Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Princess Azula will take on the lavabender Bolin, who will win?

This is sane Azula, Book 4 Bolin

Fight takes place in the forest outside Zaofu. Starting distance is 25 feet.

Victory by ko or death

Round 1: Morals on

Round 2: Morals off, bloodlusted

Round 3: Same as round 2, except that each has basic knowledge on the other

Who will win?

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula has no morals. lol So Azula round 1 & 3.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula has no morals. lol So Azula round 1 & 3.

Any reasons? What about 2?

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Bolin would win round 2. He has impressive feats and being bloodlusted just takes the cake, however Azula is extremely ruthless and is also a battle tactician.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula all three.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arv993

azula much faster than bolin in general, bolin would give her a rough time with lava but azula attacks are powerful and bust through earth. she wins high diff

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bolin can take all rounds i assume 1 and 2 are no knowledge, but bolin hearing of azula will be able to handle her with lava, in 2 he also takes it, 3 basic knowledge will not help her since no prep, he just needs to floods lava at her.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aressword
johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula

Slight edge to Bolin

Azula

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Round 1 - Azula since she's waaay more likely to cut loose before Bolin does.

Round 2 - Bolin's lavabending surprise and willingness to use it might allow him to boil Azula alive for the win.

Round 3 - Slightly tougher to call. Bolin's familiar with Mako's bending style so he knows how firebenders fight. Likewise, the same applies to Azula and she could exploit Bolin's weaknesses due to her more tactical nature. Slight edge to Azula.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1- Lava is instant kill. Bolin won't use it directly, and the time it takes him to come up with a clever way to use it without killing her is time for Azula to use speed, agility, unique firebending and superior tactical ability to get around and put him down.

R2- Bolin wins. She can run. She can bend at him. She can throw everything at him she wants, but this is mountain for her to climb if he's trying to kill her. Azula's best bet is to just run and hope he goes after her.

R3- 60/40 Bolin. Bolin is clever, but he's not the brightest bulb and certainly not Azula level. Just knowing about the lavabending before hand could make this more of a "Azula hides in trees and shoots him with lightning" type of victory. But still it's lava....Bolin wins.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger summed up what I would say pretty well.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@arcus: my answer is still the same, because i based it off no knowledge of each other.

Bolin is one of those people who release power when pushed to the wall, azula's 1st two attacks will definitely push him to do insane things.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KnightOfZero

bolin would have a good chance to win the 1st 2 rounds due to lava bending, but he probably wont win the last round when azula knows that he has it

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula all rounds

She can avoid Bolins lavabending by using super leaps and hovering with her fire bending. And some people are forgetting Azula also has her lightning bending which is just as dangerous as lavabending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus: remember she doesn't know he has kavabending the first two rounds to be ready for it. Lightning needs to charge

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@klaus said:

Azula all rounds

She can avoid Bolins lavabending by using super leaps and hovering with her fire bending. And some people are forgetting Azula also has her lightning bending which is just as dangerous as lavabending.

Azula cannot hover for long. Jet propulsion takes a considerable amount of focus and concentration, and she has only ever used it for short bursts.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula round 1 and 3 better bender fighter stringer more tactical and innovative. Round 2 a bloodlusted lava bender just burns the whole area so i give it to bolin.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula round 1 and 3 better bender fighter stringer more tactical and innovative. Round 2 a bloodlusted lava bender just burns the whole area so i give it to bolin.

Bolin's bloodlusted round 2 also, but you think Azula can take him if she knows about lavabending?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: if she knows oh yea he is done for if she knows.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: because she is one of 3 people in avatar you just don't give prep to

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: there's no prep, she just knows the basics about lava bending

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: that is prep for her man if you let her know about something your already dead.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: that is prep for her man if you let her know about something your already dead.

How is it prep? It's just knowledge so she won't be completely caught off guard

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: exactly if she knows how something works she shall take it down i.e when she sums up long feng, when she was playing volley ball, when she can get past toph lie dectors . Making her have knowlege of lava bending only adds to her advantage.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: I don't mean she knows the ins and outs of lavabending, just that Bolin turns earth to lava. She knew Katara was a waterbender, never helped her win

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By primebonnick

@arcus: yes but she is sane in this fight or do you think katara could be her by herself?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: yes but she is sane in this fight or do you think katara could be her by herself?

