This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by KingOfAsh (3588 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Azathoth created the Lovecraft Omniverse and all the Elder Gods (including Yog Sothoth), there's debate that Yog Sothoth is actually the Master of the Lovecraft omniverse. Who would you say the Lovecraftian equivilent of The One Above All/The Precense is?

Yog Sothoth
Azathoth

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Lovecraft himself, Yog-Sothoth is the offspring of Azathoth. And Azathoth is generally accepted as the ruler of the Outer Gods. Truth be told, I'm honestly not sure, mainly because Lovecraft's Mythos is vague and used more as a storytelling tool than an organized pantheon, but I think Azathoth would be the closest to a 'supreme deity'.

#3 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't recall who but one of them was called omnipotent the other omnisceint, obviously the omnipotent one wins whom i think was yog sothoth. Lovercraft entities are extremely powerful.

#4 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9949 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Azathoth was more powerful

#5 Edited by Scoop316 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Azathoth is the true TOAA in Lovecraft, but the thing is, he's a mad god who doesn't think. Sothoth is the one who actually does stuff. He's kind of like the Living Tribunal to Azathoth's TOAA, except this TOAA doesn't do anything.

At least, that's my understanding.

#6 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8823 posts) - - Show Bio

Azatoth wins, even as the blind idiot god. A single convulsion from noticing another being can annihilate the universe.

#7 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Azathoth wins.

#8 Posted by addikhabbo (156 posts) - - Show Bio

You sure about that?

#9 Edited by JwwProd (9239 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by KingOfAsh (3588 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, someone bumped my thread! I feel special!

#11 Posted by JwwProd (9239 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this thread shouldn't have been bumped because Azathoth is equal to TOAA so he shouldn't be used in the battle forums.

#12 Posted by KingOfAsh (3588 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod said:

@kingofash said:

Well this thread shouldn't have been bumped because Azathoth is equal to TOAA so he shouldn't be used in the battle forums.

Yes, but it still makes me feel good