#1 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

This battle is between the current main team of avengers and the extinction team of x-men

-Group battle

-Morals on

-No prep time

-Setting is in pocket universe in roman Colosseum

-Hope can only copy the powers of her own teammates(3 at any given time)

-Red Hulk's absorbing powers only work on teammates

-No BFR

-No weapons other than powers(Soulsword is an exception)

Avengers: Quake, Protector, Red Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Spider Woman, Vision, Hawkeye

vs

X-men: Storm, Colossus(Juggernaut), Namor, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Danger, Magneto, Magik, Hope

#2 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Question who has Telepathic resistance besides Stark and I assume Vision? Still I say Extinction Team

#3 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Quake has psi-shields, thor has mental resistence. thats all

#4 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

So then about half the avengers get wiped out by Frost. Magneto drops Stark and Vision. Quake gets taken out by blast attacks. All in all leaves Thor fighting all of the Extinction Team pretty quickly.

#5 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

So then about half the avengers get wiped out by Frost. Magneto drops Stark and Vision. Quake gets taken out by blast attacks. All in all leaves Thor fighting all of the Extinction Team pretty quickly.

Maybe Iron Man can repeat what he did to Frost in AvX but that i suppose was mostly due to prep.

Also arent hulk' suppose to have TP resistant?

Online
#6 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men have more heavy hitters than the Avengers, so I vote them.

#7 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Skaddix said:

So then about half the avengers get wiped out by Frost. Magneto drops Stark and Vision. Quake gets taken out by blast attacks. All in all leaves Thor fighting all of the Extinction Team pretty quickly.

Maybe Iron Man can repeat what he did to Frost in AvX but that i suppose was mostly due to prep.

Also arent hulk' suppose to have TP resistant?

Well Thanos owned Hulk. Still not sure Rulk has very many feats in that category. Still they can always have Namor keep him busy while everyone else pounds on Thor.

#8 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

Well Thanos owned Hulk. Still not sure Rulk has very many feats in that category. Still they can always have Namor keep him busy while everyone else pounds on Thor.

Thanos just mind controlled hulk for a short period and then again you cant compare thanos with Emma Frost, who at one point albiet thanks to help almost mindraped Galactus.

Well i think the X-men would win i was just commenting based on people saying Emma can mindrape the half of the team. As far as i am concerned anyone who needs to breath can have their oxygen blocked by Danger using hard light construct. Hope could use most of their powers against them.

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

The X-Men have more heavy hitters than the Avengers, so I vote them.

The only real heavy hitter in their team is colossus and Danger while Avengers have Rulk, Iron Man, Thor and Vision.

Online
#9 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Really Magneto less of heavy hitter then Vision or Iron Man? Hope is not a heavy hitter? Namor is not? I have trouble with your analysis. But yes Danger can block oxygen although Storm can do that as well so not really that hard.

Although I suppose its easy to sort the Avengers into Street or Powerhouses. Not so much for X-men

#10 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Skaddix said:

Well Thanos owned Hulk. Still not sure Rulk has very many feats in that category. Still they can always have Namor keep him busy while everyone else pounds on Thor.

Thanos just mind controlled hulk for a short period and then again you cant compare thanos with Emma Frost, who at one point albiet thanks to help almost mindraped Galactus.

Well i think the X-men would win i was just commenting based on people saying Emma can mindrape the half of the team. As far as i am concerned anyone who needs to breath can have their oxygen blocked by Danger using hard light construct. Hope could use most of their powers against them.

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

The X-Men have more heavy hitters than the Avengers, so I vote them.

The only real heavy hitter in their team is colossus and Danger while Avengers have Rulk, Iron Man, Thor and Vision.

BY heavy hitters, I meant people who are super powerful in general, not only physical (phrasing :P)

Iron Man, Vision, and Thor are the only real potential threats on The Avengers. I'm not saying the rest are weak or anything, but in a full on battle they wouldn't last too long against people like Emma Frost, Colossus in Jug form, Magneto, Danger and Hope.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Agreed!

Online
#12 Edited by chiq (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

Extinction Team wins.

Emma can mindrape.

Danger can morph use hard light constructs and most things iron man can do as well absorb tech.

