Winner by K.O

Who wins

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jean solos, none of the Avengers have any TP resistance.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shatiquego582

@esquire: has movie jean shown the ability to tp multiple People at ounce cause if not then hawkeye would just put an arrow in her head

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Esquire

@shatiquego582: Been close to a decade since I watched the movies, so I really have no idea at this point. But Jean looks like the lowest threat, (besides maybe Kitty), so I doubt Hawkeye will be shooting at her straight off. Colossus can body-shield her, Wolverine can soak literally dozens of arrows as he showed this summer, and Storm's winds will wreak havoc with Clint's accuracy. Plus, he has to deal with Cyclops' blasts. On the whole, I don't see Jean going down before she takes down a pretty decent chunk of the Avengers, quite possibly all of them. And since the big hitters all look like big hitters, Jean's going to target them first. The X-Men won't really have trouble with Cap, Widow, or Hawkeye, and I don't see them taking out Jean before she can get through the higher tier.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: cap could handle wolverine with no problem and jean wouldn't be able to hold thor and hulk both back and one of them would break there defenses with ease I mean if she tp's hulk thor will just throw mjiolner in her chest killing her and if she tp's thor then hulk s free to act and we all know how that goes besides jean has no combat training much like most of the x-men also widow and hawkeye would probably provide over watch and wolverine can be knocked out with a good shot to the head so all the xmen would be too busy to cover them plus both sides gotta worry about civvies getting hurt in the cross fire so could go either way

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582:

cap could handle wolverine with no problem

Steve should take a handy majority, but Wolverine's durability and healing factor should be sufficient to let him tank a lot of Cap's blows, especially factoring in his demonstrated ability to block things as quick as Barakapool's eyebeams with his claws, which should let him block shield throws. Cap should win through attrition, but it will take a long time. The rest of the battle would be decided before their was a resolution to this conflict.

and jean wouldn't be able to hold thor and hulk both back and one of them would break there defenses with ease I mean if she tp's hulk thor will just throw mjiolner in her chest killing her

Not in-character. Thor isn't going to kill a Midgardian woman, he won't use Mjolnir on her at all. Assuming Jean uses her TP on Hulk, Thor is more than likely going to go after Colossus, since Piotr would be the largest and most intimidating target, so Thor would assume he was the most worthy of fighting the God of Thunder. There is no way Thor goes straight for a hammer throw at Jean.

and if she tp's thor then hulk s free to act and we all know how that goes

Cyclops and Storm should be able to toss him around long enough for Jean to take down Thor, and then she can take down Hulk. Hulk's mass wasn't demonstrated to be that huge, at least as far as I can remember, and Storm was able to lift Jean with ease when she was trying to keep her winds to a minimum. She should be able to toss Hulk around for a while.

besides jean has no combat training much like most of the x-men

As shown in X-Men, the school trains them quite a bit, even if it's not strictly in combat. And she has a fair bit of combat experience from the events of the movies. But this isn't particularly relevant, since she won't be going hand to hand or anything. She's going to stay at range and use her psionics.

also widow and hawkeye would probably provide over watch

But will have a lot of trouble dodging Cyc's optic blasts and Storm's lightning and winds. They'll be hard-pressed to damage Wolverine or Colossus, and they can't hurt Kitty and have no answer for Jean's TK or TP. Neither Clint nor Natasha have much to contribute here.

and wolverine can be knocked out with a good shot to the head

He tanked multiple bullets to the head from Agent Zero during X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so I wouldn't say this is a given.

so all the xmen would be too busy to cover them plus both sides gotta worry about civvies getting hurt in the cross fire so could go either way

The same arguments apply to the Avengers, so they shouldn't make much of a difference. There's really nothing to keep Kitty from turning herself and Jean intangible, then letting Jean take down all of the Avengers with TP. None of the Avengers have telepathy, nor do they have a way to hurt Kitty and Jean while they're phased. Nothing the Avengers can do. X-Men win 9 or 10/10.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Jean grey would be a problem but Hulk has a resistance to Tp and if she is out the fight would be easy for the avengers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

@kgb725 said:

Only Jean grey would be a problem but Hulk has a resistance to Tp and if she is out the fight would be easy for the avengers

Prove it. Prove that movie Hulk has any resistance to TP.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

It's been ages since I've seen the X-Men films, mostly cause I don't like them, but when has Jean actually used TP in battle? Has she ever shut someone's mind down? Or anything similar? Assuming this is non Phoenix Jean, the only thing I remember her doing is using TK, and if that's the case, Thor solos by dropping lightning on all of them, and if Storm has anything to say about it, she catches a hammer to the face.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JediXMan  Moderator
@kgb725 said:

@jedixman: Prove he doesn't

... because he has not displayed the ability to resist any sort of telepathic intrusion in the movie universe. That's why.