Crystal Catacombs fight

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: hmm i can't call that a win sadly

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Arcus1

@primebonnick: maybe not, but Katara had a pretty clear upper hand

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: well it would be ridiculous if she didn't get the upper hand in the fight at one point no?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula wins all rounds

MONGOOSE

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I think Azula is more skilled

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Arcus1
themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

R1: Azula

R2: Azula

R3: Azula

Lavabending makes her work for it, but Bolin's lava is slow and she can basically blitz him before he resorts to that. Ghazan vs Azula is a pretty much even fight already. Azula charges lightning (2 seconds), Ghazan makes lava (2 seconds). I can argue that lightning will hit faster than lava will reach Azula.
Reasons:
Even Ghazan who is a master at lavabending cannot do it fast enough to ensure a victory. Azula has the raw power and attack speed to blitz him if he tries something smart. Not to mention that she is a lot mroe intelligent and also far too agile to fall for it. I don't recall Bolin doing something fast enough that Azula cannot overwhelm or something big enough on time that Azula cannot dodge.
Without knowledge it still doesn't matter. Azula has knowledge of lavabending's existence from her school. Roku was a lavabender himself, and the FN history is taught there. We also know that she was VERY knowledgable in the history of her nation. No morals is already enough.
Morals Off Bolin is still not fast enough for Azula's speed-agility league. He has the power but he lacks speed. That's why lavabending isn't THAT OP. Because it takes time. Much like lightning.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolin fries her.

The only way I can see Azula winning is if Bolin's holding back from putting her into a coma.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@llehdevil: When was Bolin's lavabending fast enough for Azula to react?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not the issue. The issue is for Azula to make a path to attack, when she's always focusing on defense. When Bolin has two alternatives, Lava area-of-effect attacks and pro-bending earthbending skills + the agility to match Azula.

@arcus1 Off topic, are you doing any CaVs? If you are please tag me on them. :)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@llehdevil said:
@anthp2000 said:

That's not the issue. The issue is for Azula to make a path to attack, when she's always focusing on defense. When Bolin has two alternatives, Lava area-of-effect attacks and pro-bending earthbending skills + the agility to match Azula.

When is she focusing on defence? Firebenders like Azula are esspecially offensive types when it comes to battling. I can't recall a battle where she didn't give the first attack.
Lavabending takes way too much time to catch her. He never did it fast enough. What fast AoE attacks does he have with lava?
His agility is good, I give him that, but nowhere near Azula's. His earthbending is worse than Aang or Toph's that Azula casually destroyed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

When is she focusing on defence? Firebenders like Azula are esspecially offensive types when it comes to battling. I can't recall a battle where she didn't give the first attack.

Basically dodging and parrying with concussive blasts. She never has been in this position, so it's going to be unique to her.

Lavabending takes way too much time to catch her. He never did it fast enough. What fast AoE attacks does he have with lava?

Since when was Lavabending slow? You're the one claiming it's slow, I'm not claiming it's fast. All you need to know is that he defended himself well against Kuvira's mechs better than anyone did in that series (Legend of Korra) and you know it. OK, not AoE attacks per say, but he basically covers the ground in puddles of lava. If they are not AOE attacks, there are pretty damn good ways to get an opponent extending his or her reach in battle, which is a sever disadvantage in any bending match. Limiting the area of defense.

His agility is good, I give him that, but nowhere near Azula's. His earthbending is worse than Aang or Toph's that Azula casually destroyed.

OK. So Azula's agility is better? Since when? Feats?

Earthbending is worse than Aang's? That's very debatable. The big earthbending feat Aang had in the finale could be debated that he was amped with airbending to push the big mountain, if that's the perception that Aang's earthbending is better than Bolin's.

And please tell me when Azula every defeated Aang and Toph in a one-on-one, firebending vs. earthbending match. You can't be serious that Aang doesn't hold back when he fights Azula.