Colossus can go into demon mode. Magik can port her brother all over the place on top of Rulk or Thor. Magento can turn him into a flyer.

Magik even out of Iimbo can light people on fire, cast illusions, teleport people and objects all over the place, send in demon hordes for back up,

Create magical barriers w/c prevent kitty from phasing might work against vision, She has a lot of magical feats outside Limbo.She also has the Soul Sword which can gut Thor and her portals can shield them from a blasts, sheild tosses or hammer throws..

Mags can rip vision apart and creates shields Magneto can turn colossus into a giant wrecking ball...

Hope can get Magneto's, Emma's, Storms and Magik's ( limited to teleportation no magic) powers and created havok.

add Storm, Namor and Cyke...

They have better shields with Magik and Mags using BFR and Magnetic shields...

3 x-people can confuse them with illusions or holograms...emma, danger and magik

However Protector and Ironman might be able to hack into Danger and turn her against them. Well you have Mags to deal with her. Emma and Hope tag team Thor and Magik ports in from behind with the Soul Sword.

Online
#13 Edited by BMEZY (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be Hope's best interest to copy/mimic Emma's tp powers and work with her to overwhelm the avengers with tp resistance;resistance doesn't equate to immunity..(with time and suffient force, like two tp users on the psi level of charles/jean a few of these people can be overwhelmed). Protected by Magneto's shields, I think Emma could break some of those strongholds if Hope was helping her. That would the X men.

#14 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

#15 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

#16 Posted by Pwok21 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Namor could stalemate Thor, at least with Hope on their side as well?

Thor isn't soloing here.

#17 Posted by chiq (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Nope.

Online
#18 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Namor could stalemate Thor, at least with Hope on their side as well?

Thor isn't soloing here.

namor would NOT stalemate thor.

#19 Posted by Pwok21 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Namor could stalemate Thor, at least with Hope on their side as well?

Thor isn't soloing here.

namor would NOT stalemate thor.

Any particular reasons why? He could stalemate Sentry long enough for Frost to reawaken Bob from the Void.

Sentry was stronger than Thor, and only died due to PIS.

#20 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Namor could stalemate Thor, at least with Hope on their side as well?

Thor isn't soloing here.

namor would NOT stalemate thor.

Any particular reasons why? He could stalemate Sentry long enough for Frost to reawaken Bob from the Void.

Sentry was stronger than Thor, and only died due to PIS.

maybe he could stalemate sentry because that was PIS too? seriously namor has trouble with thing.

#21 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has more than just TP resistance ... he pretty much immune. He's only, to my knowledge, been enchanted by the Enchantress (another goddess) and seduced by Moondragon. He's recently stated in Wolverine and the X-Men #12 that should a human (mutants included) try to delve too deeply into his mind and tamper, they would go mad or be destroyed.

That said, Thor is obviously the MvP here by far. Followed by Red Hulk IMO. There are literally dozens of ways this fight could go down. I just see the greater diversity of powers on the Extinction team as being too much for the Avengers TBH. Magneto is insanely powerful these days. Emma's TP would wreak absolute havok.

Namor could tango with Red Hulk or Thor for a while (though he wouldn't last too long against Thor). Colossonaut could contain Thor as well and outright beat Red Hulk while their teammates clean house.

This would come down to Thor versus the majority of the Extinction team. Maybe Thor would be enough if written to the best of his abilities (as per forum rules) ... who knows? Not I.

#22 Posted by Pwok21 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Namor could stalemate Thor, at least with Hope on their side as well?

Thor isn't soloing here.

namor would NOT stalemate thor.

Any particular reasons why? He could stalemate Sentry long enough for Frost to reawaken Bob from the Void.

Sentry was stronger than Thor, and only died due to PIS.

maybe he could stalemate sentry because that was PIS too? seriously namor has trouble with thing.

Are you talking about the abomination that was AvX? That fight was so much PIS it was ridiculous.

Namor has taken on the Hulk before and he loses to the Thing... UNDERWATER!

#23 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Namor could stalemate Thor, at least with Hope on their side as well?

Thor isn't soloing here.

namor would NOT stalemate thor.

Any particular reasons why? He could stalemate Sentry long enough for Frost to reawaken Bob from the Void.

