Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided

Azula and Aang's final battle ended with Aang's near death in Book 2. What if these two had had a rematch in book 3?

Fight takes place at the Agni Kai arena where Azula fought Zuko. Starting distance is 25 feet. Victory by ko or death

Aang has his glider

Azula is completely sane

No Avatar State

Round 1: No Sozin's Comet. Aang is in character

Round 2: Sozin's Comet is out. Aang is morals off (still no Avatar State)

Who wins?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang both rounds.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KidPhillip

Azula both rounds.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

Assuming this is no AS.

Aang wins round 1 and slaughters her in round 2. Moral's off Aang would beat pretty much any Avatar character out of the AS.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming this is no AS.

Aang wins round 1 and slaughters her in round 2. Moral's off Aang would beat pretty much any Avatar character out of the AS.

yeah no Avatar State

Aang both rounds.

Azula both rounds.

Interesting...

Avatar image for aceofspades1700
AceofSpades1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Azula has a chance, but I think Aang could take this, especially if he is a fully realized avatar.

Round 2: Aang stomps. I can't imagine Azula taking down a blood-lusted avatar in the avatar-state in a head-to-head fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Azula has a chance, but I think Aang could take this, especially if he is a fully realized avatar.

Round 2: Aang stomps. I can't imagine Azula taking down a blood-lusted avatar in the avatar-state in a head-to-head fight.

No avatar state, I forgot to mention that

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula first round and then Aang

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his glider, Aang takes both rounds, without it, he may lose round 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his glider, Aang takes both rounds, without it, he may lose round 1.

you think the glider makes that much of a difference? Half the time he seems to lose it shortly into the fight

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang in the first round.

With the comet boost I'd take Azula though.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Is this beginning of Book 3 or the end of Book 3 Aang? And what are Aang's morals for round 1?

Z'

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang both rounds. IMO without holding back, Aang had the bending skills, agility, speed to beat anyone in ATLA

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Azula round one

Aang Round 2

Azula is cunning an manipulative and also fight dirty. She'll definitely have a chance to outsmart Aang and beat him.

Round two I gave it to Aang since he isn't playing around and will use his speed and agility as an advantage to beat the crap out of azula.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aang

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@arcus: Is this beginning of Book 3 or the end of Book 3 Aang? And what are Aang's morals for round 1?

Z'

end of book 3. Standard morals for round 1

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Aang both rounds. IMO without holding back, Aang had the bending skills, agility, speed to beat anyone in ATLA

He's in character round 1

Avatar image for aceofspades1700
AceofSpades1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Azula round one

Aang Round 2

Azula is cunning an manipulative and also fight dirty. She'll definitely have a chance to outsmart Aang and beat him.

Round two I gave it to Aang since he isn't playing around and will use his speed and agility as an advantage to beat the crap out of azula.

Ok then, probably this

Avatar image for ganymedeofthemyscira
GanymedeOfThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second round isnt fair if Azula gets the comet but Aang gets so Avatar State so this thread is COI.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 Azula....it could go either way really. She's shown she can take advantage of him offense wise and is fast enough to evade him so i'll just say she's got an edge going for her in that fight.

R2 Aang....morals off doesn't make much of a difference against a smart opponent like her but Aang is more likely to take an opening with it and that might give him the edge.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pooty said:

That makes a difference...... when they were fighting at the Wall of Ba sing se, i think she had him beat.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Z___

Round 1 I think Aang can take it. He was pretty darn powerful and fast by the end of book 3. All 4 elements are really going to make the difference especially against a non-amped Azula. He should take the majority barely.

I'm backing Azula for round 2. Her Sozin's Comet feats were powerful! And she's sane on top of that. Speeds are going to be on a comparative level for both combatants, Aang's fire abilities will be negated by her's and Azula can hover and produce really huge and elongated blasts. Aang has to rely on earth, water and air (mostly for transportation/leaping around and defense). Not only this but his water source isn't going to be large enough at the arena to make that much of a difference other than to run away. I think Azula wins this in a hard-faught fight.

OP's morals rules will make the battle all-the-more closer.

Great job @Arcus for making yet another very debatable battle.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arcus1

@pooty said:

@arcus said:

@pooty said:

That makes a difference...... when they were fighting at the Wall of Ba sing se, i think she had him beat.

