speculate on.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh, he wins this easily if he's serious or bloodlusted

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: lol, I've done Iroh vs Kuvira and Iroh vs Toph

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Iroh is beyond feats. There's your reason. xD

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh uses his disguise skills.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Koays

@arcus: Lol I do remember seeing Tophs one but that was a while ago, but if there was a consensus that he'd win against Kuvira then my point is proven.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is this a joke?

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator

That's a tough one. They are the two strongest firebenders by far. But it depends. How exactly is this agni kai arena? I'd certainly put their firebending skills equally, but Azula's agility can make her win. It's just a +1 in two zeroes. I can certainly give it to both of them though, but we haven't seen Iroh battling a lot, although when he did he stomped. I'd give this to Azula...Hell, even her fire is blue and by the end of the new comics (smoke and shadow) she also has they ability to redirect lightning. I can also remember Iroh being afraid to face her on his own in Season 2. It would be the best agni kai but it would end with Azula victorious. She's the strongest firebender and the Dragon of the West is slightly below as I see it. I can't believe that people here actually say that Azula doesn't stand a chance. She stands way more chances than he does.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Omega_kai

Iroh from what I remember on Avatar every time they fought it was always Iroh coming out on top.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

@omega_kai: Iroh never fought any bender as strong as Azula. Or any strong bender at all. He barely fought Fire Nation guards and Dail Li. Azula could also destroy them with eyes closed.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Omega_kai

@anthp2000: Are you sure? Because I remember him fighting Azula once or twice and beating her quite easily.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@omega_kai: All he did was bumping on her with his belly and taking her by total surprise thrown her in he water. He never fought her. Two surprise hits with just body power. How is this a fight exactly?

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I'm not talking about that one , there was another fight between them when they were on a ship.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@omega_kai: That's what I'm saying. He took her by surprise and threw her in the sea after she redirected her lightning in her own ship. He wanted to protect Zuko cause she would kill him. The episode is called "The Avatar State", the first episode of Book 2. That wasn't a fight. We're talking about an Agni Kai here.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Omega_kai

@anthp2000: Guess I was wrong about that than, but I still think Iroh would win in my opinion.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator

@omega_kai: Well, there are many possibilities. I can easily assume they would be evenly matched but I do believe Azula has more chances. It would be the best Agni Kai ever though!

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GXrevolution

Azula, easily. Iroh has hype but he is severely lacking in feats. He has never faced any established benders and has only taken down fodder. Azula is also seriously agile and has better tactical ability.

Saiyan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh should win this fight

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By Amendment50

Iroh should win easily.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula, easily. Iroh has hype but he is severely lacking in feats. He has never faced any established benders and has only taken down fodder. Azula is also seriously agile and has better tactical ability.

Just because he lacks feats doesn't mean he loses, when one of his feats is getting the better of Azula, and by in universe logic he's at least as good as her, if not better

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GXrevolution

@arcus1 said:
@gxrevolution said:

Just because he lacks feats doesn't mean he loses, when one of his feats is getting the better of Azula, and by in universe logic he's at least as good as her, if not better

He caught her completely off gaurd on that occasion. Assuming that their fire bending is at least equal, Azula is still more agile and probably has better endurance. Bare in mind that Iroh is not as good as he used to be. Pretty much all his hype comes from his "dragon of the west" days". I may have gone too far saying it would be an easy win but I stilll think Azula will take it in the end.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: How is bumbung on his belly and catching her completely off guard getting the better of her? The fight would be awesome but I totally agree with what GXrevolution said above. Iroh is amazing but not better than her, at least by that time. He has experience and hype but Azula can dodge pretty much everything he would throw at her and fight back with equally skilled attacks. I can assume that their firebending skills are equal, but Azula's agility can bring her victory under normal conditions.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution:

There's only so much the writers could do to demonstrate Iroh's abilities, and in a small universe like Avatar, hype and in-universe logic can't be ignored

Iroh solo'ed Azula's entire crew and proceeded to easily redirect Azula's lightning and kick her off the ship. Yeah, there was an element of surprise, but that doesn't render the feat invalid

Iroh hasn't lost his skill. The writers stated in an interview that he hasn't lost his abilities, it's just that fighting isn't as important to him anymore

I'm gonna try to put together an Iroh respect thread at some point, in the meantime check out my CaV (shameless self promotion)

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-unalaq-killerwasp-and-iroh-arcus1-vs-toph-goth-1803685/

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: Iroh only solo'ed Azula's guards along with Zuko. That's not solo. But I'm not saying that he couldn't. I have to say again that redirecting Azula's lightning on surprise and kicking her off the ship is NOT A FIGHT. Seriously. Abd do you think that Azula wouldn't be able to handle the number of guards Iroh handled? Really?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its in character I don't see Iroh winning. He'll hold back, and Azula won't.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

He fought them while Zuko was fighting Azula

She probably could, that was just an example of combat feats for Iroh

By the end of season 3, Zuko was on Azula's level. They appeared equally skilled in the Crystal Catacombs, and he fought evenly with her twice. However he still acknowledged Iroh as being on a different level when he said that Iroh was the only other one who could beat Ozai

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: he won't be bloodlusted, sure, but he won't hold back that much. He did tell Zuko "she's crazy and she needs to go down"

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

@nerevarine_11: he won't be bloodlusted, sure, but he won't hold back that much. He did tell Zuko "she's crazy and she needs to go down"

That could mean any number of things in context to his quote. Azula and by a greater margin the Fire Nation needed to be defeated and supplanted by Zuko to help end the war and bring stability under a good ruler, since Sozin was heading out to burn the Earth Kingdom.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: Soooo... Is this battle morals off or morals on? In morals off Iroh has a gret chance but in morals on he has no chance really...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: morals on

Iroh has a perfectly fine chance morals on. He's quite willing to fight Azula, and is easily on her level of firebending if not better