Sentry was stronger than Thor, and only died due to PIS.

maybe he could stalemate sentry because that was PIS too? seriously namor has trouble with thing.

Are you talking about the abomination that was AvX? That fight was so much PIS it was ridiculous.

Namor has taken on the Hulk before and he loses to the Thing... UNDERWATER!

not that. in the past.

#24 Edited by chiq (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Thor has more than just TP resistance ... he pretty much immune. He's only, to my knowledge, been enchanted by the Enchantress (another goddess) and seduced by Moondragon. He's recently stated in Wolverine and the X-Men #12 that should a human (mutants included) try to delve too deeply into his mind and tamper, they would go mad or be destroyed.

That said, Thor is obviously the MvP here by far. Followed by Red Hulk IMO. There are literally dozens of ways this fight could go down. I just see the greater diversity of powers on the Extinction team as being too much for the Avengers TBH. Magneto is insanely powerful these days. Emma's TP would wreak absolute havok.

Namor could tango with Red Hulk or Thor for a while (though he wouldn't last too long against Thor). Colossonaut could contain Thor as well and outright beat Red Hulk while their teammates clean house.

This would come down to Thor versus the majority of the Extinction team. Maybe Thor would be enough if written to the best of his abilities (as per forum rules) ... who knows? Not I.

The Soul Sword would be the no. 1 weapon vs Thor. It's the one sure thing that can take him out.

Online
#25 Posted by Pwok21 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@KainScion said:

@Pwok21 said:

@202122 said:

@ripcurl said:

Too much power on the extinction team, X-men win.

But Thor beats any of them one-on-one.

Thor would beat the entire team if not for colossonaut

Namor could stalemate Thor, at least with Hope on their side as well?

Thor isn't soloing here.

namor would NOT stalemate thor.

Any particular reasons why? He could stalemate Sentry long enough for Frost to reawaken Bob from the Void.

Sentry was stronger than Thor, and only died due to PIS.

maybe he could stalemate sentry because that was PIS too? seriously namor has trouble with thing.

Are you talking about the abomination that was AvX? That fight was so much PIS it was ridiculous.

Namor has taken on the Hulk before and he loses to the Thing... UNDERWATER!

not that. in the past.

Fair enough, but I feel that he could stalemate Thor, despite having problems with the Thing.

If not then Magic kills him vie Soulsword teleport.

#26 Edited by Spydey (401 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no water here, so Namor's not a problem. Namor can go die. I hate Namor. With so much of a passion. Thor would have to take out Emma fast. Which I believe he could. I think Stark would still be able to do what he did in AvX. I mean, there's no prep time, but i doubt that's a gadget he'd just drop from his arsenal. So TP attacks are out. Emma's probably only relying on diamond form here. And Hope is..whatever else she can do. I'm going to give it to the Avengers really. Magneto and Colossus being their biggest threat. Maybe Magik. Maybe Storm too.

FYI, I'm watching Beyblade right now and this ish is kerrraazy. I have NO idea what's going on. They do realize these are toys, right?

"You have no idea what I'm going through."

"No I don't."

"No...you don't." < Like really? Idk. I just wanted to say that.

#27 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spydey said:

There's no water here, so Namor's not a problem. Namor can go die. I hate Namor. With so much of a passion. Thor would have to take out Emma fast. Which I believe he could. I think Stark would still be able to do what he did in AvX. I mean, there's no prep time, but i doubt that's a gadget he'd just drop from his arsenal. So TP attacks are out. Emma's probably only relying on diamond form here. And Hope is..whatever else she can do. I'm going to give it to the Avengers really. Magneto and Colossus being their biggest threat. Maybe Magik. Maybe Storm too.

FYI, I'm watching Beyblade right now and this ish is kerrraazy. I have NO idea what's going on. They do realize these are toys, right?

"You have no idea what I'm going through."

"No I don't."

"No...you don't." < Like really? Idk. I just wanted to say that.

Beyblade is crazy all those monsters coming out of nowhere and where the hell are those kids parents I mean there like 12 years old and they travel the word being attacked by dragons and other mythological creatures

@Pwok21: Thor weilds Mjolnir for a bit and Namor is down give me a reason that Namor could stalemate the God of Thunder!

