No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Round 1:Outside

• In Character
  • No Prep
  • Starting distance is 50 ft from each other
  • Standard Gear -

• Azrael has his Swords of Sin and Salvation as well as the Suit of Sorrows. Deathstroke has his Volatile Promethium swords, daggers, staff and armor along with a scoped M4, M1911 w/ promethium tipped bullets and 2 frag grenades. Daken has Bone claws. Gorgon has Godkiller.
  • Azrael retains the feats and physicals of both Michael Lane and Jean-Paul Valley (as well as JPV's connection to the System)
  • Deathstroke retains his Post Crisis and New 52 feats.
  • Daken can only use pheromones as a last resort
  • Gorgon can only use stone stare as a last resort
  • Win by KO / Incapacitation / Death

Round 2 :Inside

• Azrael and Deathstroke are In Character
  • Daken and the Gorgon are Blood-Lusted
  • Both Teams Have A Day of Prep - Azrael and Deathstroke prep with knowledge of Team Two's healing factors and mutant abilities, Daken and the Gorgon prep with the League of Assassins
  • Starting distance is 30 ft from each other
  • Prep Gear -
  • Azrael has his Swords of Sin and Salvation, the Flaming Sword of Azrael, Gauntlets w/ Flaming Forearm Daggers, JPVs Armor and the Suit of Sorrows under that. Deathstroke has his New52 Broadsword Volatile Promethium swords, daggers, staff and Promethium armor with his New52 Nth metal Armor on top of that along with guns grenades mines c4 etc. Daken has Muramasa Claws and the Muramasa Blade. The Gorgon has both Godkiller and Grasscutter.
  • Azrael retains the feats and physicals of both Michael Lane and Jean-Paul Valley (as well as JPV's connection to the System)
  • Deathstroke retains his Post Crisis and New 52 feats.
  • Daken can use pheromones whenever
  • Gorgon can use stone stare whenever
  • Win by KO / Incapacitation / Death
oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By oceanmaster21

@ancient_0f_days: i think round 1 goes to deathstroke ane jean but round 2 goes to daken team

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine008

Team Marvel wins a solid majority in round 1. Neither combatant on Team DC can handle a non jobbing Tomi's skill, physicals, battle telapathy, and ridiculous damage soak. Daken himself will also still be a massive contributor to the win due to his own great skill and healing factor.Team DC will win round 2 however. Tomi and Daken have done nothing to suggest that they could handle a prepped Deathstroke.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a side note, it should be awesome to see Gorgon back this February in Avengers World #3 trading shots with Shang Chi.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon solos.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@carter_esque said:

Gorgon solos.

Not even close...I've seen all of Tomi's best feats and he doesn't come close to soloing two highly skilled super human opponents (one with limited precog and the other with swords that could one shot him) such as these, especially in round 2. He could hold his own very well against them both on his own..but he's not going to flat out solo which is why Daken is on his team.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By patrat18
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skaddix

If Lane gets a single hit in it should be good for an instant kill given these 2 are mass murderers.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

Team Marvel wins a solid majority in round 1. Neither combatant on Team DC can handle a non jobbing Tomi's skill, physicals, battle telapathy, and ridiculous damage soak. Daken himself will also still be a massive contributor to the win due to his own great skill and healing factor.Team DC will win round 2 however. Tomi and Daken have done nothing to suggest that they could handle a prepped Deathstroke.

Pretty much this, Gorgon alone would be a good fight, Daken is too much. But I wonder, does DS have info on team 2 for his prep? If not, Gorgon's transmutational abilities could take them out

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 Team Marvel

R2 Team DC

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: should I give team one info on team two's abilities? I think that if I did it'd be too much (if Deathstroke knew about Daken's pheromones, he could get prep help from Poison Ivy and make that ability useless, with Gorgon he can get help from the Riddler, the Penguin or the Joker or someone who can supply him with mirror based illusions, gadgets and such). Team two needs an ace in the hole based on what people are saying about round two, Daken's pheromones and Gorgon's stone stare may be it. Without it, it'd be a much more definitive win for team one ...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Give Deathstroke rudimentary knowledge of Team 2's abilities, but allow no outside help.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: should I give team one info on team two's abilities? I think that if I did it'd be too much (if Deathstroke knew about Daken's pheromones, he could get prep help from Poison Ivy and make that ability useless, with Gorgon he can get help from the Riddler, the Penguin or the Joker or someone who can supply him with mirror based illusions, gadgets and such). Team two needs an ace in the hole based on what people are saying about round two, Daken's pheromones and Gorgon's stone stare may be it. Without it, it'd be a much more definitive win for team one ...

