• 58 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by NaruNick073 (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I Did A Search And Didn't Find A Similar Thread, So I Started One.
 
Location: Gotham City
Prep: No
Blood Lust On
Both At There Peaks 
Standard Weapons And Equipment 
 

Michael Lane
Jean-Paul Valley 
#2 Edited by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Micheal Lane...But Im pretty sure JPV can beat him. 
 
EDIT:  From what I've seen and read on here, JPV has shown better feats. But, Micheal Lane says he has all the powers of the 100 people who have worn the suit so...u never know i guess

#3 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

micheal lane's swords are haxxed right now and jpv is not a nice guy  compared to dick so if jpv is stabbed then he dies.

#4 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
"I love Micheal Lane...But Im pretty sure JPV can beat him.   EDIT:  From what I've seen and read on here, JPV has shown better feats. But, Micheal Lane says he has all the powers of the 100 people who have worn the suit so...u never know i guess "

Well said. I think Jean-Paul is more skilled but maybe that is simply because he has been on the scene longer than Michael.
#5 Edited by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_ said:

" @TheFlash4740 said:

"I love Micheal Lane...But Im pretty sure JPV can beat him.   EDIT:  From what I've seen and read on here, JPV has shown better feats. But, Micheal Lane says he has all the powers of the 100 people who have worn the suit so...u never know i guess "
Well said. I think Jean-Paul is more skilled but maybe that is simply because he has been on the scene longer than Michael. "
Agreed...Its a Shame Lane's Regime is coming to an end here soon...weak...
#6 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740: 
 
Sheew heard that. Ahh it happens in the world(s) of comics.
#7 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

really azrael is not a character where bloodlust needs to be turned on its essentially default

#8 Posted by NaruNick073 (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#9 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Michael Lane

#10 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean has better feats

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrtrickster said:
"Jean has better feats "

But lane's swords are an instant plotdevice.
#12 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

Lane.

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (9116 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Lane
#14 Edited by Deprive (49 posts) - - Show Bio
Jean Paul Valley has:
Beaten Bane twice
Beaten Batman (Bruce)
Beaten Nightwing
Made Deathstroke walk away
Was chosen by Ra Al Ghul to be his successor
 
Can someone tell me what Michael Lane has done?
#15 Posted by daredevil21134 (9116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deprive:

 



 

 



 

 


You read the new Azrael series

#16 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
"

@Deprive:



 



 


You read the new Azrael series

"
Well since It judges Dick as sinful, it might actually like JPV
#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (9116 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper:
He's also has  the strength and speed of a hundred men
#18 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

JPV wore the Suit of Sorrows.
 
Michael Lane has all the Strength and Speed of the Hundreds who wore the Suit. Including JPV
 
Lane wins in my book. Even though JPV Has more feats.

#19 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
" @vuviper: He's also has  the strength and speed of a hundred men "
If that was a literal measurement, he probably would have hit Batman the first time, I stopped reading his series so I don't actually know what he's capable of, perhaps you could show some displays of speed or strength. I could tell you that JPV started capable of 1 ton feats and grew more powerful as his series progressed until he was capable of 20 ton feats.
#20 Edited by Telcalipoca (956 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix: lol 
 
@daredevil21134 said: 

@vuviper: He's also has  the strength and speed of a hundred men "

If that was a literal measurement, he probably would have hit Batman the first time, I stopped reading his series so I don't actually know what he's capable of, perhaps you could show some displays of speed or strength. I could tell you that JPV started capable of 1 ton feats and grew more powerful as his series progressed until he was capable of 20 ton feats.     
 
daamn i did not know he had grown to such levels .but didnt jean wore the suit batman gave him? if the suite of sorrows does infact give  the strength of its previous users was pauls peak strength while he wore the suite or also with the bat given suit? i
#21 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @daredevil21134 said:
" @vuviper: He's also has  the strength and speed of a hundred men "
If that was a literal measurement, he probably would have hit Batman the first time, I stopped reading his series so I don't actually know what he's capable of, perhaps you could show some displays of speed or strength. I could tell you that JPV started capable of 1 ton feats and grew more powerful as his series progressed until he was capable of 20 ton feats. "
Probably key word.
 
No writer is going to let Azrael One shot batman. Its Batman. A poster boy for DC. How fun would the battle of been if that would of happend? Given he did it in 2 moves. One move would of been meh....
#22 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @vuviper said:
" @daredevil21134 said:
" @vuviper: He's also has  the strength and speed of a hundred men "
If that was a literal measurement, he probably would have hit Batman the first time, I stopped reading his series so I don't actually know what he's capable of, perhaps you could show some displays of speed or strength. I could tell you that JPV started capable of 1 ton feats and grew more powerful as his series progressed until he was capable of 20 ton feats. "
Probably key word.  No writer is going to let Azrael One shot batman. Its Batman. A poster boy for DC. How fun would the battle of been if that would of happend? Given he did it in 2 moves. One move would of been meh.... "
I'm sure dick has been one shotted before, his rep would survive. But yes I'm not using this as irrefutable evidence that he is not literally 100 times faster, I just doubt he's ever been seen running as fast as a bullet. Also just going to note, having the strength of 100 men, even olympic athletes would still make him at most as strong as JPV (unless of course you assume, like a previous poster mentioned, that he has the strength of JPV too, in which case Michael wins of course)
#23 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper: Im sure he's been one shotted. Just not by Azazel is all im saying. 
 
Im with you though, i need to see more feats of Lane to really digest this 100 men of strength and speed.
 