#28 Posted by Spydey (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122: Fact. In japanese cartoons, you become irrelevant and useless after you turn 18. It's like 16 is everyone's prime age in those cartoons.

#29 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Thor has more than just TP resistance ... he pretty much immune. He's only, to my knowledge, been enchanted by the Enchantress (another goddess) and seduced by Moondragon. He's recently stated in Wolverine and the X-Men #12 that should a human (mutants included) try to delve too deeply into his mind and tamper, they would go mad or be destroyed.

That said, Thor is obviously the MvP here by far. Followed by Red Hulk IMO. There are literally dozens of ways this fight could go down. I just see the greater diversity of powers on the Extinction team as being too much for the Avengers TBH. Magneto is insanely powerful these days. Emma's TP would wreak absolute havok.

Namor could tango with Red Hulk or Thor for a while (though he wouldn't last too long against Thor). Colossonaut could contain Thor as well and outright beat Red Hulk while their teammates clean house.

This would come down to Thor versus the majority of the Extinction team. Maybe Thor would be enough if written to the best of his abilities (as per forum rules) ... who knows? Not I.

The Soul Sword would be the no. 1 weapon vs Thor. It's the one sure thing that can take him out.

Be interesting to see how that would work out for Magik. Have we seen Thor effected by it in the past?

#30 Posted by XMenStormWolverine (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@amalgamuniverse: x men

#31 Posted by Saren (25610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Thor has more than just TP resistance ... he pretty much immune. He's only, to my knowledge, been enchanted by the Enchantress (another goddess) and seduced by Moondragon. He's recently stated in Wolverine and the X-Men #12 that should a human (mutants included) try to delve too deeply into his mind and tamper, they would go mad or be destroyed.

He's also had his mind turned inside out by Rachel Geist most recently in the Mighty Thor annual. Thor claiming that Marvel Girl going into his mind would drive her insane is just a weird thing to say, no one else has ever had that problem. Aaron just makes up whatever he wants. Nor has Thor ever been TP immune. Resistant, sure.

Moderator
#32 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6238 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Thor has more than just TP resistance ... he pretty much immune. He's only, to my knowledge, been enchanted by the Enchantress (another goddess) and seduced by Moondragon. He's recently stated in Wolverine and the X-Men #12 that should a human (mutants included) try to delve too deeply into his mind and tamper, they would go mad or be destroyed.

He's also had his mind turned inside out by Rachel Geist most recently in the Mighty Thor annual. Thor claiming that Marvel Girl going into his mind would drive her insane is just a weird thing to say, no one else has ever had that problem. Aaron just makes up whatever he wants. Nor has Thor ever been TP immune. Resistant, sure.

Fair enough.

#33 Edited by chiq (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@chiq said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Thor has more than just TP resistance ... he pretty much immune. He's only, to my knowledge, been enchanted by the Enchantress (another goddess) and seduced by Moondragon. He's recently stated in Wolverine and the X-Men #12 that should a human (mutants included) try to delve too deeply into his mind and tamper, they would go mad or be destroyed.

That said, Thor is obviously the MvP here by far. Followed by Red Hulk IMO. There are literally dozens of ways this fight could go down. I just see the greater diversity of powers on the Extinction team as being too much for the Avengers TBH. Magneto is insanely powerful these days. Emma's TP would wreak absolute havok.

Namor could tango with Red Hulk or Thor for a while (though he wouldn't last too long against Thor). Colossonaut could contain Thor as well and outright beat Red Hulk while their teammates clean house.

This would come down to Thor versus the majority of the Extinction team. Maybe Thor would be enough if written to the best of his abilities (as per forum rules) ... who knows? Not I.

The Soul Sword would be the no. 1 weapon vs Thor. It's the one sure thing that can take him out.

Be interesting to see how that would work out for Magik. Have we seen Thor effected by it in the past?

well it's worked on Mephisto and Archenemy. It's harmed and killed a lot of magical beings. She was actually able to hold of Cap, Thor and black knight with the sword at the same time. they weren't going all out though...

Online
#34 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10306 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning toward the Extinction team for the majority.

#35 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos.

#36 Posted by adamTRMM (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what Soulsword will do to Thor?

Anyway, I will give this to ET. If instead of Spider Woman and Hawkeye were powerhouses, that would be a tougher call.

Online