Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1  Online
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These two teams of rivals must put aside their differences and work together in this battle, who will win?

Fight takes place in the Crystal Catacombs at twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet.

Azula is sane, Korra is healthy.

No Avatar State, no flight

Zaheer has his glider

For this battle, Korra has earthbending and airbending only

Which team will win?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra and zhaeer should win. zhaeer will be able to easily dodge around anything the 2 girls can offer, and korra will be able to over power katara. unless korra is the victim of an azula one-shot, she should be fine (especially since zhaeer will be harassing azula)

team 2 wins 7/10

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arcus1  Online

Korra and zhaeer should win. zhaeer will be able to easily dodge around anything the 2 girls can offer, and korra will be able to over power katara. unless korra is the victim of an azula one-shot, she should be fine (especially since zhaeer will be harassing azula)

team 2 wins 7/10

think teamwork will play any role in this?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Arcus1  Online
KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus from the latest episode of korra, korra has shown to be able to trust zhaeer when their goals are the same, and zhaeer has shown to be trustworthy in that reguard too. if team work plays a factory, than azula and katara will be at the disadvantage considering they hate and dont trust each other at all

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The irony that both images show captivity.

Team 1. Korra's airbending is okay. But not good enough to be a threat to either Katara let alone Azula. Same applies for her earthbending. Zaheer is good but Azula in my honest opinion is slightly better.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hatemalingsia

@arcus: Zaheer suffocates them to death.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Arcus1  Online

@arcus: Zaheer suffocate them to death.

He's only ever done that to people who were incapacitated or just useless to begin with, I don't see him pulling it off in a real fight

Team 1. Korra's airbending is okay. But not good enough to be a threat to either Katara let alone Azula. Same applies for her earthbending. Zaheer is good but Azula in my honest opinion is slightly better.

haha yeah I thought of that

Her airbending and earthbending alone might not be good enough, but what about together? What puts Azula above Zaheer?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2 wins 7/10

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Far more destructive force, precision and better reflexes.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@hatemalingsia said:

@arcus: Zaheer suffocate them to death.

He's only ever done that to people who were incapacitated or just useless to begin with, I don't see him pulling it off in a real fight

Eh, no reason why he wouldn't. Bonus point since team 1 won't expect it and can't air bend.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Arcus1  Online

@hatemalingsia: except that maybe he can't. It seems to take a fair amount of concentration, something that could be easily disrupted

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: True but Korra is there and team 1 better have good feats for bending while suffocating. Not in holding their breath, but more like getting the air sucked out of their lungs.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Korra's airbending and earthbending are lackluster and Azula has a great track record against both those elements, and Katara has extensive experience with both. Zaheer is good but again Azula has a good track record against airbending and Katara is skilled enough to keep up with either and I would take her for a majority against Korra here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arcus1  Online

@man_of_miracles: Azula's done well against earthbending, but Aang never really used much airbending against her

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@man_of_miracles: Azula's done well against earthbending, but Aang never really used much airbending against her

He has used it enough around her that she has an understanding of how to fight against it. My main point being that she has fought and had the upper hand on Aang who uses both earthbending and airbending at a higher level than Korra. Zaheer could be a problem but Azula is one of the most agile combatants in the Avatarverse and ruthless to boot. In the end with the restrictions on Korra here I think that Azula or Katara can take her for a majority than double team Zaheer.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Essentially, Korra is the weak link here. She'll be overcome by either Azula or Katara. Reason being Korra hasn't shown sufficient feats with the two elements she's given to take out high-level threats.

Azula can stalemate Zaheer and beat him eventually or defeat Korra. While Katara can either stalemate Zaheer or dominate Korra.

It's simple, once Korra is conquered, Zaheer will be bombarded by the combined attacks of both Katara and Azula. And then eventually lose, especially since Azula has lightning.

L. D.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Just overall more raw power here, more skill too.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra and zaheer, without flight zaheer is still potent, he never really showed any flight combat except in the final episode(which was DAMN, freaking badass), he is more agile than both of them, he took korra(bounded) and her dad, he is enough to take katara or azula h2h, and korra with those 2 bending can take/hold anyone enough for zaheer to beat the other, and as for team work, it is no problem for korra and zaheer, they can work together, they got along for sometime, zaheer is a simple person who can take make partnership for some time, he was cool with the earth queen till he saw no need for her, he was cool with korra in the astral world, they can and will win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Arcus1  Online

@llehdevil: any reasons for Azula or Katara against Zaheer?

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an interesting one. I'm thinking Korra and Zaheer win it, though, as Katara is the weakest link. Water whips can only get you so far, and i doubt she'll have time to do any healing. Azula is a beast but she can't take both Korra and Zaheer at the same time, even with Korra's limitations here. They have enough power, skill and ferocity between them to beat Azula eventually.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pierpat

Korra has her two worst bendings, and we have seen her having difficulties against good benders having all four of them.