Nice deflection, but it failed. Now, I believe it's time for you to give your evidence - like you should have in the first place.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It's been ages since I've seen the X-Men films, mostly cause I don't like them, but when has Jean actually used TP in battle? Has she ever shut someone's mind down? Or anything similar? Assuming this is non Phoenix Jean, the only thing I remember her doing is using TK, and if that's the case, Thor solos by dropping lightning on all of them, and if Storm has anything to say about it, she catches a hammer to the face.

Don't believe she has.

I'm not actually taking a side here. Just pointing out flawed arguments.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RBT

Depends.

@shatiquego582: Do the Avengers know what are the powers of each X Men before the fight? If yes then they can win. Otherwise, they won't go for a girl who's just standing there when there's a lady creating havoc with weather, a guy with blades sticking out of his hand and another guy firing lasers.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: He hasn't faced one either so it doesn't matter what either of us say

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JediXMan  Moderator
@kgb725 said:

@jedixman: He hasn't faced one either so it doesn't matter what either of us say

It does. If he has not displayed the ability to do something, that means he can't - end of story.

That logic is the same thing as, "Black Widow is immune to bullets. She hasn't been hit by one, so we don't know what would happen if a bullet went through her brain." See why that logic fails?

So, until there's evidence to prove he's immune, he's not. That's the bottom line.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I don't think Jean is powerful enough to take Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man. I don't remember her showing the ability to control anyone when not possessed by Phoenix. Hulk or Thor should be enough to drop the rest of the team.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers maybe.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thanosii

@the_stegman: she mindraped the entire Xmen team including prof x and shut down their powers so they couldn't stop her, all this while levitating the xmen jet and holding back over 100000 tons of water.

So yeah she can solo here easily, seeing as hawk eye was mindraped by Loki, and so was everyone on the avengers when Loki wanted them to fight each other on the helicarrier

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

2nd x-men movie when the dam broke near the end of the movie. At this point though she started manifesting her phoenix powers.

Question for the topic, since in the movie version the Phoenix is not a cosmic entity that united with her but rather a manifestation of her own powers, wouldn't that mean the jean we are using is "phoenix" jean?

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: I don't recall the whole holding back everyone's powers but I do remember everything else so yea and even as impressive of a feat that is she still won't be able to hold hulk and thor back I mean mjiolner is supposed to weigh as much as star and out weighs the earth and all the people on it and hulk just gets stronger the angrier he gets so

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: In that case X Men wins. She'd just control Thor to fight against Avengers.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thanosii

@shatiquego582: if you remember that teleporting guy saying " I can't she wont let me" when Scott asked him to get her? She was clearly suppressing his power. Thor as well as hulk have shown vulnerability to being mentally manipulated so she can mind control the entire team to fight hulk if he proves difficult. Either way Jean solos everyday and twice on Sunday

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Guardiandevil83
Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bo88gdan

Avengers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which version of Jean? Are we using phoenix jean? Or are we using Jean when her power was suppressed by Xavior?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avengers methinks, too many heavy hitters.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: jean has not shown the ability to mind control anyone but just being bale to read minds and move objects with thought that is all and hold hold objects back

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shatiquego582

@thanosii: I don't think so mjiolner ways as much as a dieing star and hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets also jean who was tappin into the Phoneix force was still struggling to hold back the water and pick the jet up so I doubt she could hold them back for long

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Wardemon32

If Thor hits them with lightning while their intangible I believe they would become tangible again. And what TP feats does Jean Grey has? Videos?

Edit: And couldn't Jarvis work for himself meaning that even if she mind controls tony she still has to get through to Tony? This would mean he can still call in all of his other suits to help them in battle.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men, just because of Jean. She will instantly go for the stronger Avengers (Thor, Hulk) And then the others can take the mortals.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By _Atomikill_

@wardemon32: Well, the huge green monster and the guy summoning lightning from the skies might be a hint.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men stomp thanks to Jean despite the avengers being given more heavy hitters because of reasons already given

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gularte2000:

Thor just doesn't really summon lighing in his fight as soon as it starts. And Iron-Man can take on Thor so I wouldn't say he's jst another "weakling"

I would say Avengers win becuase Thor is shown to throw his hammer a lot so theres already a 1/6 chance that she is getting hit which is an instand death. She also has no control over Mjhoir.

