This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio
Avengers

VS

X-Men
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • No prep
  • In character 
  • Starting 20 feet away in unpopulated times square
  • Avengers:: Storm, Iron Man, Vision, Hawkeye, Spider Woman, Captain America 
  • X-Men:: Rouge [Ms Marvel powers] Magneto, Cyclops, Emma, Gambit, Shadowcat 
Who wins and why?
Please use logic and reasoning
#2 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with X-Men.

#3 Posted by chiq (1946 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto solos...

#4 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Iron Man could speedblitz Magneto from the start, I think the X-Men would win. Magneto could solo. If not for him, I think the Avengers would take the majority.

#5 Edited by chiq (1946 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto has reacted to both quicksilver and Northstar. He can take on Iron Man's blitz.... yup mags is the game changer here. Don't see the Avengers taking out kitty either. well/ maybe with sonics...not sure if she is affected by it when she is intangible.

#6 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty should still be effected by sonics. Being intangible doesn't protect her hearing to my knowledge.

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, feel free to murder me, but Iron Man's Bleeding Edge armour is more than capable of counter-acting Magneto's powers. The armour can control the electro-magnetic spectrum of a certain distance. 

I could be wrong, though. *How-do-I-shot-web? pose*

#8 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Magneto solos...

#9 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men.

#10 Edited by chiq (1946 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm interesting. In the latest magneto comic tony had to wear a rubber suit of armor to a meeting w/ mags. They had a heated exchange of words...with Mags threatening to destroy avengers mansion across the street and Tony had to let Mags leave. I admit i don't know the full capabilites of his new armor though..tony with a suit of rubber is quite funny...

#11 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men ftw.

#12 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto solos. X-men easily.

#13 Posted by SC (12977 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue solos. Emma's diamond body + diamond fist + Cyclops optic blast + Fourth of July. Then Magneto's spherical shield + Kitty's phase walking  = Hamster ball. Then she can just run threw Vision and Iron Man for the mechanical meltdown. Then Gambit's Charm powers to counter Jessica Drew's pheromone powers = Hawkeye's jealousy makes him stab himself in the brain with an explosive arrow then he exploded taking Storm from behind. Out as well I mean. They both explode. Doombots. Uhm..... 

#14 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Okay, feel free to murder me, but Iron Man's Bleeding Edge armour is more than capable of counter-acting Magneto's powers. The armour can control the electro-magnetic spectrum of a certain distance.

In Magneto: Not A Hero #1, Iron Man had to change his armor to rubber before dealing with Magneto, and Erik still humiliated him in his own home.

#15 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

In Magneto: Not A Hero #1, Iron Man had to change his armor to rubber before dealing with Magneto, and Erik still humiliated him in his own home.

Wow. I was under the impression he could protect himself by messing with the electromagnetic field in his suit. Thanks for the update.
#16 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men are the most powerfull team on Marvel Earth.

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stronger said:

you sure about that??
#18 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Stronger said:

you sure about that??

Yes.

The most powerful team on Marvel Universe are The Annihilators, in my opinion.

On Marvel earth,it goes to the X-men.

#19 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto won't solo. IM is immune to his powers.

The key is Emma. She will take out Storm,Cap,Hawkeye and Spider Woman from the start. 
Rogue can hold Iron Man for some time. 
Magneto should take out Vision very easily. 

So whole X-Men vs. Iron Man.  It won't be easy, but X-Men should win.

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

In Children's Crusade, a kid with the same armor as Iron Man's current suit put Magneto and Doom for a pit-stop simultaneously. True story.

Just because a writer doen't know squat about Iron Man in Magneto's own title, it doesn't mean it's accurate.
#21 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stronger said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Stronger said:

you sure about that??

Yes.

what about groups of the avengers, the defenders and so on, its true the X-Men are usually referred to earths mightiest team (instead of heroes) but I think this always plays on the fact that they are a tight knit family as opposed to individual heroes that get together to fight evil
#22 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Stronger said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Stronger said:

you sure about that??

Yes.

what about groups of the avengers, the defenders and so on, its true the X-Men are usually referred to earths mightiest team (instead of heroes) but I think this always plays on the fact that they are a tight knit family as opposed to individual heroes that get together to fight evil

I think you are right!

