Gear/Azula: Standard
Gear/Cassandra:

1. Standard Uniform
  2. Smoke Grenades (2)
  3. Grappling Hook
  4. Katana

Bonuses/Restrictions: Azula can only use her lightning ability twice

Environment

• Both start on opposite ends (top of labyrinth walls)
  • Area is usable if needed
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Wait... Is Azula's regular fire-bending restricted? I see that you've given her the option to utilize lightning twice but is this strictly a martial arts battle?

Azula will have a massive advantage if she is allowed to firebend.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Phylos

Wait... Is Azula's regular fire-bending restricted? I see that you've given her the option to utilize lightning twice but is this strictly a martial arts battle?

Azula will have a massive advantage if she is allowed to firebend.

Oh no no, she can still fire-bend. Martial arts is an option if it came to that. Plus, I did take into account her advantage with her projectile combat. I tried to level it out with this whole set up, Cassandra could maneuver through the maze to dodge the oncoming fireballs and reappear somewhere else with the use of her skills and what not. For the battles sake, the walls aren't uber high, so scaling them won't be difficult. Even for Azula, without a grappling hook, she could do her little jetpack thing with fire bending to get back up.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phylos: Thanks for clearing that up!

Now, without playing down Cass' skills in anyway, I'd still have to say Azula is faster than her. A more skilled martial artist? I wouldn't go that far, but she managed to avoid three benders and Sokka(not really a feat heh), without the aid of her bending as the comet blocked out the sun and temporarily made fire-benders powerless.

The maze would only worsen Cass' chances here as Azula would merely flush her out constantly and take control of the battlefield. She has control from a distance and relative control in close quarters as well due to her bending.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Azula use her fire-bending to fly?(I think I saw her using it like that somewhere, but not sure)

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Azula use her fire-bending to fly?(I think I saw her using it like that somewhere, but not sure)

Yes -- but not with any maneuverability and she can't sustain it. It's basically rocket boots that propel her in one direction for a limited amount of time, but she's quite capable of covering about a hundred feet straight in the air with her jet boots firebending.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How tall are the maze walls? @phylos

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula would win in my opinion. Her lightning bending can be used in close range to disarm Cassandra or just outright kill her pretty easily. In the graphic novel, The Search, Azula was able to lightning bend without a stance. She just pointed and lightning shot out.

No Caption Provided

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phylos

Azula would win in my opinion. Her lightning bending can be used in close range to disarm Cassandra or just outright kill her pretty easily. In the graphic novel, The Search, Azula was able to lightning bend without a stance. She just pointed and lightning shot out.

No Caption Provided

Well as I said, she could only use her lightning ability twice. Whether it's on a small scale or large. I could see her only using them in the instance where she knew that a clear shot was possible. Then again, Cain wouldn't just stand there and wait for the impact.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aren't all Bat-family suits insulated?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yep, lightning bending should do little to nothing to Cassandra.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yep, lightning bending should do little to nothing to Cassandra.

Forgot about the lightning. Didn't say Cassie would win, anyway. She could even turn up the heat and that'd be good enough to burn her. But haven't people dodged the lightning before?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@phylos said:

Well as I said, she could only use her lightning ability twice. Whether it's on a small scale or large. I could see her only using them in the instance where she knew that a clear shot was possible. Then again, Cain wouldn't just stand there and wait for the impact.

You're implying that Cassandra knows ahead of time that Azula can lightning bend. Lightning moves pretty darn quick. While the speed of the lightning differs depending on environmental conditions, it is still much faster than a bullet. If we were to assume Azula's lightning travels on the slower end of the spectrum, then it would be around 87,000 miles per second. A bullet on the other hand moves somewhere around 180 m/s - 1500 m/s. Be aware that these measurements are meters per seconds, while lightning is measured in miles per second. \

Not to mention we are not taking into consideration how long it would take Cassandra's mind to register that lightning is coming towards her, before she even reacts to it.

Also given that the battle takes place in a labyrinth, per your rules. It would be very difficult for Cassandra to dodge it, even if she was able to react to it.

Anyways my initial point about the lightning bending without a stance is that unlike her fire bending, Azula's lightning can't really be preemptively blocked. Fire bending follows a fixed set of stances and is orientated to specific movements. Thus Cassandra, if close up, could effectively dodge her fire bending by simply stepping into her blind spots or redirecting her moves, since fire bending is seen as an extension of one's limbs. Cassandra could also take advantage of this rigid fighting style by making Azula lose balance (i.e. knocking her down) or going for grapples and locking her in place. We have seen throughout the Avatar series, that bender's rely heavily on their stances and such are easily defeated if they are overwhelmed and not allowed to do their intricate movements. We have also seen that knowing pressure points can greatly hinder a bender by both blocking their chi and locking their joints and muscles.