Sad to say, and guys like @arcus know well i'm not the korra hater type, but azula and katara are far too good for her.

Zaheer is not that good either, he was being totally dominated by tenzin pre-flight.

He's good, but not azula level.

Katara is just slightly less good than Unalaq, that was keeping up with a full bending korra, while azula can surely take a flight-less zaheer.

Team 1 8/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@llehdevil: any reasons for Azula or Katara against Zaheer?

The only duty one member of Team 1 has to do, is to occupy Zaheer long enough until the other finishes off Korra, if that's what you're asking. Zaheer can't take on Korra and Azula at the same time.

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Arcus1  Online

@pierpat: to be fair, I'd argue for Unalaq being better than Azula or Katara. As for Zaheer, why does losing to Tenzin mean Zaheer is bad? Why can't it mean Tenzin is good?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pierpat

@arcus said:

@pierpat: to be fair, I'd argue for Unalaq being better than Azula or Katara. As for Zaheer, why does losing to Tenzin mean Zaheer is bad? Why can't it mean Tenzin is good?

I actually said unalaq is better than katara in my post, bro xD

But as i already said.... Unalaq>katara, while this korra<<<<<<<<<<<<<Unlimited korra=/<Unalaq

So....katara or azula are easily taking this korra IMO.

Tenzin is not bad, but he is not surely greatly superior to neither katara or azula.

Azula knows how to deal with airbenders, and we can assume that with all that fighting by Aang's side katara would know a few tricks too.

I cannot see someone who has fought on an equal level with Aang(hell she Ko'ed a book 2 aang Without that many issues, if it was not for plot she could have killed him at Ba sin Se), that is at least equal to tenzin(i see tenzin slightly superior in airbending with aang being overall better thanks to the other bendings) not being able to casually take on a flight-less Zaheer.

Reminder: I love these avatar battles you make, keep them coming)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arcus1  Online

@pierpat:

Technically, Aang never really used airbending against Azula, he tended to rely on earthbending for some reason

Haha thanks! I will

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

Technically, Aang never really used airbending against Azula, he tended to rely on earthbending for some reason

Well.... no

In the fight on the giant auger he used all the bendings he had at the time, and azula still ko'ed him without getting tagged once.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Arcus1  Online

@pierpat:

He used a bit of airbending, but he mainly used earthbending and got almost ko'ed because he was using earthbending

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

He used a bit of airbending, but he mainly used earthbending and got almost ko'ed because he was using earthbending

He still used airbending,

He evidently thought about it and realized earthbending was the best option, Aang is normally a smart fighter that at that point was quite used with fighting firebenders, so i don't see why he would have chose a not advantageous bending.

I think that it's safe to assume aang would have lost that match up anyway.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arcus1  Online

@pierpat:

He did the same thing against Zuko in the Crystal Catacombs, he was doing fine with airbending, then he starts using earthbending and does worse. Idk why, but it happened

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Arcus1  Online
johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I think that Azula can take care of Korra, while Katara can fight Zaheer long enough till Azula comes and helps.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Azula can take care of Korra, while Katara can fight Zaheer long enough till Azula comes and helps.

this

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Arcus1  Online

Air and earth might not be Korra's main elements, but she's not without decent feats

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's some others too but that's all I've got right now

marvelman27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

korra and zaheer should easily be able to manage the two of them, zaheer just dodge until they get annoyed while korra takes the piss by making them trip over or something unless zaheer just takes the oxygen out of them two

actually, zaheer and korra will quickly get rid of azula (permanent or not) and deal with korra before any possible bloodbending could occur, once they take care of her then they will go back to azula

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arcus1  Online

korra and zaheer should easily be able to manage the two of them, zaheer just dodge until they get annoyed while korra takes the piss by making them trip over or something unless zaheer just takes the oxygen out of them two

actually, zaheer and korra will quickly get rid of azula (permanent or not) and deal with korra before any possible bloodbending could occur, once they take care of her then they will go back to azula

Zaheer's never shown the ability to take someone's breath in a fight

No full moon so no bloodbending

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 i feel wins a slightly majority. Good fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Arcus1  Online
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Arcus1  Online

Bump

marvelman27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@marvelman27 said:

Zaheer's never shown the ability to take someone's breath in a fight

No full moon so no bloodbending

then go with option 1, and he may not have done it in a fight but he has shown he is capable of taking someone's breath

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Arcus1  Online

Bump in honor of the finale

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Screw the finale. That's all I gotta say on the matter.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Arcus1  Online

@arcus said:

Screw the finale. That's all I gotta say on the matter.

Why?