Then you have Iron-Man who can work without Tony(Jarvis) and this can be proven with "Iron-Man 3" since Tony didn't have to be in his armours to fly them.

Hulk......

1. Has Jean ever been shown to stop people from movement in any of the movies?
  2. Has she ever really shown to have powerful TK?
  3. Has she ever shown the ability to mind control?

If so video proof?

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HyperViper97

@wardemon32: don't have video but I have decent memory of x2. Held back and reflected bloodlusted(mind controlled) cyclops optics, then lifted a jet while stopping Nightcrawler from teleporting and keeping all the doors shut, all while stopping a flood. Yeah jean can do some work

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its Phoenix jean, x men win. He can instantly kill hake he and black widow ( like she did to all of the guards and mutants in x3) and probably can dispatch tony with little effort. If its regular jean, then the avengers win with low to mid difficulty

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look how little effort it took for Xavier to freeze an entire room of people when he didn't need to be that precise and imagine how easy it would be to just make them go to sleep in comparison.

Switching off powers and leaving them with the ability to move so they could leave is a high level TP move.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: we only know jean can turn off MUTANT powers not powers they archived and no one in the avengers have powers

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shatiquego582

@hyperviper97: I don't remember her mind controlling cyclops just dodging and she struggled to hold the jet and the wave at ounce

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperviper97:

then lifted a jet while stopping Nightcrawler from teleporting and keeping all the doors shut, all while stopping a flood

Hulk can lift a tank and throw it over a mile. And I doubt her TP is going to work on Hulk or Thor. Especially Thors hammer so about all of her TK feats are somewhat irrelevant.

Held back and reflected bloodlusted(mind controlled) cyclops optics,

This would be a good arguement if Thor wasn't here and it was just Iron-Man. But that is a pretty good feat being that Cyclops can tear through buildings and stuff(But that's not canon so I'm not sure if that counts) but if he has any other good feats then I guess that should be taken into account.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32:

1. This is Avenger's Iron Man. So Mark 7 Armor was his most advanced suit at the time, and he had no control over the other suits. That was something he built in later.

2. Thor would be pretty noticeable as a powerful being. Especially because he would loudly declare duel, most likely, or start swinging his hammer. Either way, it is pretty easy for him to attract attention.

Loading Video...

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Noone301994

Round 1:

Iron Man vs Cyclops: Iron Man (fairly quickly)

Wolverine vs. Captain America: Wolverine

Hulk vs. Jean Grey: Jean

Kitty Pryde vs Black Widow: Black Widow

Thor vs. Storm: Thor reflects her thunder and KO's her within seconds.

Collosus vs. Hawkeye: Colossus

Round 2:

Wolverine vs. Iron Man: Iron Man (missiles)

Jean Grey vs. Black Widow: Jean

Thor vs. Colossus: Thor

Round 3:

Iron Man and Thor vs. Jean Grey: Team wins.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RBT

@shatiquego582: She did mind control Xavier in the end of second movie, when she supposedly died.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@rbt said:

@shatiquego582: She did mind control Xavier in the end of second movie, when she supposedly died.

True. She did it under strain while holding up the water and right after restarting the Jet.

Before the Phoenix fully manifested, I should mention.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: unless anyone can provide any TP resistance feat from avengers they lose everyday time and twice on Sunday. Their power levels are insignificant when they can be controlled to kill each other. Xmen 11/10 and this coming from a Thor supporter

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone please show a video of her controlling someone if you can't oh well

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gularte2000:

1. This is Avenger's Iron Man. So Mark 7 Armor was his most advanced suit at the time, and he had no control over the other suits. That was something he built in later.

Avengers Iron-Man and Iron-Man are the same thing...

2. Thor would be pretty noticeable as a powerful being. Especially because he would loudly declare duel, most likely, or start swinging his hammer. Either way, it is pretty easy for him to attract attention.

She would have to think about all of this. You have a big Green guy, a guy with a Hammer, and a guy with a suit built with rockets. So that arguement is void....

And when does he "loudly declare duel"? And how is she stopping his hammer once he throws it?

And that video is invalid since we are using Jean and not Pheonix Jean which means only X-Men 1 & 2 feats.