I think that team 2's backup is a little too much though for round 2, Gorgon can theoretically, on shot with his stares, it's a tough call because as you said with knowledge DS can easily take overwhelming precautions, but without, he'll have no idea that Gorgon can simply turn him to stone, I mean, that's such an insta win if he doesn't know it's coming. Gorgon's intellect is superhuman [The guy did create a mathematical formula which proved the existence of God] so he could plan for DS to an extent, I'm not saying his prep is on the level of DS, but he did manage to become supreme Hydra within 6 months, he could handle it combined with his Gorgon stare, telepathy and superior healing factor. But without knowledge DS' prep is at too big of a disadvantage in my opinion, he's going to attack with no knowledge that Gorgon could finish him with a glance.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Give Deathstroke rudimentary knowledge of Team 2's abilities, but allow no outside help.

seems fair.

I think that team 2's backup is a little too much though for round 2, Gorgon can theoretically, on shot with his stares, it's a tough call because as you said with knowledge DS can easily take overwhelming precautions, but without, he'll have no idea that Gorgon can simply turn him to stone, I mean, that's such an insta win if he doesn't know it's coming. Gorgon's intellect is superhuman [The guy did create a mathematical formula which proved the existence of God] so he could plan for DS to an extent, I'm not saying his prep is on the level of DS, but he did manage to become supreme Hydra within 6 months, he could handle it combined with his Gorgon stare, telepathy and superior healing factor. But without knowledge DS' prep is at too big of a disadvantage in my opinion, he's going to attack with no knowledge that Gorgon could finish him with a glance.

I see....the new edit should fix this issue

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days:

Good fix. Team 1 should just about win now, DS & Azrael are going to prepare well, he could cover his suit in mirror panels if he wanted to, possibly make them so that he can flick them on and off or something, when Gorgon's about to do that just flick a switch, or just use his sword. I'm not entirely sure about the nature of Daken's pheromones, I don't think it's ever been properly clarified, But a filter in his & Azrael's mask should nullify its effects. Gorgon is still the superior fighter though in my opinion, with a very solid healing factor [tanking 6 claws in the chest without being even slightly slowed down], Daken is skilled, but I don't think he's as good as any of these guys to be honest, if only by a relatively slim margin. His hf will be his saving Grace. Giving team 1 the majority 6/10 for round 2. I think team 2 take round 1 soundly.

Gorgon's big problem is that he is a serious jobber, which is a potential extraneous variable in the fight and could cause them to lose round 1 a few times.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Lanes durability like? IIRC he's tanked an RPG, but how does he do against stabbing weapons? Not sure if Gorgon and dakens healing factor will work with the sword of sin, IIRC doesn't that sword burn peoples soul?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

What Lanes durability like? IIRC he's tanked an RPG, but how does he do against stabbing weapons? Not sure if Gorgon and dakens healing factor will work with the sword of sin, IIRC doesn't that sword burn peoples soul?

yes, it doesn't cause bodily harm. Those swords judge the victims as righteous or wicked, the righteous live through it but the wicked.....well, Dick Grayson (as Batman) got stabbed and stated "you said only the wicked die by the sword of sin"...but Azrael then stated "but yet you are dying" to some extent I think the righteous can still be incapacitated by the Sword of Sin but the wicked actually do die ... What I'm counting on is Daken's and the Gorgon's speed advantage to mostly dodge or block the swords.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

bump

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think with Deathstroke having rudimentary on Team 2's abilities and skills the majority team 2 could take would either be reduced to a slim on depending on who matches up with who. If Daken tries to take Deathstroke, I would give Team DC the majority. Daken is indeed a threat, but to make a comparison here, Deathstroke would be a relatively close shave for the real deal (Daken's father Wolverine) despite James ultimately taking a majority over Deathstroke, and Daken has shown in his last two encounters with his pappy that he just doesn't have what it takes to hang with him whether Logan is holding back or going all out. And I honestly don't think Daken would do much better against Slade than he did against his father. He'd most likely get dropped, and the combined might of Azarel and Deathstroke would be enough to take Tomi. If Daken went for Azarel, and Tomi took on Deathstroke, Team Marvel would ultimately take the majority. Slade would get beaten fairly handily by Gorgon in a random encounter, but with his knowledge on Tomi, I could see him doing things like fighting blind (Which he did told Black Canary he could do after she temporarily blinded him), and how he fought Terra by feeling the Earth's vibrations. In the end though, I still think the combination of Tomi's top tier fighting skill, considerably better physicals, battle telepathy, and X factor in the stone stare would still be too much for Slade, and Daken should be able to drop Azarel for the majority.

Still backing Team DC in round 2 with all that prep for Deathstroke.