Just thought id put my 2 cents in the discussion.
#24 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really think Lane was speaking literally with the "strength and speed of 100 men" thing. I took it more as Lane feels the resonance of the people before him that wore the suit.
#25 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_ said:
" I don't really think Lane was speaking literally with the "strength and speed of 100 men" thing. I took it more as Lane feels the resonance of the people before him that wore the suit. "

Until i see some "Omg wtf was that shit" Feat from Lane...yea..idk about all this stuff yet. Him 2 shotting Dick isnt enough
#26 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @_Courage_ said:
" I don't really think Lane was speaking literally with the "strength and speed of 100 men" thing. I took it more as Lane feels the resonance of the people before him that wore the suit. "

Until i see some "Omg wtf was that shit" Feat from Lane...yea..idk about all this stuff yet. Him 2 shotting Dick isnt enough "

Lol exactly. Lane doesn't have anything to support his statement.
#27 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @_Courage_ said:
" I don't really think Lane was speaking literally with the "strength and speed of 100 men" thing. I took it more as Lane feels the resonance of the people before him that wore the suit. "

Until i see some "Omg wtf was that shit" Feat from Lane...yea..idk about all this stuff yet. Him 2 shotting Dick isnt enough "
We could split it in to multiple discussions, one going off of his feats and one assuming he has the strength and speed of 100 men. I'd say and one that he has the strength of JPV too, but that wouldn't really require discussion I feel... 
 
BTW when has Valley worn the suit of sorrow?
#28 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper: ......Good question...I Figured Since he was the past Azrael, he was given it. 
 
Shows my Lack of knowledge for JPV lol
#29 Posted by slacker the hacker (7775 posts) - - Show Bio

JPV takes him in the wood chiper
#30 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@slacker the hacker said:
" JPV takes him in the wood chiper "
Why.
#31 Posted by slacker the hacker (7775 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @slacker the hacker said:
" JPV takes him in the wood chiper "
Why. "

Hes plane more skilled in CQC on top of that he should be able to avoid those swords
#32 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@slacker the hacker said:
" @TheFlash4740 said:
" @slacker the hacker said:
" JPV takes him in the wood chiper "
Why. "
Hes plane more skilled in CQC on top of that he should be able to avoid those swords "
See this is why its hard to debate this...What Feats does Lane have????? JPV has been on the scene a long time. 
But i have seen stuff of Lane using good CQC. Was just showing him fighting Cops i think, but he was doing work.
 
Besides, they were trained under the same "Organization" . The System. So It's hard to say who is better in MA
#33 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @slacker the hacker said:
" @TheFlash4740 said:
" @slacker the hacker said:
" JPV takes him in the wood chiper "
Why. "
Hes plane more skilled in CQC on top of that he should be able to avoid those swords "
See this is why its hard to debate this...What Feats does Lane have????? JPV has been on the scene a long time.  But i have seen stuff of Lane using good CQC. Was just showing him fighting Cops i think, but he was doing work.  Besides, they were trained under the same "Organization" . The System. So It's hard to say who is better in MA "
They also both received training to replace Batman, but JPV was actually trained BY batman
#34 Edited by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

Valley never wore the suit if sorrows,and lane isnt powered by the system.the suit was created by peter milligan somewhere around 2006-2007 ,3-4 years after valleys death.
#35 Posted by TheFlash4740 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
Damn Im rusty....I Gotta Read up on Lane again.
#36 Posted by vortex1212 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I think JPV would take the win simply due to greater experience, skill, and better use of equipment. Plus, JPV has been working with at least two personalities in his head for years, and he's had a long time to resign himself to the blood he's shed so he may have some immunity to Lane's magic swords.

#37 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Lane gets the skills of everyone who worn the suit so he does not have an exp disadvantage or a skill disadvantage.

I am not even sure JPV can hurt lane.

#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:

I am not even sure JPV can hurt lane.

Same here.
Moderator
#39 Posted by NottheFacePlease (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I will fall in line with Lane. I've read his series. Not bad, although it got WAY better towards the end with it leading in to the "Judgement on Gotham" Arc.

Jean-Paul Is still one BAMF, and it would be a fight worth sketching.

#40 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Lane should win this but Jean-Paul has more feats to back it up.

In the end, Michael will take this.

#41 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

Lane SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

#42 Posted by Onemoreposter (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

JPV wins. If they do anything else they should bring him back for the DCnU.

#43 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Michael would win by I agree that they should bring back Jean-Paul.

#44 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

JPV wins. If they do anything else they should bring him back for the DCnU.

Valley can't even hurt him,how the heck is he supposed to win?

#45 Posted by JediXMan (27982 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Michael super natural and insanely powerful?

#46 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Isn't Michael super natural and insanely powerful?

YES

#47 Posted by JediXMan (27982 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@JediXMan said:

Isn't Michael super natural and insanely powerful?

YES

All I remember is a scan of him taking on an army while being hit with tank fire without flinching. That and the Damian Wayne oneshot, but that's not canon.
#48 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@JediXMan said:

Isn't Michael super natural and insanely powerful?

YES

All I remember is a scan of him taking on an army while being hit with tank fire without flinching. That and the Damian Wayne oneshot, but that's not canon.

That was'nt Micheal I believe,evidence pointed towards him at that time but recent developments have changed that.I believe it was a rogue clone of Damian(possibly called Heretic).

#49 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to tell who it was but that is not needed. His other feats are far above JPV anyway. He slaughters JPV without breaking a sweat.

#50 Posted by Kurupted13 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@NottheFacePlease: Even though JPV is a BAMF and has way more feats, Lane is just insanely powerfull and i don't think JPV can hurt Lane.

In the end, Michael takes this.