So to finally get to my point is that if Cassandra was to get up close to Azula (that is a big if, given that they start very far from each other), then she has a chance of winning, but given that Azula can lightning bend without a stance, then that one chance is effectively gone. Azula throughout the series, has been shown to use her lightning bending predominantly in close range conflicts, face to face with her enemies. It's already pretty impossible to dodge lightning, but to do so at a melee range is even more so.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Well whatevs, I'm saying Cassandra stomps her because her Bat uniform is, like other Bruce Wayne designed uniforms, tailored to ground electricity and resist super high temperatures. Cassandra's a better fighter and would slice her in half with a katana when Azula gets caught flatfooted using her bending on someone who's highly resistant and charging her.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skaddix

Her suit might be insulated her face is not besides a katana would either get melted or conduct electricity.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Cassandra cain, her bolts do not have the same speed as real lightning/electricity in the way that star wars blasters no not travel at the same speed as real light.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cassandra Cain wins.

I can debate.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: She can also read her body language and tell what Azula's about to do, So I agree, Cassie wins.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Correct me if I'm wrong, but when has Cassandra - or even Bruce for that matter- ever survived full on contact with fire being blasted onto her? Sure, I can understand the suit protecting them from certain temperatures surrounding them, such as a burning building, etc, but Cass is at a severe disadvantage in the maze due to it's tight spaces and Azula won't hesitate to flush her out.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nerx

@stronger said:

Cassandra Cain wins.

I can debate.

same here with ya on that

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dondave

Azula

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Cassandra cain, her bolts do not have the same speed as real lightning/electricity in the way that star wars blasters no not travel at the same speed as real light.

Well, Idk about sw blasters, but if their water is water, air is air, and so on, why is their lightening different? Not to mention they can actually redirect sky lightening?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nerx

@princearagorn1:

Only Iroh is shown to do that and he did not do it in big battles yet, FLord did not do that, Azul did not do that and zuko did not do that. Zuko is shown to physically dodge her lightning (zuko who did not have above human/super reactions) to save katara, amon did it too (multiple times). Cass has stats that put both of them to shame. A katana through the head, a grappling hook ripping open her gut.

there are plenty of ways to kill azula

last I recall our air cannot be molded into balls by monks, our waters do not behave that way to magical inuits.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@nerx: Iroh is not sure if he can beat ozai. Meaning they're in about the same range, a shade here or there. Aang keeps up with ozai, azula and zuko with aang. None of them have reflexes far away from each other.

So if we take the lightening timer in equation, out of curiosity, does cass have anything to compete?

Didn't get what you're implying by the last line, though.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

He took down ba sing sei and had actual HtH combat feats, plus as an old dude he has shown more wisdom than the rest of his hot temper family. Saving zuko's ass in more times to count than anyone else. Last line refers to what you said (or what i thought you said) by elements being equal with the ones in our world in terms of how they act.

Take out lightning timer and Cass smears this, she is 'fast' enough to penetrate superboy's TK barrier

she is one of comic's good characters that represent eastern/manga martial arts (next to IF and KK)

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Under influence of comet, ozai could arguably have done the same. Anyway, according to iroh himself he wasn't sure of beating ozai, and I'm sure iroh knows his own feats more than either of us.

The elements are exactly equal, if you're a non-bender. It's the bending ability that's special.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: let's not use 'arguably' here

Iroh says ozai is a tougher fighter, yet most of the time he sits on his ass and lets his minions do all the conquering. His fight with aang did not show much skill, only comet boosted flamethrowing. Agni kai? that was his own kid who was less than skilled at the time. Bent lightning from the sky when shot to a human body would do more than the damage shown, the only dude that I can vouch for superhuman capacity is amon's right hand man with the fu-manchu stache.

shot, dropped from mountain/cliff twice, and didn't give a sh!t

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@nerx: Yup, iroh says he is unsure of beating ozai. Nothing arguable, they're on nearly same level.

So if azula is a lightening timer, would she win?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: They never fight and he seems more competent in general, unlike FEmperor who depended on a rock. Iroh only retreated after his son died.

Big IF, she was mostly dishing out the bolts ( I would say electric projection rather) instead of dodging/taking them.