#23 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@sa5m: did u miss out wolverine?because he in the picture
#24 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men wins since vision is the only threat . 

magneto can take out iron man, and disable hawk eye and cap by removing their weapons.

since Emma is on their side, she will use her mind games on everyone to turn them on each other,except vision since he is an android.

the vision will not be able to touch the x-men, since kitty can lend them her powers, and any energy attacks will be blocked by magneto's force field, while the cajun, rogue(with cyclop's powers) and cyclops will be on target practice. soon, vision will run out of power and x-men wins

#25 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people need to learn that there is something called telepathic resistance, like seriously.

#26 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

Agreed. For the time being at least...

#27 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Some people need to learn that there is something called telepathic resistance, like seriously.

Thank you.

Emma is not going to decide this battle and will most likely get taken out at the start or be forced into diamond. The main threat to the Avengers is Magneto.

#28 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Thank you.

Emma is not going to decide this battle and will most likely get taken out at the start or be forced into diamond. The main threat to the Avengers is Magneto.

Actually she can, Magneto can just simply shield her from what ever assault comes at her. She can practically turn the whole team on one another. Or I can follow

@kcaz said:

x-men wins since vision is the only threat . magneto can take out iron man, and disable hawk eye and cap by removing their weapons. since Emma is on their side, she will use her mind games on everyone to turn them on each other,except vision since he is an android. the vision will not be able to touch the x-men, since kitty can lend them her powers, and any energy attacks will be blocked by magneto's force field, while the cajun, rogue(with cyclop's powers) and cyclops will be on target practice. soon, vision will run out of power and x-men wins
#29 Posted by The Stegman (23989 posts) - - Show Bio

X men, really really easily

#30 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Thank you.

Actually she can, Magneto can just simply shield her from what ever assault comes at her. She can practically turn the whole team on one another. Or I can follow

@kcaz said:

x-men wins since vision is the only threat . magneto can take out iron man, and disable hawk eye and cap by removing their weapons. since Emma is on their side, she will use her mind games on everyone to turn them on each other,except vision since he is an android. the vision will not be able to touch the x-men, since kitty can lend them her powers, and any energy attacks will be blocked by magneto's force field, while the cajun, rogue(with cyclop's powers) and cyclops will be on target practice. soon, vision will run out of power and x-men wins

No, at least not with Storm she can't, Magneto and Storm both have high level TP resistance, not sure about the rest though, maybe Emma could turn the rest on themselves but with Magneto and Storm she could not.

#31 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Charmix said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Thank you.

@kcaz said:

No, at least not with Storm she can't, Magneto and Storm both have high level TP resistance, not sure about the rest though, maybe Emma could turn the rest on themselves but with Magneto and Storm she could not.

I never said Storm, what I meant was that she can practically turn the team on one another, I was being specific but by knowledge those who don't have high telepathic resistance or shielding are susceptible to her telepathy. And why would she use it on Magneto, he's on her side. Unless I'm interpreted your statement, did I? O__O

#32 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men take it.

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Charmix said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Thank you.

@kcaz said:

I never said Storm, what I meant was that she can practically turn the team on one another, I was being specific but by knowledge those who don't have high telepathic resistance or shielding are susceptible to her telepathy. And why would she use it on Magneto, he's on her side. Unless I'm interpreted your statement, did I? O__O

LOL, my bad sorry, :P.

#34 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Charmix said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Charmix said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Thank you.

@kcaz said:

LOL, my bad sorry, :P.

its okay, I wrote a typo when I replied to you O_O

so were even:D

#35 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

xmen team for me

#36 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Charmix said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Thank you.

@kcaz said:

Agreed if Magneto could shield her but in addition to Storm, Iron Man also has TP defenses IIRC, and I doubt she could effect Vision. And from a tactical perspective, I don't see why the Avengers woudn't go for her and Magneto first. Magneto is their only shot. Without him there only real defense is neutralized. After that, everyone save for Kitty, would be vulnerable to Storm on her own, let alone the rest of the Avengers.

#37 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Charmix said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Thank you.