She pretty much did, she just stalled before finishing him. However, by the end of Book 3 Aang had the advantage of knowing firebending and being better at earthbending

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pooty said:

@arcus said:

@pooty said:

She pretty much did, she just stalled before finishing him. However, by the end of Book 3 Aang had the advantage of knowing firebending and being better at earthbending

I forgot about that. but Aangs skill was not the problem. even with just air i think a serious aang could beat her. it was his fighting style that held him back

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@arcus said:

@pooty said:

@arcus said:

@pooty said:

I forgot about that. but Aangs skill was not the problem. even with just air i think a serious aang could beat her. it was his fighting style that held him back

Yeah that's how I see it too. Do you think he could win in character with his skills as of Book 3?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Honestly, i don't know. if they fight 10x they could take 5 each. I'm really torn on this one

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@arcus: Honestly, i don't know. if they fight 10x they could take 5 each. I'm really torn on this one

I guess that's the sign of a good battle

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MetalJimmor

I'll go for Aang both rounds.

Round 2 is a tough fight, but Azula doesn't have the level of flight that Ozai had, which is a big part of why Ozai was able to overwhelm Aang. Azula won't be able to completely keep up with the airbending Aang, and Aang's earthbending became crazy stronger for the finale. I don't see Azula easily dealing with having the tips of mountains thrown at her.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula round 1 because aang is morals on in this round he will do teh predictable fighting air bender style of evading attacks. We see how effective azula is at this when they took her on without her bending. So i don't see aang winning this one.

Round 2. Yea a blood lusted master air bender isn't a joke. I can only imagine what gyatsu did to those fire benders that were all around him when aang found his bones and they had the power of sozin's comet too.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azula. aang didnt really learn much more in season 3. really, he just learned some more earthbending and enough firebending to be competent. nothing that can give him an edge against azula. especially since azula without firebending managed to out maneuver and outsmart aang, sokka and toph

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1....Aang in a very close fight. Azula has a good shot to win.

Round 2....Aang

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula round one

Aang Round 2

Agreed great point imo.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Azula takes round 1. Aang's morals is a big detriment here. However, he takes round 2 with high difficulty. Aang was holding his own against Ozai in the initial stages of their fight and wasn't getting completely dominated. Ozai>Azula. A bloodlust Aang would beat Azula. He also has lightning redirection.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Assuming this is no AS.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow said:

Assuming this is no AS.

Yeah this is no AS

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that he learned to redirect lightning....I'd say Aang in both rounds.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow said:

Assuming this is no AS.

Yeah this is no AS

Plus he redirected Sozin Comet amped Ozai's lightning so Azula's wouldn't be hard to redirect.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@arcus said:

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow said:

Assuming this is no AS.

Yeah this is no AS

Plus he redirected Sozin Comet amped Ozai's lightning so Azula's wouldn't be hard to redirect.

Just barely. He fell straight to the ground afterwards

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@arcus said:

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow said:

Assuming this is no AS.

Yeah this is no AS

But he could have gotten a kill shot on Ozai. Aang just chose not to due to his Air Nomad pacifism and no killing rule.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Considering that he learned to redirect lightning....I'd say Aang in both rounds.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By raimundopedrosa

Before Aang started holding back and trying to reason with Ozai, the most powerful firebender on his most powerful day, Aang was evenly matched with him.

Ozai was the strongest firebender, confirmed by the creators. Aang was dueling with him evenly ON HIS STRONGEST DAY! The only reason why Ozai gained the upper hand as because of Aang's pacifist nature. During the actual fight in terms of skill and power, though, Aang was his equal.

Aang=Ozai> Azula.

With plot armor off, Aang kicks her ass both rounds.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@arcus said:

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow said:

Assuming this is no AS.

Yeah this is no AS

Ozai's lightning >>> Azula's.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96 said:

@lvenger said:

@arcus said:

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow said:

Assuming this is no AS.

Yeah this is no AS

Ozai's lightning >>> Azula's.

Exactly

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Exactly your point? In both cases Aang could redirect the lightning fired at him but you're saying that he might not be able to redirect Azula's lightning.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@gxrevolution96: Exactly your point? In both cases Aang could redirect the lightning fired at him but you're saying that he might not be able to redirect Azula's lightning.

I am saying that if he be rely managed to redirect Ozai's(who is more powerful than Azula) he should be able to deal with Azula's with too much problem

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang. I know that Azula got the upper hand on his once but that doesn't mean it would happen for a majority. It's just that Zuko stalemated azula at least 5 times and I think it was well established aang would take a large majority on Zuko. The only thing azula really brings to the table Zuko didn't was lightning which aang can avoid anyhow.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Zuko only stalemated Azula twice, and only after his dragon training