@kcaz said:

Agreed if Magneto could shield her but in addition to Storm, Iron Man also has TP defenses IIRC, and I doubt she could effect Vision. And from a tactical perspective, I don't see why the Avengers woudn't go for her and Magneto first. Magneto is their only shot. Without him there only real defense is neutralized. After that, everyone save for Kitty, would be vulnerable to Storm on her own, let alone the rest of the Avengers.

Well they have Rogue who can practically do what people would say "speed blitz" since she has Marvel's powers. But if they're busy with Magneto that leaves the other members to easily take them out via their concentration is on Magneto. Plus given that Emma's mind control works instantaneously she can manipulate both Hawkeye and Spider Woman and possibly Captain America. Spider Woman uses her pheromone powers to idk manage to immobilize Storm?

#38 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: It's possible but the Avengers have members that can handle Rogue. She's less of a threat here than Emma and Magneto. And Spider Woman could use her pheromones against the X-Men at the start of the battle as well. If Emma could telepathically take over their minds, I agree she can turn some of the Avengers against their team mates, but as I mentioned, tactically they could remove the telepath first. It would make sense with Storm on the team, since this is a philosophy she has applied in battle before. Iron Man on his own could possibly be a handful for Magneto, and Vision or Storm could take on Rogue. As I mentioned before though, I think the X-Men win due to Magneto. If he was not present, Rogue is not enough of an advantage to turn the tide with this roster of the Avengers.

#39 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Charmix: It's possible but the Avengers have members that can handle Rogue. She's less of a threat here than Emma and Magneto. And Spider Woman could use her pheromones against the X-Men at the start of the battle as well. If Emma could telepathically take over their minds, I agree she can turn some of the Avengers against their team mates, but as I mentioned, tactically they could remove the telepath first. It would make sense with Storm on the team, since this is a philosophy she has applied in battle before. Iron Man on his own could possibly be a handful for Magneto, and Vision or Storm could take on Rogue. As I mentioned before though, I think the X-Men win due to Magneto. If he was not present, Rogue is not enough of an advantage to turn the tide with this roster of the Avengers.

fairly said enough

#40 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

It's basically Storm, Vision, and Iron Man against Magneto, Emma, Rogue, and Cyclops.

I don't agree about Magneto soloing, I think Storm could mitigate his effectiveness, and the others would have a tough time against Vision while intangible (what happens if an intangible Kitty goes through an intangible Vision?). But Cyclops' ranged attack overwhelms Hawkeye and Cap's ranged attacks, esp. if Magneto disarms them at first. And Emma can take many of them out (not sure about Vision, but Iron Man is TP resistant). If Rogue took on Gambit, Wolvie, and Kitty's powers, she'd wreak some havok. So I don't think any one X-Man solos, but the group of them as a whole would take the Avengers down eventually.

Storm is very powerful, but not well shielded against attacks. A Kitty-powered Rogue flying through Iron Man would short him out, I believe. The Avengers need one extra good fighter to even their odds.

#41 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Avengers::

Magneto takes Cap's shield, hawkeye's arrows, and beat them with their own weapons while simultaniously crushing vision and Ironman.

Emma mind-rapes the other two while Rogue goes in for the finishing blows.

X-men stomp.. in this case.

#42 Posted by charlieboy (7159 posts) - - Show Bio

the x-men take this. mags alone is enough. and i see namor in that picture.

#43 Posted by Macest128 (806 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster said:

• Avengers::

Magneto takes Cap's shield, hawkeye's arrows, and beat them with their own weapons while simultaniously crushing vision and Ironman.

Emma mind-rapes the other two while Rogue goes in for the finishing blows.

X-men stomp.. in this case.

depends if hulk and thor are in the avengers team they win if not that x-men win

#44 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Macest128: they arent in the OP

#45 Edited by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm Solos.... Storm's powers work in less than a conscious thought and she has solo'd the xmen team before:

#46 Edited by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, so for those who think Emma owns Storm, please its been done before and Storm dealt with Emma easily..

A blast from the way back past:

She has taken on Rogue (with Ms. Marvel Powers) before easily too

#47 Posted by Macest128 (806 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

Also, so for those who think Emma owns Storm, please its been done before and Storm dealt with Emma easily..

A blast from the way back past:

She has taken on Rogue (with Ms. Marvel Powers) before easily too

this is spite not puting hulk or thor on the avengers team

#48 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@Macest128: ummm... not really but ok.